User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Page / 262
Link Posted: 9/23/2018 1:54:33 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By vanquishings:

Interesting. Guess I had missed this in the shuffle. Mine's a complete clone, so maybe it was just the near clones?

Reached out to their Customer service to find out if I should have got one.

Also, didn't get this at Charlie's. May be a deal from them.
View Quote
Mr. G stated that the Super 42 spring and buffer, along with the Surefire ticket, will be included in all complete uppers.

Maybe someone forgot to put it in the box.
Link Posted: 9/24/2018 2:47:36 PM EDT
[#2]
Just confirmed that only the "near clones" ship with the Geissele 42 spring/buffer. The "clone correct" uppers get the two 30% off Surefire Coupons instead.
Link Posted: 9/24/2018 5:38:58 PM EDT
[#3]
I got a near clone from Brownells, got the Super 42 and both SF coupons.
Link Posted: 9/24/2018 5:46:24 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/24/2018 5:49:49 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 9/24/2018 9:51:31 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By STXDobie:
Just confirmed that only the "near clones" ship with the Geissele 42 spring/buffer. The "clone correct" uppers get the two 30% off Surefire Coupons instead.
View Quote
Originally Posted By GACS:

Yeps, the Near clones are the only ones to recieve the Super 42.

- GACS
View Quote
Yup, Nick from GA emailed me this earlier today.

I'd much rather take the coupon than a Super 42. Besides, I already had a Super 42 in the lower I plan on using, anyways.
Link Posted: 9/24/2018 10:18:05 PM EDT
[#7]

Yup, Nick from GA emailed me this earlier today.

I'd much rather take the coupon than a Super 42. Besides, I already had a Super 42 in the lower I plan on using, anyways.
View Quote
Agreed, the Super 42 is a rather affordable upgrade as well.
Link Posted: 9/25/2018 12:24:32 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By HammerForged:
Yes
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By HammerForged:
I don't know much about the Super 42 spring system. I am assuming that you can use a standard H2 buffer with it instead of having to spend $20 on an extra weight to take the standard H up to a H2?
Yes
No
Link Posted: 9/25/2018 9:37:22 AM EDT
[#9]
Sp near clone uppers do not get the coupon?
Link Posted: 9/25/2018 9:38:04 AM EDT
[#10]
The clone correct uppers have been in stock at Geissele and Brownell's for over a week.  Surely someone on here has one that can post pics.

Looking to see if the upper is "C" or Colt Cage coded and if the bolt carrier group is marked.  Also, is the Colt upper "T" marked?
Link Posted: 9/25/2018 10:01:29 AM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By purevl2:
The clone correct uppers have been in stock at Geissele and Brownell's for over a week.  Surely someone on here has one that can post pics.

Looking to see if the upper is "C" or Colt Cage coded and if the bolt carrier group is marked.  Also, is the Colt upper "T" marked?
View Quote
Still waiting on mine to ship but I purchased the pinned version so they are still a week or two out.
Link Posted: 9/25/2018 12:25:38 PM EDT
[#12]

View Quote
Pics were posted. Cage  code upper. Probably hit or miss on the C marked BCG.
Link Posted: 9/25/2018 1:40:15 PM EDT
[#13]

View Quote
Literally posted one page back.....

Colt cage code upper. BCG is C marked. Upper is T marked, and oddly enough in white. Rail has subdued T markings.
Link Posted: 9/25/2018 2:31:35 PM EDT
[#14]
Heads up for those looking to pick up a Vortex Razor Gen II HD 1-6x for this build. EurOptic is blowing out their current stock on the JM-1 MOA and VMR-2 MOA reticle versions (sorry no VMR-2 MRAD reticle listed) for $949.

Link Posted: 9/25/2018 3:29:14 PM EDT
[#15]
Heads up for those looking to pick up a Vortex Razor Gen II HD 1-6x for this build. EurOptic is blowing out their current stock on the JM-1 MOA and VMR-2 MOA reticle versions (sorry no VMR-2 MRAD reticle listed) for $949.

https://i.imgur.com/KA3Od7L.png
View Quote
So what's the consensus when I buy one of the JM-1 or VMR-2 MOA models and end up wanting to sell it down the road which is easier to sell. Lol

I know if I buy one I'm just going to turn around and want the MRAD...
Link Posted: 9/25/2018 3:32:22 PM EDT
[#16]

Colt cage code upper. BCG is C marked. Upper is T marked, and oddly enough in white. Rail has subdued T markings.
View All Quotes

What do you mean by "oddly enough in white"?
Link Posted: 9/25/2018 3:36:07 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By awd_xtc:
And que the panic and talk about it being over gassed in 3 2 1...
View Quote
And this post proves the idiots are starting up..
Link Posted: 9/25/2018 3:56:29 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By 5pt56:

So what's the consensus when I buy one of the JM-1 or VMR-2 MOA models and end up wanting to sell it down the road which is easier to sell. Lol

I know if I buy one I'm just going to turn around and want the MRAD...
View Quote
Personally I would find the JM-1 to be the more desirable of the two if you are shooting 3-Gun matches, it's very intuitive on the fly. I agree, the MRAD version is the one to have but some people prefer MOA (I don't get it lol).
Link Posted: 9/25/2018 7:39:42 PM EDT
[#19]

View Quote
Wonder if this means new models are coming
Link Posted: 9/25/2018 8:00:55 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By Chompion:
View All Quotes

I would bet that it’s because everyone is buying the -E models so they’re trying to get rid of the older models that they have in stock.
Link Posted: 9/25/2018 9:30:32 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By dcf1981:

I would bet that it’s because everyone is buying the -E models so they’re trying to get rid of the older models that they have in stock.
View Quote
I think you are correct from the convo I had when I called them today. Of course I was told that the $949 pricing will remain until all inventory is liquidated and when I asked if they were going to do the same thing for the VMR-2 MRAD it was " we have no current plans to do so"....sounds like the government. Lol. Or "dont worry, we'll take it from here".
Link Posted: 9/25/2018 10:52:50 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By Alexbrooks:

View Quote
Actually I was referring to the comments in the video you fuck
Link Posted: 9/25/2018 11:15:45 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By samuse:
I've been playing with the A5, Sprinco springs, all different weights of buffers.  None of them do anything appreciably different than a carbine spring and H or H2.

If it doesn't run on a carbine spring and an H or H2 buffer, get a better barrel.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By samuse:
Originally Posted By WTFShane:
I tried to do a comparison test between different buffer spring setups. It didn't go too well because they all felt somewhat similar.

Left has Tubbs spring w/ Spikes T2 buffer, middle has VLTOR A5 system w/ A5H2 buffer, and right has Geissele Super 42 spring w/ H2 buffer.

https://farm2.staticflickr.com/1967/30985969228_7c2d872e45_c.jpg
You should have tried the standard carbine spring and a H2 as well.
I've been playing with the A5, Sprinco springs, all different weights of buffers.  None of them do anything appreciably different than a carbine spring and H or H2.

If it doesn't run on a carbine spring and an H or H2 buffer, get a better barrel.
It’s crazy how people get carried away with buffer and spring weights. Factory is best. Let’s not reinvent the wheel.
Link Posted: 9/25/2018 11:17:39 PM EDT
[#24]
I didn't bother to think of that. My mind was stuck on trying to tame the recoil of a lightweight barrel and flash hider. Maybe next time.
View All Quotes

You should have tried the standard carbine spring and a H2 as well.
I didn't bother to think of that. My mind was stuck on trying to tame the recoil of a lightweight barrel and flash hider. Maybe next time.
This is a perfect example of overthinking the whole buffer/spring fiasco. “Tame the recoil”. This isn’t a shotgun.
Link Posted: 9/25/2018 11:44:45 PM EDT
[#25]

View Quote
I thought the Gen II-E was the new model. Brownells shows the Gen-II 1-6x as discontinued.
Link Posted: 9/25/2018 11:53:08 PM EDT
[#26]

I thought the Gen II-E was the new model. Brownells shows the Gen-II 1-6x as discontinued.
View Quote
There's a new new model coming....

Just kidding before I send everyone into a frenzy...haha
Link Posted: 9/26/2018 12:06:03 AM EDT
[#27]

View Quote
That's a smoking deal, that would look good on my Block II
Link Posted: 9/26/2018 12:11:50 AM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By FREEFALLE7:
That's a smoking deal, that would look good on my Block II
View Quote
Or use the vortex14 code and get the HD-E VMR-2 MRAD for $1200...

To me the extra  $250 is worth the "correct" reticle.
Link Posted: 9/26/2018 12:17:27 AM EDT
[#29]
View All Quotes

Cool it with the foul mouth. Open hostility is a sign of sexual frustration. Do something about it??
Link Posted: 9/26/2018 12:36:16 AM EDT
[Last Edit: purevl2] [#30]

View Quote
So someone posted that they bought a complete clone upper and then posted pics of it?  I saw @vanquishings post of an upper, but never substantiated that it was a complete clone upper.  Other's were as confused as I currently am.

When someone says they received a complete clone upper and posts pics of it, let me know.
Link Posted: 9/26/2018 12:43:08 AM EDT
[#31]

Or use the vortex14 code and get the HD-E VMR-2 MRAD for $1200...

To me the extra  $250 is worth the "correct" reticle.
View Quote
I agree that I would prefer to have the correct optic down to the exact reticle, but for the savings some could consider that worth flexing for. After all, you'll never know the difference unless you look through the optic and/or check under the turret caps.
Link Posted: 9/26/2018 12:50:01 AM EDT
[#32]

I agree that I would prefer to have the correct optic down to the exact reticle, but for the savings some could consider that worth flexing for. After all, you'll never know the difference unless you look through the optic and/or check under the turret caps.
View Quote
Very true but I was referring more to functionality for me. I run MRAD on everything I can. Some Leupy's as an exception.

Stop it or you're going to talk me into it...
Link Posted: 9/26/2018 2:27:19 AM EDT
[Last Edit: awd_xtc] [#33]

Cool it with the foul mouth.
View Quote
Do you need a tissue?
Link Posted: 9/26/2018 2:56:52 AM EDT
[#34]
Do you need a tissue?
View All Quotes

Cool it with the foul mouth.
Do you need a tissue?
This isn’t gd. Cut it out.
Link Posted: 9/26/2018 3:20:18 AM EDT
[#35]

So someone posted that they bought a complete clone upper and then posted pics of it?  I saw @vanquishings post of an upper, but never substantiated that it was a complete clone upper.  Other's were as confused as I currently am.

When someone says they received a complete clone upper and posts pics of it, let me know.
View Quote
Sure. In that case, *ahem* I received a complete clone upper and posted pictures of it. Posted those shots before I even de-greased it, actually.
Link Posted: 9/26/2018 3:22:52 AM EDT
[Last Edit: awd_xtc] [#36]
Edit: no longer worth my time
Link Posted: 9/26/2018 7:45:14 AM EDT
[#37]

Very true but I was referring more to functionality for me. I run MRAD on everything I can. Some Leupy's as an exception.

Stop it or you're going to talk me into it...
View Quote
Haha, I hear you, I wouldn't own a MOA optic for anything. My mind functions in the superior MRAD state of mind lol. That said, for quick ranging and hits out to 600m the JM-1 reticle is fantastic.
Link Posted: 9/26/2018 7:57:23 AM EDT
[#38]

Sure. In that case, *ahem* I received a complete clone upper and posted pictures of it. Posted those shots before I even de-greased it, actually.
View Quote
Works for me and thanks for the pics!  Sorry for getting lippy in my previous post.
Link Posted: 9/26/2018 8:35:58 AM EDT
[#39]

Haha, I hear you, I wouldn't own a MOA optic for anything. My mind functions in the superior MRAD state of mind lol. That said, for quick ranging and hits out to 600m the JM-1 reticle is fantastic.
View Quote
Stuck here in the past.. enjoying my MOA Viper
Link Posted: 9/26/2018 9:11:29 AM EDT
[#40]
@Pezboytate

What do you think about adding ITW or as seen so far LPVO's on page 1? I've been searching for that list that was discussed but can't seem to find it so instead, if you'll list them then everyone can say "look at page 1"
Link Posted: 9/26/2018 10:19:34 AM EDT
[#41]
Swapping between MILs and MOA is not difficult unless you're trying to convert shit, like if you have a MOA scope and a MIL spotter.

If you're just shooting by yourself, switch your ballistic app to MOA and rock on.
Link Posted: 9/26/2018 11:30:55 AM EDT
[#42]
@Pezboytate

What do you think about adding ITW or as seen so far LPVO's on page 1? I've been searching for that list that was discussed but can't seem to find it so instead, if you'll list them then everyone can say "look at page 1"
View Quote
We don't really have any ITW pics of the URG-I yet, do we?
Link Posted: 9/26/2018 11:36:48 AM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By pezboytate:

We don't really have any ITW pics of the URG-I yet, do we?
View Quote
Probably just the T&E pics so poor wording on my part. Point is I'm trying to get the list previously discussed. NF NX8, Vortex Razor HD, etc, etc?
Link Posted: 9/26/2018 11:48:04 AM EDT
[Last Edit: pezboytate] [#44]
It's a shot in the dark IMO. I wouldn't go out and buy an optic for a clone because it may be what is issued in the future. If you guys want to buy an NX8 or whatever and don't mind if it isn't issued later, that's okay with me but I don't think it should be on the first page until we verify they're issued. Just my opinion.
Link Posted: 9/26/2018 1:23:02 PM EDT
[#45]

Works for me and thanks for the pics!  Sorry for getting lippy in my previous post.
View Quote
No worries, I probably mentioned it in an earlier post, but didn't mention it in the picture post.

If you have any questions about details on the complete clone upper, don't be a afraid to reach out. I can give you the answers.
Link Posted: 9/26/2018 5:14:45 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 46MUSCLE01] [#46]
Got my pinned clone from Proven arms/ Quantico today

Link Posted: 9/26/2018 5:41:26 PM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By 46MUSCLE01:
http://i.imgur.com/2O4JkkK.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/RaYoAgp.jpg
View Quote
Link Posted: 9/26/2018 5:59:36 PM EDT
[#48]
View Quote
Post a pic of the pin/weld if you can.
Link Posted: 9/26/2018 6:50:38 PM EDT
[#49]
View Quote
Sweet! I hope mine with the Vortex mount is soon to follow from Charlie's but I've yet to hear anything.
Link Posted: 9/26/2018 7:34:46 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By brodband8:

Post a pic of the pin/weld if you can.
View Quote

Page / 262
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top