Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/18/2021 12:30:18 AM EDT
Would appreciate your opinions, thoughts or experiences with their latest generation 9mm Spider Glock receiver.

Thanks in advance!!!
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 12:58:24 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Would appreciate your opinions, thoughts or experiences with their latest generation 9mm Spider Glock receiver.

Thanks in advance!!!
View Quote

5 seconds on google....click this for information for you to read
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 8:04:39 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History

None of those links work, probably because of the attempt by our wannabe overlords to "cancel" ar15.com.

And please stop using Google.  It's feeding the oppressors.  Try DuckDuckGo: ddg.gg

Regarding the Spikes 9mm glock lower, my "spider" lower is about a year old and it works very well. Macon Armory barrel (they have a note saying their "guaranteed to feed" barrels aren't guaranteed with spikes lowers, but mine works fine), Brownell's branded 9mm bolt, Aero upper.

Link Posted: 1/18/2021 9:10:43 AM EDT
[#3]
Mine has been ok.  I’ve had to tweak the last round bolt hold open feature.  Still working on it, sometimes it will lock back with one round still in the mag.  Also, the ejector, yeah, was not right from Spikes.  I found a video and literally put a crescent wrench on it and had to bend it more into place.  
It’s mated to a PSA 4” 9mm upper.  They’ve been ok, but temperamental.  Part of it is I had a bad kci mag messing things up too, just go straight Glock mags.  

The blast is large and loud and more recoil that I would have thought.  I do have a CGS Mod 9 in jail for it, hoping that tames the blast and recoil a bit.  Otherwise, I’m only about 75% ok with it and cannot use it for the wife/kid as a HD gun yet due to the issues and inconsistencies.

Looking back, I’d buy a complete gun like an AR-V or FM-9, but they didn’t offer what I wanted then.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 9:56:40 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Also, the ejector, yeah, was not right from Spikes.  I found a video and literally put a crescent wrench on it and had to bend it more into place.  
View Quote

Ejector adjustment is frequently necessary for blowback guns, factory or home built.  I wouldn't hold that against any 9mm lower.

From my "Lots of 9mm AR information" thread...

*** Ejector misalignment is very common with blowback 9mm. ***

- The ejector groove in the bolt exposes the ejector to a very small part of the outer edge of the cartridge case rim. If the ejector is out of place, it may miss the edge of the cartridge rim entirely, or just barely clip the rim. This may cause the cartridge case to remain in the action instead of ejecting, or may cause inconsistent ejection.
- To see the ejector's relationship to the bolt, look through the ejection port as the charging handle is slowly pulled back. There is a cutout in the lower left (bolt's left) bolt face. The tip of the ejector (the tip is usually rectangle-shaped) will become visible in that cut as the bolt is drawn backwards. The ejector tip should appear to fit snug in the corner of the cutout.

A properly aligned ejector:

[Image of bolt face and ejector tip]

- The most common recommended solution is to adjust the ejector by gently bending so that it rides as high (toward the top) and right (toward the bolt’s right) as possible in the corner of the bolt ejector groove, just barely missing/touching the bolt during bolt travel.
- Some ejectors are held in place with set screws that allow vertical adjustment of the ejector.
- Some manufacturers (e.g. Stern Defense) use hardened steel ejectors that may break if bending is attempted.
- The ejector tip face should also be smooth, flat, and square (parallel) to the bolt face. Angles, curves, rough spots, etc. may prevent the case from ejecting straight out the port.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 1:26:10 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

None of those links work, probably because of the attempt by our wannabe overlords to "cancel" ar15.com.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

I just saw what happened....that's a damn shame.
We had tons of information that seems to have been disappeared.

OP....Spikes is highly regarded, but may require some "tuning" to get it to work with some BCG's.

The SOP is buy/build and then diagnose any issues that arise.
The big ones to watch out for are....BCG-ejector interference.....BCG stroke length (spacer in buffer tube)....or barrel feed ramp issues.
Most of these are not an issue if you find a complete upper....but getting quality upper components will also help prevent them.

Good luck on your build.
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top