User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Page / 115
Link Posted: 5/14/2021 7:59:55 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By NapeSticksToKids:
Rings came in. Super digging it. Balances well and the docter completes it. Can’t wait to test fire. Need the can but she’s about done. Haven’t decided on paint or not, love the mismatch.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/81328/AC9924B7-521D-4180-81E7-A94E498E5D1A_jpe-1941356.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/81328/C33BB738-D009-4B88-9609-4695480DC796_jpe-1941357.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/81328/F4D9D1A0-D506-41EF-BC2F-ED1DEC890F75_jpe-1941359.JPG
View Quote

Love it.
Link Posted: 5/16/2021 6:18:00 PM EDT
[#2]
Does the ACE save any weight comparable to the SOPMOD?
Link Posted: 5/16/2021 9:23:44 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By 5RWill:
Does the ACE save any weight comparable to the SOPMOD?
View Quote

ACE is about 7-8 ounces heavier.
Link Posted: 5/16/2021 9:37:32 PM EDT
[#4]
Oh well that settles that then, less it balances better?
Link Posted: 5/16/2021 9:42:47 PM EDT
[#5]
Oh well that settles that then, less it balances better?
View Quote

Don't really notice a difference in balance going back and forth. Now with an N1 stock on the other hand...
Link Posted: 5/17/2021 6:12:50 PM EDT
[#6]
Thought you guys would dig this patch.
Link Posted: 5/20/2021 8:42:52 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By Hunterex:

Don't really notice a difference in balance going back and forth. Now with an N1 stock on the other hand...
View Quote

I keep going back and forth on the ACE and Sopmod. Honestly figure the ACE might add a little more balance with the extra weight and might be easier to rest a bag under. Though SOPMOD will have a better cheek weld.
Link Posted: 5/20/2021 10:45:29 PM EDT
[#8]

I keep going back and forth on the ACE and Sopmod. Honestly figure the ACE might add a little more balance with the extra weight and might be easier to rest a bag under. Though SOPMOD will have a better cheek weld.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

I normally love the cheek weld of a SOPMOD and run it on most of my non-clones, but was pleasantly surprised with the Ace.  The foam is comfy and it's solid as hell.  I'll def be swapping out my current Ace though.... once I get my hands on a gen 3
Link Posted: 5/21/2021 8:13:53 AM EDT
[#9]

View Quote

It's almost impossible to get good bag placement under a sopmod. The cheek weld is over rated.
Link Posted: 5/21/2021 5:16:16 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By teamjawbox:

I normally love the cheek weld of a SOPMOD and run it on most of my non-clones, but was pleasantly surprised with the Ace.  The foam is comfy and it's solid as hell.  I'll def be swapping out my current Ace though.... once I get my hands on a gen 3
View Quote

What's the different between the generation ACEs? Google doesn't really turn up much about that stock except that it's very overpriced comparably speaking.
Link Posted: 5/21/2021 5:26:52 PM EDT
[#11]

What's the different between the generation ACEs? Google doesn't really turn up much about that stock except that it's very overpriced comparably speaking.
View Quote

Hoo boy.

Okay, so Gen's 1 through 3 are all very similar. They use a tube that's more like a rifle extension in the front part and has a gusset that clamps around it that keeps your detent spring in check and acts as anti-rotation.  There's a couple different locking bolt shapes.

Gen 4, which is the current production stock, was a radical redesign. It now uses a standard carbine stock arrangement with an end plate and castle nut. It introduced a new locking bolt shape (though similar to an earlier generation) and it also added a waffle pattern under the rubber buttplate.
Link Posted: 5/21/2021 5:28:20 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By UndrGrndPrdcts:

It's almost impossible to get good bag placement under a sopmod. The cheek weld is over rated.
View Quote

What kind of bag are you using? I use a Red Tac Gear rear bag and support the very end of the buttstock.
Link Posted: 5/21/2021 8:35:29 PM EDT
[#13]
I like the ACE stock on the H. I have sopmods on almost every other clone. It's heavy but does help with the balance of the rifle.

This is a Gen 3. Works fine with a bag under it.

Link Posted: 5/28/2021 9:34:53 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By Ditch-Tiger:
Thought you guys would dig this patch.
https://i.imgur.com/Sv5LtvB.jpg
View Quote

i want that damn patch
Link Posted: 5/29/2021 3:02:21 PM EDT
[#15]
At weight.
Yea my Mod H is THE heaviest riiifle
In the safe at its size.
I just consider it well balanced..

I have a 3rd gen(?) with round button and no collar.
Uses standard end plate and castle nut. Never an issue...

Link Posted: 5/29/2021 4:08:50 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By HaveBlue83:

i want that damn patch
View Quote

Double Star has them on their website. (They own/make the Ace stocks)
Link Posted: 5/29/2021 5:05:24 PM EDT
[#17]
Hey @HaveBlue83 would you be willing to do decimation of lever stops on a set of 22H's?  I'll procure one of those SOCOM patches for you to sweeten the pot!
Link Posted: 5/29/2021 5:23:15 PM EDT
[#18]
Hey @HaveBlue83 would you be willing to do decimation of lever stops on a set of 22H's?  I'll procure one of those SOCOM patches for you to sweeten the pot!
View Quote

DM or email would probably get you a faster response.
Link Posted: 5/29/2021 10:30:45 PM EDT
[Last Edit: HaveBlue83] [#19]
Originally Posted By WTFShane:

DM or email would probably get you a faster response.
View Quote

yo WTF shane?!  LOL

yeah i just did 3 sets. my pm is usually almost full....buttttt i did just clean it out. send it. im busy so no rush job! LOL. send that patch. i want that MF lol

Link Posted: 5/30/2021 12:26:11 PM EDT
[#20]
Couple of places have mod H uppers on back orders.

Link Posted: 5/30/2021 7:03:40 PM EDT
[#21]
Ended up ordering one from ThoroughbredArmCo. Though the price increased they have a coupon right now that brings it to retail but with free shipping. Figured with Chipman about to be confirmed might as well go ahead and secure since the AEM5 is on the way.
Link Posted: 5/31/2021 1:49:53 PM EDT
[#22]
Ended up ordering one from ThoroughbredArmCo. Though the price increased they have a coupon right now that brings it to retail but with free shipping. Figured with Chipman about to be confirmed might as well go ahead and secure since the AEM5 is on the way.
View Quote

Why not buy straight from the source for almost $200 cheaper?

Or is this an ad?
Link Posted: 5/31/2021 3:50:53 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 5RWill] [#23]
Originally Posted By ArmyPilot12:

Why not buy straight from the source for almost $200 cheaper?

Or is this an ad?
View Quote

They had a promo that brought it down to the same price and there was no tax and free shipping. I asked about the price cause I didn't understand why the mod H was $1725. It was $1455 the night before as they had the most competitive price on the Mod H upper. They said they checked PRI's MAP that morning so I guess it went up? But mainly no tax/free shipping. I probably should've just gone through PRI. I also didn't know if PRI would fulfill a single order before finishing batches for retailers, figured I might get it quicker going through a retailer.
Link Posted: 6/5/2021 7:12:12 PM EDT
[#24]
Which upper would be the most correct for the H?

Keyhole or Colt Keyhole?  I've got both sitting here neither with a barrel attached and debating which way to go

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/5/2021 7:13:09 PM EDT
[#25]

Keyhole or Colt Keyhole?  I've got both sitting here neither with a barrel attached and debating which way to go

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/343681/20210605_181011_jpg-1968372.JPG
View Quote

Keyhole.
Link Posted: 6/5/2021 7:17:31 PM EDT
[Last Edit: teamjawbox] [#26]

Keyhole.
View All Quotes

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/343681/20210605_181011_jpg-1968372.JPG

Keyhole.

Much appreciated.  Looks like I have some work I get to do.  

Edit update:  Swapped out the upper with the Keyhole upper.  Still have a ways to go.  Gotta find the unicorn stock and get a proper lower for starters.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/6/2021 6:37:42 PM EDT
[#27]
Haven’t shot her in a long time.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/6/2021 8:39:07 PM EDT
[#28]
View Quote

looks awesome man. i havent shot mine in a longgg time either. been AR saturated. i need to do another ace and get a forearm and put an h together, just to have kickin around.  ill see.
Link Posted: 6/9/2021 11:11:08 PM EDT
[#29]

Keyhole or Colt Keyhole? [/url]
View Quote

actually the colt would be more accurate for 2 variants, the plain keyhole is only really correct for the PRI built FDE coated. If you have a black PRI rail, the colt upper would be more correct also.

Also good luck finding the unicorn stock, took me a year!

Was wondering tho, what Buffer was ran in a mod H?
Link Posted: 6/9/2021 11:53:24 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By oneofus:
View Quote

Good thing there's other options available.
Link Posted: 6/10/2021 12:31:44 PM EDT
[#31]

actually the colt would be more accurate for 2 variants, the plain keyhole is only really correct for the PRI built FDE coated. If you have a black PRI rail, the colt upper would be more correct also.

View Quote

im gonna be doing a....mod....to make a gen 4 ace socom work and look right....cause im bored. ;)

also, i took the mk12 mod urx 3.1 out, shot one round, cenrer on a 3/4" circle, and put it back in the bag LOL. its been 2 months at least.
Link Posted: 6/10/2021 4:18:41 PM EDT
[#32]
mk12 mod urx 3.1
View Quote

Oooo, that sounds intriguing. Pics? Or have you posted it in here somewhere already?
Link Posted: 6/10/2021 10:12:44 PM EDT
[#33]

im gonna be doing a....mod....to make a gen 4 ace socom work and look right....cause im bored. ;)

also, i took the mk12 mod urx 3.1 out, shot one round, cenrer on a 3/4" circle, and put it back in the bag LOL. its been 2 months at least.
View All Quotes

I asked about doing a run of Gen 3 gussets and was told that they'll look into doing a run of them.

https://www.ar15.com/forums/Industry/Product-recommendation/40-298819/?page=1&anc=3924243#i3924243
Link Posted: 6/10/2021 10:43:03 PM EDT
[#34]

I asked about doing a run of Gen 3 gussets and was told that they'll look into doing a run of them.

https://www.ar15.com/forums/Industry/Product-recommendation/40-298819/?page=1&anc=3924243#i3924243
View All Quotes

Very cool indeed.  And am also anxious to see what HaveBlue83 comes up with on his modification.  Like seeing that kind of work.
Link Posted: 6/10/2021 11:30:02 PM EDT
[Last Edit: HaveBlue83] [#35]

Very cool indeed.  And am also anxious to see what HaveBlue83 comes up with on his modification.  Like seeing that kind of work.
View Quote
they dont have any gussets left cause i bought the last 3 for CHEAP last year :P

i have some ends for measurements as well....and my bro just got his own TIG, so those pesky rear undercuts can be filled ;)

Link Posted: 6/12/2021 6:22:04 PM EDT
[#36]
Started barrel break in last week. About 60 rounds thru her holding around 1 MOA, then my last group is this one. Pretty satisfied. Douglas PRI barrel with BH 262.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/19/2021 2:44:39 PM EDT
[#37]
If anyone is still looking for a black PRI Recce rail PM me.  Wound up with an extra one.  Would rather see it on a build than hidden in a spare parts bin.
Link Posted: 6/23/2021 11:23:09 AM EDT
[#38]
I know this is a long shot, but does anyone have an older gen socom they wanna get rid of? Can’t bring myself to use a new one.
Link Posted: 6/23/2021 12:27:10 PM EDT
[#39]
they are all dried up. i still have to get a gen 4 and mod it for the gussett.....
Link Posted: 6/23/2021 12:47:38 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Dobs013] [#40]
That’s what I figured, may have to do the CTR clone.
Link Posted: 7/9/2021 10:06:00 PM EDT
[Last Edit: teamjawbox] [#41]
Socom installed.  Much thanks to Hunterex for all the help with my MK12 projects.

I know this might sound strange, but I could've sworn I heard trumpets in the distance when I opened the box.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 7/10/2021 1:56:18 PM EDT
[#42]
Anyone have a lead on an AEM5? Want to go ahead and snag one if I can while Ron is retiring.
Link Posted: 7/10/2021 7:18:41 PM EDT
[#43]
Socom installed.  Much thanks to Hunterex for all the help with my MK12 projects.

I know this might sound strange, but I could've sworn I heard trumpets in the distance when I opened the box.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/343681/20210709_210318_jpg-2008238.JPG

View Quote

Good lookin stick!
Link Posted: 7/10/2021 7:51:16 PM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By sommere54:

Good lookin stick!
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By sommere54:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/343681/20210709_210318_jpg-2008238.JPG

Good lookin stick!

Thank you.  I hope to have an AEM5 for it some day.  Backorder has been my story for a while, lol.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/12/2021 4:54:52 PM EDT
[#45]
What are everyone’s thoughts on the PRI tube vs the URX4? I’m really conflicted on which one to do, because there’s a lot to like about both.

Are there zero shift issues with the recce rail? I remember reading something about that, but I could be misremembering.
Link Posted: 7/12/2021 5:17:45 PM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By rbutcher:
What are everyone’s thoughts on the PRI tube vs the URX4? I’m really conflicted on which one to do, because there’s a lot to like about both.

Are there zero shift issues with the recce rail? I remember reading something about that, but I could be misremembering.
View Quote

RECCE rail feels really solid.

URX4 can be a little bit more challenging to put together with shimming and timing the rail and gas block installation.

Also if trying to emulate a certain gun, I think the URX4 build looks best with the ATACR.
Link Posted: 7/12/2021 5:30:22 PM EDT
[Last Edit: rbutcher] [#47]
I already have an ATACR 1-8, so that would be an easy move over.

Performance wise, I’m sure both are stable with a bipod and both are rigid for lasers.

Edit: gonna do a URX4 with the ATACR, but skip the Burris mount for something “more exciting”
Link Posted: 7/13/2021 6:55:44 AM EDT
[#48]
Anyone have a lead on an AEM5? Want to go ahead and snag one if I can while Ron is retiring.
View Quote

I've been scouring the internet for over a month on this, and no one has them.  I'd even be good with an AEM2, 3, or 4 (especially with the shorter Mod-H).  

Good luck, and if you find two, let me know and I'll order the other!

Link Posted: 7/14/2021 6:09:05 PM EDT
[Last Edit: rbutcher] [#49]
Has anyone installed a Gen 4 (I know, I know) ACE SOCOM? the buffer tube is too large for my magpul wrench to slide over and turn the castle nut, and my other three pin wrench wouldn’t fit either.

@teamjawbox

What wrench did you use?
Link Posted: 7/14/2021 6:22:34 PM EDT
[#50]
Has anyone installed a Gen 4 (I know, I know) ACE SOCOM? the buffer tube is too large for my magpul wrench to slide over and turn the castle nut, and my other three pin wrench wouldn’t fit either.

@teamjawbox

What wrench did you use?
View Quote

I originally tried a Magpul wrench but had the same prob as you.  Wound up finding an old wrench (wheeler if I remember right) in my tool bin and it worked just fine.

Attachment Attached File
Page / 115
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top