Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 12/22/2020 3:56:12 PM EDT
Hello, I recently purchased an olight Odin mini with the intentions of putting the included tape switch on top of my palmetto mlok hand guard. My hand guard doesn’t have a 1913 on top of the rail so I purchased some mlok 1913 mounts off Amazon and come to find out the top slots aren’t as wide as a conventional mlok. My side rail is fine. But I really wanted the tape switch on top. Is there anything I can do? Or is it just a design flaw of this particular hand guard?
Link Posted: 12/22/2020 3:59:19 PM EDT
[#1]

Link Posted: 12/22/2020 11:42:14 PM EDT
[#2]
Deleted
Link Posted: 12/23/2020 3:42:13 AM EDT
[#3]
I was literally dealing with the exact same issue today. It’s a bit janky but I was able to tighten down an old MOE rail section to the top. I don’t know if it will hold up under recoil since it isn’t really braced against the edges of the slots.

I have a different light on order for that rifle anyway. I am going to put my Odin mini on my Sub2k. I already tried it out on that and it fits great. Just have to unplug the switch when I fold it.
Link Posted: 12/23/2020 7:42:31 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
So much poor in one post.
View Quote

When you live in NY and it’s difficult to own an ar in general, there isn’t any reason to go spend a ton of money on one for the chance of it being confiscated anyway. Plus milspec is milspec. There’s only certain components that actually benefit from being from well known manufacturers.
Link Posted: 12/23/2020 7:43:17 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I was literally dealing with the exact same issue today. It’s a bit janky but I was able to tighten down an old MOE rail section to the top. I don’t know if it will hold up under recoil since it isn’t really braced against the edges of the slots.

I have a different light on order for that rifle anyway. I am going to put my Odin mini on my Sub2k. I already tried it out on that and it fits great. Just have to unplug the switch when I fold it.
View Quote

I imagine I’m just stuck with it. There’s no way for me to get the mlok nuts to sit through those slots and tighten down. The hole just isn’t big enough.
Link Posted: 12/23/2020 11:30:40 AM EDT
[#6]
If you own a file the slots can be any width you want.

Link Posted: 12/23/2020 12:05:20 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Deleted.
View Quote
This isn't GD.
Link Posted: 12/23/2020 12:18:31 PM EDT
[#8]
I've been known to drill my own holes, and make my own slots.

If it is a cheap rail, I wouldn't hesitate.
Link Posted: 12/23/2020 12:30:56 PM EDT
[#9]
I was actually impressed with the Olight Odin Mini I received.
Link Posted: 12/27/2020 1:54:14 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I was actually impressed with the Olight Odin Mini I received.
View Quote

We have a Mini and a full size; both are quite badass.
Link Posted: 12/27/2020 2:10:11 PM EDT
[#11]
I use Zip-Ties, I've also seen large inner-tubes cut into "Ranger Bands" and put around the whole rail, or electrical tape. Get creative - or come up with a way to activate it anyway - I can activate a 9 O'clock Pressure Pad, shooting "lefty", with a modified grip.
Link Posted: 12/27/2020 7:36:25 PM EDT
[#12]
Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top