Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Page / 263
Link Posted: 1/27/2022 9:22:15 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Darkside3117] [#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By BlueDevilBrew:
RKS USA has DD barrels w/ pinned gb up for preorder with delivery by 3/25.   No experience or affiliation with them.  

I imagine they got word from DD that barrels are inbound (DD cust. service told me expect some in Q1 too), so I imagine other dealers will be getting some stock soon too.  Might be worth a shot if you’re not fast at buying after email notifications go out.
View Quote

Maybe. I’ve never used RKS but Ive emailed Dd every couple months for a clone correct urgi barrel since last May. First I got oct 2021, then dec 2021, then Jan 2022. Since January is almost over and I haven’t seen them come back in stock I emailed them a couple days ago this was their reply.

“Thank you for contacting Daniel Defense, Inc. Unfortunately, due to material shortages and demand all barrel production is allocated to barrels we use on productions guns, which this barrel is not currently used. It might be later this year, before these begin to resume retail availability.   If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to let us know.  Have a great day!”

Hope this helps.
Link Posted: 1/28/2022 2:07:07 AM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By Darkside3117:

Maybe. I’ve never used RKS but Ive emailed Dd every couple months for a clone correct urgi barrel since last May. First I got oct 2021, then dec 2021, then Jan 2022. Since January is almost over and I haven’t seen them come back in stock I emailed them a couple days ago this was their reply.

“Thank you for contacting Daniel Defense, Inc. Unfortunately, due to material shortages and demand all barrel production is allocated to barrels we use on productions guns, which this barrel is not currently used. It might be later this year, before these begin to resume retail availability.   If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to let us know.  Have a great day!”

Hope this helps.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
RKS USA has DD barrels w/ pinned gb up for preorder with delivery by 3/25.   No experience or affiliation with them.  

I imagine they got word from DD that barrels are inbound (DD cust. service told me expect some in Q1 too), so I imagine other dealers will be getting some stock soon too.  Might be worth a shot if you’re not fast at buying after email notifications go out.

Hope this helps.

Man I hope that's not the case, I got the same timeframe from optics planet and currently have it on backorder. Dang, that would be super lame. I guess if we don't have a concrete date by may I'll find something else.
Link Posted: 1/28/2022 5:16:58 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By Toothpicksandkatchup:

Man I hope that's not the case, I got the same timeframe from optics planet and currently have it on backorder. Dang, that would be super lame. I guess if we don't have a concrete date by may I'll find something else.
View All Quotes

Hope this helps.

I backordered one with the gas block from optics planet too, and the estimate they mentioned in the email was 25-35 days. I’m just gonna try and forget about it like a tax stamp haha.
I had one from primary arms last week but returned it cause I was too quick to buy and didn’t realize it didn’t come with the gas block.
Link Posted: 1/28/2022 7:15:48 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By stagepaint:

I backordered one with the gas block from optics planet too, and the estimate they mentioned in the email was 25-35 days. I’m just gonna try and forget about it like a tax stamp haha.
I had one from primary arms last week but returned it cause I was too quick to buy and didn’t realize it didn’t come with the gas block.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By stagepaint:

Hope this helps.

Just backorder and if you get one from somewhere else first, cancel the backorder.

If you can't cancel the backorder in time and get two shipped to you at once, you'll have no problem selling it (or using it).
Link Posted: 1/29/2022 12:06:22 AM EDT
[#5]

Hope this helps.
View All Quotes

Hope this helps.

Just an FYI I ordered from RK on what was listed as IN STOCK on November 16 last year and have yet to receive a barrel.  He responds to emails but always an excuse jus saying I’ll update if I ever see it
Link Posted: 1/29/2022 2:43:04 AM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By GoRebels:

Just an FYI I ordered from RK on what was listed as IN STOCK on November 16 last year and have yet to receive a barrel.  He responds to emails but always an excuse jus saying I’ll update if I ever see it
View Quote

Yeah, the website says “in stock” now too, but it also says availability is “pre-order” with delivery by March 25.

I reached out to RKS to see if DD told them barrels would be inbound by April.   They said, “Last info that we got from Factory is that the barrels were going to be fully available again in March, but this info is dated before Christmas, we are going to require them an update.”  

No end to the URGI barrel drought anytime soon.
Link Posted: 1/29/2022 8:16:47 AM EDT
[#7]
Lame hope DD is just wrong and shipping barrels soon. My Optics Planet backordered is showing shipping 8 Feb, hope it comes to fruition because I’ll be back in the USA 1 March and want to build this gun up.
Link Posted: 1/30/2022 10:43:05 PM EDT
[Last Edit: jmevans_2] [#8]
So what are the DD barrels bringing these days with the factory pinned gas block? I have an extra 14.5 and 10.3. I also have an extra 11.5 but doesn't have a pinned gas block.

They are not for sale, just curious the value. Maybe I should build a few more URG-I's.
Link Posted: 1/30/2022 11:52:42 PM EDT
[#9]
Attachment Attached File
Original URG with DD barrel.

Link Posted: 1/31/2022 10:52:29 AM EDT
[Last Edit: JTM20] [#10]
I've seen new 4 prongs hitting the secondary market in bags instead of the plastic packaging from last year's drop. I'm hoping it means Surefire is doing a big run soon.
Link Posted: 1/31/2022 11:15:40 AM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By JTM20:
I've seen new 4 prongs hitting the secondary market in bags instead of the plastic packaging from last year's drop. I'm hoping it means Surefire is doing a big run soon.
View Quote

I think those are USGI ones.
Link Posted: 1/31/2022 4:46:09 PM EDT
[#12]
I've got an NSN Mk16 rail and a non-pinned gas block 14.4" DD mid length gubmint barrel.  Gas block is an LBE Inc low profile set screw gas block, doesn't touch the rail.  If anybody needs them.
Link Posted: 1/31/2022 6:13:56 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 2/1/2022 2:15:02 AM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By stoner63a:
I've got an NSN Mk16 rail and a non-pinned gas block 14.4" DD mid length gubmint barrel.  Gas block is an LBE Inc low profile set screw gas block, doesn't touch the rail.  If anybody needs them.
View Quote

Blasphemy!  I actually pulled the Geissele GB that was on mine and replaced it with a similar GB to the LBE Inc you have.  Works great but NOT clone correct.  It's ok, I didn't post a pic of a non-correct clone.  Yours is fine with me.  Looks good.
Link Posted: 2/1/2022 12:20:37 PM EDT
[#15]
I purchased the URG-I back in 2018, and opted to have the Geissele Super Gas Block installed on the DD barrel instead of the DD gas block. Not clone correct, but no regrets, and was never particularly concerned about cloning.

The way the Geissele Super Gas Block is pinned, has set screws, and has another indexing pin on the top is nothing short of impressive. It was definitely a "holy shit" moment when I saw it.
Link Posted: 2/1/2022 7:46:41 PM EDT
[#16]
Yo if anyone is looking, clone correct urgi barrels just went in stock at 18:30 EST on primary arms. I was finally able to grab one!
Link Posted: 2/1/2022 7:55:37 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 2/1/2022 7:56:26 PM EDT
[#18]
Just need my back ordered four prong now.
Link Posted: 2/1/2022 9:36:00 PM EDT
[Last Edit: FreefallRet] [#19]
Lasted almost two hours, impressive.
Link Posted: 2/1/2022 9:47:04 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By FREEFALLE7:
Last almost two hours, impressive.
View Quote

Damn I am too, I wonder how many they had?
Link Posted: 2/1/2022 11:34:39 PM EDT
[Last Edit: apocalypserisin] [#21]

Just about done.
Link Posted: 2/2/2022 8:44:28 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AKSU] [#22]

Link Posted: 2/3/2022 9:28:12 AM EDT
[#23]
Honestly? The URGI is very light, but I still prefer the Block II. Need more time with it.
Link Posted: 2/3/2022 3:58:17 PM EDT
[#24]
Just got my shipping notice from Optics Planet. Now I just need that backordered 4 prong and start shopping for an optic.
Link Posted: 2/3/2022 3:58:48 PM EDT
[#25]
Looks killer! I really dig the railscales 🤙
Link Posted: 2/3/2022 5:29:30 PM EDT
[#26]
Hey guys, I’m new here. Got bit by the clone bug and decided to build a URGI using a colt lower host. Just read through all 208 pages. Lots of good info! A few things I wanted to share as I have been sourcing parts this past month as FYI-

-Daniel defense said barrels won’t ship until after summer (got the email from them Monday) … however primary arms, optics planet and RKS either have them now or will in next few weeks (confirmed by all)

-some of you were concerned on the new steel QD socket on the G rail. Just FYI, I purchased mine direct and was NSN stamped and no steel insert… just take that as a data point

-a drop of SF four prongs recently hit (showing up on Reddit) They are in bags and in the plastic show case. Both seem to be NSN marked if that matters to you. Next commercial drop in April from what I gathered
Link Posted: 2/3/2022 5:39:55 PM EDT
[Last Edit: RichieRich562] [#27]
My humble contribution

Link Posted: 2/3/2022 5:49:31 PM EDT
[#28]
That looks awesome. How do you like the ergo grip?
Link Posted: 2/3/2022 5:50:39 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By wdlegend:
Honestly? The URGI is very light, but I still prefer the Block II. Need more time with it.
https://i.imgur.com/XNOdtfe.jpg
View Quote

That block 2 build is sick
Link Posted: 2/3/2022 6:25:35 PM EDT
[Last Edit: DDS87] [#30]
Tulsi Gabbard rocking the URG-I

https://www.instagram.com/p/CZiANvLr4OQ/

Link Posted: 2/3/2022 7:22:07 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By Herk-Healer:
Just got my shipping notice from Optics Planet. Now I just need that backordered 4 prong and start shopping for an optic.
View Quote

How long did you have it on back order? I ended up canceling mine with OP and snagged one from primary arms. Kind of kicking myself now because it was much cheaper with OP after discount codes and free shipping.
Link Posted: 2/3/2022 7:40:35 PM EDT
[#32]

That looks like the smile of getting red-pilled hopefully.

Nice to see Hawaiians starting to really wake up.
Link Posted: 2/3/2022 9:22:28 PM EDT
[#33]
Got my 11.5 URGI together. Waiting on my SF3P to show up. Have an FCD brake on it at the moment so i can shoot it and whew... not a pleasant gun to shoot with that brake lol.
Link Posted: 2/3/2022 10:29:23 PM EDT
[#34]

I haven't kept track of her, but I still dislike her because she supported the assault weapons ban.
Link Posted: 2/3/2022 10:35:57 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 2/4/2022 1:51:14 AM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By bigde1ta:

How long did you have it on back order? I ended up canceling mine with OP and snagged one from primary arms. Kind of kicking myself now because it was much cheaper with OP after discount codes and free shipping.
View Quote

Beginning of December.
Link Posted: 2/4/2022 3:52:14 AM EDT
[#37]

Beginning of December.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By bigde1ta:

Beginning of December.

Nice, hopefully won't be too far behind with my January order. I just looked at the price shipped on PA, yeah I think I'll keep my OP backorder
Link Posted: 2/4/2022 4:36:29 AM EDT
[#38]

11.5 with ATACR, don’t think we’ve seen that before.
Link Posted: 2/4/2022 8:32:15 AM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By Vapor-Trail:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Vapor-Trail:

She isn't waking up, she was just a SOCOM demo for celebrities
Link Posted: 2/5/2022 3:29:35 PM EDT
[#40]
Just waiting for the forbidden tano from NF..

Link Posted: 2/5/2022 3:45:25 PM EDT
[#41]
ECOS to Razor to finally owning an Elcan.

Link Posted: 2/5/2022 4:43:02 PM EDT
[#42]
Debating on moving my razor to another rifle, and putting my exps3-0 on.  Anyone interested in trading a Geissele ddc razor mount for a black one?
Link Posted: 2/5/2022 6:16:41 PM EDT
[#43]
I'm debating on just going with a Razor 1-6 HD Gen II on my URG-I.

Part of me wants to hold out for a tano ATACR, but I have to admit - the Razor in a Geissele mount looks "right" on a URG-I.

Plus, I need to save some $$$ for a 5-25 ATACR for my Mk13 Mod 7 build.
Link Posted: 2/5/2022 6:16:59 PM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By THEdtw:

https://i.imgur.com/MuadIX6.jpeg
View Quote

Looks great.
Link Posted: 2/5/2022 6:53:20 PM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By wayfaerer320:

Part of me wants to hold out for a tano ATACR, but I have to admit - the Razor in a Geissele mount looks "right" on a URG-I.

View Quote

That’s what I’m doing. I still want an atacr but I would be big sad if I got a black one if the tanos were released.

Badger 1.70 mount though.

Link Posted: 2/5/2022 8:57:18 PM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By StealthGuy:

That’s what I’m doing. I still want an atacr but I would be big sad if I got a black one if the tanos were released.

https://i.imgur.com/oetAhHP.jpg
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By wayfaerer320:

Same, sticking with the Razor for now, if the tano Nightforce is ever release I’ll pick it up.  

Link Posted: 2/5/2022 9:33:02 PM EDT
[#47]

View Quote

Best one so far, Elcan looks fire on there.
Link Posted: 2/5/2022 9:39:35 PM EDT
[#48]

That's what I'm doing. I still want an atacr but I would be big sad if I got a black one if the tanos were released.

View Quote

Originally Posted By HD2006:

Same, sticking with the Razor for now, if the tano Nightforce is ever release I'll pick it up.  

https://i.imgur.com/dzYcrSM.jpg
View Quote

Looks good fellas - really like the badger mount too.
Link Posted: 2/5/2022 9:45:48 PM EDT
[#49]

View Quote

I like the Elcan on the URG-I, wish mine was a SU-230 though.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/5/2022 11:09:36 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By FONTY:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/236598/14A7A111-FA87-42AA-9FA0-6E3233CC4EDC_jpe-2268462.JPG
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By FONTY:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/236598/14A7A111-FA87-42AA-9FA0-6E3233CC4EDC_jpe-2268462.JPG

Elcan looks awesome on there.  I debated moving mine over but I just like it too much on the Block II.  Can’t bring myself to move it.  Not mention how big of a pain it is to zero the Docter, quite the deterrent for moving it around.  

Page / 263
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top