User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Page / 115
Link Posted: 12/22/2021 9:09:57 AM EDT
[Last Edit: UndrGrndPrdcts] [#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By HaveBlue83:
is it a ts-30 or 2.5-8 ill? what scope u tryin to not paint?
View Quote

Mint 3.5-10 freshly rebuilt from Leupold. Non illuminated so I know its not 100% but the damn things still bring 1k.

Eta: recycled pic

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/22/2021 1:18:46 PM EDT
[#2]
its correct. page 1. :)

i sold my well used and freshly serviced one for under $700. if its mint, u could sell and get a salty one and not care about painting it......
Link Posted: 12/22/2021 1:31:10 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By UndrGrndPrdcts:

Mint 3.5-10 freshly rebuilt from Leupold. Non illuminated so I know its not 100% but the damn things still bring 1k.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/261626/20210417_103157_jpg-2212663.JPG
View Quote

I have one that some bonehead cerakoted black. It would be a good contender for a rattlecan job. Just came back from beaverton with a new objective lens and clean bill of health last month. Shoot me a message if youre interested in working out a trade. I was wanting a fresh one for my M24 anyway.
Link Posted: 12/22/2021 2:02:58 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By TheShlouf:

I have one that some bonehead cerakoted black. It would be a good contender for a rattlecan job. Just came back from beaverton with a new objective lens and clean bill of health last month. Shoot me a message if youre interested in working out a trade. I was wanting a fresh one for my M24 anyway.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By TheShlouf:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/261626/20210417_103157_jpg-2212663.JPG

Thanks for the offer but I think I'm going to keep this one for now.
Link Posted: 12/24/2021 7:16:48 PM EDT
[#5]
M E R R Y  H - M A S ,  Y A   F I L T H Y   A N I M A L S

Link Posted: 12/25/2021 2:39:14 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 12/26/2021 11:51:42 AM EDT
[#7]
Recently saw some pics of Hollands ITW where anything and everything was thrown on them.  So here we are....

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/26/2021 12:32:38 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By SDMF_Rebel:
Recently saw some pics of Hollands ITW where anything and everything was thrown on them.  So here we are....

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/220444/20211226_104309_2_jpg-2217318.JPG
View Quote

And they aren't in this thread why?
Link Posted: 12/26/2021 10:56:47 PM EDT
[#9]
I see a lot of the original Hollands have painted suppressors. What is everyone's experience with painting the aem5? Will it burn/smoke/smell after initial break in?
Link Posted: 12/27/2021 12:13:47 AM EDT
[#10]
I see a lot of the original Hollands have painted suppressors. What is everyone's experience with painting the aem5? Will it burn/smoke/smell after initial break in?
View Quote

Between the paint and powder it'll stink a bit if you shoot fast strings, wouldn't be a bad idea to bring another gun/upper while the can cools.  
Granted I didn't sand mine but the paint chips easier than it cooks. 3-4 layers of Rustoleum on this one.

Link Posted: 12/29/2021 7:54:15 PM EDT
[Last Edit: HaveBlue83] [#11]
5" steel popper at 200yds was comical and worked great. nice easy hits and reset. got it off amazon for $42!

glad the local range got the 200yd up, but it faces the sunset . 1.5 moa dope for the Brit262

Link Posted: 12/29/2021 8:21:40 PM EDT
[#12]
5" steel popper at 200yds was comical and worked great. nice easy hits and reset. got it off amazon for $42!

glad the local range got the 200yd up, but it faces the sunset . 1.5 moa dope for the Brit262

https://i.postimg.cc/HLrQPc97/IMG-20211229-154156.jpg
View Quote

I like your hide .  What sling you using?
Link Posted: 12/30/2021 12:58:44 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 12/30/2021 1:37:19 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 12/30/2021 1:54:06 AM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By SecretSquirell:

That PVS-30(?) on there is
View Quote

Yeah bruh, the H gets down in the dark. Here's a pic and really horrible video of night work with the Holland (steel is the itty bitty white dots in the picture).  Pretty sweet setup given the age of the platform. Still capable and relevant even though I'm sure there's better platforms to do it with.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 12/31/2021 11:30:21 PM EDT
[#16]
Is the current Mod H offering from PRI pretty much clone correct for what they released for duty use?
Link Posted: 12/31/2021 11:49:27 PM EDT
[Last Edit: teamjawbox] [#17]
Originally Posted By Theodoric:
Is the current Mod H offering from PRI pretty much clone correct for what they released for duty use?
View Quote

You'll likely get a variety of answers on that question depending on who answers and also which variation of the H you're referring to.  Here's my answer: Sorta, if you're talking about the later mod H.  And will depend on what you consider "clone correct".  If you zoom out and look at a current production PRI Mod H upper, it'll appear very close if not identical.  It's once you zoom in and start looking for the fine details that you'll see the differences.  IE., PRI/USA marked pic accessory rails with beveled ends, possibly the barrel, upper receiver forge markings, short collar, etc..  But it's pretty darn close in my opinion and is a great choice.

If you want to get close to the later Mod H's (see page 1 for the differences), I think the PRI upper is a great start.  You can tweak the fine details from there, depending on how clone you wanna take it.

And if you're not into those tiny details, then it will serve you very well and will definitely look the part - because it is the part.  Just a different era of manufacturing with small differences and minor variations that have been made over the years.  

Edit: If you grab one, my recommendation is the Douglas barrel in FDE.  Have that on mine and it's wonderful.
Link Posted: 1/1/2022 1:47:09 AM EDT
[#18]

Link Posted: 1/1/2022 2:11:28 AM EDT
[#19]
Shot my H today but forgot to take pics. Let my buddy shoot it as well.
Link Posted: 1/1/2022 3:35:15 AM EDT
[#20]
I looked at my Holland today.
Link Posted: 1/1/2022 10:19:00 AM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By WTFShane:
I looked at my Holland today.
View Quote

Better than not
Link Posted: 1/2/2022 11:47:52 PM EDT
[#22]

I like your hide .  What sling you using?
View Quote
its a magpul ms3?? sling i ratfucked  (proper terminology) and  made to QD.
Link Posted: 1/9/2022 12:51:10 AM EDT
[Last Edit: ranger95] [#23]
Well it’s been an ongoing project for almost a year now, and I’ve made a decent amount of progress. Very close but also somehow very far from being done.

The lower is just a placeholder for the A1 GM lower from Intl Mil Co that should hopefully be ready next month. Rings are empty on account of me selling my ill mark 4 2.5-8 M1 so I could snag a TS30A2 (which should get delivered tomorrow)

I just caught up on this thread today and am now realizing I should’ve gone with the FDE barrel, but oh well, I guess I’ll just have to fix it once I shoot this current one out.

Still waiting on my backordered AEM5 to get delivered to capitol armory so I can start the form 4, but who knows how long that’ll take.

Apart from the lever stops on the rings and the slightly incorrect SOCOM stock, I’m feeling pretty good about this build

Let me know if there’s anything glaring that I’ve missed

Not sure why the pic isn’t showing up
Link Posted: 1/9/2022 1:16:13 AM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By ranger95:
Well it’s been an ongoing project for almost a year now, and I’ve made a decent amount of progress. Very close but also somehow very far from being done.

The lower is just a placeholder for the A1 GM lower from Intl Mil Co that should hopefully be ready next month. Rings are empty on account of me selling my ill mark 4 2.5-8 M1 so I could snag a TS30A2 (which should get delivered tomorrow)

I just caught up on this thread today and am now realizing I should’ve gone with the FDE barrel, but oh well, I guess I’ll just have to fix it once I shoot this current one out.

Still waiting on my backordered AEM5 to get delivered to capitol armory so I can start the form 4, but who knows how long that’ll take.

Apart from the lever stops on the rings and the slightly incorrect SOCOM stock, I’m feeling pretty good about this build

Let me know if there’s anything glaring that I’ve missed

https://imgur.com/a/d3Nx9Ns

Not sure why the pic isn’t showing up
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/9/2022 1:59:23 AM EDT
[#25]
View Quote

What barrel do you have?
Link Posted: 1/9/2022 2:13:50 AM EDT
[#26]

What barrel do you have?
View Quote

Douglas 1/7 from PRI
Link Posted: 1/9/2022 2:38:59 AM EDT
[#27]

Douglas 1/7 from PRI
View All Quotes

What barrel do you have?

Douglas 1/7 from PRI

Great choice!  Running same in FDE on my Holland and it's a damn tack driver.  Congrats!
Link Posted: 1/9/2022 3:07:39 AM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By teamjawbox:

Great choice!  Running same in FDE on my Holland and it's a damn tack driver.  Congrats!
View Quote

Thanks, I’m pumped to finally get to a point where I can at least shoot the dang thing. I’m slowly coming to terms that mine will probably never be 100% correct, and I’m trying to let myself be ok with that. I think the lever stop rings, Gen 1 SOCOM stock, and commercial TS30A2 will fill the 5th SFG SPR void in my heart well enough. Perfection is the enemy of good enough…or at least that’s what I’ll keep telling myself
Link Posted: 1/9/2022 12:32:57 PM EDT
[Last Edit: teamjawbox] [#29]

Thanks, I’m pumped to finally get to a point where I can at least shoot the dang thing. I’m slowly coming to terms that mine will probably never be 100% correct, and I’m trying to let myself be ok with that. I think the lever stop rings, Gen 1 SOCOM stock, and commercial TS30A2 will fill the 5th SFG SPR void in my heart well enough. Perfection is the enemy of good enough…or at least that’s what I’ll keep telling myself
View All Quotes

HaveBlue83 has done a huge number of lever stop removals and his work is impeccable.  Just an option for you if you wanna get those awful lever stops sent back to the hell in which they came from.  Aside from that, you never know what other clone parts may turn up over time. You've got most of the heavy lifting done and now it's just down to the tiny details and how far you wanna go.  In my experience if you wanna get those tiny details, the biggest part of the game (aside from cold hard cash) is just having patience to wait for a specific part to circle around to you.  Could take months, could take a year.  Regardless, I'm sure you'll have a whole lot of fun shooting that rifle.  It looks great already and you're already 99% of the way there.   I'll bet that barrel is gonna serve you very well.  Post some shot group info once you've gotten it out to the range and had some real fun with it

Edit:  Remembered you're doing a GM lower from Russian Paint.  If you've not seen any of them in person yet, be prepared to be blown away!  You're gonna love that and it's gonna look completely badass on an H.
Link Posted: 1/9/2022 4:45:59 PM EDT
[#30]

HaveBlue83 has done a huge number of lever stop removals and his work is impeccable.  Just an option for you if you wanna get those awful lever stops sent back to the hell in which they came from.  Aside from that, you never know what other clone parts may turn up over time. You've got most of the heavy lifting done and now it's just down to the tiny details and how far you wanna go.  In my experience if you wanna get those tiny details, the biggest part of the game (aside from cold hard cash) is just having patience to wait for a specific part to circle around to you.  Could take months, could take a year.  Regardless, I'm sure you'll have a whole lot of fun shooting that rifle.  It looks great already and you're already 99% of the way there.   I'll bet that barrel is gonna serve you very well.  Post some shot group info once you've gotten it out to the range and had some real fun with it

Edit:  Remembered you're doing a GM lower from Russian Paint.  If you've not seen any of them in person yet, be prepared to be blown away!  You're gonna love that and it's gonna look completely badass on an H.
View Quote
thx man! i been busy...i have 3 ring sets and 9 bipods here for an order....i told a few guys they gotta wait a bit, gotta space out the work so i dont get burnt out. every set is done manually and hand filed to blend. ive done prolly....60-70 sets, and prolly 15 bipod adapters now
just pm or try email, and eventually ill get ya done.

Link Posted: 1/9/2022 9:52:05 PM EDT
[#31]
thx man! i been busy...i have 3 ring sets and 9 bipods here for an order....i told a few guys they gotta wait a bit, gotta space out the work so i dont get burnt out. every set is done manually and hand filed to blend. ive done prolly....60-70 sets, and prolly 15 bipod adapters now

View Quote

I’ll shoot you an email when I’m ready to send them over. Do you refinish them so there’s not bare steel showing?

Link Posted: 1/9/2022 10:21:35 PM EDT
[#32]

I’ll shoot you an email when I’m ready to send them over. Do you refinish them so there’s not bare steel showing?

View All Quotes

Midway sells that blue stuff that works good.  Or rattle can is even better

Here's a set he did for me.  Came out great!

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 1/10/2022 1:07:54 PM EDT
[#33]

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/343681/20210320_125624-COLLAGE_jpg-2235041.JPG

View All Quotes

I'll shoot you an email when I'm ready to send them over. Do you refinish them so there's not bare steel showing?

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/343681/20210320_125624-COLLAGE_jpg-2235041.JPG

all the machining is on aluminum. i aluminum black them so they arent bare.

yep thats my work. i machine and blend the machined area to the annodized area
Link Posted: 1/11/2022 5:25:51 PM EDT
[#34]
TS30A2 came in today. Not the most correct optic, but I think I’m going to stick with it for good.

Still not sure why my images won’t post directly when I use the picture insert function with a URL, so I need a certain amount of posts in the section or something?

New glass
Link Posted: 1/11/2022 5:35:56 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Shlouf] [#35]
TS30A2 came in today. Not the most correct optic, but I think I’m going to stick with it for good.

Still not sure why my images won’t post directly when I use the picture insert function with a URL, so I need a certain amount of posts in the section or something?

New glass
View Quote

copy the image address and put it in img bbcode

Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 1/11/2022 5:45:26 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ranger95] [#36]

Hmm still doesn’t work for me
Link Posted: 1/11/2022 6:13:39 PM EDT
[#37]
Did you copy the direct image address and keep the .jpeg? If you post it exactly like I have it in the spoiler pic, it should work

Pic thread:

Link Posted: 1/11/2022 6:58:18 PM EDT
[#38]
use postimates.org

select whatever pics u want on a long press on your phone, then upload, and use full html links
Link Posted: 1/11/2022 8:00:38 PM EDT
[#39]
Cool, I’ll try that next time, I usually use imgur
Link Posted: 1/16/2022 3:48:26 PM EDT
[#40]
20 degree range day.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/26/2022 1:35:50 AM EDT
[#41]
Not sure if this was shared but just saw this vid today. Skip to 1:11
Whats in Rotation, THE MK12 MOD H !!!!!
Link Posted: 1/26/2022 6:58:07 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By prskiller:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zg6Q6lc61TA
View Quote

That's a hell of a build and stack of dough!  Not a huge fan of the URX Mod H, but thats a very cool build. Has all the nice toys on it.  I had always read Noveske wouldn't make the barrels.  Interesting he was able to get one indeed.
Link Posted: 1/27/2022 6:14:51 PM EDT
[#43]

That's a hell of a build and stack of dough!  Not a huge fan of the URX Mod H, but thats a very cool build. Has all the nice toys on it.  I had always read Noveske wouldn't make the barrels.  Interesting he was able to get one indeed.
View All Quotes

Whether it's a 100% spec barrel or a Recon tweaked to work with a collar would be the difference.
Link Posted: 1/27/2022 6:34:03 PM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By lancecriminal86:

Whether it's a 100% spec barrel or a Recon tweaked to work with a collar would be the difference.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By lancecriminal86:

Ahh that makes sense.  Thanks for the info!
Link Posted: 1/31/2022 11:58:06 PM EDT
[#45]
I know I must be in the minority, but I absolutely love the URX4 Mod H. Kept it, sold the PRI.
Link Posted: 2/1/2022 1:44:54 AM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By rbutcher:
I know I must be in the minority, but I absolutely love the URX4 Mod H. Kept it, sold the PRI.
View Quote

Different strokes.  To my eye it looks like another MLok rail.  Think I just prefer the classic/unique MK12 profile and silhouette, which always leads me to the PRI.  At least there's options!
Link Posted: 2/1/2022 10:09:22 PM EDT
[Last Edit: james1979] [#47]
My first shot at a mk12 build, not an A1 lower(need the find one), not clone correct leupold mk4 but is ffp, and Larue mount needs updated to correct model. But all in all I think it came out nice. Just needs some paint and deciding if I try and sell/trade the glass for more clone correct. Any constructive criticism is appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Link Posted: 2/1/2022 10:36:06 PM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By james1979:
My first shot at a mk12 build, not an A1 lower(need the find one), not clone correct leupold mk4 but is ffp, and Larue mount needs updated to correct model. But all in all I think it came out nice. Just needs some paint and deciding if I try and sell/trade the glass for more clone correct. Any constructive criticism is appreciated. Thanks in advance.

https://i.imgur.com/jSioC2S.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/yX9NDg2.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/eDgXROM.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/6iVpvwB.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/b2qjKWL.jpg

View Quote

Pretty sure that mk4 is good to go. I'd just put it in nf a107's.
Link Posted: 2/1/2022 10:38:59 PM EDT
[Last Edit: teamjawbox] [#49]
Originally Posted By james1979:

https://i.imgur.com/jSioC2S.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/yX9NDg2.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/eDgXROM.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/6iVpvwB.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/b2qjKWL.jpg

View Quote

Purely out of curiosity, what kind of camera did you use to take the pics?  I'm getting a strange "walleye" vision type thing.  Wasn't sure if it was just me.  But looks like a good build so far.  Slap an A1 lower on it and some NF rings and you're good to go.
Link Posted: 2/1/2022 10:42:29 PM EDT
[#50]
It was an iPhone camera. And am looking for a 80% a1 lower and I will pick up some nf rings. Thanks
Page / 115
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top