Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Page / 262
Link Posted: 1/16/2019 4:39:17 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By whoanelly:
His company has to sell stuff, not cater to people who want exclusive items to post on their instagram pages.
View Quote
QFT.
Link Posted: 1/16/2019 5:56:12 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By whoanelly:
His company has to sell stuff, not cater to people who want exclusive items to post on their instagram pages.
View Quote
Amen
Link Posted: 1/16/2019 6:27:54 PM EDT
[Last Edit: fubar1217] [#3]
Originally Posted By Outrider:

He's damned if he does and damned if he don't. People were asking for individual rails for sale from day 1. Folks were buying URGI uppers and gutting them for the Mk16. People asked for clone uppers. I ain't saying G has been perfect but he's at least listened to his customer base which is a lot more than can be said about many manufacturers. For BF the Mk16 was available and they had TONS of stock and were kind enough to prevent re sellers from hoarding the product and flipping. Now he's offering a complete rifle which is a step above the URGI. As of right now the Mk16 is still exclusive because you could/can only acquire 3 ways.

1. URGI
2. Black Friday sale
3. Complete rifle in the near future

I can't fault the man for delivering and offering a product if the demand is there.
View Quote
Really only two ways now that Black Friday is over....(yes, I saw you said "could")
Link Posted: 1/16/2019 6:43:52 PM EDT
[#4]
Lol Geissele can't seem to win lately. Everyone just complains either way.
Link Posted: 1/16/2019 6:46:22 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By JLAudio:
Well this thread is about to blow up LOL.

Bill just showed Mk16 DDC and ODG complete rifles coming to the civy market on the live stream. Looks like these rails are going to be released outside of mil or clone configs, and will be in wider circulation that ever anticipated.

That kind of bums me out since I thought that the Mk16 rails would be in the clone category.

Side note that green mk16 complete 10.3 cqbr he showed was super good looking, like wow good looking.
View Quote
I'd rather it not blow up with Geissele complete rifles where the only clone parts are the charging handle, rail, and barrel.
Link Posted: 1/16/2019 7:52:16 PM EDT
[Last Edit: FreefallRet] [#6]
Originally Posted By Outrider:

I don't get the complaint. There is always the risk of something no longer being exclusive. You buy early, you're paying the premium to be one of the first. You ensure that you have it in hand in case they stop manufacturing it or change. You also run the risk of it being mass produced later on and driving prices down. Just part of the game. KAC had the vault release last year which killed prices on out of production rails and accessories. The Mk16 rail was $395 with the charging handle correct? Call it a $100 charging handle and the rail is under $300. Look at the DD RIS II which was over $400 when it was available. Decade old FF RAS from KAC are still north of $300. I saw value in the package.

I just don't get the idea of being "exclusive". I want the best gear available. And I welcome companies who even provide the opportunity to own the same gear being fielded by the military because they could've told us to fuck off like a bunch of other companies.

No good deed goes unpunished.
View Quote
And this is why I just bought the stripped upper, I was happy that Geissele offered the rail and thankful for the recommendation/reviews from GS5414. His pics and reviews were the 1# reason I was sold on it. This was my first Geissele purchase ever.

Paid $838 for mine which seemed a fair price for having a new release upper. Had a few extra Warcomp's and BCGs in my parts box, no need to blow the extra cash for a so called clone correct upper. I figured with no pics in the wild there was no way to know the final configuration, looks like I made the right call.

With all that said I still like the looks of the upper/rail, barrel is accurate enough for my needs and I have no regrets.
Link Posted: 1/17/2019 4:54:43 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Rhinowso96] [#7]
Originally Posted By VIP3R:
Lol Geissele can't seem to win lately. Everyone just complains either way.
View Quote
No $hit.

Personally I'm glad Geissele Automatics is thriving - but with expansion comes some growing pains, be they real or perceived.

IMO he has tried to bend over backwards but has learned that you are never going to please everyone, especially the cloners.

Hopefully that has centered him on putting quality stuff out for LEOs, Military, and civilians.  Let the cloners scramble around trying to have a safe full of 'correct' guns for their heirs to sell off cheap.  ;)
Link Posted: 1/28/2019 8:50:34 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By joglee:

Easily. I could build that upper for $800 or so if I went PSA FN CHF middy.

That's actually my plan for my next build.
View Quote
I just built "pretty much" the same upper for under $785, and the only part that isnt brand new is the barrel (~500rds).

Colt upper
Colt BCG
DD 14.5 barrel
Geissele Airborne CH
Geissele gas block (pinned)
Geissele Mk14 rail
Smith Vortex G6A3 (pinned/welded by Retro Arms)

Close enough for me

Does anyone know if the majority of these will be going on Colt or FN lowers?

Link Posted: 1/28/2019 9:24:40 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By dubya3:

I just built "pretty much" the same upper for under $785, and the only part that isnt brand new is the barrel (~500rds).

Colt upper
Colt BCG
DD 14.5 barrel
Geissele Airborne CH
Geissele Mk14 rail

Close enough for me

http://i.imgur.com/vr8vxwF.jpg
View Quote
There's a chance none of them will ever make it to anything and the RIS II will soldier on for a time.
Link Posted: 1/28/2019 9:32:42 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Tim_in_CO] [#10]

There's a chance none of them will ever make it to anything and the RIS II will soldier on for a time.
View Quote
There's also a chance HK will become an industry partner and have an official representative on this site.

Do you have anything of value to add to this thread?

I'm glad to see Geissele continuing to innovate and grow as an American manufacturer, I hope they can continue to develop new products with the feedback they have received.
Link Posted: 1/28/2019 9:34:40 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By Tim_in_CO:

There's also a chance HK will become an industry partner and have an official representative on this site.

I'm glad to see Geissele continuing to innovate and grow as an American manufacturer, I hope they can continue to develop new products with the feedback they have received.
View Quote
+1

That first one gave me a giggle
Link Posted: 1/29/2019 10:15:38 AM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By dubya3:

Colt upper
Colt BCG
DD 14.5 barrel
Geissele Airborne CH
Geissele Mk14 rail

Close enough for me

http://i.imgur.com/vr8vxwF.jpg
View Quote
Link Posted: 1/29/2019 12:49:11 PM EDT
[Last Edit: FreefallRet] [#13]

View Quote
I think he is going off the unverified rumor the rail failed testing and USASOC is buying more Block II uppers.

Still the gov bought 5500 rails If what has been posted on the net is true,@$400 a rail that's over 2 million dollars. That's some good cheddar for a new gov contract.

Still just scuttlebutt rumors, I figure it will be months before any verifiable news will come out.
Link Posted: 1/29/2019 3:19:32 PM EDT
[#14]
The plot thickens...
Link Posted: 1/29/2019 4:01:41 PM EDT
[Last Edit: FreefallRet] [#15]
The plot rumors thickens remain unchanged..
View Quote
fixed
You guys take this drama way to seriously.

The MK16 rail is the flagship rail for the new Geissle Civ rifles.

Link Posted: 1/29/2019 6:55:42 PM EDT
[#16]

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Didn't Nathan from Faxon go to work for HK?  and he was active on forums.  okay, now back to thread on-topic.
Link Posted: 1/29/2019 7:14:40 PM EDT
[#17]
Does the stripped upper include a pinned gas block?
Link Posted: 1/29/2019 8:11:10 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By lemonyvince:
Does the stripped upper include a pinned gas block?
View Quote
The near clone stripped upper does.
Link Posted: 1/29/2019 9:26:03 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By FREEFALLE7:
fixed

https://i2.wp.com/www.firearmrack.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/01/Super-Duty-Rifle.jpg?resize=660%2C371&ssl=1
View All Quotes
fixed

https://i2.wp.com/www.firearmrack.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/01/Super-Duty-Rifle.jpg?resize=660%2C371&ssl=1
That doesn't mean there isn't a problem with the issued URG-Is or MK16.
Link Posted: 1/29/2019 9:32:49 PM EDT
[#20]
fixed

View All Quotes
fixed

That's it. Its the retirement home for you gramps.
Link Posted: 1/29/2019 9:49:17 PM EDT
[Last Edit: dlm1984] [#21]
Originally Posted By MILSPEC556:
View All Quotes
fixed

He needs a second retirement home? Must be living the high life!  He needs to buy that MAWL first, though!

There are times where I'm not sure if I should laugh or cry at some of the drama in here.  Sure, Bill did miss his 10 day window, but in my experience, things almost always take longer than expected.  Given their track record, I'm not going lose my mind and grasp at straws until more actual information comes out.
Link Posted: 1/29/2019 10:00:00 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By dlm1984:
He needs a second retirement home? Must be living the high life!  He needs to buy that MAWL first, though!

There are times where I'm not sure if I should laugh or cry at some of the drama in here.  Sure, Bill did miss his 10 day window, but in my experience, things almost always take longer than expected.  Given their track record, I'm not going lose my mind and grasp at straws until more actual information comes out.
View All Quotes
fixed

I don't think your bossman will address it to be honest with you. Too much at stake, and I think he would have done it by now. But its sort of just oh well to me at this point. Just glad Neil's suit is over and done with
Link Posted: 1/30/2019 6:50:59 AM EDT
[Last Edit: dlm1984] [#23]
I don't think your bossman will address it to be honest with you. Too much at stake, and I think he would have done it by now. But its sort of just oh well to me at this point. Just glad Neil's suit is over and done with
View All Quotes
fixed

Bossman?

You seem to have a good bit of information about the program and obviously know Neil, so you might be correct.  Guess we'll have to wait and see...

Link Posted: 1/30/2019 11:13:03 AM EDT
[#24]
Top: Geissele "clone correct" on a Colt M4 lower.

Bottom: Colt Upper, Colt Socom 14.5, Colt M4 lower.

Link Posted: 1/30/2019 11:28:52 AM EDT
[#25]
Uncle sugar ain't paying $400 per rail.. Just sayin'... 😉

Still the gov bought 5500 rails If what has been posted on the net is true,@$400 a rail that's over 2 million dollars. That's some good cheddar for a new gov contract.
View Quote
Link Posted: 1/30/2019 8:01:27 PM EDT
[Last Edit: FreefallRet] [#26]

View Quote
You are no fun at all

@MILSPEC556
Link Posted: 1/30/2019 8:04:47 PM EDT
[Last Edit: FreefallRet] [#27]

View All Quotes
fixed

I want one, but I just bought a RMR for my glock and its time to add some handguns to the stable. I have 10 ARs and 16 lowers, so time to add some handguns to the collection.

Too cold to shoot at night anyways right now, my cane might slip on the ice
Link Posted: 1/30/2019 8:17:06 PM EDT
[Last Edit: FreefallRet] [#28]
Originally Posted By pezboytate:

That doesn't mean there isn't a problem with the issued URG-Is or MK16.
View Quote
Maybe it will have a MAWL disclaimer on the box
Link Posted: 1/30/2019 8:24:11 PM EDT
[#29]

I want one, but I just bought a RMR for my glock and its time to add some handguns to the stable. I have 10 ARs and 16 lowers, so time to add some handguns to the collection.

To cold to shoot at night anyways right now, my cane might slip on the ice
View Quote
As A Fellow NC Resident, can I have those sixteen lowers if your cane fails you and you slip on ice? , Lol, Up here in Avery County we about to be at -30 tomorrow from what Ray's Weather is telling me, its about to be record setting cold, hope you are ready! Hope you get out to play with your cool retirement toys before the sun goes down!
Link Posted: 1/30/2019 8:32:30 PM EDT
[Last Edit: FreefallRet] [#30]
Originally Posted By InfamousAK:

As A Fellow NC Resident, can I have those sixteen lowers if your cane fails you and you slip on ice? , Lol, Up here in Avery County we about to be at -30 tomorrow from what Ray's Weather is telling me, its about to be record setting cold, hope you are ready! Hope you get out to play with your cool retirement toys before the sun goes down!
View Quote
If you can unclog the drain from my upper pond to my lower pond you can have one. got a few sticks caught in the drain elbow and to fix it i'm getting wet

The spillway is taking care of most of the drainage so it isn't too big of a deal, happens about once every 5-6 months. might have to bust some ice though
Link Posted: 1/30/2019 8:34:52 PM EDT
[#31]
If you can unclog the drain from my upper pond to my lower pond you can have one. got a few sticks caught in the drain elbow and to fix it i'm getting wet

The spillway is taking care of most of the drainage so it isn't too big of a deal, happens about once every 5-6 months. might have to bust some ice though
View All Quotes

May I use explosives?
Link Posted: 1/30/2019 8:39:41 PM EDT
[#32]

View Quote
I'm an AR Whore I will definitely work for a Lower don't tempt me lol. Nothing my swim suit from my surfing days in CA couldn't take care of lol and a large snake brush.
Link Posted: 1/30/2019 9:19:35 PM EDT
[#33]

May I use explosives?
View Quote
lets not,

Its too cold to put a new drain and dam in
Link Posted: 1/30/2019 9:23:47 PM EDT
[#34]

I'm an AR Whore I will definitely work for a Lower don't tempt me lol. Nothing my swim suit from my surfing days in CA couldn't take care of lol and a large snake brush.
View Quote
I have the large snake brush on the end of a pool handle, its just too packed in the elbow and I have to use a flexible metal drain cleaner from the lower side and push it up. 1-2 hour fix, but the opening is in 3" for water. Like I said too cold for me to fool with right now.
Link Posted: 1/30/2019 9:34:13 PM EDT
[#35]
lets not,

View All Quotes

May I use explosives?
lets not,

Now it's my turn to tell YOU "You are no fun at all "

Link Posted: 1/30/2019 10:04:05 PM EDT
[#36]

Now it's my turn to tell YOU "You are no fun at all "

View Quote
Guilty as charged
Link Posted: 1/30/2019 11:51:39 PM EDT
[#37]
There is no social problem that cannot be solved by a suitable application of high explosives!

CD
once a 18C long time ago.............
Link Posted: 1/31/2019 12:19:28 AM EDT
[Last Edit: FreefallRet] [#38]
Originally Posted By Combat_Diver:
There is no social problem that cannot be solved by a suitable application of high explosives!

CD
once a 18C long time ago.............
View Quote

Will you guys quit with wanting to Dam bust my pond already That's also my 100m range between the two ponds, the part the drain goes under is right behind me

Link Posted: 1/31/2019 9:01:32 PM EDT
[#39]
Hey you bastards

This is really the only thread I have been part of where people have personality, I like you guys here

Dont want to get off-topic with the URG-I theme but could someone inbox me. I need help with selecting an optic for a MK12 build

Its not a clone build, its a DD MK12 upper on a Colt lower w/ Geissle trigger. Wanting to buy the optic and bipod tomorrow, have a few options and would love professional feedback

Budget, brand, FFP vs SFP, etc
Link Posted: 2/3/2019 11:14:26 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Combat_Diver] [#40]
Edited

CD
Link Posted: 2/3/2019 11:30:20 AM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 2/3/2019 11:31:23 AM EDT
[Last Edit: GoatBoy] [#42]
Not a USASOC gun but don't ask me who was using it down range today.

CD
View Quote
Link Posted: 2/3/2019 11:55:38 AM EDT
[Last Edit: GoatBoy] [#43]

CD
View Quote
Contractor, or SAD/CIA, could even be MI5! You don't have to confirm or deny!
Link Posted: 2/3/2019 12:13:36 PM EDT
[#44]

Contractor, or SAD/CIA, could even be MI5! You don't have to confirm or deny!
View Quote
Silly!  It was ANA or ANP😁
Link Posted: 2/3/2019 12:27:43 PM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By imdBman:

Silly!  It was ANA or ANP😁
View Quote
I wouldn't trust the ANA, or ANP with a brand new Khyber Pass Rifle, let alone that!
Link Posted: 2/3/2019 12:43:33 PM EDT
[Last Edit: C6H12O6] [#46]
Awesome to see a G rail in the wild, but that rollmark...

Attachment Attached File

Interesting that the anti-rotation is likely incorporated into the upper rather than on the sides like many of us bought Black Friday.
Link Posted: 2/3/2019 1:25:36 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Combat_Diver] [#47]
Originally Posted By C6H12O6:
Awesome to see a G rail in the wild, but that rollmark...

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/123535/2D2241E8-C880-4261-987F-04C1029613C3_jpeg-831622.JPG

Interesting that the anti-rotation is likely incorporated into the upper rather than on the sides like many of us bought Black Friday.
View Quote
Edited

CD
Link Posted: 2/3/2019 1:40:18 PM EDT
[Last Edit: GoatBoy] [#48]

CD
View Quote
Nice,
Wonder why they didn't have a suppressor for his URG-I?
Link Posted: 2/3/2019 2:35:06 PM EDT
[Last Edit: GoatBoy] [#49]

CD
View Quote
Clone parts:

trigger?
magnifier?
laser?
Link Posted: 2/3/2019 3:17:27 PM EDT
[#50]
Clone parts:

trigger?
magnifier?
laser?
View All Quotes
Clone parts:

trigger?
magnifier?
laser?
Oh that LaRue mount under the Aimpoint is gonna hurt some feels!
Page / 262
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top