Link Posted: 6/15/2018 12:47:52 AM EDT
[#1]
KAC is good stuff
Link Posted: 6/15/2018 12:49:19 AM EDT
[#2]
what butler creek cover did you use ?

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Conner378:
Listed this ts30a2 in the ee today. Just got it not to long ago but I don’t really need 3.
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/448813/2656BE15-142A-4697-951D-7A0FB172F1B7-571428.JPG
View Quote
Link Posted: 6/15/2018 2:53:16 AM EDT
[#3]
I've been collecting parts to put together a Mk 12 build. Do I go for the Mod 0 or Holland? I've always wanted a Mod 0, but the Holland seems to do everything, but in a lighter, more compact package...
Link Posted: 6/15/2018 3:04:40 AM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By akrox:
I've been collecting parts to put together a Mk 12 build. Do I go for the Mod 0 or Holland? I've always wanted a Mod 0, but the Holland seems to do everything, but in a lighter, more compact package...
View Quote
Both

But the H does seem to do all the good stuff while leaving behind the negatives of a 0 (and quite a bit cheaper to build as well).
Link Posted: 6/15/2018 3:21:46 AM EDT
[#5]
M1 knobs to M3...can it be done? Have a lead on a decently priced 3.5-10 but it has M1 knobs. If it can be done and isn't stupidly priced, I might just snag it.
Link Posted: 6/15/2018 9:28:37 AM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By SecretSquirell:
M1 knobs to M3...can it be done? Have a lead on a decently priced 3.5-10 but it has M1 knobs. If it can be done and isn't stupidly priced, I might just snag it.
View Quote
Get the serial number and call Leupold. I think that is the only way to find out.
Link Posted: 6/15/2018 12:50:01 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By sbye:
Get the serial number and call Leupold. I think that is the only way to find out.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
I had emailed them last night but asked in here just in case it took forever to get a response. They said they can do it.
Link Posted: 6/15/2018 1:39:59 PM EDT
[#8]

I had emailed them last night but asked in here just in case it took forever to get a response. They said they can do it.
View Quote
Awesome. I think whether they can do it or not depends on the year of manufacture, which you would verify by the serial. I could be wrong though...
Link Posted: 6/15/2018 2:06:20 PM EDT
[#9]
Awesome. I think whether they can do it or not depends on the year of manufacture, which you would verify by the serial. I could be wrong though...
View All Quotes

He didn't say if he needed the s/n, so who knows. They said $225 and 4-6 weeks. That bumps the price up to right around where I could grab one that already has the correct turrets (and wouldn't have to wait).
Link Posted: 6/15/2018 7:41:24 PM EDT
[#10]
View Quote
Is it a var-x iii or a mk4?
Link Posted: 6/15/2018 7:46:02 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By tamboi:
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By tamboi:
Mk4
Link Posted: 6/15/2018 11:06:07 PM EDT
[#12]
If you haven't bought the Gen Juan LMT yet, use "fathersday" and get 20% off. Comes out to $94 shipped (unless you live in IL and forget they're here too )
Link Posted: 6/16/2018 11:13:34 AM EDT
[#13]
If you haven't bought the Gen Juan LMT yet, use "fathersday" and get 20% off. Comes out to $94 shipped (unless you live in IL and forget they're here too )
View Quote
You cost me money today sir. On a side note I think it's gunna be a paint the Nightforce F1 kinda weekend.
Link Posted: 6/16/2018 11:23:00 AM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By eMc9001:

You cost me money today sir. On a side note I think it's gunna be a paint the Nightforce F1 kinda weekend.
View Quote
No time like the present.
Link Posted: 6/16/2018 11:28:34 AM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By RTUtah:

No time like the present.
View Quote
Except the ATF. They got my AEM5's back in time.
Link Posted: 6/16/2018 11:46:12 AM EDT
[#16]

Except the ATF. They got my AEM5's back in time.
View Quote
Worry about only that which you directly control. Just like rock climbing. #3FootWorld
Link Posted: 6/16/2018 11:49:15 AM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By RTUtah:

Worry about only that which you directly control. Just like rock climbing. #3FootWorld
View Quote
That's the only thing I regret not doing on my last Utah trip. Time just flew over there, Angel's landing was bitchin though.
Link Posted: 6/16/2018 3:38:26 PM EDT
[#18]
View All Quotes
Link Posted: 6/16/2018 5:15:48 PM EDT
[#19]
Still need to strip my collar . Finally painted atleast, might need a touch up or two and some more webbing.

Found this little neat section while looking through my Nightforce booklet.
Link Posted: 6/16/2018 6:17:32 PM EDT
[#20]

He didn't say if he needed the s/n, so who knows. They said $225 and 4-6 weeks. That bumps the price up to right around where I could grab one that already has the correct turrets (and wouldn't have to wait).
View Quote
I just sent a MK4 3-9×36mm in for the same thing. I filled out their online service form. Printed It. Stuffed both in a box. They called to get paid and I had it back in about 3 weeks total from the time I shipped it to them.

Now on the other side of the spectrum, I sent my MK6 in last week and got an email yesterday that said it would take 24 business days to fix it. That one had what looked like anodizing in the tube, seen at 1x and 2x.
Link Posted: 6/16/2018 10:12:20 PM EDT
[#21]
For a Holland, how important is having the illuminated rectile? Found a Mk4 3.5-10 without illum for $800. Can't remember the last time I've used illum on anything else I own, but if I'm going to drop the coin I want it to be correct.
Link Posted: 6/17/2018 9:36:08 AM EDT
[#22]
For a Holland, how important is having the illuminated rectile? Found a Mk4 3.5-10 without illum for $800. Can't remember the last time I've used illum on anything else I own, but if I'm going to drop the coin I want it to be correct.
View Quote
Run it in a LaRue and yo'd be correct, no Recce rail
Link Posted: 6/17/2018 10:33:13 AM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By lancecriminal86:
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By lancecriminal86:
Oh yeah.........I pulled the trigger on it last night. The enablers in the H thread peer pressured me into it.
Link Posted: 6/17/2018 1:48:46 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 6/17/2018 1:56:59 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By Norinco982lover:
Let me know if y’all find a lead on a MK12 Mod 0 optic.

Don’t need anything pristine under 8 would be great.
View Quote
Thought about this one but you'd need to convert to M3.
Link Posted: 6/17/2018 5:11:47 PM EDT
[#26]

View Quote
I Sold it this morning
Link Posted: 6/17/2018 5:18:44 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By Houlds:
I Sold it this morning
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Houlds:

I Sold it this morning
Yours is the one I contacted Leupold about converting. Was going to snag it if they could do it cheaply.
Link Posted: 6/17/2018 6:03:32 PM EDT
[#28]

Range session yesterday, verified my zero at 100m and went out to 300m. Forgot to take pictures of the groups, but they were quite reasonable.
ARs sure are something different to handle when you're used to bolt actions. With my M40A3 replica i'm much more comfortable at the moment, well i've had that one for some months now.
Still need to correctly position the collar, but i don't have the correct allen size. 1/16" is still way too big, anyone know the correct size?
Link Posted: 6/17/2018 6:13:02 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By Philipp:
https://i.imgur.com/KNjLFfr.png
https://i.imgur.com/PrD9Uoz.jpg

Range session yesterday, verified my zero at 100m and went out to 300m. Forgot to take pictures of the groups, but they were quite reasonable.
ARs sure are something different to handle when you're used to bolt actions. With my M40A3 replica i'm much more comfortable at the moment, well i've had that one for some months now.
Still need to correctly position the collar, but i don't have the correct allen size. 1/16" is still way too big, anyone know the correct size?
View Quote
Link Posted: 6/18/2018 2:11:32 PM EDT
[#30]
Candid shot from range day last weekend.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/20/2018 3:13:52 PM EDT
[#31]
Here's a picture of one of my recent leverstop removal jobs for a customer. Send me a PM if you are wanting the leverstops removed on your ARMS rings!

Link Posted: 6/20/2018 5:32:30 PM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By CoilCrafter:
Here's a picture of one of my recent leverstop removal jobs for a customer. Send me a PM if you are wanting the leverstops removed on your ARMS rings!

https://i.imgur.com/AWRXXJB.jpg
View Quote
Did you cut that TRR/TRC down?
Link Posted: 6/20/2018 7:38:45 PM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By CoilCrafter:

https://i.imgur.com/AWRXXJB.jpg
View Quote
Nice work.
Link Posted: 6/20/2018 9:04:01 PM EDT
[#34]
So...A1....and....

Link Posted: 6/21/2018 1:00:29 AM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By Firejareen:
So...A1....and....

https://i.imgur.com/7b7KFyc.jpg?1
View Quote
Link Posted: 6/21/2018 12:48:38 PM EDT
[#36]
Can someone recommend me a uni-mount? Rifle is a Mod 1 and glass is a Nightforce.
Link Posted: 6/21/2018 12:56:41 PM EDT
[#37]
I tried Badger Ordnance and Kac and the Badger 306-97 is it for me.  Very solid mount for the NF 3.5-15x50.
Link Posted: 6/21/2018 12:58:38 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 6/21/2018 9:27:55 PM EDT
[#39]
Vortex be gone!

Link Posted: 6/21/2018 9:35:07 PM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By Rothperson87:
Vortex be gone!

http://i63.tinypic.com/35c0wn8.jpg
View Quote
Wanna trade for the one right above your post?
Link Posted: 6/22/2018 11:59:05 AM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By iluvmy86:
Can someone recommend me a uni-mount? Rifle is a Mod 1 and glass is a Nightforce.
View Quote
I went with the Nightforce unimount for my 3.5-15x50 F1. It is the perfect amount of cantilever to work with an A1 stock and get proper eye relief. The Badger Unimount is another option, however the rings are farther apart and some guys were having issues with not being able to push it forward enough to work with an A1 stock. If you are using a Sopmod stock then any mount should work as it adjusts further back.

Link Posted: 6/22/2018 1:55:00 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By JSchell1309:

I went with the Nightforce unimount for my 3.5-15x50 F1. It is the perfect amount of cantilever to work with an A1 stock and get proper eye relief. The Badger Unimount is another option, however the rings are farther apart and some guys were having issues with not being able to push it forward enough to work with an A1 stock. If you are using a Sopmod stock then any mount should work as it adjusts further back.

https://i.imgur.com/5LOPL6M.jpg
View Quote
This. Although I have a SOPMOD I prefer the NF over the KAC, Badger, LT111 having tried all 4.
Link Posted: 6/22/2018 3:25:29 PM EDT
[#43]
This. Although I have a SOPMOD I prefer the NF over the KAC, Badger, LT111 having tried all 4.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By JSchell1309:

https://i.imgur.com/5LOPL6M.jpg
What about a Geissele mount?

Link Posted: 6/22/2018 3:48:45 PM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By A_Friendly_Manatee:

View Quote
I wish there was one in the wild lol.
Link Posted: 6/22/2018 6:34:03 PM EDT
[#45]

View Quote
@secretsquirell sent you an email.
Link Posted: 6/22/2018 6:40:24 PM EDT
[#46]
View All Quotes

Just send one out to Combat_Diver and have him mock it up on a bunch of SOF guns and post pics in order to allow the cloning community to go nuts about it.
Link Posted: 6/22/2018 7:06:41 PM EDT
[#47]

Just send one out to Combat_Diver and have him mock it up on a bunch of SOF guns and post pics in order to allow the cloning community to go nuts about it.
View Quote
I like your style.
Link Posted: 6/22/2018 8:03:39 PM EDT
[#48]
View All Quotes

Sorry....I saw your email then spaced it by the time I got home.
Link Posted: 6/23/2018 9:37:54 PM EDT
[#49]
Held off posting pictures of mine since I’m sure some one will bitch about the optic. But decided to anyway
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Upper and lower are colt. Rest of it is the usual stuff.  I like the atlas bipod better than the Harris so it’s on there for my usual shooting duties.  SSA trigger though.
Link Posted: 6/23/2018 10:31:24 PM EDT
[#50]
Forgot to post here.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Page / 1177
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top