User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Page / 1177
Link Posted: 1/20/2022 8:41:44 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Gatorvet] [#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By lancecriminal86:

... That's one of the co-founders of KRG, definitely not a "larper". His deployment photos have been posted in here plenty of times before.
View Quote

I figured it wasn’t a larper pic and that if a mil guy was using them the mount must not be that bad.
Appreciate your reply and good info as always.
Link Posted: 1/20/2022 9:06:45 AM EDT
[Last Edit: UndrGrndPrdcts] [#2]

... That's one of the co-founders of KRG, definitely not a "larper". His deployment photos have been posted in here plenty of times before.

I have seen hi-speed video of an LT-104 before, and there's a lot of flexing going on in there. But at the time, it was one of the best options available for getting good eye relief on a flat-top AR upper. I haven't noticed some of the issues I've seen claimed in here with the mounts, nor the Recce rail, but everyone's going to do what they are convinced is right based on their own observations. Meanwhile others are still shooting issued glass in beat up old ARMS rings, on the early SPR guns where the whole setup is basically held in place by the SPR sleeve, and haven't experienced these issues out at 800+.

At the end of the day it's supposed to be a clone thread.
View Quote

Right on. I torqued my recce rail down using pri's instructions, and with NF 107's I've have no issues. In my mind it makes almost a monolithic upper when done properly.

Eta: last group I shot with new varmint load (100 yards not 300 like the sticker says ).
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/20/2022 10:25:46 AM EDT
[Last Edit: teamjawbox] [#3]

I have seen hi-speed video of an LT-104 before, and there's a lot of flexing going on in there. But at the time, it was one of the best options available for getting good eye relief on a flat-top AR upper. I haven't noticed some of the issues I've seen claimed in here with the mounts, nor the Recce rail, but everyone's going to do what they are convinced is right based on their own observations. Meanwhile others are still shooting issued glass in beat up old ARMS rings, on the early SPR guns where the whole setup is basically held in place by the SPR sleeve, and haven't experienced these issues out at 800+.

At the end of the day it's supposed to be a clone thread.
View Quote

Major thumbs up.  Thanks for the info as always Lance.  The info you, Hunterex, and others provide are blessing to the clone community, as always.
Link Posted: 1/20/2022 4:44:32 PM EDT
[#4]
Well I’m am set up and beyond happy! Thanks again Ringer!!

I’d anyone needs a 1700 case minus the foam shoot me a email. I have a extra one I stole the foam out years ago. It’s brand new. These were made in or about the end of 2011 based on the date markings on mine.
Link Posted: 1/20/2022 4:49:55 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By mstennes:
Well I’m am set up and beyond happy! Thanks again Ringer!!
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/85971/79EDC496-A6AE-487F-AD61-0C57C6628CF9-2247663.jpg

I’d anyone needs a 1700 case minus the foam shoot me a email. I have a extra one I stole the foam out years ago. It’s brand new. These were made in or about the end of 2011 based on the date markings on mine.
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/85971/6AB6486C-CE0F-413E-9E1D-6609E5FE2172-2247670.jpg
View Quote

Email sent.
Link Posted: 1/21/2022 7:09:02 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Yumago] [#6]
My foam was going to be delivered yesterday and never did. Even said out for delivery

Hopefully gets delivered today
Link Posted: 1/21/2022 8:44:05 AM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By Yumago:
My foam was going to be delivered yesterday and never did. Even said out for delivery

Hopefully gets delivered today
View Quote

Fingers crossed!
Link Posted: 1/21/2022 1:17:41 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Yumago] [#8]
Originally Posted By ringer706:

Fingers crossed!
View Quote

Good news! It got delivered yesterday, my app never updated and my dad never told me. Going to pick it up tomorrow

If anyone has a lead on the correct sling, and adapters for a Mod 1 that would be great.
Link Posted: 1/21/2022 8:04:41 PM EDT
[#9]
Thanks Ringer

Link Posted: 1/21/2022 11:16:41 PM EDT
[#10]
Anyone have a surplus case with a label still in tact?  If so, would you mind measuring the paper size?  I don't believe it's normal 8.5'' x 11'' and am trying to get the right size.

Thanks in advance!

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/21/2022 11:22:23 PM EDT
[#11]

Looks great! Thank YOU!
Link Posted: 1/22/2022 1:25:45 AM EDT
[#12]
For those interested, Lou with ballisticards just confirmed he was able to retrieve all three versions of the Black Hills branded ballisticards (standard, deltamax, and the appendix D) from his archives and has agreed to do a limited run for us through ringer since he's technically retired. Pretty cool stuff.
Link Posted: 1/22/2022 9:40:33 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Yumago] [#13]
Originally Posted By Tactical_Bucket:
For those interested, Lou with ballisticards just confirmed he was able to retrieve all three versions of the Black Hills branded ballisticards (standard, deltamax, and the appendix D) from his archives and has agreed to do a limited run for us through ringer since he's technically retired. Pretty cool stuff.
View Quote

You guys are magic. What's the difference between the three?
Link Posted: 1/22/2022 9:55:32 AM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By Yumago:

You guys are magic. What's the difference between the three?
View Quote

See page 1093
Link Posted: 1/22/2022 1:33:48 PM EDT
[#15]
Got bored and repainted the MK12. Hopefully this will suffice for a little longer.  

Also, finally did receive my OCM5 to my dealer 87 days from my initial order. Submitted paperwork and hopefully silencer shop will generate my eform before March lol

Link Posted: 1/22/2022 3:12:04 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Yumago] [#16]
Lost the thread protector for the AEM brake

Luckily the can will live on the gun most of the time.

Great job on the foam Ringer, worth every penny

Edit: Ordered one from Allen himself.
Link Posted: 1/22/2022 3:29:36 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By thatdtmsguy:
Got bored and repainted the MK12. Hopefully this will suffice for a little longer.  

Also, finally did receive my OCM5 to my dealer 87 days from my initial order. Submitted paperwork and hopefully silencer shop will generate my eform before March lol

https://i.postimg.cc/rmz4s3dx/IMG-0544.jpg
View Quote

Sorry about not getting back to you sooner, when I ran over there on Monday they were closed and then was out of town this past week.  When I called yesterday they were "waiting on my FFL information to transfer it" even though I have spoke with them twice before about picking up from them directly.  Needless to say I dont think I'll be using them or recommending them any after this experience.  Glad to hear you got yours to your FFL though.

On the other hand it was great to meet @ringer706 to pickup my foam and accessories and will hopefully be getting some pictures posted later on today.
Link Posted: 1/22/2022 11:42:50 PM EDT
[Last Edit: cheekibreeki] [#18]
Here are the results of an 18" Ballistic Advantage barrel, item # BABL223021PQ bought from Ballistic Advantage. I have been having issues getting even repeatable 5 shot groups, so I tried a variety of loads today. The barrel has had about 130 rnds fired through it before this, and was thoroughly cleaned before today's session. I fired about 15 M193 rounds to foul the barrel, and then let it cool before checking with the "precision" stuff. For extra info, the barrel was was installed with shim stock to require a thermal press-fit, and 45-50 ft-lb of torque is on the FF RAS barrel nut.

I used factory 69 gr Federal Gold Medal Match, and then reloads. My reloads had the commonality of:
Lake City once-fired brass freshly annealed. Full-length sized.
CCI #450 Primers
1.750" trim length
All projectiles seated to magazine length of 2.250"-2.255"
Powder thrown with RCBS Chargemaster.

77 gr SMK with Varget
53 gr SMK with Ramshot TAC

Shot from bench to 100 yards with AEM5 installed and NXS 3.5-15 F1 optic. Standard Harris and a rear bag for support.

Conditions were 1-3 mph wind and 25 degrees F. 30.28 in pressure. 3 & 5 shots for factory ammo, and then 5 shots for the rest. I prefer 10 shot groups, but things that don't do well with a 5 shot are not bound to do well with 10 if you test more...

69 gr Federal GMM Results

53 gr SMK

77 gr SMK

Overall, a quite disappointing barrel in my opinion. I get that it is $175, but other than looking the part for a Mk12 it doesn't deserve the place.
Link Posted: 1/23/2022 12:47:43 AM EDT
[#19]
I know that Ballistic Advantage does not have a procedure for drilling their gas ports evenly into a land of the barrel rifling. I'd be curious to know what your gas port looks like. And then get further data points on gas ports on BA barrels that perform well. Could be that some people get lucky with a well positioned gas port and others get shafted.
Link Posted: 1/23/2022 1:39:56 AM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By Tactical_Bucket:
I know that Ballistic Advantage does not have a procedure for drilling their gas ports evenly into a land of the barrel rifling. I'd be curious to know what your gas port looks like. And then get further data points on gas ports on BA barrels that perform well. Could be that some people get lucky with a well positioned gas port and others get shafted.
View Quote

The positioning of the gas port on this isn't much different than the high end barrels people use as examples for where to position a gas port. That location if anything seems like a trivial item compared to the rest of the barrel.
Link Posted: 1/23/2022 4:25:13 AM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By cheekibreeki:
Overall, a quite disappointing barrel in my opinion. I get that it is $175, but other than looking the part for a Mk12 it doesn't deserve the place.
View Quote

You get what you pay for.

I think I heard that term a lot and I stay true to it.
Link Posted: 1/23/2022 4:26:17 AM EDT
[#22]
I'm certain that it does. Kreiger specifically aligns their barrels so that the gas port does not cut through an uneven portion of the rifling.. Ballistic Advantage chucks the barrel up and drills the gas port at random. This machining process produces burrs and an uneven portion of rifling that negatively impacts accuracy, which is exactly why Kreiger puts so much effort into gas port positioning. Do you have a borescope? Inspect your rifling.
Link Posted: 1/23/2022 11:23:24 AM EDT
[#23]
BA's website say they have a sub-MOA guarantee.  Contact them and see if you can get a new barrel.  I'd get the new barrel and sell it.  Use the money towards a higher end barrel.
Link Posted: 1/23/2022 1:26:14 PM EDT
[#24]
Here are the results of an 18" Ballistic Advantage barrel, item # BABL223021PQ bought from Ballistic Advantage. I have been having issues getting even repeatable 5 shot groups, so I tried a variety of loads today. The barrel has had about 130 rnds fired through it before this, and was thoroughly cleaned before today's session. I fired about 15 M193 rounds to foul the barrel, and then let it cool before checking with the "precision" stuff. For extra info, the barrel was was installed with shim stock to require a thermal press-fit, and 45-50 ft-lb of torque is on the FF RAS barrel nut.

I used factory 69 gr Federal Gold Medal Match, and then reloads. My reloads had the commonality of:
Lake City once-fired brass freshly annealed. Full-length sized.
CCI #450 Primers
1.750" trim length
All projectiles seated to magazine length of 2.250"-2.255"
Powder thrown with RCBS Chargemaster.

77 gr SMK with Varget
53 gr SMK with Ramshot TAC

Shot from bench to 100 yards with AEM5 installed and NXS 3.5-15 F1 optic. Standard Harris and a rear bag for support.

Conditions were 1-3 mph wind and 25 degrees F. 30.28 in pressure. 3 & 5 shots for factory ammo, and then 5 shots for the rest. I prefer 10 shot groups, but things that don't do well with a 5 shot are not bound to do well with 10 if you test more...

69 gr Federal GMM Results
https://i.imgur.com/4K9kTgP.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/eR7ZPwA.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/YoihBT6.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/7mjKlla.jpg

53 gr SMK

https://i.imgur.com/pUhybkT.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/eqDVuhw.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/jc0Ruk0.jpg

77 gr SMK

https://i.imgur.com/vXhIQju.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/0v2tl29.jpg

View Quote
they arent a sub moa company. they used to be ok and the last two i got were 1.5moa. just got a 14.5" middy and its looking like a 1.5moa 55gr fmj barrel.

i suggest bison or woa if u wanna be @$200 price point..
Link Posted: 1/23/2022 10:21:01 PM EDT
[Last Edit: cheekibreeki] [#25]
I picked up my prior 18" WOA barrel and tried it out today with the same loads. With only 4 of the FGMM 69 SMK (all I had left), they grouped into 0.32". Three five-shot groupings of 24.5 gr AA 2520 and a 77 SMK grouped 0.78", 0.81" and 0.84". If they weren't such a pain to get due to waitlist, I'd buy another.

Link Posted: 1/23/2022 10:23:21 PM EDT
[#26]
There many mk12 barrels out there and the decision is tough, but it comes down to how much you want to spend, in my case had the same issue selecting my barrel but I remembered an old saying from a friend, you buy once and cry once and I went with the CLE Douglas barrel,waited three months for it and don’t regret it, also if you are looking for sub moa 5shot group(depend on ammo) get a bolt gun, this a 1moa or better combat rifle, sometimes we have to be realistic, not all barrel shots the same.
Link Posted: 1/23/2022 10:27:00 PM EDT
[#27]
I'll be ordering a Douglas barrel this week unless CLE has a reasonable backlog when talking on the phone.
Link Posted: 1/23/2022 11:57:53 PM EDT
[#28]
I'll be ordering a Douglas barrel this week unless CLE has a reasonable backlog when talking on the phone.
View Quote

Order it and wait.
Link Posted: 1/24/2022 12:10:17 AM EDT
[#29]
View Quote

Mine took 3 months.
Link Posted: 1/24/2022 12:43:10 AM EDT
[#30]
View Quote

My vote is go with the Douglas.  May have to wait a bit but it's well worth it.  Clone correct and shoots lights out
Link Posted: 1/24/2022 7:58:26 AM EDT
[Last Edit: edwin907] [#31]
View Quote

My Douglas SPR barrel was $175 cheaper than a CLE Krieger SPR (included bolt) but shoots MK262 very well suppressed or not.
I am a bigger factor than the difference between the barrels almost every day.

Link Posted: 1/24/2022 9:29:00 AM EDT
[#32]
My Douglas shoots tiny little holes.
Link Posted: 1/24/2022 9:58:18 AM EDT
[#33]
Speaking of medium 22’s, is this the going price for ARMS #22’s now?
ARMS #22 medium no stop
Link Posted: 1/24/2022 10:08:30 AM EDT
[#34]
ARMS #22 medium no stop
View Quote

Did you see the FF long RAS that sold for $600?
Link Posted: 1/24/2022 10:35:55 AM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By Engineer5:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
ARMS #22 medium no stop

At least the FF RAS was a 99167, but still ridiculous for $600.  If anyone pays $425 for a set of ARMS rings they've been duped.  Not only are the rings not great to begin with, but they're still in production today.  New set has a lever stop?  Chop it off.  I think Haveblue83 eats the things!  But all things considered, I guess this is where we are now.  Feel like I'm holding AMC or GME or something and debating when to cash out.
Link Posted: 1/24/2022 10:39:16 AM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By teamjawbox:

At least the FF RAS was a 99167, but still ridiculous for $600.  If anyone pays $425 for a set of ARMS rings they've been duped.  Not only are the rings not great to begin with, but they're still in production today.  New set has a lever stop?  Chop it off.  I think Haveblue83 eats the things!  But all things considered, I guess this is where we are now.  Feel like I'm holding AMC or GME or something and debating when to cash out.
View Quote

Sold a long RAS for $675. They’ve gone as high as $750-800 on here.
Link Posted: 1/24/2022 11:27:43 AM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By stainlineho:

View All Quotes

A sucker is born every day.  Though if they got what they wanted then I guess more power to them.
Link Posted: 1/24/2022 2:47:54 PM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By edwin907:

My Douglas SPR barrel was $175 cheaper than a CLE Krieger SPR (included bolt) but shoots MK262 very well suppressed or not.
I am a bigger factor than the difference between the barrels almost every day.

For what it is worth, I am going to be selling a MK4 MR/T 3-9 ILL with, ARD, 22Ms (late-hump) and Tactical Cap and Rail and would like to offer it here before placing it on the EE.
Superb condition, purchased back in 2004.  No reasonable offer refused, much prefer to sell it here rather than some eBay reseller, contact me via ar15 mail.

https://i.imgur.com/u5gBHln.jpg
View Quote

PM sent
Link Posted: 1/24/2022 2:50:40 PM EDT
[#39]

View Quote

The group had this same conversation a few months ago.
Link Posted: 1/24/2022 2:55:20 PM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By WTFShane:

View All Quotes

Were still in shock over prices being paid.
Link Posted: 1/24/2022 3:00:31 PM EDT
[#41]

View All Quotes
ARMS #22 medium no stop

I agree, some days I just want to get it all out list it, and buy something else, but then I’d be itching to do another and couldn’t afford it, but who knows? I started the one I have now in 2010 I want to say, maybe 2011? Had another before that and sold only to want another. Now I look at cost to build and prices being paid. I picked up a NSW REECE upper off the EE, I’m seriously thinking of selling it without doing anything for the fact I bought to many other things over the last few weeks making it hard to jump on the 2.5x10x24 in the EE right now and it seems feast or famine with those.
Link Posted: 1/24/2022 3:48:49 PM EDT
[#42]

View All Quotes

I know.  The one I was referring to happened just the other day.  I would have thought that most people interested in the MK12 platform would be visiting and reading this thread.  I guess not.
Link Posted: 1/24/2022 4:02:26 PM EDT
[Last Edit: stainlineho] [#43]

I agree, some days I just want to get it all out list it, and buy something else, but then I’d be itching to do another and couldn’t afford it, but who knows? I started the one I have now in 2010 I want to say, maybe 2011? Had another before that and sold only to want another. Now I look at cost to build and prices being paid. I picked up a NSW REECE upper off the EE, I’m seriously thinking of selling it without doing anything for the fact I bought to many other things over the last few weeks making it hard to jump on the 2.5x10x24 in the EE right now and it seems feast or famine with those.
View Quote

Been quite a few x24's posted in the EE lately, but the C538 is the one.  I wouldn't sell that NSW Recce upper....but if you do...PM me.  I may be interested.

EDIT:  Damn, that C538 is gone, wonder what that guy paid.
Link Posted: 1/24/2022 6:22:28 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Markius-Fox] [#44]
I haven't shared photos of my build as it currently is. Mainly because I was waiting for things to come in.

Ringer, love ya man. Great stuff with the...well, everything. Looking forward to the ballisticards (fingers crossed).

I actually did a quick tally of how much I've put into this rifle thusfar. It comes to $4,052.45, minus taxes and shipping costs. So, figure in the cost of a scope (looking for a 57055), the scope rings, scope ring cap, scope ring cap rail, A1 lower, sling, magazines (yes, I know I have one 20 Round in the picture, it's one of 2 that I swiped when I was in the NG), the suppressor, and replacement components for the cleaning kit; we're looking at around 6k or more.

Never imagined I'd get this far in this build with some of the unobtainium parts. I'm loving every minute of it

Anyway, without further ado, PICTURES FOR THE PICTURE THREAD:

Link Posted: 1/24/2022 6:34:58 PM EDT
[Last Edit: teamjawbox] [#45]
Originally Posted By Markius-Fox:
I haven't shared photos of my build as it currently is. Mainly because I was waiting for things to come in.

Ringer, love ya man. Great stuff with the...well, everything. Looking forward to the ballisticards (fingers crossed).

I actually did a quick tally of how much I've put into this rifle thusfar. It comes to $4,052.45, minus taxes and shipping costs. So, figure in the cost of a scope (looking for a 57055), the scope rings, scope ring cap, scope ring cap rail, A1 lower, sling, magazines (yes, I know I have one 20 Round in the picture, it's one of 2 that I swiped when I was in the NG), the suppressor, and replacement components for the cleaning kit; we're looking at around 6k or more.

Never imagined I'd get this far in this build with some of the unobtainium parts. I'm loving every minute of it

https://i.imgur.com/JDlGKNL.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/hQ14k53.jpg
View Quote

Looking great!  Love seeing some late mod 0 action.

If you're interested in getting the side rails done (to add more costs on top of what you already listed, LOL) reach out to HaveBlue83.  His brother is doing a set for me right now for my mod H.  Will remove the PRI USA and the beveled edges of the side pic rails.  If you wanna take it to that level.  It's a beautiful build already.  

Grats on that build!  It's a beauty!
Link Posted: 1/24/2022 6:42:58 PM EDT
[#46]

If you're interested in getting the side rails done (to add more costs on top of what you already listed, LOL) reach out to HaveBlue83.  His brother is doing a set for me right now for my mod H.  Will remove the PRI USA and the beveled edges of the side pic rails.  If you wanna take it to that level.  It's a beautiful build already.  

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Markius-Fox:

https://i.imgur.com/JDlGKNL.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/hQ14k53.jpg

It’s only money.
Link Posted: 1/24/2022 6:46:27 PM EDT
[#47]

Been quite a few x24's posted in the EE lately, but the C538 is the one.  I wouldn't sell that NSW Recce upper....but if you do...PM me.  I may be interested.

View All Quotes

My thing is though, I’ve spent so damn much on this late MOD 0, my Block 2, then the URGI I’m scared of what will happen if I keep it………
Link Posted: 1/24/2022 8:48:26 PM EDT
[#48]
I don't have hobbies to make money.
Link Posted: 1/24/2022 10:29:30 PM EDT
[#49]
I have just under $5500 in mine. Shopped around and built my Mod 1 over about 8 years. That includes can and everything except the pelican case (have all the ringer parts) and some mags for the case.
Link Posted: 1/24/2022 11:07:36 PM EDT
[#50]
I don't have hobbies to make money.
View Quote

I'm with ya there.  Just astonished by the price creep these past 2 years.  Very glad I did my builds when I did.  That said, I could always use one more.  
Page / 1177
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top