Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Page / 1178
Link Posted: 11/23/2018 9:18:42 PM EDT
[#1]
I know Ill miss it, I do everytime I sell a gun. the thing is Im tired of lugging 17 guns to the range even though its the easiest to shoot gun I own.
Link Posted: 11/25/2018 1:08:49 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By BPT1775:
I know Ill miss it, I do everytime I sell a gun. the thing is Im tired of lugging 17 guns to the range even though its the easiest to shoot gun I own.
View Quote
You take 17 guns to the range?  Why don't you go more often and then shoot what you want?  Take a couple-shoot them and have fun, then when you go back take something else and shoot it.
Link Posted: 11/25/2018 8:05:27 PM EDT
[#3]
Its probably been asked somewhere in here but I dont want to go through 944 pages ..

What ammo is everyone using and how far are you shooting?  I have a SPR inspired rifle I am shooting out to 600 yards using magtech 77gr. The target at that range is 12in and I am hitting maybe 25% of my shots some days I do better but today was pretty bad
Link Posted: 11/25/2018 9:02:53 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By Evile:
Its probably been asked somewhere in here but I dont want to go through 944 pages ..

What ammo is everyone using and how far are you shooting?  I have a SPR inspired rifle I am shooting out to 600 yards using magtech 77gr. The target at that range is 12in and I am hitting maybe 25% of my shots some days I do better but today was pretty bad
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

My experience.  The razor core 77gr has been legit for me but haven't seen it on sale lately.

Originally Posted By kells81:

So far the 77gr Razor Core has shot the best for me in the rifles I tried it in the other day.  I also tried Hornady Steel match, Magtech 77OTM, and some Angelfire Reman stuff.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/43495/IMG_7640-676275.jpg

So far the Razor Core has shot 1/2-1" in these rifles.  Its been extremely accurate and repeatable in the Larue Rifles I have.

Larue UU 18" Stealth
Larue UU 16" Stealth
PRI MK12 Mod 0 (factory gun)
Mutt rifle of dubious parts (all of them came out of my parts bin)   1" is the best I have gotten here  20" barrel

Most accurate out of them all is the Razorcore and the least was the Hornady steel match.   I picked up all the Razor Core stuff I have for $129/240 in the ammo can.  I went to buy more and its $199/can.  
Link Posted: 11/25/2018 11:10:18 PM EDT
[#5]
I'll pick up a few boxes of imi to try out.  And. I just figured out why I was shooting so bad today... I had a different rifle with different ammo loaded up on my ballistic calculator
Link Posted: 11/26/2018 12:12:45 PM EDT
[#6]

View Quote
A 2 MOA target at 600? Sounds like shooter, maaaaybe your rifle really doesn't like the ammo.

The IMI did have a pretty wide velocity spread but I only really saw it manifest at like 750 yards. I had been getting just north of 1" groups at 100 with IMI and CBC Magtech 77gr.
Link Posted: 11/27/2018 1:52:26 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By lancecriminal86:

A 2 MOA target at 600? Sounds like shooter, maaaaybe your rifle really doesn't like the ammo.

The IMI did have a pretty wide velocity spread but I only really saw it manifest at like 750 yards. I had been getting just north of 1" groups at 100 with IMI and CBC Magtech 77gr.
View Quote
At 100 I keep the magtech at 1-1.5in    The problem I had this past time was I had a different rifle selected on strelok  with m193 instead of my spr with the magtech and I didnt realize it until i got home.  It told me 14moa up instead of 16moa

the time before last I was ringing the steel no problem even with a 2moa hold with the wind.
Link Posted: 11/27/2018 3:13:18 PM EDT
[#8]
At 100 I keep the magtech at 1-1.5in    The problem I had this past time was I had a different rifle selected on strelok  with m193 instead of my spr with the magtech and I didnt realize it until i got home.  It told me 14moa up instead of 16moa

the time before last I was ringing the steel no problem even with a 2moa hold with the wind.
View All Quotes

Ah, that might do it. Then again, I'd ask did you not notice and make an elevation change? Part of the process is input data in calc, shoot, true up data.

Example, I took my new-to-me Mod H upper with a new-to-me Mk4 out last month. Trying to use my old data from when I had a Mod H upper with just the LaRue SPR mount was like 3-4 MOA off on my elevation. I was hitting way low with the same ammo, same barrel length, but different upper/barrel/optic mount setup. I ended up having to adjust 3-4 extra elevation clicks at all distances. Going to go back and look at my setup, but that's the general idea.

Practice and repetition is what makes this all natural, and I know I don't shoot nearly enough. Sometimes we overlook something basic in the heat of the moment and it doesn't dawn on us until later.
Link Posted: 11/27/2018 9:43:47 PM EDT
[#9]

Ah, that might do it. Then again, I'd ask did you not notice and make an elevation change? Part of the process is input data in calc, shoot, true up data.

Example, I took my new-to-me Mod H upper with a new-to-me Mk4 out last month. Trying to use my old data from when I had a Mod H upper with just the LaRue SPR mount was like 3-4 MOA off on my elevation. I was hitting way low with the same ammo, same barrel length, but different upper/barrel/optic mount setup. I ended up having to adjust 3-4 extra elevation clicks at all distances. Going to go back and look at my setup, but that's the general idea.

Practice and repetition is what makes this all natural, and I know I don't shoot nearly enough. Sometimes we overlook something basic in the heat of the moment and it doesn't dawn on us until later.
View Quote
Yeah I was making adjustments but I couldn't always see my misses and I didn't have a spotter I knew I was low but didn't realize how low. From my perspective it looked like I was just off the target so I'd make some small corrections but what I needed was a large correction.  I eventually found a decent hold over and got a few consecutive hits but at the time I'm thinking no way I'm that low in elevation on my scope  but I was lol.
Link Posted: 11/29/2018 7:03:10 AM EDT
[#10]
Personally i use the GGG 55grain M193-like ammo for plinking and training, for long range and competition use i handload with the 77 grain SMKs.
Link Posted: 11/30/2018 12:13:10 PM EDT
[#11]
Cheers boys. Hope this holiday season is treating everyone well.

Link Posted: 11/30/2018 6:02:15 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By Zakk101abn:
Cheers boys. Hope this holiday season is treating everyone well.

https://c1.staticflickr.com/5/4871/44301373770_371eb6f28b_o_d.jpg
View Quote
I still wish there had been some Mod 0 cases in some of those DRMO'd case batches.
Link Posted: 11/30/2018 10:10:56 PM EDT
[#13]
Very excited to join the Mk12 club. Ships on Monday from PRI. I should have all the ancillary pieces to complete the package except for the AEM5. That one might take a while to get here.
Link Posted: 11/30/2018 10:50:11 PM EDT
[#14]

I still wish there had been some Mod 0 cases in some of those DRMO'd case batches.
View Quote
Woulda been nice... I'm still pretty grateful I was able to snag one up. I still need to get something for the holland.
Link Posted: 12/1/2018 12:37:16 PM EDT
[#15]
Woulda been nice... I'm still pretty grateful I was able to snag one up. I still need to get something for the holland.
View Quote
Hollands used the Mod 0 foam, then again I don't think Nikiel09's team even has an original Mod 0 case at all. Pretty sure his just gets chucked in with the M4A1 an their other gear. You could just pull an ECPrevatte and get a bigass Pelican for all the toys.
Link Posted: 12/1/2018 1:15:40 PM EDT
[#16]

Hollands used the Mod 0 foam, then again I don't think Nikiel09's team even has an original Mod 0 case at all. Pretty sure his just gets chucked in with the M4A1 an their other gear. You could just pull an ECPrevatte and get a bigass Pelican for all the toys.
View Quote
This is the plan. We're they just 1700's?
Link Posted: 12/1/2018 9:31:24 PM EDT
[#17]

This is the plan. We're they just 1700's?
View Quote
We had a 40-foot conex on Camp Wells (at LNK 12-13) that was literally chock full of empty pelican/storm cases of all shapes and sizes.  Pelican 1650s and Storm im2750s were the majority of them.  Did find a Pelican 1750 and a Storm im3300 in there too, so all my gear got mailed home in pelican cases
Link Posted: 12/2/2018 1:33:29 AM EDT
[Last Edit: usnguns] [#18]
Originally Posted By ArmedFerret:

We had a 40-foot conex on Camp Wells (at LNK 12-13) that was literally chock full of empty pelican/storm cases of all shapes and sizes.  Pelican 1650s and Storm im2750s were the majority of them.  Did find a Pelican 1750 and a Storm im3300 in there too, so all my gear got mailed home in pelican cases
View Quote
Nice.  I gave a GM1 at Camp Wells a shit ton of 5.56 and 7.62 in the summer of 2012.

Link Posted: 12/4/2018 12:50:32 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 12/4/2018 1:24:07 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By usnguns:

Nice.  I gave a GM1 at Camp Wells a shit ton of 5.56 and 7.62 in the summer of 2012.

http://i.imgur.com/Xag6R4P.jpg
View Quote
Was any of it belted?  Cause if so, I can almost guarantee what happened to it.  

IMG_0615 by Armed Ferret, on Flickr

LNK did have a really nice range, I'll give 'em that.

DSC_9254 by Armed Ferret, on Flickr
Link Posted: 12/4/2018 1:59:34 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By tonyxcom:
Drove 5 hours to the desert to test a bunch of new equipment.  500y was a piece of cake with 77gr off the tripod, although prone with a few bags is a bit more stable.  Much to learn.

https://i.imgur.com/wSUCH7J.jpg
View Quote
where did you get the Tripod covers/hammock ?
thanks
Link Posted: 12/4/2018 3:39:45 PM EDT
[#22]
Testing of prototype NSWC Crane Sloping Cheekweld Buttstock, ca. 2001 colorised

Link Posted: 12/4/2018 10:28:25 PM EDT
[#23]
Testing of prototype NSWC Crane Sloping Cheekweld Buttstock, ca. 2001 colorised

https://media.giphy.com/media/5zqhrOSTIxK33EbvgR/giphy.gif
View Quote
Link Posted: 12/5/2018 11:38:59 AM EDT
[#24]
Love this thread.    Just purchased a MK12 Mod0 Upper and AEM5......my wallet is officially on strike for a while......
Link Posted: 12/5/2018 10:21:33 PM EDT
[#25]
I’ll try to lay out a mod 0 foam. I have 3 surplus mod 1 cases. I bought some 1700 foam blanks. Was there any differences other than the lower being turned the other direction? Any other items in a different spot from the mod 1 case?
Link Posted: 12/6/2018 12:14:12 AM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By JohnnyUtah427:
Love this thread.    Just purchased a MK12 Mod0 Upper and AEM5......my wallet is officially on strike for a while......
View Quote
Well done.
Link Posted: 12/6/2018 12:26:52 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 44Echo10] [#27]
Originally Posted By Samson-Dogg:
I’ll try to lay out a mod 0 foam. I have 3 surplus mod 1 cases. I bought some 1700 foam blanks. Was there any differences other than the lower being turned the other direction? Any other items in a different spot from the mod 1 case?
View Quote
http://www.snipercentral.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/spr3.jpg

There may be two three extra rectangular cutouts between the upper and lower, unless these in the link ^ were user added.

Found another pic...

http://www.sadefensejournal.com/wp/?p=3386
Link Posted: 12/6/2018 1:02:29 AM EDT
[#28]
Some of the other cutouts were for the different bipod adapter used when it was the ARMS #42 for the Versa-Pod bipod.  There was also a cutout for a sunshade on the scope.  Other than that the case cutouts were the same. They dropped the sunshade and changed the bipod.
Link Posted: 12/6/2018 11:58:02 PM EDT
[#29]
View Quote
@Samson-Dogg

Link Posted: 12/7/2018 4:19:07 PM EDT
[#30]
Day/night BE Meyers Dark Invader kit for the Vari X lll 3.5-10x40mm

This needs to go on an MK12?

Link Posted: 12/7/2018 7:32:10 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By GripnAK47s:

http://i.imgur.com/eAxvMLzl.jpg
View Quote
Yours?
Link Posted: 12/7/2018 7:59:35 PM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By GripnAK47s:

http://i.imgur.com/eAxvMLzl.jpg
View Quote
Yes it does and I just happen to have the Vari X III 3.5-10x40mm!
Link Posted: 12/8/2018 1:59:55 AM EDT
[#33]
Beautiful rigs!  Can you please give the build details of the MOD 0ish on the bottom?  Namely barrel length that allows a nearly flush fit for the can.  Also, who makes the barrel and who makes the can.

Regards
Link Posted: 12/8/2018 2:58:28 AM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By AEROMechanic:
Beautiful rigs!  Can you please give the build details of the MOD 0ish on the bottom?  Namely barrel length that allows a nearly flush fit for the can.  Also, who makes the barrel and who makes the can.

Regards
View All Quotes

Regards
.... That's a Mod H, have you even looked at the first pages of the thread with all the info?
Link Posted: 12/8/2018 12:32:32 PM EDT
[Last Edit: HaveBlue83] [#35]
"correct"

I'll play since we doin deployment kit spreads :)

Link Posted: 12/8/2018 6:13:50 PM EDT
[#36]
Yaaaasss.

Link Posted: 12/8/2018 7:25:27 PM EDT
[Last Edit: HaveBlue83] [#37]

View Quote

they doooo.....chopped to hell to leave can n other stuff on
Link Posted: 12/8/2018 10:45:29 PM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By HaveBlue83:
https://i.postimg.cc/DzDL9z6J/DQtjm-J0-VAAALo-Xv.jpg

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By HaveBlue83:

https://i.postimg.cc/DzDL9z6J/DQtjm-J0-VAAALo-Xv.jpg

That wasn't Nikiel09's team though. I knew some folks were re-using Mod 0 cases but again, many have apparently wandered off or have been repurposed over the years.
Link Posted: 12/9/2018 1:58:11 AM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By Rothperson87:
So close but yet so far.  PRI tube will be next week and my AEM5 was approved on Tuesday. I eventually want to put a 3.5-10 on this so I can put the 2.5-8 back on my Mod 1.

http://i66.tinypic.com/2ziwjd2.jpg
View Quote
@Rothperson87
Or anyone who knows.

Who makes that cantalever picatiny section?
Link Posted: 12/9/2018 2:05:34 AM EDT
[#40]
@Rothperson87
Or anyone who knows.

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Rothperson87:
So close but yet so far.  PRI tube will be next week and my AEM5 was approved on Tuesday. I eventually want to put a 3.5-10 on this so I can put the 2.5-8 back on my Mod 1.

http://i66.tinypic.com/2ziwjd2.jpg
@Rothperson87
Or anyone who knows.

PRI
Link Posted: 12/9/2018 3:04:38 AM EDT
[#41]

.... That's a Mod H, have you even looked at the first pages of the thread with all the info?
View Quote
To be perfectly honest, it's been close to three years since I first visited this thread and just clicked the green button with white arrow and just kept on chuggin along.

I'll visit the OP, thanks
Link Posted: 12/9/2018 3:08:31 AM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By Engel12626:

PRI
View Quote
@Engel12626  Thanks!
Link Posted: 12/9/2018 7:10:09 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Samson-Dogg] [#43]
I’ve drawn the mod 0 foam out but the site won’t upload a picture. File too large. Just a blank piece of foam???? Wow. .

Meh. Have to download an app to resize images with iOS it says. Sorry. Not in the mood. Maybe I can get it on Instagram or Facebook.

I’ve got it all laid out except for the 3 separate slots in between the upper and lower but right of the Otis kit. I put it on instagram no problem.
Link Posted: 12/9/2018 11:09:26 PM EDT
[#44]
3rd Group Mod1 in the wild.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/9/2018 11:22:43 PM EDT
[Last Edit: UsubM] [#45]
I don't shoot my Mk12 nearly enough... I swapped my SOPMOD stock for an A1 this past week and brought it to the desert today and shot out to around 750m.
I was shooting Fiocchi Exacta 77gr ammo with just as good if not slightly better precision than Black Hills 77gr (I'm getting about 3/4" groups at 100m if I do my part)

Link Posted: 12/10/2018 1:02:42 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Samson-Dogg] [#46]
so this is what ive got. debating wether to add the three pockets between the upper and lower receivers. should i add them or no? i just see different things stuck in them.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/10/2018 6:47:53 PM EDT
[#47]
Would be great to have a spot for the Aimpoint in ARMS mount.
Link Posted: 12/10/2018 8:24:52 PM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By Minuteman1636:
View Quote
Is that what was in those spots? I can make out a sunshade or tenebrex in one. That would be cool. I have 3-4 of those. I also see like spiked bipod feet in one. I see something in an ARMS mount of some kind in one. Anyone know exactly what those 3 spots were for?
Link Posted: 12/10/2018 9:28:39 PM EDT
[#49]
Is that what was in those spots? I can make out a sunshade or tenebrex in one. That would be cool. I have 3-4 of those. I also see like spiked bipod feet in one. I see something in an ARMS mount of some kind in one. Anyone know exactly what those 3 spots were for?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Minuteman1636:
Keep in mind, the only person you have to please is yourself.

You've gone this far, If I were going through the trouble I would add the extra pockets just to be clone correct . Also looks like there is a slot either for the mildot book or Mk12 manual. Yeah, I would add that too.
Link Posted: 12/11/2018 7:20:24 PM EDT
[#50]
Any Leupold Mk6 3-18x44 on a mk12 in the wild yet?

Seen a few on 14.5s
Page / 1178
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top