Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 4/28/2022 9:41:44 AM EDT
I'm sure they are . Read a few reviews .  But trust you guys and gals opinions more than YouTube.  The texture grip means nothing to me. But the description of having an improved feed lips got my attention.   Better than standard usgi feed lips?  Thanks for the input.Wardawg
Link Posted: 4/28/2022 10:26:27 AM EDT
[#1]
Have both, no appreciable advantage IME, especially now that the majority ship with Magpul enhanced followers as opposed to the nifty blue ones.  

Damn hard to beat the Okay legacy mags.
Link Posted: 4/28/2022 10:56:05 AM EDT
[#2]
YEs.  I have tested them extensively and then bought a mad stack.  Ribbed for your pleasure.

Better than other milspec?  Debatable.  I have many different milsurp mags that work great.  I have D&H and PSA branded D&H and they all run great.
Link Posted: 4/28/2022 4:43:14 PM EDT
[#3]
They do work great. BUT unless you're running fancy a lot 855a1 I doubt you"ll notice an appreciable difference between them and the standard surefeed. the texture is nice for pulling them out of a pouch though. Only flaw I specifically know of is SOME not all 300 blk out guns don't like them. I've yet to see pictures or replicate it. If you can score them cheap go for it.
Link Posted: 4/29/2022 11:07:48 AM EDT
[#4]
Yes.  Use them all the time without issue.
Link Posted: 4/29/2022 12:07:26 PM EDT
[#5]
Just ordered 4 of each color. Now where the hell to put them.
Link Posted: 4/29/2022 9:11:09 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Just ordered 4 of each color. Now where the hell to put them.
View Quote

It's a good problem to have

Okays rule!
Link Posted: 4/29/2022 11:00:04 PM EDT
[#7]
I really like them, my favorite actually if only for the blue follower that keeps my buddies with OD green and/or Orange followers honest.

The YHM steel mags with the Orange followers are killer mags as well if you run up on them for sale.
Link Posted: 4/30/2022 7:59:41 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I'm sure they are . Read a few reviews .  But trust you guys and gals opinions more than YouTube.  The texture grip means nothing to me. But the description of having an improved feed lips got my attention.   Better than standard usgi feed lips?  Thanks for the input.Wardawg
View Quote

Tried them when they first came out. Unnecessary texture and silly "Surefeed" logo turned me off. You won't notice any significant difference in feeding from original Okay Surefeed mags.
Link Posted: 5/5/2022 9:12:04 AM EDT
[#9]
Any place still selling these E2 mags with the blue followers?

From what I remember, the blue followers use a different spring than what is used with the Magpul followers. Is that correct?

Doesn't look like they're even using the Magpul followers in the E2s anymore... Maybe that was just a short term thing?

http://www.surefeedmagazines.com/magazines/e2.html
Link Posted: 5/5/2022 3:10:28 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

From what I remember, the blue followers use a different spring than what is used with the Magpul followers. Is that correct?

Doesn't look like they're even using the Magpul followers in the E2s anymore... Maybe that was just a short term thing?

View Quote

I just got 10 mags from Rainier Arms. Black, tan, and grey.  They all had blue followers. I did not look at the born on date. Yet. WarDawg
Link Posted: 5/5/2022 4:13:09 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

I just got 10 mags from Rainier Arms. Black, tan, and grey.  They all had blue followers. I did not look at the born on date. Yet. WarDawg
View Quote

Interesting... Definitely interested to hear when they were made.
Link Posted: 5/5/2022 8:26:16 PM EDT
[#12]
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
im taking that the date is the 9-20. Cheers Wardawg
Link Posted: 5/5/2022 8:27:26 PM EDT
[#13]
I believe I paid 11.99 ea.
Link Posted: 5/5/2022 11:04:56 PM EDT
[#14]

Thanks! They must be from before the switch from the blue followers with that date.
Link Posted: 5/8/2022 9:16:19 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote

Got an order from PA recently, all blue followers.
Link Posted: 5/8/2022 9:35:00 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View Quote

Date stamped from 2020?
Link Posted: 5/8/2022 10:10:06 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote

Got an order last week from botach black E2s , production date 10-21, foliage green followers
Link Posted: 5/26/2022 2:45:02 PM EDT
[#18]
I have used standard SureFeed and E2 with factory installed MagPul (not blue) followers in a variety of Colt and LMT without any appreciable difference in performance which is to say they’ve all been 100%.
Link Posted: 5/28/2022 9:07:57 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote

Kind of ironic, PA actually updated their product photos for the tan E2 to show Magpul followers:

Okay Industries SureFeed E2 5.56 AR-15 Magazine - 30 Round - Desert Tan

The gray and black mags still show the original photos with blue followers.
Link Posted: 6/2/2022 8:56:11 PM EDT
[#20]
The YHM steel mags with the Orange followers are killer mags as well if you run up on them for sale.
View Quote

They are on-sale 3 for $26.99
Link Posted: 6/2/2022 10:00:59 PM EDT
[#21]
I bought an eight-pack of the black E2s from Botach that arrived last week. They had a date of 6/21 and the OD green Magpul follower inside.
Link Posted: 6/11/2022 11:33:18 PM EDT
[#22]
I just picked up several of each color of the Okay Surefeed's and the E2's from Rainier with the exception of the Surefeed fde. Its out of stock but they have the E2 fde. Looks like these are selling out fast with production stopping this year. I had them in cart at a few vendors I'm building list for and just today several places went out of stock. I have plenty of magazines and multiple brands but don't recall buying any Okay's. So just to error on the side of caution I picked up a few. Just want to make sure my kids and grandkids have plenty of options.

Link Posted: 6/18/2022 9:10:34 PM EDT
[#23]
I haven't had any issues with mine so far.  I like the extra texture on the mags, but that's going to be a personal preference for each person, I don't see how they would affect function in any way.
Link Posted: 6/19/2022 7:25:42 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I bought an eight-pack of the black E2s from Botach that arrived last week. They had a date of 6/21 and the OD green Magpul follower inside.
View Quote

Ordered 3 of their 8 packs in gray which arrived this week. The half dozen I checked are dated 1-21 or 6-21 and all 24 of them have blue followers.
Link Posted: 6/19/2022 10:30:08 PM EDT
[#25]
I have (almost) gone to  E2s exclusively. One thing I have figured out is that my Aero and my Colt A4 will NOT run with the blue followers. I guess it's the more aggressive feed angle but both of those rifles will try to stick the round through the top of the chamber. With Magpul green and/or yellow in the same mags they run like sewing machines.

The last two times I have taken both rifles out I've taken spare followers and swapped them out, issue solved.

Not to end on a bad note, my LWRC functions just fine with the blue followers.
Link Posted: 6/20/2022 10:50:44 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
I have (almost) gone to  E2s exclusively. One thing I have figured out is that my Aero and my Colt A4 will NOT run with the blue followers. I guess it's the more aggressive feed angle but both of those rifles will try to stick the round through the top of the chamber. With Magpul green and/or yellow in the same mags they run like sewing machines.

The last two times I have taken both rifles out I've taken spare followers and swapped them out, issue solved.

View Quote

I thought the springs in the E2 mags were different from the springs in the standard Okay mags and specific to the blue followers? Is this not the case?

Without taking them apart, comparing my Okay E2 mags with blue followers to my standard Okay mags with Magpul followers the springs are clearly different.
Link Posted: 6/20/2022 10:52:53 AM EDT
[#27]
Double tap.
Link Posted: 6/20/2022 12:18:03 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View Quote

I would shitcan every last one of those mags.  If Colt A4 won’t run on them without changing the spring and follower.

The stiffer springs are causing the  feedlips to lose control of the rounds and they’re just barely working with weaker springs. They’re junk.
Link Posted: 6/20/2022 9:25:47 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

I thought the springs in the E2 mags were different from the springs in the standard Okay mags and specific to the blue followers? Is this not the case?

Without taking them apart, comparing my Okay E2 mags with blue followers to my standard Okay mags with Magpul followers the springs are clearly different.
View Quote

I should have included that I took the spring as well as the follower together.
Link Posted: 6/20/2022 9:35:55 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

I would shitcan every last one of those mags.  If Colt A4 won’t run on them without changing the spring and follower.

The stiffer springs are causing the  feedlips to lose control of the rounds and they’re just barely working with weaker springs. They’re junk.
View Quote

They are 100% reliable with a spring and follower swap, I have asked Okay about this and they said it is a steeper feed angle for 855A1 and M995. I dont shoot either of those.
Link Posted: 6/20/2022 10:21:45 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

They are 100% reliable with a spring and follower swap, I have asked Okay about this and they said it is a steeper feed angle for 855A1 and M995. I dont shoot either of those.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The follower has nothing to do with feed angle. If it’s tossing rounds above the chamber the feedlips aren’t doing their job.

I have had problems with legacy Okay mags spitting rounds out like that.  
Link Posted: 6/21/2022 8:34:53 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

The follower has nothing to do with feed angle. If it’s tossing rounds above the chamber the feedlips aren’t doing their job.

View Quote

I'll defer to their decades of magazine development but I hope you got your mags figured out.
Link Posted: 6/22/2022 8:16:12 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

I'll defer to their decades of magazine development but I hope you got your mags figured out.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They sent you mags that puke rounds and you had to change the springs and followers to make them work.

I’ll defer to mag makers that develop better mags..
Link Posted: 6/22/2022 8:50:10 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Ordered 3 of their 8 packs in gray which arrived this week. The half dozen I checked are dated 1-21 or 6-21 and all 24 of them have blue followers.
View Quote

My Gray ones I just got from Botach are marked 10/21 and have blue followers.

My black ones I just got at a LGs are 1/21 with magpul followers.

Back to OPs question I have a few crusty old mags... they still work just as well as my new ones.
Link Posted: 6/22/2022 8:21:02 PM EDT
[#35]
You guys have me all worried now so I checked the first batch (gray color) I bought in July of 2021 and their date code is 6/20 and these also have the blue followers.

I'm pretty sure I've run at least one of them in my Aero lower with a DIAS and don't recall any problems.
Link Posted: 6/27/2022 5:17:42 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 8/20/2022 2:16:45 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View Quote
The reason PMAGs (and Lancers with their hardened steel feed lips) exist is because GI mags lose control of the rounds pretty easily.  Not sure if they have or even could have modified the feedlip design.  I can make a PMAG puke out rounds if I throw it on the ground, but in actual use they seem to do better.  I used to be a GI mag guy but gave up after multiple malfunctions.
Link Posted: 8/20/2022 11:13:50 AM EDT
[#38]
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top