Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 6/24/2022 11:54:02 AM EDT
Use code AR15 for 15% off AR products.

this is just an FYI. Not the best place to buy if you ask me but not a bad deal for sure.
Link Posted: 6/24/2022 2:14:40 PM EDT
[#1]
Nice!  Thanks
Link Posted: 6/24/2022 8:34:42 PM EDT
[#2]
Why does everyone piss on optics planet?  Yea, they are a big conglomerate,  but everything I have ever ordered shipped out fast if in stock.  Backordered items I was updated on fairly regularly up until they shipped.  I also really like how you can cancel a backordered item if you find it elsewhere.

That said,  I do prefer buying from the smaller guys,  many are members here,  great product support and knowledge of what they sell.  even if it cost a little more I don’t care.
Link Posted: 6/25/2022 10:02:56 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Why does everyone piss on optics planet?  Yea, they are a big conglomerate,  but everything I have ever ordered shipped out fast if in stock.  Backordered items I was updated on fairly regularly up until they shipped.  I also really like how you can cancel a backordered item if you find it elsewhere.

That said,  I do prefer buying from the smaller guys,  many are members here,  great product support and knowledge of what they sell.  even if it cost a little more I don’t care.
View Quote

I have a mixed bag of experiences with them. Not that they never fixed it bc they did. Every handguard I ordered from them (5 different handguards) something was up with it. 3 different G rails and two different DD rails. Again they did fix it but that is nuts that all had issues. Other than that, not a single issue with product.
Link Posted: 6/26/2022 2:13:07 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View Quote

I ordered something in stock per their site. Three weeks later I asked, and they told me it was on back order. When I asked about cancelling, they said there was a restocking fee, despite not fucking having it in stock. Frustrated, I decided to wait.

One month (~two total) later, no order. The part is in stock at a couple other places. They say it’s supposed to ship soon.

Two months (~three total) I request to cancel. They say there’s a restocking fee, again for something they don’t even have in stock. They tell me it’s going to ship soon, but I already bought it elsewhere.

Two weeks later no refund. I call, they say no history of being canceled. Guy tells me I’m subject to a restocking fee. I tell him I don’t care. Guy tells me they’re shipping soon. Fuck. No. He says okay, 5-7 business days for a refund.

I ended up getting my refund almost FIVE MONTHS after placing my order, minus a 15% restocking fee. For the product they said they had in stock but never did.

Absolutely never again, and my experience isn’t even half as bad as some. People have had this happen on multiple thousand dollar orders. Same shit. “In stock”. “Okay, it wasn’t but it will ship soon”. “Okay it’s not shipping soon, but do you really want to pay the fee to cancel”.  “You should just wait it out”.

If they operated here as a member, they would have been perma banned.
Link Posted: 6/26/2022 2:57:27 PM EDT
[#5]
I don’t get it. I average 1 order a month for several years and i’ve never had an issue. I just used their 15% off coupon on a Spike’s CHF barrel.
Link Posted: 6/27/2022 4:55:35 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote

Because they love to cancel orders, and love not telling you what is or isn't in stock, and their website is awful
Link Posted: 6/27/2022 5:42:41 PM EDT
[#7]
Never had a problem with OpticsPlanet in decades, ordering, receiving, canceling. That’s my experience. Maybe it’s because I have a lucky rock.
Link Posted: 6/27/2022 5:54:32 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Two months (~three total) I request to cancel. They say there’s a restocking fee, again for something they don’t even have in stock. They tell me it’s going to ship soon, but I already bought it elsewhere.

View Quote
I ordered two Aero complete uppers.  After a couple weeks, I realized they were not in stock and back ordered.  One click cancellation and no restock fee.
Link Posted: 6/27/2022 6:44:44 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

I ordered two Aero complete uppers.  After a couple weeks, I realized they were not in stock and back ordered.  One click cancellation and no restock fee.
View Quote

Wonder if they got rid of it. I got hit with one, but this was about 10 years ago. Never going to risk ordering from them again to find out.
Link Posted: 6/28/2022 12:07:08 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote

Optics Planet is based in Northbrook, IL, Basically Chicago, and that defines their business practices.  You get decent service as long as it is profitable and easy, but the second you become a pain in their neck, they stop caring about you.  The phrase "Honest Chicago businessmen" should tell you all you need to know...
Link Posted: 6/28/2022 8:46:16 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

I ordered something in stock per their site. Three weeks later I asked, and they told me it was on back order. When I asked about cancelling, they said there was a restocking fee, despite not fucking having it in stock. Frustrated, I decided to wait.

One month (~two total) later, no order. The part is in stock at a couple other places. They say it’s supposed to ship soon.

Two weeks later no refund. I call, they say no history of being canceled. Guy tells me I’m subject to a restocking fee. I tell him I don’t care. Guy tells me they’re shipping soon. Fuck. No. He says okay, 5-7 business days for a refund.

I ended up getting my refund almost FIVE MONTHS after placing my order, minus a 15% restocking fee. For the product they said they had in stock but never did.

Absolutely never again, and my experience isn’t even half as bad as some. People have had this happen on multiple thousand dollar orders. Same shit. “In stock”. “Okay, it wasn’t but it will ship soon”. “Okay it’s not shipping soon, but do you really want to pay the fee to cancel”.  “You should just wait it out”.

If they operated here as a member, they would have been perma banned.
View Quote

Shitty……

During the craziness of covid I was trying to finish up a build.  I had 6-8 parts on backorder status.  My card was never charged until I received an email stating Items were back in stock and about to ship.  If I found something in stock elsewhere,  I simply cancelled the backordered item.

But like I said above,  I do by far prefer the “owner operator” run businesses out there.

Link Posted: 7/1/2022 4:54:26 PM EDT
[#12]
I just grabbed a DD 14.5 upper from them, ordered Tuesday night around 8pm, had the upper Thursday at 4pm. $882 and free shipping
Now for the mistake they made, I ordered the upper with an extended DD birdcage flash hider, and they shipped me the one with the Surefire flash hider. Not that I care, it showed the SF one out of stock so I had selected the other one

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/1/2022 6:10:15 PM EDT
[#13]
They have been screwing up a lot lately and I will not use them anymore.

I had their CS lie to me multiple time. I went to get an item replaced and was told they had plenty in stock so do an exchange instead of a second order as it would be quicker and easier. I told them I didn't think the stock would last while I awaited the exchange and would rather order a separate replacement then have them refund the first but they told me they would hold one for me. They didn't and it sold out as soon as my return arrived to them. It was a T-2 optic I needed before a specific time to qualify with for carry on duty and well I missed that date thanks to them so I wouldn't be able to use it on duty for over a year.

They then said they would ship out the replacement ASAP with upgraded shipping when it arrived in stock and to contact them back at that time. I did and they couldn't find the order, exchange nothing. Then they finally find it and supposedly ship it to me but the tracking shows it didn't get to USPS on time and without the upgraded shipping they promised. I convinced work to make an exception and give me a chance to go requalify with it when it arrived as it was finally moving through USPS it got to my state then turned around and went back to Optics Planet before then turning around again and coming to me. It missed the delivery date by an extra week. I just got it today almost a month after the order started and now the mount is defective.

Oh did I mention they screwed up my billing and wouldn't ship it to me till they figured out what crazy mess they did? I explained it to them dang near with crayons that they charged me twice for the same optic and charged me my own store credit they owed me (they owed me 550 dollars and charged me for my own money). They wanted about 1500 before shipping it to me even after I corrected them! Took three days of explaining to them over and over how their math was wrong and they where double billing and charging me for money they owed me to boot I even had to send them their own emails etc. They seem to be run by morons now vs how the old company was. They also took away the 5% off coupon I entered on the item. I tell you all this as a word of caution I have done thousands of dollars with them and they aren't who they used to be I had been doing business with them for decades till now.
Link Posted: 7/1/2022 10:18:06 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Never had a problem with OpticsPlanet in decades, ordering, receiving, canceling. That’s my experience. Maybe it’s because I have a lucky rock.
View Quote

Yeah same.

Ordered a ton of stuff from them, no issues ever.

Grabbed a Reptilia AUS 30mm scope mount today actually

On sale for $262.99
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top