AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Page / 262
Link Posted: 5/12/2023 4:51:29 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History

Nice!

Link Posted: 5/13/2023 6:59:50 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Ch0b0] [#2]

Gonna go with a Razor 1-6 in MRAD eventually.

What's the deal with the SU-300/PVS? Doing some basic googling just shows it is a Razor 1-6 with an EBR-7F reticle. Was it just Vortex's bid for the SFP s-vps that lost to the Sig Tango? Or just made for a certain unit? Pic of the reticle from an archived thread.

Link Posted: 5/13/2023 8:40:11 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 5/14/2023 9:05:41 PM EDT
[#4]
Rooftop Defense has 11.5” DD barrels with the pinned gas blocks in stock.  Just got the email.
Link Posted: 5/16/2023 7:16:44 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 5/17/2023 11:16:48 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 5/17/2023 1:00:59 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 5/17/2023 1:05:13 PM EDT
[#8]
How are those Sig optics? I'm going to replace my LPVO on my URG-I inspired build and it's in the consideration.
Link Posted: 5/17/2023 2:20:10 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 5/17/2023 3:51:18 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By wissota4:

Weird seeing a CAR-15 stock
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/17/2023 4:30:14 PM EDT
[#12]
What mount height is issued with the ATACRs? Also, I assume lately it's been the NF Ultramounts vs. Geissele mounts?
Link Posted: 5/17/2023 4:59:36 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By wissota4:

Weird seeing a surefire @ 12 o'clock
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/17/2023 5:48:21 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By 11boomboom:
How are those Sig optics? I'm going to replace my LPVO on my URG-I inspired build and it's in the consideration.
View Quote

The Romeo8T? There's an archived review on them, which says they're pretty good. Better battery life than EXPS3, but a lot heavier. Supposedly more robust, according to a video review on YouTube. I just got mine a few days ago, but haven't got around to mounting it or testing it out.
Link Posted: 5/17/2023 5:48:50 PM EDT
[Last Edit: WTFShane] [#15]
Edit: phone acting wierd.
Link Posted: 5/18/2023 12:46:33 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By mdavis:
What mount height is issued with the ATACRs? Also, I assume lately it's been the NF Ultramounts vs. Geissele mounts?
View Quote
1.54" Omoa
Link Posted: 5/19/2023 12:24:36 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By WTFShane:

The Romeo8T? There's an archived review on them, which says they're pretty good. Better battery life than EXPS3, but a lot heavier. Supposedly more robust, according to a video review on YouTube. I just got mine a few days ago, but haven't got around to mounting it or testing it out.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

How is the weight of the Romeo8T?

The EXPS3 is supposed to be better than the T2 for night vision and the Romeo8T is supposed to be even better than the EXPS3 for night vision, but the T2 does still work for night vision.

The Romeo8T sounds great, but its listed weight might make seem like a brick.
Link Posted: 5/19/2023 6:22:21 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By Air_Soft_Contractor:

How is the weight of the Romeo8T?

The EXPS3 is supposed to be better than the T2 for night vision and the Romeo8T is supposed to be even better than the EXPS3 for night vision, but the T2 does still work for night vision.

The Romeo8T sounds great, but its listed weight might make seem like a brick.
View Quote

I may have exaggerated the weight based off other reviews. Specs say it's only about 2oz heavier and don't even notice it holding in hand and comparing back to back.

I did some (handheld) testing at night comparing both. Glass size is about the same. Romeo8T window did seem a little darker due to the coating AR coating on the objective lens.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/19/2023 6:39:15 PM EDT
[#19]

View Quote

Actually, I was thinking about the Tango LPVO, but the Romeo8T is pretty interesting.
Link Posted: 5/19/2023 10:09:35 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By phlegm:
1.54" Omoa
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By phlegm:
Originally Posted By mdavis:
1.54" Omoa

Thanks!
Link Posted: 5/20/2023 8:19:40 AM EDT
[Last Edit: rbutcher] [#21]

Actually, I was thinking about the Tango LPVO, but the Romeo8T is pretty interesting.
View All Quotes

I really liked the FFP contract tango 6t, have no experience with the sfp socom tango 6 scope. The reticle is perfect for anything you would ever do with a 556 gun. The glass was nice, transmission was really good. My only complaint is the “daylight bright” illumination needed to be one setting brighter than its max in midday Texas sun. Not the end of the world since the reticle is still super fast without illumination at all. That may be a bigger issue for some, but I shoot LPVOs on 1x without illumination turned on probably 90%+ of the time. Makes using them with illumination literally cheating.

Honestly, I think the reticle in the FFP 6t (I think they call it the DWLR-556… whichever one is the center horseshoe with a bdc windage tree below for m855a1) is my favorite 556 LPVO reticle. If I could snap my fingers and put that reticle in my nx8, I would do it without hesitation. @Dobs013 and I have discussed my over the top love for this reticle too many times.
Link Posted: 5/20/2023 10:42:28 AM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By rbutcher:

I really liked the FFP contract tango 6t, have no experience with the sfp socom tango 6 scope. The reticle is perfect for anything you would ever do with a 556 gun. The glass was nice, transmission was really good. My only complaint is the “daylight bright” illumination needed to be one setting brighter than its max in midday Texas sun. Not the end of the world since the reticle is still super fast without illumination at all. That may be a bigger issue for some, but I shoot LPVOs on 1x without illumination turned on probably 90%+ of the time. Makes using them with illumination literally cheating.

Honestly, I think the reticle in the FFP 6t (I think they call it the DWLR-556… whichever one is the center horseshoe with a bdc windage tree below for m855a1) is my favorite 556 LPVO reticle. If I could snap my fingers and put that reticle in my nx8, I would do it without hesitation. @Dobs013 and I have discussed my over the top love for this reticle too many times.
View Quote

I shoot my old Burris 1-4 almost exclusively with the dot turned-off. I think the only time I turn it on is to check if the battery is still good (3 years old so far).

I'll have to check out that reticle. I'm concerned with a large center point making it a little more difficult to test new ammo with grouping. I have the MTAC currently with the CQC reticle, and while it's a simple reticle, the center aiming point is 2 MOA and not very precise.
Link Posted: 5/21/2023 5:18:10 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 5/21/2023 7:03:09 PM EDT
[#24]

Can I just have one?

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/27/2023 8:07:44 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 5/27/2023 8:17:13 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By -KentuckyWindage-:
https://i.imgur.com/Xqg4ebj.jpg
View Quote

What’s the little kajigger at 8:00 on the rail?
Link Posted: 5/27/2023 8:28:06 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By Sputnik556:

View Quote

MLok QD sling mount from Reptilia.

https://reptiliacorp.com/product/socket-mount-mlok-qd-sling-attachment/
Link Posted: 5/27/2023 8:47:04 PM EDT
[#28]

View All Quotes

Interesting placement, I might try that.
Link Posted: 5/27/2023 8:50:51 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AWHAILYEAH] [#29]

View All Quotes
https://i.imgur.com/Xqg4ebj.jpg

QD Sling mount I forgot the brand.......................

ETA:  beat like a rented mule................
Link Posted: 5/27/2023 9:16:21 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 5/27/2023 9:19:38 PM EDT
[#31]
View Quote

Mmmm MK17 with vortex Razor…..
Link Posted: 5/27/2023 9:46:00 PM EDT
[#32]

Mmmm MK17 with vortex Razor LAMG…..
View All Quotes

Mmmm MK17 with vortex Razor LAMG…..

FIFM
Link Posted: 5/28/2023 7:40:19 AM EDT
[#33]
URGI vs. SOPMOD BLK II
My Thoughts...Enjoy!
Geissele URGI Upper vs SOPMOD Block II, was it worth the switch?
Link Posted: 5/28/2023 7:41:13 AM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By Stukas87:
URGI vs. SOPMOD BLK II
My Thoughts...Enjoy!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y425dBH_1T8
View Quote

Watched it yesterday, great video!
Link Posted: 5/28/2023 7:45:00 AM EDT
[#35]

Watched it yesterday, great video!
View Quote

Thanks!
Link Posted: 5/28/2023 1:58:11 PM EDT
[#36]
Great video, hat tip to the fellow that loaned his upper as well.
Link Posted: 5/28/2023 10:47:16 PM EDT
[#37]
Not sure if I have posted a picture of my URGI so here goes.

Colt roll marked lower with G SSA trigger.
Colt upper with DD 14.5 barrel and gas block. Surefire four prong. G rail, KAC front sight. Vortex Razor 1-6 in a G Vortex mount. B5 stock and grip.Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 5/28/2023 11:31:32 PM EDT
[#38]
Weird question for the armorers out there, and this seemed the best place to ask. Are there any cases of the new DD barrel being installed but using the old RIS II instead of the Mk13 rail? Sorry for the ignorance, I don't know how much leeway is allowed the individual units/armorers.
Link Posted: 5/28/2023 11:36:44 PM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By Eruoen:
Weird question for the armorers out there, and this seemed the best place to ask. Are there any cases of the new DD barrel being installed but using the old RIS II instead of the Mk13 rail? Sorry for the ignorance, I don't know how much leeway is allowed the individual units/armorers.
View Quote

Not sure that would work out very well considering the gas block cutout on the ris ii is for a carbine length gas system.
Link Posted: 5/28/2023 11:42:55 PM EDT
[#40]
I seen civilians build rifles with midlength barrels in the RIS II before...
Link Posted: 5/29/2023 9:18:58 AM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By Eruoen:
I seen civilians build rifles with midlength barrels in the RIS II before...
View Quote

Wrong thread to be asking.  You’d want to ask in the Block II thread but I’m betting your answer is no.
Link Posted: 5/29/2023 8:32:15 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By india13c:

Wrong thread to be asking.  You’d want to ask in the Block II thread but I’m betting your answer is no.
View Quote

Reminded me of 2021 when the 14.5 DD Barrels were impossible to get a Charlies custom clones was selling "URGI's" with Colt Socom barrels lol...i think he actually called them block 3's or something like that. Weird.
Link Posted: 5/30/2023 11:35:20 AM EDT
[Last Edit: havoc] [#43]
Black is the new FDE...

I was able to grab a couple photos (albeit not good ones) from a recent range trip / conjugal visit to my Surefire RC2. Can't wait until I can take it home for keeps:

Link Posted: 5/30/2023 8:12:49 PM EDT
[Last Edit: havoc] [#44]
Siblings:
Link Posted: 5/30/2023 9:40:36 PM EDT
[#45]
View Quote

Too distracted by the Kac lamg and Barrett mk22
Link Posted: 5/31/2023 6:34:08 PM EDT
[#46]
Are B5 Sopmod stocks with the qd sockets clone correct for the urgi and block II builds or are the only officially issues stocks the ones that lacked the qd cups?
Link Posted: 5/31/2023 11:03:42 PM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By henryfrank:
Are B5 Sopmod stocks with the qd sockets clone correct for the urgi and block II builds or are the only officially issues stocks the ones that lacked the qd cups?
View Quote

Literally any stock is clone correct. Guys have had every stock out there on a gun. Is it what has been issued? Either waffle or LMT sopmod but guys run their own or they gpc stocks for the team.
Link Posted: 5/31/2023 11:10:04 PM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By henryfrank:
View Quote

Someone else can find the official posting since I cannot find it but big army or big .mil recently approved the b5 enhanced sopmod for official purchase, along with a few slings and other accessories
Link Posted: 6/2/2023 12:05:59 AM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 6/2/2023 1:14:06 AM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By Double_R:
https://i.imgur.com/jvs53Lu.jpg
View Quote

Nice setup and photo. What are those cable management things?
Page / 262
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top