BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Page / 1178
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 9:57:28 PM EDT
[#1]
I posted this in the Allen Engineering thread in the silencer forum. A member there grabbed the second one.
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 10:47:43 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Hunterex:

That's the one.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Hunterex:
Originally Posted By tamboi:
One on the right is correct?

https://www.ar15-backup.com/media/mediaFiles/28561/20210111_142652_jpg-1775353.JPG

That's the one.

Thanks
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 5:06:18 PM EDT
[#3]
Capital Armory has Allen brakes and collars in stock as of 10 mins ago...one part closer to finishing my mod1
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 9:46:27 PM EDT
[#4]

I have been searching for an ace socom stock every day for over a year, seen several wrong generation models. and missed 2 accurate ones that popped up in a YEAR. however, i just want to thank you because this post gave me the courage to just go ahead with my CTR and stop holding the project up! :)
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 11:23:08 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By oneofus:

I have been searching for an ace socom stock every day for over a year, seen several wrong generation models. and missed 2 accurate ones that popped up in a YEAR. however, i just want to thank you because this post gave me the courage to just go ahead with my CTR and stop holding the project up! :)
View Quote

I hate it but I just listed one in the EE.

ACE SOCOM Gen 1
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 12:31:57 PM EDT
[#6]
What buffer for mod h?
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 12:34:34 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By UndrGrndPrdcts:
What buffer for mod h?
View Quote

I use a heavy, but know someone that uses H2
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 12:52:36 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By kmcale:

View All Quotes
What buffer for mod h?

I've been using an H2 with my Douglas barrel and it shoots nice but is throwing brass to 4:30+ when clean and lubed. Also getting like no gas to face. I'm thinking H may be more reliable when it gets sluggish.
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 12:55:48 PM EDT
[#9]
I need to go find the ACE stock breakdown post again.

Remember kids, the Holland stocks are Gen 3. Solid gusset, threads for sling swivels, back of stock button is square cutout.

Older gens have a reversible collar with built in sling loop, and some may have had the Gen 3 style gusset but a Gen 1 style stock with round button cutout.

Surprised nobody has tried to buy the Gen 4 and the blank clamp gusset Doublestar sells and mod a Gen 3 clone stock yet, but I think the Gen 4 also has some changes to the stock body itself. That said, it might make for a much better stand-in for those not wanting to hunt an original down.

I still don't get the pricing on these stocks btw, I got one NOS from Doublestar a year or two back and they even had an extra carbine tube laying around, I think I spent 160 shipped? But, then I cheated and got a legit takeoff stock so that one went to a new home and the rifle tube to someone building Nikiel09's style Holland.
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 1:22:29 PM EDT
[Last Edit: kmcale] [#10]

I've been using an H2 with my Douglas barrel and it shoots nice but is throwing brass to 4:30+ when clean and lubed. Also getting like no gas to face. I'm thinking H may be more reliable when it gets sluggish.
View Quote

I havent had issue with the heavy, but I also havent shot it much..

Originally Posted By lancecriminal86:

Remember kids, the Holland stocks are Gen 3. Solid gusset, threads for sling swivels, back of stock button is square cutout.

Older gens have a reversible collar with built in sling loop, and some may have had the Gen 3 style gusset but a Gen 1 style stock with round button cutout.

Surprised nobody has tried to buy the Gen 4 and the blank clamp gusset Doublestar sells and mod a Gen 3 clone stock yet, but I think the Gen 4 also has some changes to the stock body itself. That said, it might make for a much better stand-in for those not wanting to hunt an original down.

I still don't get the pricing on these stocks btw, I got one NOS from Doublestar a year or two back and they even had an extra carbine tube laying around, I think I spent 160 shipped? But, then I cheated and got a legit takeoff stock so that one went to a new home and the rifle tube to someone building Nikiel09's style Holland.
View Quote

The one posted above is the square cutout on the reverse side of the button.

The ACE I currently have is a Gen 1 with the round cutout, and sling loop on gusset. Just looking for parts to correct what I got. As for price, idk? Clone points?

ETA: per the links provided below, the stock listed was a Gen 3 and not a Gen 1
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 1:25:08 PM EDT
[#11]

View Quote

was just looking at it last night page 71 of the Holland thread

also the reply from Doublestar about the differences here on pg 25

I was going to order one of those gussets from Doublestar to do just that, but the serration on the base of the gen4 stocks always sticks out more to me than the button cuttout.

I actually found a square button Gen 3 yesterday a guy has on an abortion of a 50ae AR. Made him an offer for just the stock but doesn't want to part it out
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 1:34:08 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By TheShlouf:

was just looking at it last night page 71 of the Holland thread

also the reply from Doublestar about the differences here on pg 25

I was going to order one of those gussets from Doublestar to do just that, but the serration on the base of the gen4 stocks always sticks out more to me than the button cuttout.

I actually found a square button Gen 3 yesterday a guy has on an abortion of a 50ae AR. Made him an offer for just the stock but doesn't want to part it out
View Quote

If he's selling the whole gun might be worth it in upcoming political circumstances. I'm terrible at flipping stuff but I know some of y'all almost entirely fund your builds on finding good stuff and making enough on the EE to buy/trade for what you need. I know some guys in this thread have bought whole guns or scopes just to get rings or a front sight.
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 2:45:30 PM EDT
[#13]

View Quote

This is very helpful info.  Am finishing up a Mod and moving to a mod H next.  Had just started looking into the Ace stocks last night.  Thanks!
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 2:46:38 PM EDT
[Last Edit: mstennes] [#14]

If he's selling the whole gun might be worth it in upcoming political circumstances. I'm terrible at flipping stuff but I know some of y'all almost entirely fund your builds on finding good stuff and making enough on the EE to buy/trade for what you need.I know some guys in this thread have bought whole guns or scopes just to get rings or a front sight.
View Quote

I’m glad I’m not the only one to have done that in the past.
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 5:41:44 PM EDT
[#15]
I think i have the right ace gen 3 for a mod H, can anyone confirm? bought it off the EE about 2 years ago from one of you i think.

Link Posted: 1/13/2021 5:42:31 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By JLAudio:
I think i have the right ace gen 3 for a mod H, can anyone confirm? bought it off the EE about 2 years ago from one of you i think.

https://i.imgur.com/U2OJV8g.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/JATN6aF.jpg
View Quote

That's the one
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 6:43:58 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By JLAudio:

https://i.imgur.com/U2OJV8g.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/JATN6aF.jpg
View Quote

I don't want to admit it but that stock has kiiinda grown on me.
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 7:40:47 PM EDT
[#18]
Alright. The mod H stuff has to stop. I only have cash to finish out my mod 1 and think about what to do with this second A1 receiver. I don’t need any help with ideas...

Link Posted: 1/13/2021 7:47:49 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By Gremyashchy1911:
Alright. The mod H stuff has to stop. I only have cash to finish out my mod 1 and think about what to do with this second A1 receiver. I don’t need any help with ideas...

View Quote

Mod 0 that shit
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 7:51:50 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 7:57:47 PM EDT
[#21]

Link Posted: 1/13/2021 8:32:47 PM EDT
[#22]

View Quote

Mod H is best mod.
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 8:56:36 PM EDT
[#23]

Mod H is best mod.
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/13/2021 8:58:16 PM EDT
[#24]

https://i.imgur.com/d2uPmqw.jpg

View All Quotes

Mod H is best mod.

https://i.imgur.com/d2uPmqw.jpg

Your pics are some of my favs, especially the ones with dead animals. I really need a 3.5-10.
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 9:02:12 PM EDT
[Last Edit: kmcale] [#25]
Mod H is alright. Theres just something about a good 0 that really hits the spot for me
(Gen 1 ACE will soon be replaced with correct Gen 3)
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 12:19:36 AM EDT
[#26]
Is PRI the only true clone correct barrel?  Lots of great options out there I know, but I want the real deal contract barrel.  My Rainier 1:8 Wylde just isn't clone enough for me anymore.
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 12:30:45 AM EDT
[#27]
Scope came today.  Getting it setup.  One step closer!

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 12:35:32 AM EDT
[Last Edit: kmcale] [#28]
Originally Posted By BlueDevilBrew:
Is PRI the only true clone correct barrel?  Lots of great options out there I know, but I want the real deal contract barrel.  My Rainier 1:8 Wylde just isn't clone enough for me anymore.
View Quote

Idk about contract barrel unless you're trying to get a take off.. I'd say get a CLE, HCS or PRI douglas and you'd be good to go

ETA: I have HCS and CLE, both are excellent and would recommend to anybody. Kevin is great to deal with, and Frank/CLE customer service is top notch
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 12:58:03 AM EDT
[#29]

Idk about contract barrel unless you're trying to get a take off.. I'd say get a CLE, HCS or PRI douglas and you'd be good to go

ETA: I have HCS and CLE, both are excellent and would recommend to anybody. Kevin is great to deal with, and Frank/CLE customer service is top notch
View Quote

Thanks, I'll reach out to HCS to see what barrels they're using for their builds.  They're not turning their own Douglas blanks right?

I was going to pull the trigger on a CLE, but they have their own chamber that is slightly different than issued.  Great barrel, and I might order one, but thought I'd confirm if there's an option with correct chamber spec.
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 1:07:38 AM EDT
[Last Edit: kmcale] [#30]

Thanks, I'll reach out to HCS to see what barrels they're using for their builds.  They're not turning their own Douglas blanks right?

I was going to pull the trigger on a CLE, but they have their own chamber that is slightly different than issued.  Great barrel, and I might order one, but thought I'd confirm if there's an option with correct chamber spec.
View Quote

HCS has a cool factor too, iirc, Kevin sold a number of his Mod 1s to Hollywood for use in the movie Lone Survivor.

I dont know much of their production, when I ordered a few years ago I was told "blanks were sent off to Alan to be turned", makes it seem like they are contracted out. Be that as it may, it turned out great, get proper turns for the can, and 0 issues ~2k rounds later.
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 1:48:29 PM EDT
[#31]
View Quote

Douglas barrels was contracted, not because they the "best", but because they were good enough and able to provide the quantity needed in a timely fashion. White Oak Armament and Compass Lake Engineering profiles their barrels to SPR specs. ADCO Firearms will do the same installing the Ops Inc./Allen Engineering collars and muzzle brakes. Having shot lots of WOA and a few CLE barrels I can testify that they shoot lights out. Never seen a bad one yet.
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 5:09:55 PM EDT
[Last Edit: edwin907] [#32]
I've got CLE Krieger 18" SPR and 16" Recon lightweight profile barrels that are the best I have ever had/seen.
I get about 0.25 MOA POI shift straight down (6PM) with the 18" Mod0 when mounting the OPS 12th.
I get ZERO MOA shift on the 16" when mounting the 12th.  4.5 to 5 turns with the suppressor on all (three including the Douglas).
Both barrels are sub MOA @ 500+ meters with MK262 ammo.
The Mod0 has never shot anything else.
The 16" is also @ or near MOA with Hornady 75gr 223 or 5.56 T2 75gr.
Both barrels were special ordered by Jason @ JTAC who supplied them to me years ago.
The 18" was pre-broken in, the 16" needed about 120 to 150 rounds to settle in.

My other Mod1 "ish" 18" is a Douglas.  
On a rare day the Krieger can outshoot it with me driving.
I did say "rare."
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 6:56:47 PM EDT
[#33]
My Douglas barrel was a whore to find a load for, but now that I did, it shoots fantastic
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 7:55:31 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Gremyashchy1911] [#34]
I’ve thought about doing a Mod 0 or a Mod H in 6mm AR or 6.8 spc but I know that bars the rules of cloning. Running out of time to make up my mind and get a suppressor made tho.  To me a Mod 0 looks best with the straight PRI tubes and those hard to find so I may do a Mod H as I’ve seen more of them with the Gen3 tubes.  Correct me if I’m wrong.
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 8:02:07 PM EDT
[#35]
I’ve thought about doing a Mod 0 or a Mod H in 6mm AR or 6.8 spc but I know that bars the rules of cloning. Running out of time to make up my mind and get a suppressor made tho.  To me a Mod 0 looks best with the straight PRI tubes and those hard to find so I may do a Mod H as I’ve seen more of them with the Gen3 tubes.  Correct me if I’m wrong.
View Quote

You mean the old style gen 2 tubes? They show ample stock for all 3 colors at PRI right meow
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 8:05:23 PM EDT
[#36]
Does anyone have any tutorial or recommendations on how to get my lower to be more of the light colt grey color? I have a brn a1 and got it in grey but it’s still too dark to my liking
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 8:08:22 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Engineer5] [#37]
View Quote

Guys have done 6.8 and 6.5G's before and I'm sure others.

Also PRI offers their "Retro" tubes.  Which resemble the earlier versions.

PRI "Retro"
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 8:09:41 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Engineer5] [#38]
Originally Posted By bachn2324:
Does anyone have any tutorial or recommendations on how to get my lower to be more of the light colt grey color? I have a brn a1 and got it in grey but it’s still too dark to my liking
View Quote

Krylon fixes all.

Link Posted: 1/14/2021 8:38:14 PM EDT
[#39]
Well I stand corrected. It’s been a while from the last time I looked at PRI stuff because I knew I would end up having to have one correct and we all know how much that’s gonna cost. But I guess if I’m not going to be full clone as far as caliber a “newer” old handguard wouldn’t be too bad.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 12:27:09 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Maglan] [#40]
I have a 16” PRI SPR profile barrel that’s marked “PRI 1/8 1/17” under the handguard near the chamber, and “1/8D” near the muzzle. Does that mean it’s a Douglass blank?
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 12:27:47 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Maglan] [#41]
Double post
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 12:29:31 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Maglan] [#42]
Triple post
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 3:10:16 PM EDT
[#43]
I have two new in the package Mk12 slings from the dstepec run I’m posting tonight in the EE. Letting you guys have first choice. IM me if you’re interested.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 4:16:38 PM EDT
[#44]
I thought y'all might appreciate a heads up. I just posted my Leupold 112633 for sale in the EE.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 4:47:37 PM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By Crunchy03:
I thought y'all might appreciate a heads up. I just posted my Leupold 112633 for sale in the EE.
View Quote

(sighs in relief it wasn't a 3.5-10)
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 8:48:03 PM EDT
[#46]

View All Quotes

@UndrGrndPrdcts Why? Are looking for a 3.5-10x40 Illum Mk4?
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 9:23:11 PM EDT
[#47]
Couldn’t bring myself to buy a set of ARMS rings for the mod1 so I put it on the H. I’m really digging it.

Link Posted: 1/15/2021 11:05:04 PM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By stoner63a:
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By stoner63a:

Casually looking for a 3.5-10 for my H but don't really want to buy one right now.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 7:01:19 AM EDT
[#49]
Went and paid my transfer fee yesterday for my AEM5 and sent the paperwork off to silencer shop. Now the wait begins
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 2:15:42 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By unstabl:
I have two new in the package Mk12 slings from the dstepec run I’m posting tonight in the EE. Letting you guys have first choice. IM me if you’re interested.
View Quote

@unstabl  Payment and shipping info for one sent per our comms.  Posting for feedback.

Thanks!
Page / 1178
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top