Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/21/2020 10:45:45 AM EDT
Has anyone had or heard of anyone else having issues with the new Surefeed E2's? I recently purchased 18 of them from a very reputable vendor (who has already agreed to exchange or replace them at no cost) and  while I haven't tested every single one as I don't have the time to keep screwing with them, I was able to pick out at least ten that are causing malfunctions. All mags are dated 3/19. A lot of things came together at once and it's been a lengthy process figuring out what was causing the malfunctions, however, I've been able to narrow it down to the mags through process of elimination and compare/contrast.

The rifle being used is a factory complete 16" KAC SR-15 MOD 2. The type of malfunctions being experienced is the type where the bolt seems to scrape across the top of a round, partially feeding it and then jamming it at an angle into the feed ramps. The rifle has approximately 5k or so rounds through it. I recently took possession of my Surefire 556 SOCOM II, so, initially I thought it may be overpassed and given the round count, time for a little maintenance. I proceeded to replace the buffer spring as well as a KAC HH buffer, I also went ahead and gave the rifle a thorough cleaning and re-lubed just to rule things out. Something to keep in mind, even after adding the suppressor but before replacing the buffer spring and buffer, this rifle ran 100% with Pmags, clean or dirty with the "worn out" buffer spring and KAC SR-15 buffer. The only malfunctions the rifle had ever experienced in the past were from running a bad batch of Hornady M193.

CONT BELOW...
Link Posted: 1/21/2020 10:46:34 AM EDT
[#1]
Ammunition being used has been Magtech M193, Magtech MK262, MEN M193, Geco M193, Hornady 75gr TAP (both 5.56 and .223 pressure) and Hornady American Gunner 55gr HP. Results have been the same with all types of ammunition. The mags seem to run 100% when loaded with 3-5 rounds, however, when loaded with more than 5 rounds will malfunction. When loaded to 30 rounds I can typically get through several rounds before a malfunction. Bolt locks back 100% of the time with all ammunition used as well as SR-15, H and HH buffers. Other mags tried were some factory KAC/Okay mags with the white KAC follower, Pmags (both Gen2 and Gen3) a Lancer 20rd mag and some older DH aluminum mags. The rifle ran 100% with all other mags.
Link Posted: 1/21/2020 11:05:19 AM EDT
[#2]
Theres 20 pages on this topic below.
Link Posted: 1/21/2020 11:15:29 AM EDT
[#3]
Posted in wrong place. Sorry
Link Posted: 1/21/2020 11:34:40 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 1/21/2020 11:40:45 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

HERE
View Quote
Thanks man, I had originally read the first few pages which seemed to consist of people talking about how awesome they were.
Link Posted: 1/21/2020 2:16:28 PM EDT
[#6]
I’ve not had a single issue with the 3 or so I’ve used. Sorry to hear about your experience, really out of place with a company like okay.
Link Posted: 1/21/2020 6:14:21 PM EDT
[#7]
Dupe
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top