User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 9
Posted: 3/1/2022 3:40:56 PM EDT
Link Posted: 3/1/2022 3:49:06 PM EDT
[#1]
Thanx for the info!!! I wonder if they will go polymer. Any thoughts?
Link Posted: 3/1/2022 3:49:17 PM EDT
[Last Edit: BGENE] [#2]
5 Page Thread in GD

Cliff notes: Looks like it is true for those taking time to actually read through the thread vs. calling BS without looking at the facts.

OP in this thread calling Okay Industries is just another fact to add to the list of supporting information.

I bought some.
Link Posted: 3/1/2022 3:53:12 PM EDT
[Last Edit: bfoosh06] [#3]
Link Posted: 3/1/2022 4:00:59 PM EDT
[#4]
I was a distributor, and I know that company insiders wanted to focus on the other side of their manufacturing business... and the magazines were too politically charged. They didn't want the one product to hurt their others.
Link Posted: 3/1/2022 4:02:51 PM EDT
[#5]
Sucks. They made great magazines.
Link Posted: 3/1/2022 4:06:51 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ArizonaRifleman] [#6]
I wonder if anyone is going to buy their tooling?

Not my business but sad to hear. Thankfully I've got enough to not have to buy anymore but dang I'm kind of hurt that there will be no more runs of FDE 20 round Okays.

Big Tex has a bunch of FDE 20 rounders in stock

Ordered!
Link Posted: 3/1/2022 4:27:07 PM EDT
[#7]
Botach has them for under $10 now
Link Posted: 3/1/2022 5:45:29 PM EDT
[#8]
I called and spoke to sales,  it's true.  Said they are trying to sell the brand, but who knows.
Link Posted: 3/1/2022 5:47:11 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By BDA:
I was a distributor, and I know that company insiders wanted to focus on the other side of their manufacturing business... and the magazines were too politically charged. They didn't want the one product to hurt their others.
View Quote

Well they are in CT

What else do they make?
Link Posted: 3/1/2022 6:48:00 PM EDT
[#10]
Piss.
Link Posted: 3/2/2022 11:27:25 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 3/2/2022 2:29:21 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By bfoosh06:

GTG.. I was going to IM you , in case you didn't see this.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By bfoosh06:
Originally Posted By ArizonaRifleman:
I wonder if anyone is going to buy their tooling?

Not my business but sad to hear. Thankfully I've got enough to not have to buy anymore but dang I'm kind of hurt that there will be no more runs of FDE 20 round Okays.

Big Tex has a bunch of FDE 20 rounders in stock

Ordered!

GTG.. I was going to IM you , in case you didn't see this.

Link Posted: 3/2/2022 11:02:58 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By Holdemdown:
What else do they make?
View Quote

They make medical equipment of some kind, and apparently it’s a much larger part of their business than magazines.
Link Posted: 3/2/2022 11:11:55 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By 3ACR_Scout:

They make medical equipment of some kind, and apparently it’s a much larger part of their business than magazines.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By 3ACR_Scout:
What else do they make?

LINK
Link Posted: 3/3/2022 12:37:14 AM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By TGWLDR:

LINK
View Quote

And surprise, surprise, not one mention of AR Magazines in their company CV.

Apparently not part of their "core" business....
Link Posted: 3/3/2022 7:34:06 AM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By BobinNC:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By BobinNC:

LINK

Covered on their Surefeed page:
LINK
Link Posted: 3/3/2022 8:32:37 AM EDT
[#17]
I suspect they are concerned that sooner or later, the leftist mobs are going to come for them because they make parts for the icky black rifle. So they are trying to get ahead of it.
Link Posted: 3/3/2022 8:53:45 AM EDT
[#18]
I hope that whomever buys up their expertise and tooling, does them good and not a bunch of idiots like Freedom Group was.

Who do we need an @ at for the PSA owners?
Link Posted: 3/3/2022 8:58:40 AM EDT
[#19]
The news is clearly out. Lanbo's has all but been picked clean by the panic mob. Okay hasn't stopped production yet, have they? Sounds like they intend to keep going until at least the end of this year.
Link Posted: 3/3/2022 9:08:46 AM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By TheLASwamp:
The news is clearly out. Lanbo's has all but been picked clean by the panic mob. Okay hasn't stopped production yet, have they? Sounds like they intend to keep going until at least the end of this year.
View Quote

Gun owners are always the first to panic it seems
Link Posted: 3/3/2022 9:24:27 AM EDT
[#21]

View Quote

History has shown that the unprepared gun owners are severely punished for their laxness. So, I do understand the mindset. I was tempted to put in an order, but having remembered the last huge mag shortage, I already spent a few years stocking up.
Link Posted: 3/3/2022 9:35:44 AM EDT
[#22]

History has shown that the unprepared gun owners are severely punished for their laxness. So, I do understand the mindset. I was tempted to put in an order, but having remembered the last huge mag shortage, I already spent a few years stocking up.
View All Quotes

I went ahead and ordered a bunch of FDE 20's, they were already on my list of things to get but this recent development means I may have to pick up some more despite already being fat on supplies like yourself. Not to flip, either.
Link Posted: 3/4/2022 11:30:18 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 556Cliff] [#23]
Wow, this is crazy news!

Okay has been around making the best aluminum mags forever! Are they not going to be making mags for the military anymore? Maybe they haven't been, I'm not sure how out of the loop I am.

If anything I'll miss their 20 round mags, guess I'll have to make the full switch to Brownells (which don't have as great of a reputation) for those.

Glad I stocked up on Okays a few years ago.
Link Posted: 3/4/2022 7:04:00 PM EDT
[Last Edit: BGENE] [#24]
So I just received some of the 30 Rd E2 Mags, production date of 01/21, I thought the E2 had blue followers?

The followers are greenish/gray or close to that color.

Anyone have any information or know of any changes to the mags.

ETA Sealed Bags, marked E2, definitely E2 Mags

ETA Apparently I am not the first to ask this/and answer
Link Posted: 3/4/2022 7:15:23 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ArizonaRifleman] [#25]
My grey master race 20's showed up and tomorrow my FDE 20's arrives

Keep buying those 30 rounder's fellas, gives a guy like me an actual chance to get a healthy amount of 20's
Link Posted: 3/4/2022 7:37:09 PM EDT
[Last Edit: WTex] [#26]
Hey Arizona, those FDE 20 rders at Big Tex look different than the tan 30rd Okays I ordered elsewhere, almost Arizona desert colors, are they?  

For what its worth Botach (yes I know) still has the 30rd mags available for $9.98. Got my shipping notification the same day.
Link Posted: 3/4/2022 7:46:52 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By WTex:
Hey Arizona, those FDE 20 rders at Big Tex look different than the 30rd Okays I ordered elsewhere listed as tan, almost Arizona desert colors, are they?  

For what its worth Botach (yes I know) still has the 30rd mags available for $9.98. Got my shipping notification the same day.
View Quote

Well I do know that if you're out and about if you drop a FDE mag or even a Pmag coyote brown, you're kind of screwed especially if it's been dry for weeks or even months.

Somewhere in game unit 19A, there's a 20 FDE filled with TBBC 62's that slipped out of my pack at some point because the dang girlfriend wanted something out of my pack and put things back in wrong.

Link Posted: 3/4/2022 7:54:29 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Sputnik556] [#28]
Unfortunate, I’ll probably order a ten pack sometime this year.
Link Posted: 3/4/2022 7:55:13 PM EDT
[Last Edit: WTex] [#29]
Hope you find that missing mag one day, at least your girlfriend is willing to go with you.  Yea I didn't need more either, but hey they are going to quit making them!
Link Posted: 3/4/2022 8:50:13 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 3/5/2022 2:17:26 AM EDT
[#31]
I suspect they are concerned that sooner or later, the leftist mobs are going to come for them because they make parts for the icky black rifle. So they are trying to get ahead of it.
View Quote

That division, being a little brother of Colt, is a union shop so doubtful on the random political input. I recon Magpul has slayed another competitor.
Link Posted: 3/5/2022 2:21:39 AM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By BGENE:
So I just received some of the 30 Rd E2 Mags, production date of 01/21, I thought the E2 had blue followers?

The followers are greenish/gray or close to that color.

Anyone have any information or know of any changes to the mags.

ETA Sealed Bags, marked E2, definitely E2 Mags

ETA Apparently I am not the first to ask this/and answer
View Quote

The followers are Magpul. Okay can’t currently source the materials needed to meet their strict standards without charging twenty bucks per mag.
Link Posted: 3/5/2022 10:18:38 AM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By 01911:

The followers are Magpul. Okay can’t currently source the materials needed to meet their strict standards without charging twenty bucks per mag.
View Quote

Yeah, Magpul Enhanced followers due to shortage on the material for the blue followers per Okay.
Link Posted: 3/5/2022 10:49:33 AM EDT
[Last Edit: BGENE] [#34]

Yeah, Magpul Enhanced followers due to shortage on the material for the blue followers per Okay.
View All Quotes

Thanks, so as I recall the E2 used a different/special spring with that blue follower, so;

E2 is the same as a USGI Mag with bumps for grip, I believe this statement is accurate.
Link Posted: 3/5/2022 12:52:49 PM EDT
[#35]

Thanks, so as I recall the E2 used a different/special spring with that blue follower, so;

E2 is the same as a USGI Mag with bumps for grip, I believe this statement is accurate.
View All Quotes

They have a different feed geometry. They present the nose of the bullet a little higher and I think the feedlips are tapered.
Link Posted: 3/5/2022 1:00:12 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By samuse:

They have a different feed geometry. They present the nose of the bullet a little higher and I think the feedlips are tapered.
View All Quotes

Yes, forgot about that added difference.

Link Posted: 3/6/2022 7:00:47 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 3/6/2022 7:06:30 PM EDT
[#38]
I bought a few more last week. Fedex seems to be taking the scenic route to my house.
Link Posted: 3/6/2022 8:55:42 PM EDT
[#39]
My FDE 20 rounder's arrived yesterday, didn't have the time until today to go though the mail. Now to add to already yuge stack.
Link Posted: 3/6/2022 9:06:16 PM EDT
[Last Edit: waywaup] [#40]
Originally Posted By PursuitSS:
Botach has Okay Mags for $9.95 a piece, I just ordered more!
View Quote

I ordered 20 dessert tan E2 mags on Monday night, received today(Sunday).  Shipped via UPS but delivered by post office.

They have Sept 2020 date code and grey and brownish followers.
Link Posted: 3/6/2022 9:07:02 PM EDT
[#41]
Can anybody post a picture of a grey one
Link Posted: 3/6/2022 10:38:05 PM EDT
[#42]
Anybody got a coupon code for botach
Link Posted: 3/7/2022 1:17:49 AM EDT
[#43]
This breaks my heart.  

Link Posted: 3/7/2022 1:23:55 AM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By Two-dogs:
This breaks my heart.  

View Quote

I’m sure someone will buy the machines and that side of the business.
Link Posted: 3/7/2022 1:56:51 AM EDT
[#45]

Well they are in CT

What else do they make?
View Quote

ABOUT OKAY
With customer-focused processes and an unwavering dedication to excellence, OKAY Industries has become one of the world’s most-respected medical device manufacturing companies.

OKAY Industries engineers and manufactures components and subassemblies for OEMs in medical, surgical, precision and specialty markets – but it’s our people that are the heart of our operation. Our expert team combines advanced technology and quality craftsmanship on every project, collaborating with customers to solve complex design and manufacturing challenges. With state-of-the-art capabilities and innovative solutions, our team’s experience and skills help customers get to market faster, with improved results and optimized costs.

RE: https://okayind.com/about-okay/
Link Posted: 3/7/2022 9:18:06 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 3/8/2022 5:44:58 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 3/8/2022 6:36:09 PM EDT
[#48]

View Quote

This was for the M855A1 Ammo, right?
Link Posted: 3/8/2022 7:53:51 PM EDT
[#49]

View All Quotes

As I understand that was the intent but based on what I read it universally works with all common rounds.

Link Posted: 3/8/2022 8:15:13 PM EDT
[#50]

View Quote

Not directly related to A1. (Though I'm sure it benefits as well).

"SureFeed E2’s patented feed lips dramatically increase reliability by decreasing the force necessary to strip the cartridge from the magazine.  This low friction feed lip design helps the rifle continue to function when dirty or fouled with carbon."

LINK

Attachment Attached File

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 9
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top