Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 11/23/2018 10:07:46 AM EDT
Don't think there's a better weaponlight deal out there than this

https://www.batteryjunction.com/olight-pl-2-valkyrie-weapon-light.html
Link Posted: 11/24/2018 10:23:31 AM EDT
[#1]
Debating between this and another inforce wml for an ar pistol.

I did pick up the pl-mini for an MCK I ordered. Figured it would be nice to have a light that fits both the Roni, and the glock that sits inside the roni.
Link Posted: 11/24/2018 10:35:23 AM EDT
[#2]
Ordered one yesterday, looks like a tremendous deal.

Anyone see any good deals on lights to throw on an AR?
Link Posted: 11/24/2018 10:40:09 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote
I would think the light in the OP would work great on an AR.

ETA: Primary arms has the inforce wml2 for ~$85 which is a pretty good deal too.
Link Posted: 11/24/2018 8:28:27 PM EDT
[#4]
The WMLx has the advantage of being able to take rechargeable cells (16650), if the controls and mounting work for you and you're going to use it a lot and don't want to piss away a pile of 123's

I admit I had to go for the PL-2 deal, though.
Link Posted: 11/25/2018 12:20:17 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote
Cloud Defensive is %25 storewide through 11/26.
Link Posted: 11/25/2018 4:46:52 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote

Link shows 79.96 discount 20% from 99.95. Is there another 20.00 off somewhere?
Link Posted: 11/25/2018 6:28:47 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

ETA: Primary arms has the inforce wml2 for ~$85 which is a pretty good deal too.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks, I guess you're right!  I ordered another Valkyrie last night, got an email today about them being backordered.  No worries, especially if the first shows up in timely manner.

I don't mind the non-rechargeable battery piece, I don't expect to actually turn it on very often.
Link Posted: 11/25/2018 6:29:52 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't think so, must've been just a 2-day special price.  They were marked at $60 as of yesterday evening.
Link Posted: 11/27/2018 12:43:37 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I don't think so, must've been just a 2-day special price.  They were marked at $60 as of yesterday evening.
View Quote
Those "bastiages"!

Still a decent deal for a good light.
Link Posted: 11/27/2018 11:02:29 PM EDT
[#10]
My order for two shipped today.  Messing with a coworker's, seems like a nice all purpose light.  Much prefer the switch over that of the TLR, though the "tap" for on needs to be shortened.  If trying to turn the light on and off in quick flashes, it wants to go into steady on mode.
Link Posted: 11/28/2018 5:42:20 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote
My Inforce from PA just arrived today. I like it!
Link Posted: 11/28/2018 7:40:40 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
My order for two shipped today.  Messing with a coworker's, seems like a nice all purpose light.  Much prefer the switch over that of the TLR, though the "tap" for on needs to be shortened.  If trying to turn the light on and off in quick flashes, it wants to go into steady on mode.
View Quote
When did you order?
I got an email from them today saying my order is delayed shipment until Dec. 17.
Link Posted: 11/28/2018 7:51:08 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
When did you order?
I got an email from them today saying my order is delayed shipment until Dec. 17.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
When did you order?
Well, it was the 24th at about 10 PM, but I checked the tracking number in the email and it still says they just printed a shipping label.  Gonna be kind of peeved if they delay shipping.  I need one of these for work and I almost bought from Battery Junction instead.
Link Posted: 11/28/2018 8:00:11 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Well, it was the 24th at about 10 PM, but I checked the tracking number in the email and it still says they just printed a shipping label.  Gonna be kind of peeved if they delay shipping.  I need one of these for work and I almost bought from Battery Junction instead.
View Quote
Actually, it was Battery Junction I bought mine from and is delaying. I bought the mini pl from Olight, and that is due here Friday, so you should be OK.
Link Posted: 11/28/2018 8:25:13 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Actually, it was Battery Junction I bought mine from and is delaying. I bought the mini pl from Olight, and that is due here Friday, so you should be OK.
View Quote
Well we will see, they printed the shipping label yesterday and it hasn't shipped yet.

Edit: They actually shipped.
Link Posted: 11/29/2018 12:19:56 PM EDT
[#16]
I ordered S1R II, S2R II, PL-Mini, and PL-2s from Battery Junction and they all arrived today.

I wanted to order directly from Olight to get the free M1T Raider, but their website was nothing but 503 Errors for hours.  And plus they didn't have the S2R II on sale and the PL-2 didn't go on sale until after the sale on the S1R II and PL-Mini ended.
Link Posted: 12/1/2018 8:14:32 PM EDT
[#17]
Mine got in surprisingly fast.

Pleased with it so far, but this might be the first time I've used a handgun light and thought it was too bright.

Should work great outdoors or on a long gun though.
Link Posted: 12/2/2018 12:11:09 AM EDT
[#18]
I ordered one of these from Olight's website for $59 on black Friday. It arrived on Tuesday which is pretty quick for a black Friday sale imo.

Firstly this light will take rechargeable RCR123/16340 cells (I got the feeling that some are unaware from reading this thread). The battery compartment is tight enough that most protected rechargeable cells will not fit but I did have a single Eagletac 16340 on hand to test fit and it fits well. I'm not sure who makes the cell itself but I'm sure the internet knows (it's just a rebranded cell).

This little guy has a perfect large hot spot with no flaws and packs a real punch with it's throw. I purchased this to be used as a handgun light but this could easily be used on a carbine imo. I was not expecting it to throw so far. Mounting lockup is quick, tight, and seems secure. The only thing I can find that I don't like is the blue tint at what I would guess is around 6000k-6500k. I would rather a 4000k-4500k color temp but maybe this will give me a reason to do an emitter swap.
Link Posted: 12/3/2018 6:51:46 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
The only thing I can find that I don't like is the blue tint at what I would guess is around 6000k-6500k. I would rather a 4000k-4500k color temp but maybe this will give me a reason to do an emitter swap.
View Quote
I like it.  But I have dark brown eyes, so cooler light looks better to me than warmer light.  I try to replace bulbs in the house with daylight bulbs and my [blue eyed] wife hates them lol.  She says they're too bright and hurt her eyes.

Next to my Surefire X300U, the PL-2 looks clean and crisp and truly white.  The warmer light from the X300U looks yellow and hazy and dim.  The PL-2 is definitely wayyy brighter than the X300U (but I have the original 500 lumen X300U and not the latest 1000 lumen one).

I think I like the activation buttons on the PL-2 better than the Surefire/Streamlight style switches too.

It fits perfectly in all my Safariland holsters made for TLR-1/X200/X300, even though I saw some other posts saying it wouldn't.

Is there any way to make the mount tighter?  There's a tiny tiny bit of front to back movement on my Glock if I push on it hard.  It's not enough to make me worry, but I'd love to tighten it a little more if possible.
Link Posted: 12/3/2018 9:53:22 PM EDT
[#20]
Mine arrived a few days ago.  Shockingly bright.  Reading reviews on Amazon for batteries has me wondering what brand to go with.  I have not used a cr123 light before, so any suggestions would be helpful.
Link Posted: 12/3/2018 10:38:08 PM EDT
[#21]
Mine came in today. Notice anything wrong in this picture?

Attachment Attached File

And yes, I double checked my receipt. I ordered the right one.
Link Posted: 12/3/2018 10:45:38 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/384595/IMG_20181203_203539_jpg-760036.JPG

View Quote
Well, that sucks.

They decided to tell me a couple of days after I ordered that the item was not in stock when I ordered (which it said it was) and would not ship until the 17th.

I let that slide, but if they end up sending me the wrong light too, I'll flip.
Link Posted: 12/3/2018 10:51:49 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Well, that sucks.

They decided to tell me a couple of days after I ordered that the item was not in stock when I ordered (which it said it was) and would not ship until the 17th.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well, that sucks.

Yeah, I ordered a 2nd one after this and put a note on there with my first order # telling them they could combine into one shipment.

This one came separately, obviously, and I got a note a day or two later that the other one had a projected shipping date of Nov-30.  No update on that one.

I'm sure BF and was crazy for them, but one wrong item and the other delayed, and the 17th for you? Yeah all that sucks.
Link Posted: 12/3/2018 11:36:26 PM EDT
[#24]
That sucks.  Olight does not even list that model anymore.  BJ has a usual price of $60 for that model.  Frustrating that someone can not read the difference between PL1 and PL2.
Link Posted: 12/4/2018 12:18:05 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Is there any way to make the mount tighter?  There's a tiny tiny bit of front to back movement on my Glock if I push on it hard.  It's not enough to make me worry, but I'd love to tighten it a little more if possible.
View Quote
Gen 5 glocks moved to a more traditional 1913 type rail vs the old glock style so if you have a gen 5 then try the 1913 adaptor that should've been included. Mine is tight with the correct adapter installed.
Link Posted: 12/4/2018 12:21:03 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Mine arrived a few days ago.  Shockingly bright.  Reading reviews on Amazon for batteries has me wondering what brand to go with.  I have not used a cr123 light before, so any suggestions would be helpful.
View Quote
I've always used Battery Station cr123s and have never had an issue. Plenty of good reviews of them around as well.
Link Posted: 12/4/2018 1:50:01 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View Quote
Damn that sucks.  Hopefully they get you the right one ASAP.
Link Posted: 12/5/2018 4:10:10 PM EDT
[#28]
Yup, they said I had to ship the wrong one back before they'd send the new out out, but then I got a shipping notification a couple hours later so maybe they're fired it right out. Either way I boxed up the PL1 and put it out in the mail today.

Still haven't gotten word on the 2nd one I ordered, who knows where that one is.  Projected Nov 30 ship date but haven't seen anything on it yet.
Link Posted: 12/5/2018 11:26:36 PM EDT
[#29]
Did you order from Battery Junction or direct from Olight?

I ordered from Battery Junction and received my order in 3 business days.  Half a dozen lights and they were all correct including the PL-2.
Link Posted: 12/5/2018 11:57:50 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Did you order from Battery Junction or direct from Olight?

I ordered from Battery Junction and received my order in 3 business days.  Half a dozen lights and they were all correct including the PL-2.
View Quote
Battery Junction.  I'm not exactly getting top shelf service here.

They also replied that my other light was now expected to be available December 13.
Link Posted: 12/6/2018 12:32:15 PM EDT
[#31]
On the topic of the Olights, they seem to get great reviews. Now I'm wondering what holsters will work with them. Specifically with Glock pistols. I wonder if any of the holsters designed for other Glocks with lights mounted will also work with one using an Olight. Anyone know?
Link Posted: 12/6/2018 4:49:28 PM EDT
[#32]
Will not support China on this one weaseling into another American industry by stealing our technology, then making it with slave labor for 1/10th the cost.
Link Posted: 12/7/2018 1:17:54 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Will not support China on this one weaseling into another American industry by stealing our technology, then making it with slave labor for 1/10th the cost.
View Quote
Cool.
Link Posted: 12/7/2018 1:19:25 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
On the topic of the Olights, they seem to get great reviews. Now I'm wondering what holsters will work with them. Specifically with Glock pistols. I wonder if any of the holsters designed for other Glocks with lights mounted will also work with one using an Olight. Anyone know?
View Quote
@cochraneap mentioned above "It fits perfectly in all my Safariland holsters made for TLR-1/X200/X300, even though I saw some other posts saying it wouldn't."
Link Posted: 12/7/2018 10:58:50 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
@cochraneap mentioned above "It fits perfectly in all my Safariland holsters made for TLR-1/X200/X300, even though I saw some other posts saying it wouldn't."
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
They fit in Safariland duty holsters for G17 w/TLR1.  Can't verify anything else, I could see issues with a more form fitting concealed carry type holster.
Link Posted: 12/14/2018 1:03:29 PM EDT
[#36]
This is back on sale for $59.97 for 3 days.
I don't need another.
I don't need another.
Link Posted: 12/14/2018 1:17:21 PM EDT
[#37]
For another $10 off use this:

AL18BF9991

Ordered direct from Olight.
Link Posted: 12/14/2018 1:53:36 PM EDT
[#38]
Tempted to grab one to run at 12 o'clock on my 8" 300 BLK in front of my BUIS. Any cons for using this light in that regard?

Quite a bit cheaper than even the 400 lumen inforce wml.
Link Posted: 12/14/2018 2:12:06 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

AL18BF9991

View Quote
That pushed me over.
Link Posted: 12/14/2018 2:27:56 PM EDT
[#40]
Thanks for the discount code! $49 for that light is an incredible deal.
Link Posted: 12/14/2018 2:32:52 PM EDT
[#41]
I remember reading somewhere that the PL 2 had issues with recoil....

???
Link Posted: 12/14/2018 4:22:43 PM EDT
[#42]
I emailed Olight, And their reply "We recommend only using the cr123's in that light."  So be careful if you use rechargeables, they might not be covered.
Link Posted: 12/14/2018 4:58:01 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Tempted to grab one to run at 12 o'clock on my 8" 300 BLK in front of my BUIS. Any cons for using this light in that regard?

View Quote
Ordered 2 of them. Have a couple AR's that could use some lights and I'm starting to like the 12 o'clock light mounting these days.

Thanks for Posting.
Link Posted: 12/14/2018 5:18:24 PM EDT
[#44]
Since I noticed thread back up again, I did receive one and the other showing shipped.

Little sucker lights up the night, I'd almost rather get shot than take the 1200 lumens to night-adjusted eyes.

I tried it in a kydex OWB fitted for an x300 and it does NOT fit.  I dont see a ton of holster options so may go with one of the Safarilands which are supposed to have a less fitted...fit.
Link Posted: 12/14/2018 5:22:56 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View Quote
I was actually about to pull the trigger on another WML for my 8" blackout when I saw this thread. Ordered the Olight instead, and if it ever arrives it will reside on the 8" blackout.
Link Posted: 12/14/2018 5:30:11 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
I don't need another.
I don't need another.
View Quote
HMMMMM..........(ordering finger paused nervously over mouse, ready to click)
Link Posted: 12/14/2018 7:45:55 PM EDT
[#47]
CAN ANYONE CONFIRM THE RECOIL ISSUE WITH THE PL 2!?!?

There is a thread on Reddit about it. Many people appear to be experiencing an issue with the light failing from recoil....

https://www.reddit.com/r/flashlight/comments/8e7ymw/olight_pl2_warning_does_badly_under_heavy_recoil/
Link Posted: 12/14/2018 7:48:46 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

AL18BF9991

View Quote
Thanks. Heck of a deal.
Link Posted: 12/14/2018 8:08:20 PM EDT
[#49]
this site is a bunch of bastards!

tried to get the FDE version for the $49 but couldn't find it. Oh well. I have a few of their small key chain lights and they are brighter than expected, reliable, and take the piles of abuse I throw at them without issue. so hoping this is the same. should help me shrink my SBR (long surefire fury on it) or live on a pistol. TBD.
Link Posted: 12/14/2018 11:40:30 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
I don't need another.
I don't need another.
View Quote
Thanks.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top