Page / 1177
Link Posted: 12/9/2021 7:40:10 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By PA-Minuteman:
Thanks for the heads up

Any good places to get in line at?
View Quote

If you are in Western PA, I’d recommend checking out Allegheny Arms. Not sure if they are still getting AEM5’s, but I think they have OCM5’s on order.
Link Posted: 12/9/2021 7:54:11 PM EDT
[#2]
I tried to order at 608 and the cleaning rods were already sold out. Are there going to be more?
Link Posted: 12/9/2021 8:07:48 PM EDT
[Last Edit: PA-Minuteman] [#3]
Originally Posted By michaelk123:

If you are in Western PA, I'd recommend checking out Allegheny Arms. Not sure if they are still getting AEM5's, but I think they have OCM5's on order.
View Quote
Will call them on Friday, thanks for the heads up!

So with the OCM5's. I know they arent clone correct, but if you couldn't get a AEM5 would you get one of these?
Link Posted: 12/9/2021 8:44:56 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Markius-Fox] [#4]
Originally Posted By Tactical_Bucket:

You could've got a case with foam for cheaper on amazon..
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00286M5OS?tag=arfcom00-20
View Quote

Wrong. $196.15 after taxes, free shipping. From amazon, I'd pay $212.50 after taxes, free shipping. Plus, I didn't want the foam.
Link Posted: 12/9/2021 8:46:03 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Tactical_Bucket] [#5]
OCM5s perform better in every way to the AEM5 other than maybe poi shift though I think they may tie on that front. That's no disrespect to AE, the AEM series was revolutionary in the field at the time. But today in terms of dB attenuation, back pressure, length, and weight the OCM5 comes out ahead.

When I check the site, 1700s w/o foam are 215 before tax and shipping.
Link Posted: 12/9/2021 10:39:13 PM EDT
[#6]
Well while I’m on a roll, who else wants to take my money
Really needing an A1 Stock to swap out my A2 with
Link Posted: 12/9/2021 10:48:12 PM EDT
[#7]
Those cleaning rods went with the QUICKNESS. Very thankful to get this opportunity, thank you ringer and dstepec
View Quote

I saw that, guess I wait for the next batch, damn work is interfering with my buying. I was going to order foam as well, but that’s kinda on hold as I don’t need two sets of foam. I feel I should get a raise at work for this inconvenience to me.
Link Posted: 12/9/2021 11:24:52 PM EDT
[#8]

So with the OCM5's. I know they arent clone correct, but if you couldn't get a AEM5 would you get one of these?
View Quote

I’m biased because I know the dude and shot a ton of prototypes, but I bought an OCM5 as soon as they were available, and have no plans to buy an AEM5. I’m also not a hardcore cloner either though.
Link Posted: 12/9/2021 11:37:06 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By wdlegend:

I’m biased because I know the dude and shot a ton of prototypes, but I bought an OCM5 as soon as they were available, and have no plans to buy an AEM5. I’m also not a hardcore cloner either though.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By wdlegend:

I'd get an OCM5 for now and also work to get an AEM5.  While the AE isn't the actual Ops 12, it's as close as you can get spec-wise, and is combined with the heritage of Ron Allen.  To me that is a huge part of owning the AEM5.  I did a backorder for mine and waited 9 months for it to come in, then started my paperwork where I'm about a month in.  It will have taken two years or so for me once I finally have it in hand.  

That said, I wanted to take my late mod 0 clone build as far as I could and a big part of that for me is the heritage and story behind each piece and how it relates to the program.  I've heard great things about the OCM5 and I may wind up owning one, but for the clones I think the AE has become synonymous with the MK12.  

I think it just comes down to what you're trying to accomplish. If you can do both, that'd have to be a win in my book
Link Posted: 12/9/2021 11:46:39 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Mauser556] [#10]

View Quote

Getting the stamp and paper work on mine started next week.  Figure I'd give it a try.  Still want the AEM5
Link Posted: 12/9/2021 11:56:50 PM EDT
[#11]
With resale on AEM5s pushing 2k+, I happily pulled the trigger on the OCM5s on release. In my opinion, AE's heritage lives on in the OCM5. Clones are cool, upgraded clones are cooler.
Link Posted: 12/10/2021 12:19:49 AM EDT
[#12]
With resale on AEM5s pushing 2k+, I happily pulled the trigger on the OCM5s on release. In my opinion, AE's heritage lives on in the OCM5. Clones are cool, upgraded clones are cooler.
View Quote
Same

Where are you guys buying your OCM5s
Link Posted: 12/10/2021 12:50:45 AM EDT
[Last Edit: ringer706] [#13]
Originally Posted By mstennes:

I saw that, guess I wait for the next batch, damn work is interfering with my buying. I was going to order foam as well, but that’s kinda on hold as I don’t need two sets of foam. I feel I should get a raise at work for this inconvenience to me.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By mstennes:

Originally Posted By Yumago:
I tried to order at 608 and the cleaning rods were already sold out. Are there going to be more?

@DStepec is working as fast as he can to make more, it sounds like I'll be able to sneak another 20 in with this batch of foam. Still limiting it to 1 per order at this point to make sure everyone can get one. I'm going to release 10 more tomorrow at 5pm CST and hold the remaining 10 to make sure everyone who's bought foam already but didn't get one has a second chance. Any leftovers from that will be released Sunday at noon CST. Big thanks for DStepec for busting his ass to get these out the door to everyone. I may have some radio silence tomorrow though, heading out of town to wish my grandma a happy 90th so bear with me!

Link Posted: 12/10/2021 12:56:20 AM EDT
[#14]
Same

Where are you guys buying your OCM5s
View Quote

Bought mine from hansohn, first time using them but their form 3 was done fast enough that they shipped to my dealer next day. Pretty sweet service.
https://hansohnbrothers.com/shop/otter-creek-labs/silencers/223-caliber/otter-creek-ocm5/
Link Posted: 12/10/2021 7:19:18 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Yumago] [#15]
Picked up my AEM5 today and was able to score a foam order with the cleaning rod
Link Posted: 12/11/2021 3:00:55 PM EDT
[Last Edit: deadpunch] [#16]
Originally Posted By teamjawbox:

I'd get an OCM5 for now and also work to get an AEM5.  While the AE isn't the actual Ops 12, it's as close as you can get spec-wise, and is combined with the heritage of Ron Allen.  To me that is a huge part of owning the AEM5.  I did a backorder for mine and waited 9 months for it to come in, then started my paperwork where I'm about a month in.  It will have taken two years or so for me once I finally have it in hand.  

That said, I wanted to take my late mod 0 clone build as far as I could and a big part of that for me is the heritage and story behind each piece and how it relates to the program.  I've heard great things about the OCM5 and I may wind up owning one, but for the clones I think the AE has become synonymous with the MK12.  

I think it just comes down to what you're trying to accomplish. If you can do both, that'd have to be a win in my book
View Quote

I'm probably going to put up one of my O.G. Arms 38 Peq 2-3's (wingless) take-offs up for trade while I'm on a waiting list for the OCM5.  But if I get the OCM5 which probably won't be that hard, that beauty stays in the safe.  I just don't like waiting on wait lists.  ;)
Link Posted: 12/11/2021 4:16:20 PM EDT
[#17]
Getting the late mod 0 ready for the range.  Got some more IMI Razorcore to play with

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/11/2021 7:11:09 PM EDT
[#18]
Getting the late mod 0 ready for the range.  Got some more IMI Razorcore to play with

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/343681/GridArt_20211211_140527456_copy_1690x169-2200144.JPG
View Quote

OMG!

I think I need a change of pants.
Link Posted: 12/12/2021 11:07:59 PM EDT
[#19]
put my 3.5-10 illuminated mk4 in the EE to fund some m24 stuff. would cut someone from this thread a deal just shoot me a message
Link Posted: 12/13/2021 12:14:31 AM EDT
[Last Edit: teamjawbox] [#20]
Originally Posted By Markius-Fox:

OMG!

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Markius-Fox:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/343681/GridArt_20211211_140527456_copy_1690x169-2200144.JPG

OMG!

Am very happy with how it's turned out.  So much help from folks in this thread, with huge help from Hunterex.  Guy is a walking plethora of knowledge on all the variations made to various parts over the years.  Will be even better once Ringer706's foam comes in!  

Some room for improvement would be change out the scope for a TS30 A2 marked 3-9, welded latch charging handle latch, and swap ARMS swan sleeve out for a wingless one.  

Upper:
Surplus Colt AF receiver
Surplus Colt C stamped/MPC BCG
Surplus early PRI gen 3 handguard
Old style KAC bipod mount
Douglas 18" SS 1-7 barrel
Colt Vietnam era surplus tear drop forward assist
ARMS #40 rear sight (wingless)
ARMS #38 PEQ swan sleeve (winged)
Early PRI mod 0 FSGB (as issued on late mod 0)
AEMB and long collar
PRI Gas Buster (not welded latch)

Lower:
Intl Mill GM Hydramatic M16A1 repro
Geissele SSA
Surplus Vietnam era Colt M16 takeoff LPK
Surplus Vietnam era Colt A1 stock/rifle extension
Surplus Vietnam era Colt A1 pistol grip

Other:
Eagle Industries buttstock adapter w/old style UMSS
Dstepec's repro Eagle Industries TAS-1 sling
Old style KAC sling mount
2003 Leupold MRT 3-9x36 w/older ARMS #22M's w/o lever stops
Link Posted: 12/13/2021 6:23:03 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Tactical_Bucket] [#21]
Came across a MK12 Mod 1 case accessory list and I'm going to try and complete it. I just have one question, is there any source for the Black Hills ballisticards? Looks to me like the ballisticard deltamax but with black hills branding and contact info.. Thanks to ringer and dstepec and ebay and amazon I can basically get everything else. If the list is missing anything let me know please

1. DEWEY 22CF-30 5.56 Cleaning Rod
2. MILDOT Master range computer instruction book
3. PELICAN Case w/pre-cut foam
4. OTIS cleaning kit
5. MILDOT Master range card
6. Black Hills MK262 Ballisticard
7. TAS Sling
8. Round Count Log
9. Bore Guide

Attachment Attached File

credit to HogsLife on SnipersHide for the image
Link Posted: 12/13/2021 10:34:54 AM EDT
[Last Edit: teamjawbox] [#22]
Came across a MK12 Mod 1 case accessory list and I'm going to try and complete it. I just have one question, is there any source for the Black Hills ballisticards? Looks to me like the ballisticard deltamax but with black hills branding and contact info.. Thanks to ringer and dstepec and ebay and amazon I can basically get everything else. If the list is missing anything let me know please

1. DEWEY 22CF-30 5.56 Cleaning Rod
2. MILDOT Master range computer instruction book
3. PELICAN Case w/pre-cut foam
4. OTIS cleaning kit
5. MILDOT Master range card
6. Black Hills MK262 Ballisticard
7. TAS Sling
8. Round Count Log
9. Bore Guide

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/525856/9548E134-4D71-4AD0-B22F-82E39095A1AA_jpe-2202191.JPG
credit to HogsLife on SnipersHide for the image
View Quote

If I'm remembering right theywere actually made by Ballisticards, but they don't appear to offer that version currently to the public, not sure if they did in the past.  I have tried reaching out to them in the past and got no response.  Easiest thing to do would be to get @Ringer706 to take on the project.  I'm sure he can find the printing press they used to make it, buy it from an estate sale as it's probably sitting in probate, and we can raid the old warehouse and see if they still have any buckets of ink left.  

In all seriousness, I haven't been able to find a commercial source for them so getting repros is probably the quickest path other than finding some on the bay.

Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/13/2021 11:51:51 AM EDT
[Last Edit: ringer706] [#23]

If I'm remembering right theywere actually made by Ballisticards, but they don't appear to offer that version currently to the public, not sure if they did in the past.  I have tried reaching out to them in the past and got no response.  Easiest thing to do would be to get @Ringer706 to take on the project.  I'm sure he can find the printing press they used to make it, buy it from an estate sale as it's probably sitting in probate, and we can raid the old warehouse and see if they still have any buckets of ink left.  

In all seriousness, I haven't been able to find a commercial source for them so getting repros is probably the quickest path other than finding some on the bay.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/343681/1311_Mk12_Mod_0_Black_Hills_Dope_Card_fr-2202282.JPGhttps://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/343681/1311_Mk12_Mod_0_Black_Hills_Dope_Card_ba-2202283.JPG
View Quote

Stahhhp, you know I can't say no to a good project. I've already done a little digging on this but y'all have been keeping me too busy to look much further at the moment. For obvious reasons, I won't reprint these but when I have some breathing room I'll probably look more in to sourcing them.
Link Posted: 12/13/2021 1:13:46 PM EDT
[#24]
You can make an exact copy of that with Microsoft Excel.
Link Posted: 12/13/2021 2:08:16 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By ArmorerRoy:
View Quote

Need the printer info such as DPI settings and ink used, also what brand and stock of paper
Link Posted: 12/13/2021 4:00:08 PM EDT
[#26]

Need the printer info such as DPI settings and ink used, also what brand and stock of paper
View Quote

Yes also the nominal thickness and bonding method for the laminate process
Link Posted: 12/13/2021 8:08:11 PM EDT
[#27]

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/343681/1311_Mk12_Mod_0_Black_Hills_Dope_Card_fr-2202282.JPGhttps://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/343681/1311_Mk12_Mod_0_Black_Hills_Dope_Card_ba-2202283.JPG
View Quote

Your card is an earlier version of the one I have, not sure who it came from, probanly here. Also I have the appendix D obviously from someone here.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/13/2021 8:18:33 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By tamboi:

Your card is an earlier version of the one I have, not sure who it came from, probanly here. Also I have the appendix D obviously from someone here.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/28561/20211213_154838_jpg-2202963.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/28561/20211213_154847_jpg-2202964.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/28561/20211213_153959_jpg-2202966.JPG
View Quote

Yup that's the deltamax version, if anyone is packing around a stack of those and the appendix d I'd gladly like to talk to you about it
Link Posted: 12/13/2021 8:35:17 PM EDT
[Last Edit: teamjawbox] [#29]

View All Quotes

The pic of the card I posted was from the SH issued late mod 0 pic dump last year.  Pic of card from an issued late mod 0 deployment kit, not actually mine.  Forgot to credit when I posted the pic.
Link Posted: 12/14/2021 12:19:29 AM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By g56:

Surplus 1700 cases are gonna set you back a lot, cheaper to get a brand new case
View Quote

How much do they go for?
Link Posted: 12/14/2021 12:52:35 AM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By ArmorerRoy:
View Quote

Indeed, and it wouldn't take that long either, but ballisticards as best I can tell is still in business so it'd probably be illegal (and kind of a dick move) to copy a product they developed (especially one that's got a copyright), even if it is just a laminated card. The right way to do it would be to try and license it or have them produce a batch.
Link Posted: 12/14/2021 1:06:00 AM EDT
[#32]
I shot them an email and sent them a link to this thread. Well see what they say I guess, if anything.
Link Posted: 12/14/2021 8:56:59 AM EDT
[#33]
I shot them an email and sent them a link to this thread. Well see what they say I guess, if anything.
View Quote

I can't imagine these things are FLYING off the shelves, so it'd be puzzling if an order for say 100 rolled in, they would say no.
Link Posted: 12/14/2021 4:43:30 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TW56] [#34]
Originally Posted By ringer706:

I can't imagine these things are FLYING off the shelves, so it'd be puzzling if an order for say 100 rolled in, they would say no.
View Quote

I could not find a Black Hills 77 grain 5.56 in their currently available Ballisticards on their web site. I also sent them an email about availability.
Link Posted: 12/14/2021 6:44:53 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Zulu583] [#35]
For those who want to put their TS-30 out to beyond about 700m (the TS-30 only has 28 MOA of travel in elevation) follow these instructions:

1) Zero at 100m and slip the scales

2) Get a base-line MV while zeroing with a Magneto or Lab-Radar (this is optional) If a Chronograph isn’t available, use the baseline of 2750 fps for 18” guns and 2650 fps for 16” guns

3) Put all that data into a Ballistic Calculator (I prefer Kestral) (Set the Zero Distance at 100m and MV at the Base-Line)

4) Find where your Lot’s MV goes transonic (This is noted by a small dot in the Kestrel’s “Rem-V” column, likely around 600m) and True the MV at that distance (adjust the Base-Line to the True’d MV)

5) Return the Elevation to Zero / 100m Zero (remember you’re adjusting the elevation to True)

6) Go into the “Zero Distance” in the Ballistic Calculator and adjust to ~300m plus or minus 10m and monitor the Range Card until the 100m Data is “5-MOA Down” (this is a back and forth process, for instance my Zero Distance on my clone is 307m to get the 100m data to 5-MOA Down)

7) Slip the Scale to 5-MOA

8) Return the Elevation to Zero (Down 5 MOA) and shoot a group at the Zero Target @100m (it should impact 5.7 Inches HIGH)

9) Your 800m Data should be around 28 MOA Plus or Minus 0.5 MOA (depending on your True’d MV and Atmospheric Conditions / DA)

Great little tool Ballistic Calculator…..

ETA:  The 100m-250m (ish) DOPE will require you to aim LOW for a Center of Mass hit.  If you need to shoot precision inside of 300m (Police / Urban / CT Shooting (head-shots)) do NOT use this TTP without SUBSTANTIAL understanding and testing.
Link Posted: 12/14/2021 7:06:23 PM EDT
[Last Edit: deadpunch] [#36]
Hey my peeps.  If you're looking for an OCM5, hit these cats up.  https://www.stockpiledefense.com/contact/.  I bought one out of morbid curiosity and who does't want another can anyways???

They said they're getting 3-5 of them and are willing to take a few backorders on them.  Said they were supposed to have them this week but haven't arrived yet so couldn't give an exact ETA but offered a 40% down and pay the rest when it comes in or just pay it off.  Free form 3 shipping to your dealer.  They're somewhat local to me and I know them and they are legit and very nice people.  FWIW: You won't find the can listed on their website because they don't put it up if they don't have it on the shelf.

Good luck!

Link Posted: 12/15/2021 10:58:56 PM EDT
[#37]
Finally finished…  Thanks to my friend @MichaelJ for the paint work.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/15/2021 11:14:50 PM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By glockfan68:
Finally finished…  Thanks to my friend @MichaelJ for the paint work.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/111848/05B37BE4-44E7-4B8E-9928-43437B08657A_jpe-2205736.JPG
View Quote

Looking good.  Best I can tell I really like that lower.  Electro etched 80%?  My eyes may be failing me, but looks good!
Link Posted: 12/15/2021 11:28:01 PM EDT
[Last Edit: GlockfanUT] [#39]

Looking good.  Best I can tell I really like that lower.  Electro etched 80%?  My eyes may be failing me, but looks good!
View Quote

You are exactly right!  Here’s a “before paint” pic…

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 12/17/2021 8:28:42 PM EDT
[Last Edit: PerfectTurn] [#40]
Alright, for those of you that bought my slings… I have original 2003 sling swivels, but also repro OD UMSS adapters. I only have a handful for now, e-mail me through the site here and I’ll show you what I got, prices, etc. and can get them sent your way.

This is the piece that links the uncle mikes swivel to the main sling.
Link Posted: 12/18/2021 12:17:46 PM EDT
[#41]
Not my ad, but there is a Leupold Mk4 2.5-8x Illuminated Mil-Dot with 6.5 Grendel Turret on eBay right now that would make someone a decent clonish optic. eBay item number:334256314115
Link Posted: 12/19/2021 3:11:38 PM EDT
[#42]
I’m looking at doing a lighter build somewhat inspired by the MK12-0 and I have a few questions about the PRI handguards.  First, regarding the Gen 2 vs Gen 3, does anyone have an actual, measured weight on each?  The mfr website lists each at 1.03 pounds or 16.5oz all up.  Is this accurate, including barrel nuts and included rails?
Second, cloning requirements aside, what are the pluses and minuses of the Gen 2 vs Gen 3?  Thanks, I was unable to find any real info on this.
Link Posted: 12/19/2021 3:39:23 PM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By Capta:
I’m looking at doing a lighter build somewhat inspired by the MK12-0 and I have a few questions about the PRI handguards.  First, regarding the Gen 2 vs Gen 3, does anyone have an actual, measured weight on each?  The mfr website lists each at 1.03 pounds or 16.5oz all up.  Is this accurate, including barrel nuts and included rails?
Second, cloning requirements aside, what are the pluses and minuses of the Gen 2 vs Gen 3?  Thanks, I was unable to find any real info on this.
View Quote

If you’re looking to keep to a “clone-theme” and loose some of the bulk of the Mod 0 / 1, the Holland (Mod-H) was designed specifically to do just that.  Pretty much any 2010-2019 version collapsible stock and SOPMOD optic and / or TS-30 would still be clone correct as well.  We (guys on teams) put whatever we needed to on them for a given mission.  I have personally ran everything from a TS-30 to an EOTECH mission depending.  

Just a suggestion…..
Link Posted: 12/19/2021 6:50:15 PM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By USMCSGT0331:
I was looking at some parts and realized I have 5 different versions of the PRI Gasbuster charging handle. Just thought it was interesting and the pics might be useful if anyone is looking for specific variations.

https://i.imgur.com/FpZQfD9.jpeg
https://i.imgur.com/niNCMQ8.jpeg
https://i.imgur.com/B4A7w34.jpeg
https://i.imgur.com/2MtrIW3.jpeg

Also picked up a few random parts this week, some are for the Mk12. Does anyone know what the FDE coated KAC bipods mounts were used on? Maybe a Mod H or some other kind of rifle? I have no idea if the FDE was done at KAC or at Crane (I got these from a Navy vet, they're surplus parts).

https://i.imgur.com/vrkVPTX.jpeg
https://i.imgur.com/254kv89.jpeg
View Quote

Excellent PRI CH reference pics.  Thanks!

Trying to find a PRI Mounts web addy marked one at the moment and your pics make for great reference.
Link Posted: 12/19/2021 7:36:55 PM EDT
[#45]
If anyone is looking for a barrel I've got a complete 18" mk12 barrel assy from centurion I'm looking to offload.
Link Posted: 12/19/2021 10:43:10 PM EDT
[#46]
Hello AR15.com community,

Im having trouble getting the recce rail to line up with the hand-guard and upper. It seems that the hand-guard needs to come back 3/16ths of an inch to get the holes to line up.  I see that tightening the handgaurd nut bring clearly brings the handgaurd back but it can’t tighten it any further.

Would tightening the barrel nut help at all?

Any info is appreciated.
Stephen
Link Posted: 12/19/2021 10:54:40 PM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By Pcheck62:

Im having trouble getting the recce rail to line up with the hand-guard and upper. It seems that the hand-guard needs to come back 3/16ths of an inch to get the holes to line up.  I see that tightening the handgaurd nut bring clearly brings the handgaurd back but it can't tighten it any further.

Any info is appreciated.
Stephen
View Quote
Loosen the screws on the top rail of the tube. That should give you enough wiggle room. Once you get them lined up, tighten those screws and then install your recce rail.
Link Posted: 12/19/2021 11:39:03 PM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By secretwheelman:
Loosen the screws on the top rail of the tube. That should give you enough wiggle room. Once you get them lined up, tighten those screws and then install your recce rail.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By secretwheelman:
Originally Posted By Pcheck62:

Im having trouble getting the recce rail to line up with the hand-guard and upper. It seems that the hand-guard needs to come back 3/16ths of an inch to get the holes to line up.  I see that tightening the handgaurd nut bring clearly brings the handgaurd back but it can't tighten it any further.

Any info is appreciated.
Stephen

Thisness. Mine was the same way.
Link Posted: 12/19/2021 11:53:15 PM EDT
[#49]
Thank you so much. I had no clue that the top rail had that much play in it. Sure enough I backed out two of the screws far enough to loose the threaded plate on the interior. So I had to take the hand guard off to get it back on. No biggie, lots of learning today.

Thanks again.
Link Posted: 12/20/2021 10:46:12 AM EDT
[Last Edit: teamjawbox] [#50]
Anyone else see the EE ad for a current slab side TS30A2 with the tether and alignment markings for a whopping $2700 with no mount?  I wanted to reply with a link to Larues website where it's $600 cheaper and includes a Larue mount.  

I sincerely hope no one pays that.  I'll sell one for $2400 if that's the case.  And I'll just order one from Larue and have it shipped to the buyers house and pocket the extra cash.

Just a bit of advice for any lurkers here.  If you spend that kinda cash you should be getting an immaculate surplus MK12 takeoff scope with rings included and the seller should also buy you dinner at Ruth's Chris
Page / 1177
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top