User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Page / 1177
Link Posted: 1/24/2022 11:26:43 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ringer706] [#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Markius-Fox:
I haven't shared photos of my build as it currently is. Mainly because I was waiting for things to come in.

Ringer, love ya man. Great stuff with the...well, everything. Looking forward to the ballisticards (fingers crossed).

I actually did a quick tally of how much I've put into this rifle thusfar. It comes to $4,052.45, minus taxes and shipping costs. So, figure in the cost of a scope (looking for a 57055), the scope rings, scope ring cap, scope ring cap rail, A1 lower, sling, magazines (yes, I know I have one 20 Round in the picture, it's one of 2 that I swiped when I was in the NG), the suppressor, and replacement components for the cleaning kit; we're looking at around 6k or more.

Never imagined I'd get this far in this build with some of the unobtainium parts. I'm loving every minute of it

Anyway, without further ado, PICTURES FOR THE PICTURE THREAD:
https://i.imgur.com/JDlGKNL.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/hQ14k53.jpg
View Quote

That looks great, well done! Glad I could contribute!
Link Posted: 1/24/2022 11:46:10 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By RTUtah:
Has anybody used the ARMS rail on a Mod1 build, like in this photo?  It just looks right for some reason.

http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r249/RTUtah/NEWSPR-598x306.jpg
View Quote

But seriously, has anyone else seen any other MOD 1’s with the full length PRI PEQ rail? I thought about trying this configuration out but unsure about compatibility or fitment
Link Posted: 1/25/2022 12:28:57 AM EDT
[Last Edit: teamjawbox] [#3]
Originally Posted By thatdtmsguy:

But seriously, has anyone else seen any other MOD 1’s with the full length PRI PEQ rail? I thought about trying this configuration out but unsure about compatibility or fitment
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Has anybody used the ARMS rail on a Mod1 build, like in this photo?  It just looks right for some reason.

I've not seen one with a full length.  Not to say one didn't exist, but would be a heavy pig and don't think it would lock up to the RAS without modification (I think anyway, never tried it).

Pretty sure that pic is airsoft also.
Link Posted: 1/25/2022 12:54:47 AM EDT
[#4]
If anybody has a lead on a RAS with the original PN, let me know. Time to start a new project.
Link Posted: 1/25/2022 8:59:13 AM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By teamjawbox:

I've not seen one with a full length.  Not to say one didn't exist, but would be a heavy pig and don't think it would lock up to the RAS without modification (I think anyway, never tried it).

View Quote

LanceCriminal86 did this one as a joke.

Link Posted: 1/25/2022 9:23:09 AM EDT
[#6]

At least the FF RAS was a 99167, but still ridiculous for $600.  If anyone pays $425 for a set of ARMS rings they've been duped.  Not only are the rings not great to begin with, but they're still in production today.  New set has a lever stop?  Chop it off.  I think Haveblue83 eats the things!  But all things considered, I guess this is where we are now.  Feel like I'm holding AMC or GME or something and debating when to cash out.
View Quote

Ive bought 2 this year for $600 each. Seems like highway robbery but i guess in the grand scheme of things it isnt too bad. The 2 factors that made me buy them were that anymore being produced wasnt a sure thing and the OCM5 came out which i meant i could get the "correct" suppressor fairly easily. Im going to have $5k-$6k in these builds anyways with the deployment kit and all the extras so might as well bend over and take it lol
Link Posted: 1/25/2022 11:09:47 AM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By Hunterex:

https://farm4.staticflickr.com/3950/14908329423_6907677e0a_k.jpg

View All Quotes

Hahah!  That's awesome.
Link Posted: 1/25/2022 3:32:40 PM EDT
[Last Edit: kmcale] [#8]
I was unsubbed from here for unknown reasons, a hello picture from the summer (possibly a dupe somewhere)

Attachment Attached File

I'd get a recent pic outside with a mk12 mod whatever, but I don't feel like shooting in -20 and a foot of snow.

Eta: @ringer706 you're doing some awesome work, I'm digging the IG
Link Posted: 1/25/2022 5:27:19 PM EDT
[#9]

Looking great!  Love seeing some late mod 0 action.

If you're interested in getting the side rails done (to add more costs on top of what you already listed, LOL) reach out to HaveBlue83.  His brother is doing a set for me right now for my mod H.  Will remove the PRI USA and the beveled edges of the side pic rails.  If you wanna take it to that level.  It's a beautiful build already.  

Grats on that build!  It's a beauty!
View Quote

Teamjawbox…. That isn’t a PrI rail… that is an actual ARMS PEQ rail….
Link Posted: 1/25/2022 5:59:17 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By kmcale:
I was unsubbed from here for unknown reasons, a hello picture from the summer (possibly a dupe somewhere)

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/488238/20210717_162032_jpg-2254080.JPG

I'd get a recent pic outside with a mk12 mod whatever, but I don't feel like shooting in -20 and a foot of snow.

Eta: @ringer706 you're doing some awesome work, I'm digging the IG
View Quote

Thanks! Trying to grow it without getting shut down...according to instagram selling a Mk13 rifle stock is the same as selling a gun and they dinged me for "illegal activity"

I posted pictures of some T65 rifles I'm building though and that was cool, so anyone's guess.

Back on topic: still need to coordinate with Lou on ballisticards, but I will have a few more of @Dstepec's cleaning rods in soon for anyone who needs one. My guess is a third run of cleaning rods will be needed so don't worry. Also, it's hard to keep on top of everything so I'm not really doing a pre-order on the ballisticards/cleaning rods. I'll let y'all know here and on instagram when they're available. I'm going to try figuring out a newsletter too for anyone who's placed orders and I have email addresses for as a way to send out advance notice.
Link Posted: 1/25/2022 6:42:16 PM EDT
[Last Edit: teamjawbox] [#11]
Originally Posted By Zulu583:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Zulu583:

Looking great!  Love seeing some late mod 0 action.

If you're interested in getting the side rails done (to add more costs on top of what you already listed, LOL) reach out to HaveBlue83.  His brother is doing a set for me right now for my mod H.  Will remove the PRI USA and the beveled edges of the side pic rails.  If you wanna take it to that level.  It's a beautiful build already.  

Grats on that build!  It's a beauty!

Wasn't talking about the PEQ rail.  Am talking about the Picatinny rails at 3 and 9 o'clock on the PRI forearm.  The ones that say PRI and USA on them and have the beveled edges

Edit:  Wanted to reiterate per my original reply that I think it's a wonderful build and I love it when late mod 0's are posted.  We don't see a lot of them vs mod 1 or H.  Just giving him some ideas for further "clone" detail he could add to his list if he chooses.  Either way it's a fine build.  

Pic for pic thread....

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 1/25/2022 6:53:54 PM EDT
[#12]

View All Quotes

ive been wondering the same thing man. id love to put one on the Mod 1, i dont care about the weight, just want to know itll work before i buy lol.
id use the PRI version though.
right now my Mod 1 has #22H rings, the scope is pushed to the max and the stock extended all the way to try and get a little better eye relief, and it still isnt where id like it.
i tried a YHM .5 riser and it just didnt look right
so if the PRI rail would work it would solve that problem other than the height over bore, damn maybe i need some #22M's too.
i had a badger ordnance unimount but it just didnt have the same look that the #22's give the Mod 1.
Link Posted: 1/25/2022 9:26:20 PM EDT
[Last Edit: teamjawbox] [#13]
Originally Posted By TheRetro1:

ive been wondering the same thing man. id love to put one on the Mod 1, i dont care about the weight, just want to know itll work before i buy lol.
right now my Mod 1 has #22H rings, the scope is pushed to the max and the stock extended all the way to try and get a little better eye relief, and it still isnt where id like it.
so if the PRI rail would work it would solve that problem other than the height over bore, damn maybe i need some #22M's too.
i had a badger ordnance unimount but it just didnt have the same look that the #22's give the Mod 1.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By TheRetro1:

Not a full sleeve, but I really wish I woulda snagged one of those ARMS #38 S-EX rails off of eBay a couple months ago when that seller was offloading a box of them.  They were dirt cheap relatively speaking, like $150 or something like that and look flat out badass.  A couple folks in the thread posted some pics with theirs and I think it looks wonderful.
I think the infamous FDNY mod 1 used a #36 S-EX but in my experience those just don't exist apparently, so that #38 S-EX would be a great stand-in and would solve the eye relief issue.  At least give you a lot more continuous rail space to tweak it.  

Have you looked at those?  Or are you just wanting to go full sleeve?  If you do give the full sleeve a try post some pics for us plebs to see!
Link Posted: 1/25/2022 9:57:04 PM EDT
[#14]

Not a full sleeve, but I really wish I woulda snagged one of those ARMS #38 S-EX rails off of eBay a couple months ago when that seller was offloading a box of them.  They were dirt cheap relatively speaking, like $150 or something like that and look flat out badass.  A couple folks in the thread posted some pics with theirs and I think it looks wonderful.
I think the infamous FDNY mod 1 used a #36 S-EX but in my experience those just don't exist apparently, so that #38 S-EX would be a great stand-in and would solve the eye relief issue.  At least give you a lot more continuous rail space to tweak it.  

Have you looked at those?  Or are you just wanting to go full sleeve?  If you do give the full sleeve a try post some pics for us plebs to see!
View Quote

oh believe me man, ive been lusting after the 36 and 38 s-ex for a minute! i would have snagged SDMF_Rebels s-ex if i didnt have so many builds in the works.
and damn $150 thats cheap by todays standards, but i stopped checking ebay a while back after i got a fake wilcox 30mm Mk18 mount
Link Posted: 1/25/2022 10:17:21 PM EDT
[Last Edit: thatdtmsguy] [#15]

View Quote

Joke or not, this looks awesome lol can you give me the run down on what sleeve is used in this picture? I might do it to mine
Link Posted: 1/25/2022 10:19:12 PM EDT
[#16]

View Quote
Even though the #36 S-EX is clone correct, I just couldn't bring myself to do it because, to be clone correct, you would also have to have retarded BUIS that don't work.
Link Posted: 1/25/2022 10:52:53 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By Theodoric:
Even though the #36 S-EX is clone correct, I just couldn't bring myself to do it because, to be clone correct, you would also have to have retarded BUIS that don't work.
View All Quotes

I'll jump all over it if I ever find one.  Though I haven't ever zeroed the backup irons on my mod 0 or 1, and of course my H doesn't have any to begin with
Link Posted: 1/26/2022 1:37:05 PM EDT
[#18]

I'll jump all over it if I ever find one.  Though I haven't ever zeroed the backup irons on my mod 0 or 1, and of course my H doesn't have any to begin with
View All Quotes

I am also on the lookout (after teamjawbox) for a A.R.M.S. #36 or #38 rail, I missed a #38 a few weeks ago on the EE and ended up in second place. The BUIS issue doesn't really bother me as the odds of me actually needing to use my KAC sights are slim. I'd start with a #38 as a place holder while continuing the search for a #36.
Link Posted: 1/26/2022 2:28:32 PM EDT
[#19]
Old pic, but #36 SEXY rail!

Yes, I finally do have lowers for them
Link Posted: 1/26/2022 4:33:35 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By USMCSGT0331:

https://i.imgur.com/OAdljCx.jpeg

View Quote

Heck yeah!  Those are beauties.  Your pics never fail to amaze.  Top to bottom... Wow, just wow!
Link Posted: 1/26/2022 4:44:21 PM EDT
[#21]

View Quote

Which model Harris bipod is on the late mod 0?  I'm running the BRMS 6-9 currently but that's not what came in the late mod 0 deployment kit photos I've been going by.  Yours looks to be the right one.
Link Posted: 1/26/2022 4:49:11 PM EDT
[#22]

Which model Harris bipod is on the late mod 0?  I'm running the BRMS 6-9 currently but that's not what came in the late mod 0 deployment kit photos I've been going by.  Yours looks to be the right one.
View All Quotes

I have no idea which ones these are. I originally bought them for my Mk13's and ended up buying more than I needed, so I threw them on the Mk12's. No idea if they're even correct and I'm too lazy to swap them if they aren't correct, lol
Link Posted: 1/26/2022 4:53:53 PM EDT
[#23]
I have no idea which ones these are. I originally bought them for my Mk13's and ended up buying more than I needed, so I threw them on the Mk12's. No idea if they're even correct and I'm too lazy to swap them if they aren't correct, lol
View All Quotes

Here's some pics from that SH late mod 0 pic dump.  It looks like it's longer than the BRMS 6-9.  I'll go on the Harris site later and see what's what.  You've got an incredible collection.  Glad to hear you finally got some lowers for all those lonely uppers!

Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/26/2022 6:13:32 PM EDT
[#24]

Here's some pics from that SH late mod 0 pic dump.  It looks like it's longer than the BRMS 6-9.  I'll go on the Harris site later and see what's what.  You've got an incredible collection.  Glad to hear you finally got some lowers for all those lonely uppers!

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/343681/SmartSelect_20220126-145146_OneDrive_jpg-2255396.JPGhttps://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/343681/SmartSelect_20220126-145101_OneDrive_jpg-2255397.JPGhttps://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/343681/SmartSelect_20220126-145127_OneDrive_jpg-2255398.JPG
View Quote

9-13 there. 6-9 saw some use too. Go with preference on that choice.
Link Posted: 1/26/2022 6:15:22 PM EDT
[#25]
So I saw a Leupold 2.5-8x36 PN 60170 on Ebay last night for $2100. Is this the correct optic for a USMC Mk12 build over the 112633? I hesitated and it sold quickly but I'd like to get some confirmation that that's one of the models that was used?
Link Posted: 1/26/2022 6:20:27 PM EDT
[#26]

View All Quotes

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/343681/SmartSelect_20220126-145146_OneDrive_jpg-2255396.JPGhttps://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/343681/SmartSelect_20220126-145101_OneDrive_jpg-2255397.JPGhttps://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/343681/SmartSelect_20220126-145127_OneDrive_jpg-2255398.JPG

Thanks, much appreciated. Think I'll pickup a 9-13 to try out.  The 6-9 is a bit short when shooting prone.  May make it a lil easier.  May give it a try.
Link Posted: 1/26/2022 6:25:53 PM EDT
[Last Edit: teamjawbox] [#27]
Originally Posted By siles76:
So I saw a Leupold 2.5-8x36 PN 60170 on Ebay last night for $2100. Is this the correct optic for a USMC Mk12 build over the 112633? I hesitated and it sold quickly but I'd like to get some confirmation that that's one of the models that was used?
View Quote

Personally, I would take the 60170 over the current 112633.  Some may have differing opinion but from what I've seen the 60170 is much closer to what was used versus the 113633.  No slab side and no alignment lines or whatever the hell those are - if you can find it will look the part perfectly.
Link Posted: 1/26/2022 6:32:10 PM EDT
[#28]

Personally, I would take the 60170 over the current 112633.  Some may have differing opinion but from what I've seen the 60170 is much closer to what was used versus the 113633.  No slab side and no alignment lines or whatever the hell those are - if you can find it will look the part perfectly.
View Quote

That's what I was thinking, kinda regret letting it pass by even if the price was a bit steep. Guess I'll settle for my 112633 until another one pops up somewhere.
Link Posted: 1/26/2022 6:33:19 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Tactical_Bucket] [#29]
👀
Lou came through! Forgot the appendix D cards though
Link Posted: 1/26/2022 6:47:24 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By Tactical_Bucket:
👀
https://imgur.com/uryrKSv.jpg
View Quote

That's awesome!
Link Posted: 1/26/2022 6:49:41 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ringer706] [#31]
👀
View Quote

That's awesome! Just waiting on a response from Lou at this point. Would love to get a bunch more of these for everyone.

ETA: Jinx jawbox! I believe you owe me a coke now...
Link Posted: 1/26/2022 6:53:33 PM EDT
[#32]
I want/need/must have that 02 card on the left.
Link Posted: 1/26/2022 6:54:51 PM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By ringer706:

That's awesome! Just waiting on a response from Lou at this point. Would love to get a bunch more of these for everyone.

View All Quotes
👀

I'll trade a case for some ballisticards!
Link Posted: 1/26/2022 7:04:39 PM EDT
[#34]
👀
View Quote

gimmie!
Link Posted: 1/26/2022 7:08:37 PM EDT
[#35]

View Quote
I might need these
Link Posted: 1/26/2022 8:03:10 PM EDT
[#36]
👀
View Quote

The Mod.0/1 manual apparently has Appendix D in the back. Maybe some enterprising operators cut it out and got it laminated and later ordered it directly from Ballisticards?
Link Posted: 1/26/2022 8:36:19 PM EDT
[#37]
Lou told me he searched his archives and found the appendix D.. I dont know why he didn't send them. All good, I'll get in touch and make sure he knows it's also something we'd like in quantity.
Link Posted: 1/26/2022 9:15:45 PM EDT
[#38]

I'll trade a case for some ballisticards!
View Quote

I’ll make that deal!
Link Posted: 1/27/2022 10:34:14 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Cavguy] [#39]
I would be down for one of the MK262 Mod0/1 cards!
Link Posted: 1/28/2022 1:32:05 AM EDT
[Last Edit: teamjawbox] [#40]
@TheShlouf

Scope cleaned up nicely.  Supposed to have nice weather this weekend so I'm gonna try and take it out for a run on Sunday.  Thanks again!

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/28/2022 2:31:15 AM EDT
[#41]
Damn that looks nice. I sure as hell wouldn’t have had the patience to clean it up that well. I’m glad it went to a good home.

Does anyone know when leupold switched from the 1/3n battery to the pancake style?
That scope on jawbox’s rifle is a 07 manf and has the 1/3n battery. I’m pretty sure the other 07 manf I just sold had the pancake battery.
Link Posted: 1/28/2022 10:14:17 AM EDT
[#42]
I have a T serial number suffix (2008) Mark 4 that has the 1/3N size battery.
Link Posted: 1/28/2022 11:48:16 AM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By TheShlouf:
Damn that looks nice. I sure as hell wouldn’t have had the patience to clean it up that well. I’m glad it went to a good home.

Does anyone know when leupold switched from the 1/3n battery to the pancake style?
That scope on jawbox’s rifle is a 07 manf and has the 1/3n battery. I’m pretty sure the other 07 manf I just sold had the pancake battery.
View Quote

Couple coats of Citristrip and it came right off.  That stuff combined with an old tooth brush works miracles on removing paint.  Can't remember who it was on this thread that recommended it to me a while back, but it works miracles.  Now if only my contacts could work miracles and eliminate the effects of the astigmatism completely so I can shoot like I used to. : )
Link Posted: 1/29/2022 11:05:43 PM EDT
[#44]
Got my fresh Mod 1 out today. Put about 100 rounds through it, super accurate and a lot of fun to shoot. I still need a trigger Guard and an AEM5/OCM5. The Build is nothing out of the norm. i am using a Badger MK12 Gas Block and a Centurion Mk12 Barrel. Very high quality pieces! i will post some groups when i get my hands on some mk262

Untitled by Trey Brown, on Flickr
Link Posted: 1/31/2022 11:54:45 AM EDT
[#45]
Just looking for some opinions, High Caliber Sales mk12 mod1 upper vs a PRI mod0 upper
Is HCS still in business and building uppers?

Which is seeing better accuracy?
Which (if either) would be considered higher quality?
Which would you choose and why?

Thanks in advance

The two uppers in question:
HCS Upper

PRI Upper
Link Posted: 1/31/2022 12:36:18 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Engineer5] [#46]
Originally Posted By Bosif347:
Just looking for some opinions, High Caliber Sales mk12 mod1 upper vs a PRI mod0 upper

Thanks in advance

HCS Upper

PRI Upper
View Quote

I'm not sure if HCS is still in business.  If they are still in business do they even have the KAC rail available for a Mod1 build or will you have to wait?  Best to contact them.   You also need to decide if you want a Mod0 or Mod1.  Getting a PRI Mod0 from MidwayUSA will probably be the quickest option if you want something now.  The KAC rails are the biggest hold up for Mod1 builds.  Quality wise I don't know if there would be a big difference.  They both use Douglas barrels.
Link Posted: 1/31/2022 12:39:20 PM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By Engineer5:

I'm not sure if HCS is still in business.  If they are still in business do they even have the KAC rail available for a Mod1 build or will you have to wait?  Best to contact them.   You also need to decide if you want a Mod0 or Mod1.  Getting a PRI Mod0 from MidwayUSA will probably be the quickest option if you want something now.  The KAC rails are the biggest hold up for Mod1 builds.  Quality wise I don't know if there would be a big difference.  They both use Douglas barrels.
View Quote

I think I'm leaning more towards the mod0, that PRI handguard speaks to me.

Next question would it be blasphemy to run a 2.5-10x Trijicon Accupoint on it?
Link Posted: 1/31/2022 12:45:31 PM EDT
[Last Edit: cheekibreeki] [#48]

I think I'm leaning more towards the mod0, that PRI handguard speaks to me.

Next question would it be blasphemy to run a 2.5-10x Trijicon Accupoint on it?
View Quote

You do you, but if you're gonna build a Mk12 then you should stay true to the design. Otherwise it is not a Mk12, just another "precision" AR-15, and there's lighter weight stuff currently available to do the same stuff. The Accupoint 2.5-10 doesn't even look right.

We're also getting closer and closer to nearly impossible availability of correct scopes, so start with component purchases by availability. Can, optic, rail, A1 lower, etc.
Link Posted: 1/31/2022 12:59:38 PM EDT
[#49]

Thanks in advance

HCS Upper

PRI Upper
View Quote

Right now I have a Mod 1 build, and I am going to plan a Mod 0 down the road. I suggest both
Link Posted: 1/31/2022 1:21:05 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By cheekibreeki:

You do you, but if you're gonna build a Mk12 then you should stay true to the design. Otherwise it is not a Mk12, just another "precision" AR-15, and there's lighter weight stuff currently available to do the same stuff. The Accupoint 2.5-10 doesn't even look right.

We're also getting closer and closer to nearly impossible availability of correct scopes, so start with component purchases by availability. Can, optic, rail, A1 lower, etc.
View Quote

I don't know much historically about the mk12 but I do know the optic was typically a NightForce, the suppressor though I don't know anything about, I have a SiCo hybrid 46 presently but I'd have to change the muzzle device and it wouldn't look right I don't think
Page / 1177
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top