Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 7/26/2022 12:17:07 PM EDT
I heard Okay is getting out of the magazine business at the end of the year.  
Are they still in production?  Can we expect to see another batch?  Hard to find.
Link Posted: 7/26/2022 12:41:17 PM EDT
[#1]
Okay?  
Isin't or wasn't that one of those tabloids mostly found in the checkout lanes in grocery stores that targets housewives???

*** ETA***  Damn, wrong kinda magazines...
Link Posted: 7/26/2022 12:46:32 PM EDT
[#2]
Order now, or soon to beat the rush.
Botach is one online store for these. They were shipping those made in late 2021 when I checked a month or so ago. The lot # and date is on each mag.
Link Posted: 7/26/2022 12:53:55 PM EDT
[#3]
I work for a distributor that has carried Okay Industries mags for a long time.  We sold out a while ago and cannot get anymore.
Link Posted: 7/26/2022 12:54:26 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 7/26/2022 2:46:46 PM EDT
[#5]
Still some here:

I just placed another order...  Like everyone else here..  Don't need more, but why the heck not..

https://www.preppergunshop.com/mag-ok-surefeed-ar15-5-56-30rd-black

And Black E2’s here:

https://www.k-var.com/surfeed-30e2-ar-15-magazine-30-rd-capacity-anti-tilt-follower-black

Good Luck,
D
Link Posted: 7/29/2022 12:06:42 AM EDT
[#6]
Wonder whos gonna fill their place.They make the colt and sig mags as well.Luckily i have more than i need a friend gave me some 25 years ago their still going strong.I recently bought a few 20s too.

I like the 20s for prone shooting
Link Posted: 7/29/2022 9:12:58 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I heard Okay is getting out of the magazine business at the end of the year.  
Are they still in production?  Can we expect to see another batch?  Hard to find.
View Quote

GunMagWarehouse still has Grey 20-round magazines.  10 for  $119.90 as of 8:11 am CDST.

https://gunmagwarehouse.com/okay-surefeed-ar-15-223-rem-5-56-20-round-magazine-10-pack.html?queryID=c8ee292e4625ad16827b60d683f8fc52&objectID=10576&indexName=magento_default_products
Link Posted: 8/18/2022 3:12:21 PM EDT
[#8]
Okay is in the process of running 3 months of inventory for the buyer to cover orders during the equipment move. The plan is to shut down Okay’s production line and ship the manufacturing equipment in early/mid-October. The new company is estimating it will take 3-4 weeks to be up and running (mid-November?).

Link Posted: 8/18/2022 3:36:50 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Okay is in the process of running 3 months of inventory for the buyer to cover orders during the equipment move. The plan is to shut down Okay’s production line and ship the manufacturing equipment in early/mid-October. The new company is estimating it will take 3-4 weeks to be up and running (mid-November?).

View Quote

Info source? More details?
Link Posted: 8/18/2022 3:37:49 PM EDT
[#10]
I tried buying some off Botach, but used Paypal and got an email saying Paypal cannot be used on ammo or mags.  I  had them cancel it and I cancelled my paypal account.  Filthy commie leftist PIGS
Link Posted: 8/19/2022 11:26:48 AM EDT
[#11]
The new buyer will be announced in a few weeks.
Link Posted: 8/21/2022 9:30:26 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote

PSA
Link Posted: 9/21/2022 4:03:47 PM EDT
[#13]
I know of a local shop that has several hundred Surefeed mags of various types left in stock. They dont sell online but will ship out phone orders. Those still looking for them can IM me
Link Posted: 9/21/2022 5:29:12 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote

Maybe I have missed this but was the new buyer announced finally?

@bulls_i:
Link Posted: 9/21/2022 8:22:54 PM EDT
[#15]
Last I looked DSArms had them listed still.
I am curious what Brownells is going to do now. I noticed they started carry the D&H ones.
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 9:28:13 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I am curious what Brownells is going to do now. I noticed they started carry the D&H ones.
View Quote

I don't think Brownells has ever sold Okay magazines?
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 9:33:52 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote
When I took a look at their prices for every D&H that they're offering for sale, it took me by surprise that they're offering P320 magazines. Thirty round extended capacity magazines to be exact.
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 11:33:24 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View Quote

I don't think it a coincidence that their individual magazine packaging changed to the same format as Okays and their information on the side relocated to the same spot as on an Okay mag maybe a couple of years ago. Also they are out of mags now and started carrying D&H 223 magazines.
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 12:15:42 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

I don't think it a coincidence that their individual magazine packaging changed to the same format as Okays and their information on the side relocated to the same spot as on an Okay mag maybe a couple of years ago. Also they are out of mags now and started carrying D&H 223 magazines.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I know I've heard over the years that they were making their own magazines, though I could be terribly out of the loop... The only Brownells magazines I ever bought were their straight 20s, but they are completely different than Okay's straight 20s and the packaging is/was completely different as well.
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 12:21:55 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

I know I've heard over the years that they were making their own magazines, though I could be terribly out of the loop... The only Brownells magazines I ever bought were their straight 20s, but they are completely different than Okay's straight 20s and the packaging is/was completely different as well.
View Quote

They did make their but I began to wonder about the newer ones when I got a few with the changes I mentioned.
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 2:21:36 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 2:41:45 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 2:47:56 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

They purchased Co Line to manufacture their magazines.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They purchased Co Line to manufacture their magazines.

Co-Line signs first Department of Defense contract, partnering with Brownells to produce the ammunition magazine for M16, M4 and AR15 rifles.

LINK

Link Posted: 9/23/2022 3:17:39 PM EDT
[#24]
Wonder who bought the equipment.
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 4:59:50 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Pic is an older Brownells mag from 2013 on the left, a 2021 Brownells mag in the middle, and an Okay surefeed from late 2020 on the right. The Brownells in the middle and the Oaky on the right are packaged the same. The Brownells info by the mag catch is now moved up starting above the bottom like the Okay mag. The main front indented crease at the top is rounded like the Okay on the middle packaged 2021 Brownells mag unlike the flatter top of the crease on the old coline Brownells mag. Also the other two creases now extend up as high as the Okay mag instead of stopping lower like the older Brownells one on the left. Not in the picture but the all the older Brownells I have are wide when viewed from the bottom and have a slight gap at the floorplate sides. That is gone now and they are similar to the Okay mags now.
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/1642/magspik1_JPG-2536446.JPG
View Quote

Interesting... Thanks for comparing them.
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 6:08:45 PM EDT
[#26]
J3_ mentioned the Brownells=Okay thing awhile back so I looked at some 2021 made Brownells 30s next to some Okays and they were so close I think it’s entirely possible that Okay was making them.
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top