Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Page / 1177
Link Posted: 5/7/2021 6:12:33 PM EDT
[#1]
I've had a backorder in with DSG since December.  All their backorder slots are full (what I was told anyway), so hopefully I'll at least get to start the real wait soon.
Link Posted: 5/7/2021 7:54:09 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By stainlineho:

Don’t think you can really call it a rumor since it came from the man himself, but that is good news that he will be staying active.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By deadpunch:

It's not true.  Ron is still pumping them out.  I put to bed the "retirement" rumor as well.  Spoke to him about a month ago and he kinda chuckled about it.  He said that he's merely going back to a 40 hour work week.

Don’t think you can really call it a rumor since it came from the man himself, but that is good news that he will be staying active.

That little tid bid was omitted when I talked to him. Sounds like he said one thing one day, scared us, then changed his mind.  I stand corrected.  Anyhow yeah, glad we can still get them.
Link Posted: 5/7/2021 8:25:21 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By Gremyashchy1911:

One on GunBroker but it’s high, other then that jump on a waiting list. I got lucky and found mine in a retail store for a lead and grabbed it turn of the year.
https://www.gunbroker.com/item/899844293
View Quote

Oh my god
Link Posted: 5/7/2021 8:41:57 PM EDT
[#4]
Do the correct KAC sling studs ever come around?  Or the KAC MWS bipod mount with correct markings (for mod 0)?  I've been looking for several months now and have come across neither, but could certainly be that I'm just missing them.  Curious when the last time anyone saw either of those were.
Link Posted: 5/7/2021 8:50:06 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By teamjawbox:
Do the correct KAC sling studs ever come around?  Or the KAC MWS bipod mount with correct markings (for mod 0)?  I've been looking for several months now and have come across neither, but could certainly be that I'm just missing them.  Curious when the last time anyone saw either of those were.
View Quote

Operations parts gets the KAC sling studs with the Uncle Mikes about every 6-9 months.  I got one by signing up for in-stock notifications.
Link Posted: 5/7/2021 9:13:09 PM EDT
[#6]
The KAC 98721 is instock at Operation parts now. Not sure if it’s the correct one and I know the Uncle Mike’s is incorrect on it but it works for me until better comes along. Two showed up in the EE a few weeks ago and got gone quick both older style.
Link Posted: 5/7/2021 9:25:59 PM EDT
[#7]
The sling studs that come with that don't appear to be correct.  At least from what I can see.  Also the markings on the adapter itself appear different.  The pics I saw of an issued gen 3 mod 0 had a KAC logo instead of the text with NSN and all that.  I'll dig up pics of both to try and show what I'm talking about.
Link Posted: 5/7/2021 9:32:14 PM EDT
[Last Edit: teamjawbox] [#8]
Here's a pic of issued vs modern available I got from Operation Parts

The stud is different and the markings on the mount itself are different.

Edit:  Top is issued gen 3 mod 0, bottom is mine.

Attachment Attached File

And more of the issued one from the other side (no markings).

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/7/2021 9:37:21 PM EDT
[#9]

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/343681/20210507_203335-COLLAGE_jpg-1933769.JPG
View Quote

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 5/7/2021 9:38:17 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By kmcale:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/343681/20210507_203335-COLLAGE_jpg-1933769.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/488238/20210507_203450_jpg-1933771.JPG
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/488238/20210507_203513_jpg-1933772.JPG

Thank you!!  That's exactly what I was looking for.  Such a better view.
Link Posted: 5/8/2021 1:21:04 AM EDT
[Last Edit: mstennes] [#11]
Originally Posted By BlueDevilBrew:

JFC the seller bridged the gap.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By BlueDevilBrew:

JFC I paid $625 for mine.

JFC the seller bridged the gap.

$1525.00 and 6 days left?? What hell?
Link Posted: 5/8/2021 6:31:31 AM EDT
[Last Edit: edwin907] [#12]
Originally Posted By mstennes:

$1525.00 and 6 days left?? What hell?
View Quote

CRAP.
What would an original 5.56 marked OPS 12th model run?
Except mine doesn't say 12th Model on it anywhere.
But it is absolutely a OPS 12th Model 5.56.
Anybody else got a pic of their engraving?

Link Posted: 5/8/2021 9:35:52 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 5/8/2021 4:42:48 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Samson-Dogg] [#14]
I was under the impression the 12th models were marked that way. I have an ops 15th model that is marked like the 2 pics above M4.
Link Posted: 5/8/2021 6:15:26 PM EDT
[#15]
Not complete, still waiting on the lower to come in, need to properly seat the gas block and torque the brake, missing the BCG, etc. but I went ahead and robbed some parts off my mod 0 piece pile to mock up the mod 1.  Should receive the missing parts sometime this month, aside from AEM5.  God only nows when that's gonna show up (or maybe only Ron knows! ).

Overall I think it's gonna come out pretty good. Still debating between A1 or SOPMOD stock, but gonna start with A1.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/8/2021 6:54:35 PM EDT
[#16]
Not complete, still waiting on the lower to come in, need to properly seat the gas block and torque the brake, missing the BCG, etc. but I went ahead and robbed some parts off my mod 0 piece pile to mock up the mod 1.  Should receive the missing parts sometime this month, aside from AEM5.  God only nows when that's gonna show up (or maybe only Ron knows! ).

Overall I think it's gonna come out pretty good. Still debating between A1 or SOPMOD stock, but gonna start with A1.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/343681/20210508_170931_jpg-1934825.JPG
View Quote

Man that’s a nice looking rifle  those TS-30 scopes look so right on a mod1.  Sure it’s a slab side illumination but still just fits the rifles size.
Link Posted: 5/8/2021 8:29:36 PM EDT
[Last Edit: teamjawbox] [#17]

Man that’s a nice looking rifle  those TS-30 scopes look so right on a mod1.  Sure it’s a slab side illumination but still just fits the rifles size.
View All Quotes

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/343681/20210508_170931_jpg-1934825.JPG

Agreed.  The profile of it just fits.  Don't know how else to describe it.

Edit: Wound up doing Badger MK12 gas block and you guys were spot on.  Took a bit of effort to get it on there, LOL. Nothing a rubber mallet couldn't handle, but definitely took some elbow grease.  That scope is a Y suffix so newer 2013 but will be on here until something more correct comes along.  I have an '03 and '04 3-9x36 and 3.5-10x40 that are on the Mod 0 and H.  Though the LRT has had the illum housing replaced with the newer slab side after it went to Leupold for maintenance.  If you have a round one and want to keep it that way be very leery of sending it to Leupold for maintenance, LOL.
Link Posted: 5/8/2021 10:48:11 PM EDT
[Last Edit: red6actual] [#18]
Link Posted: 5/8/2021 11:30:27 PM EDT
[#19]

That is awesome.  You just have that laying around or did you find a good score?
Link Posted: 5/8/2021 11:35:28 PM EDT
[#20]
In my extra parts box...
Link Posted: 5/8/2021 11:38:06 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By RMiller:
In my extra parts box...
View Quote

Awesome!  If you decide you don't need it keep a feller in mind
Link Posted: 5/9/2021 1:08:51 PM EDT
[#22]

And more of the issued one from the other side (no markings).

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/343681/20210507_203653-COLLAGE_jpg-1933773.JPG
View Quote

So are the correct issued sling studs an older KAC production item? I have a sling stud obtained directly from Knights Armament that looks like the one that would come in an operation parts RAS sling adapter. This is considered the modern production KAC stud?

Last question, are Uncle Mike's sling swivels another part that has changed over the years? The photo on page one there appears to be an Uncle Mike's type sling swivel partially shown.
Link Posted: 5/9/2021 1:18:46 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By TW56:

So are the correct issued sling studs an older KAC production item? I have a sling stud obtained directly from Knights Armament that looks like the one that would come in an operation parts RAS sling adapter. This is considered the modern production KAC stud?

Last question, are Uncle Mike's sling swivels another part that has changed over the years? The photo on page one there appears to be an Uncle Mike's type sling swivel partially shown.
View Quote

Correct sling mount changed a little bit. Current style was used late with USMC Mod 1s.  Earlier ones won't have the logo and usually have a socket head screw. Stands to reason that the above unmarked with current style screw was also used at some point.

The Uncle Mikes have changed three-four times that I know. Current shiny ones are a shadow of their former quality.
Link Posted: 5/9/2021 1:21:23 PM EDT
[Last Edit: kmcale] [#24]
Attachment Attached File

Current - "early" (2004 production per the packaging)
Link Posted: 5/9/2021 1:33:19 PM EDT
[#25]
^^^ this the last part that I need.
Are they available anywhere? All I see are the oval style not the square(ish) style.
Link Posted: 5/9/2021 1:48:57 PM EDT
[#26]
You'll need to look for the swivel with an sku of 14023. Optics Planet and Walmart allegedly has them in-stock. The one's I bought off Amazon weren't blued, but the same pattern.
Link Posted: 5/9/2021 1:52:39 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By Markius-Fox:
You'll need to look for the swivel with an sku of 14023. Optics Planet and Walmart allegedly has them in-stock. The one's I bought off Amazon weren't blued, but the same pattern.
View Quote

I bought some of these off Amazon that were not blued and was able to get them close to the original color with several coats of Birchwood Casey Perma Blue.  
Link Posted: 5/9/2021 1:58:21 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By jkacg1:

I bought some of these off Amazon that were not blued and was able to get them close to the original color with several coats of Birchwood Casey Perma Blue.  
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By jkacg1:
Originally Posted By Markius-Fox:

@Ditch-Tiger if you want one of the 14023 sku's that's non-blued to try this with PM me your addy and I'll mail you one.
Link Posted: 5/9/2021 2:05:29 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Ditch-Tiger] [#29]
That's awesome; Thank you so much!!!

PM sent.
Link Posted: 5/9/2021 2:25:59 PM EDT
[#30]
anyone have any ITW pics of a TS30-A2 3-9x non-illuminated? K suffix - 2002. Has the correct mk12 ''.223 REM / 5.56mm 62GR.' turrets. Talked to @USMCSGT0331 about it yesterday and he suggested perhaps the unit requested they be converted to non-illuminated. Had they been converted at leupold as a repair, they would have certainly been fixed with illumination again, or slab sides if later repairs.  Bit of a mystery on these.

Link Posted: 5/9/2021 3:05:50 PM EDT
[#31]
The sling studs that come with that don't appear to be correct.  At least from what I can see.  Also the markings on the adapter itself appear different.  The pics I saw of an issued gen 3 mod 0 had a KAC logo instead of the text with NSN and all that.  I'll dig up pics of both to try and show what I'm talking about.
View Quote

That is awesome.  You just have that laying around or did you find a good score?
View Quote

Correct KAC Rail Mount Sling Swivel Adapter Military Part #97027 (P/N: 98721) for a MK12 MOD0:

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 5/9/2021 3:13:38 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ilikebmxbikes] [#32]
Here is what my mod 1 kit came with.

Link Posted: 5/9/2021 3:33:03 PM EDT
[#33]
Page 1071 is straight up kicking ass for part specs!
Link Posted: 5/9/2021 6:55:22 PM EDT
[#34]
If you are in Facebooks CRA Service Clones page, I have a few detailed albums saved there. Here is a couple of screen grabs that I did of a 'Titusville' sling adapter that I bought new in box in 2018.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

If someone here isn't active in the FB post I could post some photos back here.
Link Posted: 5/9/2021 7:03:53 PM EDT
[#35]
I additionally have an initial SOPMOD sling kit that I put detailed photos of in the Facebook US military clones group. Since these kits were issued with the intial SOPMOD kits, they could have been used with the early MK. 12's.

Here is a few screen shots of my album there. If there is something that you want to see more of let me know.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/9/2021 7:53:21 PM EDT
[#36]

Interesting.  Even the hex bolt is different between the pic of the issued gen 3 mod 0 and the documentation.  The one on the issued doesn't appear to be slotted for a flat head as well as hex.  Its like they were just using a jumbled bunch of parts or whatever they had readily available.  I'm gonna have to try to hit Fastenal and find a bolt!
Link Posted: 5/9/2021 9:32:41 PM EDT
[#37]
A thank you for answering my questions regarding sling studs and sling swivels. Love the pictures!
Link Posted: 5/10/2021 9:56:52 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Charger1234] [#38]
Who here has extensive use of the mod 1 rifles here?  We had one in Iraq but only rarely touched it because it wasn't our primary job to shoot people (we were a reconnaissance company) and the way that it came was a little jacked up in our opinion.  It had the old M24 scope on it, but mounted in the standard A.R.M.S. scope rings; but the forward ring was mounted on the handguard rail and on my recreation of our rifle I'm doing I won't mount a scope ring to that rail.  I don't trust it.  
So now I'm torn with having the scope ocular lens about an inch rearward of the charging handle (which is still semi ok for my eye relief) or using a cantilever AR scope mount bringing the scope an inch forward.

My question is this; was the ARMS rings the ONLY way you've seen these rifles set up with?  Or were there any issue ar specific cantilever mounts on your rifles.   Thanks for the info.
Link Posted: 5/10/2021 10:40:28 AM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By Charger1234:
Who here has extensive use of the mod 1 rifles here?  We had one in Iraq but only rarely touched it because it wasn't our primary job to shoot people (we were a reconnaissance company) and the way that it came was a little jacked up in our opinion.  It had the old M24 scope on it, but mounted in the standard A.R.M.S. scope rings; but the forward ring was mounted on the handguard rail and on my recreation of our rifle I'm doing I won't mount a scope ring to that rail.  I don't trust it.  
So now I'm torn with having the scope ocular lens about an inch rearward of the charging handle (which is still semi ok for my eye relief) or using a cantilever AR scope mount bringing the scope an inch forward.

My question is this; was the ARMS rings the ONLY way you've seen these rifles set up with?  Or were there any issue ar specific cantilever mounts on your rifles.   Thanks for the info.
View Quote
Swan sleeve.

Link Posted: 5/10/2021 11:20:35 AM EDT
[#40]
I want one of those Swan Sleeves
Link Posted: 5/10/2021 11:40:53 AM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By Minuteman1636:
I additionally have an initial SOPMOD sling kit that I put detailed photos of in the Facebook US military clones group. Since these kits were issued with the intial SOPMOD kits, they could have been used with the early MK. 12's.

Here is a few screen shots of my album there. If there is something that you want to see more of let me know.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/336740/Screenshot_20210509-175811_Facebook_jpg-1936163.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/336740/Screenshot_20210509-175709_Facebook_jpg-1936164.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/336740/Screenshot_20210509-175723_Facebook_jpg-1936165.JPG
View Quote

Great info, I have one of these kits as well.
Link Posted: 5/10/2021 12:02:11 PM EDT
[#42]
Here is one with a 10x m3a or m3.  If you need one of these scopes let me know.

Link Posted: 5/10/2021 7:17:07 PM EDT
[#43]
That rail looks familiar
Link Posted: 5/10/2021 7:19:01 PM EDT
[Last Edit: PerfectTurn] [#44]

Knew it looked familiar.... Found this in a local gun store clearance/used bin a couple weeks back.

Link Posted: 5/10/2021 9:19:34 PM EDT
[#45]
Buy a lottery ticket cause you got great luck.
Link Posted: 5/10/2021 11:20:36 PM EDT
[#46]
Anyone happen to know what time of year KAC puts out runs with rifle-lenth RAS's for the mod 1's or if it's randomly released in the past?  Not in a rush for it, just bored of looking for it every day.
Link Posted: 5/11/2021 12:00:02 AM EDT
[#47]
Anyone happen to know what time of year KAC puts out runs with rifle-lenth RAS's for the mod 1's or if it's randomly released in the past?  Not in a rush for it, just bored of looking for it every day.
View Quote

No dice from the WTB post on the EE?
Link Posted: 5/11/2021 12:01:19 AM EDT
[Last Edit: deadpunch] [#48]

View Quote

Negative.  Little surprised.  It's not like it's an ultra rare hard to find item.  I'm just always late to the dance when one gets posted up.
Link Posted: 5/11/2021 12:04:51 AM EDT
[#49]

Negative.
View All Quotes

Negative.

Darn.  I pinged the guy that sold me mine and asked if he had another or if he knew anyone that had one and he replied back stating all he had left was a URX.  Said he'd reach out if he got his hands on another long RAS though.  If he pings me again I'll definitely reach out.
Link Posted: 5/11/2021 12:23:34 AM EDT
[#50]

Darn.  I pinged the guy that sold me mine and asked if he had another or if he knew anyone that had one and he replied back stating all he had left was a URX.  Said he'd reach out if he got his hands on another long RAS though.  If he pings me again I'll definitely reach out.
View All Quotes

Negative.

All good homey, appreciate the look out.  I think it's the MK12 god's telling me I have too many builds going at once and my bank account telling me to slow the hell down.  :)
Page / 1177
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top