Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/14/2020 12:26:18 AM EDT
I was looking through a couple boxes of stuff Saturday.
It was stuff I cleaned out of my work truck and office when I retired
from the sheriffs office about a year ago.

Inside one box was two 40 round C Products metal mags
They should be still loaded with 38 round each.
I bought them when we replaced our mini 14s with Bushmaster patrol rifles.
10 to 15 years ago

They rode in the drivers door pouch with the extra ammo.
Twice a year, I stop by the range, tap the back a couple of times to make sure the rounds were seated.
Then fire them off and reload.
They look like crap, but they always worked.

Need to run out to the range tomorrow and see if they will work in my 10 inch pistol I built
Link Posted: 1/14/2020 9:37:38 AM EDT
[#1]
Sounds like they should be GTG
Link Posted: 1/15/2020 12:31:39 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Need to run out to the range tomorrow and see if they will work in my 10 inch pistol I built
View Quote
And?

Link Posted: 1/15/2020 10:00:23 PM EDT
[#3]
Shot both the c products mags and a magpul m2 40 rounder dry with no problems.

My PSA 10 inch pistol is a blast to shoot
Link Posted: 1/29/2020 3:41:34 PM EDT
[#4]
I’ll bet 90-95% of their stuff is perfectly fine.  The problem is what to do with the bad 5-10%.  When Larry was a sponsor here he was allowed to claim anything he wanted and no one was allowed to contradict him.  He once claimed he was getting a military contract.
Link Posted: 1/29/2020 9:14:18 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 1/30/2020 9:04:09 PM EDT
[#6]
If they are tested and work I would be ok with them.  Some people wouldn’t.  To each his own.
Link Posted: 1/31/2020 7:34:08 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I’ll bet 90-95% of their stuff is perfectly fine.  The problem is what to do with the bad 5-10%.  When Larry was a sponsor here he was allowed to claim anything he wanted and no one was allowed to contradict him.  He once claimed he was getting a military contract.
View Quote
I wouldn't touch anything made by them just based on the rumors and the way everyone was treated.
Link Posted: 2/1/2020 12:28:44 PM EDT
[#8]
I have 4...never had a problem with mine.
Link Posted: 2/3/2020 10:19:15 PM EDT
[#9]
I have a whole bunch from back when $10 USGI style mags were a smoking deal.

I've never had a problem with any of them that I can recall.   SS or aluminum, 10, 20 or 30 round, 556 or 6.8...  they all worked.  Not the highest quality if you're a "run them over with the truck" kind of guy, but for range use they fit the bill.

Magpuls definitely look cooler though.  
Link Posted: 2/7/2020 12:24:51 AM EDT
[#10]
I would trust my life to a C Products 40 round mag.

Not a fan of their 20 & 30 round mags.
Link Posted: 2/10/2020 11:02:10 PM EDT
[#11]
Been using two CProducts 40s for my matches for the past year or so.  Never a problem.
Link Posted: 2/13/2020 6:05:17 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

I wouldn't touch anything made by them just based on the rumors and the way everyone was treated.
View Quote
I wouldn’t buy any of their stuff but since Larry was given free reign on this technical forum to claim anything he wanted and had shills posting raving about how great his magazines were a lot of unsuspecting members here were burned.  A lot of people bought large quantities of his magazines and stored them away before the truth came out that they were less than stellar.
Link Posted: 2/14/2020 1:56:37 AM EDT
[#13]
I have probably 4 or 5 C-Products 30 rounds mags. My first AR-15 was a Diamondback DB15CCB that came with one, and honestly I have had those C-Products work when a brand new straight out of the package Magpul M3 40 rounder would not. My favorite magazine is the surplus 30 and 20 round G.I. Mags.

I have a local guy that I can buy 20 of the 30 rounders for $100, some of em still have the Iraqi sand in ‘em. J/k.. Needless to say I have boxes of them lol all Colt and OKAY marked.

I am working on collecting up Combloc AK magazines as well as 5.56, 7.62x39, and 9mm ammo at the moment.

~Josh
Link Posted: 2/22/2020 11:34:50 AM EDT
[#14]
I got 10 30rnd C-Products mags in a trade during the 2012 panic.

4 out of 10 ended up being deformed at the tops of the tubes, so the feedlips were misaligned.

Those ones all caused malfunctions. I stripped the parts and tossed the mag bodies.

The other 6 worked fine, I sold the working ones cheap with a 10.5 pistol I had.

My only C-Products experience.
Link Posted: 2/22/2020 12:24:12 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 2/23/2020 11:18:43 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I absolutely REFUSE to buy anything that’s from C Products or any of the other companies that MIGHT be associated with the Panka’s

After the shit show that went on here, the shilling for BOTH C Products AND C Products Defense, the lies, the broken promises, etc.

There’s a reason that the Panka’s are BANNED!
View Quote
Personally I care less about the politics and more about the mags. The springs and followers were total shit in my sample of 12 or so.
Link Posted: 3/17/2020 10:10:44 PM EDT
[#17]
Picked up a bunch of cproduct colt pattern 9mm mags back before I knew they were less than stellar. Most of the ones I tested didn’t function properly. I was very unhappy to find out  that promag made a better product.
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top