User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Page / 26
Link Posted: 11/26/2021 11:17:18 PM EDT
[#1]

Link Posted: 11/28/2021 1:34:07 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 871JZ] [#2]
Geissele DDC receiver set and DDC ACH ordered. Website states it may take up to five weeks to ship, so I guess now the wait begins. Would prefer to run a tanodized Gasbuster over the DDC ACH. Just have to find one. The anodizing on the newer Gasbusters seems to be more of a brown than the older ones from what I've seen. Would like to find one like my old one pictured below.

Attachment Attached File

Also ordered a 13.9" Triarc Track 2.0 barrel and one of their easy pin gas blocks to use with the DDC receivers, along with a Dead Air flash hider that I'll pin/weld to the barrel to make 16" OAL. Also grabbed a 13" BCM MCMR that I plan on sending to Outlaw Anodizing in Texas to have tanodized. I hope they're still around and offering this service because some of their tano stuff I've seen was absolutely beautiful. Considered the MK16, but at 13.5" long, it may not play nice with the 13.9" barrel.
Link Posted: 12/3/2021 5:23:39 PM EDT
[#3]
Received my DDC receiver set yesterday. Compared to the time it took me to receive my items from previous Geissele black Friday sales, this one was lightning fast. All the parts are slowly coming in. Can't wait to get this tano build complete.
Link Posted: 12/3/2021 5:27:37 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By 871JZ:
Received my DDC receiver set yesterday. Compared to the time it took me to receive my items from previous Geissele black Friday sales, this one was lightning fast. All the parts are slowly coming in. Can't wait to get this tano build complete.
View Quote

I am still waiting for Noveske, and Giessele to deliver.  You done good.
Link Posted: 12/3/2021 6:03:57 PM EDT
[#5]
View Quote

need pictures man!!!
Link Posted: 12/3/2021 6:42:29 PM EDT
[#6]
View Quote

Very nice. I love my DDC set and the build I did with it is one of my favorite projects to date.

Link Posted: 12/4/2021 2:26:45 AM EDT
[#7]
Add another rail to the list. Something to watch out for if they wind up offering receiver sets. These have a nice reddish/brown tone similar to the early colt buffer tubes. (at the expense of being 6061 which some don't care for)
Cross Machine Tool/CMT Tactical DRT rails
Link Posted: 12/11/2021 4:29:53 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By Alaska511:

I am still waiting for Noveske, and Giessele to deliver.  You done good.
View Quote

Thanks, man. I've been very fortunate when it comes to the Geissele Black Friday sales. Each time my stuff has been in my hands in less than a week. I know it's been a tough wait for many in previous years. Hopefully, Geissele and Noveske get your stuff out to you soon.

Originally Posted By 5L33P3R:

need pictures man!!!
View Quote

Be patient! It's a work in progress!

I'll post a pic of the upper this evening. Just finished drilling the barrel and pinning the gas block. It's actually the first time I've drilled a nitrided barrel and it was surprisingly easy. I was initially concerned about breaking through the surface hardened layer of the barrel, but it took all of two minutes and I was through both sides using a new 1/8" cobalt bit. Barrel is a 13.9" Triarc Track 2.0 and the gas block is Triarc's Easy Pin block, which is counterbored on one side to act as a guide for drilling. It really made the process of pinning it a breeze. As for the rail, I went with a DDC MK16 for now until I decide whether or not I want to fool around with having the MCMR reanodized.

Still waiting on the Dead Air flash hider to arrive (scheduled for delivery on Monday), and trying to track down another tan EXPS3-0. Attempting to locate a used one, but not having much luck. Might just have to bite the bullet and order a new one. Gotta run to work in a few and grab some tano parts that were delivered today while I wasn't there. Tan Surefire M600U, tan UE tailcap, and one of Arisaka's new tano MLOK inline Scout mounts.

Originally Posted By Outrider:

Very nice. I love my DDC set and the build I did with it is one of my favorite projects to date.

https://i.imgur.com/p7ZoJR0.jpg
View Quote

I've seen your pics of that one before. Such a beautiful build, man.
Link Posted: 12/11/2021 9:24:29 PM EDT
[#9]

Thanks, man. I've been very fortunate when it comes to the Geissele Black Friday sales. Each time my stuff has been in my hands in less than a week. I know it's been a tough wait for many in previous years. Hopefully, Geissele and Noveske get your stuff out to you soon.

View Quote

It all arrived!  I was hoping my G rail would be a bit "bronzy" like the MK8 KM rail I am swapping out on my Infidel upper, but it is super tan like yours.  It will work.
Link Posted: 12/12/2021 2:38:29 AM EDT
[#10]

It all arrived!  I was hoping my G rail would be a bit "bronzy" like the MK8 KM rail I am swapping out on my Infidel upper, but it is super tan like yours.  It will work.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Nice! You must be thinking about the picture that @FREEFALLE7 posted. I haven't posted a picture of mine yet.

Which rail did you get? I've owned a few of the older Geissele rails and seen many of the earlier rails up to the MK4/MK8 lineup in the darker colors. It seems various reddish/brown/bronze shades of DDC were more common on those, whereas the newer MK13/MK14/MK16 rails that I've seen tend to be more tan or gold in color. I don't know if it will show through in pictures, but the latest MK16 I received is definitely pretty gold looking. I guess that's the name of the game when it comes to DDC, though. It's luck of the draw on getting exactly what you want for color.

Geissele's shop is only an hour and a half drive from me. I've considered stopping by in person and seeing if I could pick out a matching receiver set and rail in my preferred shade of DDC, but I'm sure they would look at me like I had two heads and think I was some kind of crackhead before kicking my ass to the curb for asking if I could do that.
Link Posted: 12/12/2021 1:46:22 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 871JZ] [#11]
Finished assembly this morning. Waiting for more parts to arrive tomorrow so I can assemble the DDC lower.

Keep in mind that I'm not a photographer even though I sometimes play one on ARFCOM. It's difficult to capture DDC in photos the way the eye sees it. The rail is much more of a metallic gold color to the naked eye, versus it's tan appearance in this picture. The rest of the upper is pretty much spot on for color in real life compared to what's depicted in the picture.

Attachment Attached File

I stuck a used Dead Air flash hider on for the picture. New one should be here tomorrow. Also put up a WTB ad in the EE last night for a tan EXPS3-0 and was lucky enough to score a brand new one this morning. And for anyone interested in seeing Arisaka's new tano parts, check out the Scout mount. I emailed Arisaka asking if they plan on offering more items in tano, like the finger stops. Will update with info if/when I get a response.

Tano URG Build List:

• Geissele DDC Upper Receiver
• Colt Forward Assist Assembly
• Colt Ejection Port Door Assembly
• Geissele DDC Airborne Charging Handle
• Geissele DDC 13.5" MK16 Rail
• Triarc 13.9" Track 2.0 Barrel
• Triarc Easy Pin Gas Block
• Triarc Midlength Gas Tube
• Colt Bolt Carrier Group
• Dead Air Keymo Flash Hider
• KAC 200-600M Micro Sights
• Surefire M600U Scout Light
• Surefire UE-TN Tailcap
• Surefire SR07 Pressure Switch
• Arisaka Tano Inline MLOK Scout Mount
• Arisaka MLOK Finger Stop
• Tan EXPS3-0 (incoming)
Link Posted: 12/12/2021 9:10:22 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Alaska511] [#12]

Nice! You must be thinking about the picture that @FREEFALLE7 posted. I haven't posted a picture of mine yet.

Which rail did you get? I've owned a few of the older Geissele rails and seen many of the earlier rails up to the MK4/MK8 lineup in the darker colors. It seems various reddish/brown/bronze shades of DDC were more common on those, whereas the newer MK13/MK14/MK16 rails that I've seen tend to be more tan or gold in color.
View Quote

Oops you're right, it was his.  I see yours now!

I got the MK14, and you are right about that, too!  It is very tan, see below.

It was a great week for handguards
Got the MK 14 for the Infidel, an RAS for my Colt upper MK18 build, a 9.5 NSR to replace the NSR KM on my Crusader, and a 15" NSR to replace the KM on my 16" .308
Link Posted: 12/13/2021 12:21:11 AM EDT
[#13]

Oops you're right, it was his.  I see yours now!

I got the MK14, and you are right about that, too!  It is very tan, see below.

It was a great week for handguards
Got the MK 14 for the Infidel, an RAS for my Colt upper MK18 build, a 9.5 NSR to replace the NSR KM on my Crusader, and a 15" NSR to replace the KM on my 16" .308
https://hosting.photobucket.com/images/h385/alaskaLTZ/image0_(002).jpeg
View Quote

You're on a handguard gathering mission.
Link Posted: 12/13/2021 4:09:52 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 12/13/2021 9:56:20 PM EDT
[#15]

Love that color!
Link Posted: 12/13/2021 10:46:47 PM EDT
[#16]

Looks good, thanks for posting!
Link Posted: 12/14/2021 12:00:24 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 5L33P3R] [#17]

It feels really good in your hand, similar feel to a urx4.  Haven’t mounted or mocked it up yet, but I’m a fan from initial impressions.  The color is a deep flat tano in person, similar to the darker shade of the colt tano buffer tubes.  When I get a chance to get in the shop, I’ll post some pics with it next to the darker colt tano

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/14/2021 10:08:01 AM EDT
[#18]

It feels really good in your hand, similar feel to a urx4.  Haven’t mounted or mocked it up yet, but I’m a fan from initial impressions.  The color is a deep flat tano in person, similar to the darker shade of the colt tano buffer tubes.  When I get a chance to get in the shop, I’ll post some pics with it next to the darker colt tano

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/478727/B8B613AD-4A89-4F1B-8207-0163C6E08DD8_jpe-2203552.JPG
View Quote

That looks great and is a nice option for tanodizers.
Link Posted: 12/16/2021 10:56:52 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 12/16/2021 7:42:47 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Claser7] [#20]
Gathering parts for a new FDE build and came across these bad boys. https://www.battlearmsdevelopment.com/shop/product/bad-eps-al-fde-bad-eps-fde-aluminum-enhanced-takedown-and-pivot-pin-set-4975?category=51#attr= First time seeing B.A.D. offering tanodized parts. Thinking about picking up a set. Anybody use these before? I'm not sure how I feel about the looks of the front pivot pin.
ETA: Looks like they also offer a tanodized mag release button too.
Link Posted: 12/16/2021 11:20:39 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 871JZ] [#21]
Originally Posted By Claser7:
Gathering parts for a new FDE build and came across these bad boys. https://www.battlearmsdevelopment.com/shop/product/bad-eps-al-fde-bad-eps-fde-aluminum-enhanced-takedown-and-pivot-pin-set-4975?category=51#attr= First time seeing B.A.D. offering tanodized parts. Thinking about picking up a set. Anybody use these before? I'm not sure how I feel about the looks of the front pivot pin.
View Quote

Glad to see more companies starting to offer tano parts. Hopefully more join in and we get to see some really nice stuff become available.

Here's another poor quality picture, this time with the lower. Wish it matched the upper receiver, charging handle, and receiver extension better. Still have to pin and weld the flash hider, hence the stock not installed. Some other miscellaneous things are on their way right now, just waiting for them to arrive.

Attachment Attached File

Just for anyone curious, here's the clearance between a 13.5" MK16 and a Dead Air Keymo flash hider on the end of a 13.9" Triarc barrel. Closed bolt face to end of muzzle device measures 16-1/8" or 16.125" which reaches the 16" minimum OAL requirement when permanently attached with an 1/8" to spare.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 12/16/2021 11:38:24 PM EDT
[#22]
View Quote

Yeah, that's great for options but I would never put that on my gun. Great for Gucci builds I guess.
Link Posted: 12/16/2021 11:55:24 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By sdrake100:

Yeah, that's great for options but I would never put that on my gun. Great for Gucci builds I guess.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By sdrake100:

+1

I'm good with the tano on the main components, but when it starts getting down to every single little small part having to be tano and some flashy design, I'll pass. Starts to get a bit tacky. I already feel like I'm pushing it as it is with this rifle.
Link Posted: 12/17/2021 9:23:39 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Claser7] [#24]

+1

I'm good with the tano on the main components, but when it starts getting down to every single little small part having to be tano and some flashy design, I'll pass. Starts to get a bit tacky. I already feel like I'm pushing it as it is with this rifle.
View Quote

That's what I figured. I have basic mil-spec pins that I was planning on using. Just sharing what I have found. Was even looking into FCD pins but it seems like I would be better off putting the money saved towards something more useful. Btw that gun is beautiful!
Link Posted: 12/17/2021 10:59:36 AM EDT
[#25]
View Quote

I love those pins and they go on all my lowers. But I stick with the original finish as I've always liked the slight black/tanodize contrast.
Link Posted: 12/17/2021 11:04:24 AM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By 871JZ:I already feel like I'm pushing it as it is with this rifle.
View Quote

Not at all. Looks good.
Link Posted: 12/17/2021 1:00:43 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By rustyshackleford07:
Add another rail to the list. Something to watch out for if they wind up offering receiver sets. These have a nice reddish/brown tone similar to the early colt buffer tubes. (at the expense of being 6061 which some don't care for)
Cross Machine Tool/CMT Tactical DRT rails
View Quote

Thanks for posting. I'll update the OP

View Quote

Thanks for posting as well. The pins might not be the best for a hard use gun but them and the magazine button are likely quality parts and they are anodized tan.
Link Posted: 12/17/2021 6:03:48 PM EDT
[#28]

That's what I figured. I have basic mil-spec pins that I was planning on using. Just sharing what I have found. Was even looking into FCD pins but it seems like I would be better off putting the money saved towards something more useful. Btw that gun is beautiful!
View Quote

Appreciate it, man.

Originally Posted By MackDaddy1962:

Not at all. Looks good.
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/25/2022 11:43:36 AM EDT
[Last Edit: MackDaddy1962] [#29]
More Tanodized goodies. Finally saved up some coin for a proper WML. Combination of Modlite, Surefire & Unity Tactical hardware. Adds even more to the 50 shades..

Link Posted: 1/25/2022 12:28:34 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By MackDaddy1962:
More Tanodized goodies. Finally saved up some coin for a proper WML. Combination of Modlite, Surefire & Unity Tactical hardware. Adds even more to the 50 shades..

https://media.fotki.com/2v2aSHJAMx9T3R.jpg

https://media.fotki.com/2v2aSHJBFx9T3R.jpg
View Quote

That's a lot of tan!
Link Posted: 1/25/2022 12:49:07 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By pezboytate:That's a lot of tan!
View Quote

And none of them match! Perfect!!
Link Posted: 1/25/2022 3:55:54 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 1/26/2022 11:13:16 AM EDT
[Last Edit: MackDaddy1962] [#33]
@pezboytate

Another one to add to the list:

Arson Machine Tanodized M-LOK Wireguide system

Link Posted: 1/26/2022 12:31:32 PM EDT
[#34]
View Quote

Thanks!
Link Posted: 1/26/2022 3:50:52 PM EDT
[#35]
Attachment Attached File

They also have the pic rail versions
Link Posted: 1/26/2022 3:57:23 PM EDT
[#36]
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/478727/DCFB24E4-1431-4904-967C-36DB11F91E3B_jpe-2255356.JPG

They also have the pic rail versions
View Quote

Those are nice. I actually need some cable management devices so I'll take a look at these.
Link Posted: 1/26/2022 4:21:41 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By Outrider:

Those are nice. I actually need some cable management devices so I'll take a look at these.
View Quote

I just picked up a sing tano and double tano.  A friend of mine has them and they are top notch.
Link Posted: 1/26/2022 5:34:15 PM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By Outrider:Those are nice. I actually need some cable management devices so I'll take a look at these.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Outrider:Those are nice. I actually need some cable management devices so I'll take a look at these.

Originally Posted By 5L33P3R:I just picked up a sing tano and double tano.  A friend of mine has them and they are top notch.

I saw the black versions on Modlite's website. Hmm, those look like nice little pieces of kit. I've bought Arson Machine's goods before, so perused over to their website.. low and behold Tanodized versions! Perfect.

Link Posted: 1/26/2022 8:28:00 PM EDT
[Last Edit: JimTh] [#39]
Just discovered that Chip Mccormick is selling their triggers in a variety of colors.  Not sure about anodized.

Link
Link Posted: 1/27/2022 1:09:34 AM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By JimTh:
Just discovered that Chip Mccormick is selling their triggers in a variety of colors.  Not sure about anodized.

Link
View Quote

CMC Triggers is Chip McCormick?

I have bought 1911 bits at CMP, never saw the 2 tied together.
Link Posted: 1/28/2022 1:56:00 PM EDT
[#41]

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/478727/B8B613AD-4A89-4F1B-8207-0163C6E08DD8_jpe-2203552.JPG
View Quote

How much room is inside it?  I just ordered one and I am hoping to slide it over a colt shaved gas block
Link Posted: 1/28/2022 2:02:28 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By Brandonbeezy:

How much room is inside it?  I just ordered one and I am hoping to slide it over a colt shaved gas block
View Quote

you should be fine.  if the bayo lug and sling swivel ears are still attached to the shaved GB those will have to be removed.  the lower flats may need a little file work on the corners, but i'm not sure.  i'd assume the smae ammount of work needed to make the shaved GB fit under any other modern freefloat rail.

-t
Link Posted: 1/28/2022 7:31:38 PM EDT
[#43]

you should be fine.  if the bayo lug and sling swivel ears are still attached to the shaved GB those will have to be removed.  the lower flats may need a little file work on the corners, but i'm not sure.  i'd assume the smae ammount of work needed to make the shaved GB fit under any other modern freefloat rail.

-t
View Quote

awesome, im pretty stoked to get my hands on it
Link Posted: 1/31/2022 4:58:19 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 1/31/2022 6:28:36 PM EDT
[#45]

Didn't know about Railscales...
Link Posted: 1/31/2022 6:42:15 PM EDT
[#46]

View Quote

Have you had a chance to mount that CMT rail up yet? Just curious as to how you like it as I am considering getting one of the 13 inch DRT rails. I had the 13.7 HDX rail a while back, but regrettably sold it.
Link Posted: 1/31/2022 6:52:03 PM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By pezboytate:

Didn't know about Railscales...
View Quote

@pezboytate

the mag release button and their hand stop/vert grips come in a tano called terra bronze
Link Posted: 1/31/2022 6:52:34 PM EDT
[Last Edit: pezboytate] [#48]
Link Posted: 1/31/2022 6:53:55 PM EDT
[#49]

@pezboytate

the mag release button and their hand stop/vert grips come in a tano called terra bronze
View Quote

I ordered some, thanks.
Link Posted: 1/31/2022 6:54:29 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By jmh556:

Have you had a chance to mount that CMT rail up yet? Just curious as to how you like it as I am considering getting one of the 13 inch DRT rails. I had the 13.7 HDX rail a while back, but regrettably sold it.
View Quote

@jmh556

i did, and i loved it and talked about it so much a buddy of mine is borrowing the upper for the time being as he re considers a project he had. lol

that being said, i have another friend doing a tano build that ordered a 10.5" one today and should have that put together in the next few weeks as parts get delivered.

-t
Page / 26
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top