Page / 87
Link Posted: 5/4/2021 7:30:55 PM EDT
[Last Edit: HKocher] [#1]
…..
Link Posted: 5/4/2021 8:34:10 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By HKocher:
Something different. Top, left, “Recce” upper.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/83/2DC6703E-94BE-487D-86C1-D8083A5E7BA6_jpe-1929744.JPG
View Quote

Great picture, nice to see the Ergo grips and Magpul accessories.

I'm guessing that recce upper is a private purchase on an issued lower.
Link Posted: 5/4/2021 10:05:48 PM EDT
[#3]
Something different. Top, left, “Recce” upper.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/83/2DC6703E-94BE-487D-86C1-D8083A5E7BA6_jpe-1929744.JPG
View Quote

I think that’s the first time I’ve seen VFGs on them, I feel better about mine now.
Link Posted: 5/4/2021 11:00:02 PM EDT
[#4]
I'm guessing those are gen 2 razors? Interesting pic, whats the source?
Link Posted: 5/6/2021 2:46:32 PM EDT
[#5]
Going to be building a HRT clone soon (not 100% correct clone).

Parts I have so far are the Gen 2 HRT federal Geissele Rail in Black, Geissele black nitride gas block, 11.5 Criterion core barrel or my custom douglass 11 inch (waiting to find a Colt 11.5 Heavy barrel), BCM upper and lower, BCM BCG, Geissele SD 3 gun trigger, Vltor A5 buffer system, probably going to run the B5 systems stock and pistol grip, FCD 6315KM for my dead air can, will have either my Eotech or a holosun 403b in a unity tactical fast mount. So it won't be a true clone but it will be close enough for me and still made of high quality parts.
Link Posted: 5/6/2021 4:21:04 PM EDT
[Last Edit: HKocher] [#6]
…..
Link Posted: 5/6/2021 4:21:53 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By RB351: So it won't be a true clone but it will be close enough for me and still made of high quality parts.
View Quote

The only clone part you have at all is the rail, which is the wrong color for HRT. I'm sure it'll be a nice rifle, but those are some major changes from the clones.
Link Posted: 5/7/2021 10:21:14 AM EDT
[#8]

No, that would not be allowed. Intended for use with LPVO to give better terminal ballistics than the 11.5” at longer than CQB distances.
View Quote

Are you sure? They do that in the SF community, not sure why the FBI would be more stingy with the regs
Link Posted: 5/7/2021 10:50:52 AM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By ThRob:

Are you sure? They do that in the SF community, not sure why the FBI would be more stingy with the regs
View Quote

Because the FBI operates domestically, investigating US citizens, with far more associated liability, red tape and oversight on a daily basis?

SOF is an entirely different animal from domestic law enforcement.
Link Posted: 5/7/2021 11:34:56 AM EDT
[Last Edit: HKocher] [#10]
…..
Link Posted: 5/7/2021 9:58:13 PM EDT
[Last Edit: C6H12O6] [#11]
G stainless gas block [was] in the EE right now (not mine)
Link Posted: 5/8/2021 4:22:38 PM EDT
[Last Edit: splbass17] [#12]
Wrong post- removed
Link Posted: 5/8/2021 4:37:23 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By AZgunner:

From what I was told, the stripped Colt 6933 barrels are grossly overgassed. The consensus seems to be that they're significantly larger than .070. I used a BRT insert on my Geissele SGB to get the port size down to about .069, which is in line with what the FBI guns are running.

View Quote

Hey just curious, when you say 6933 are you talking about the basic Colt 6933 without the FBI barrel? I thought 6933 means the light weight barrel by default, with the huge gas-por. I've never seen a stock Colt upper sold with the FBI heavy profile barrel, its only the light-weight barrel when you order the 6933 from Colt.

I hear it has a grand canyon sized 0.80 massive gas port that isn't sexy and modern, just a huge hole. I mean, why even have such a huge gas port to begin with, I assume its so people can shoot low-power .223 rounds. So now everyone seems to be ordering the restricted gas-tubes. I guess that's a way to soften the recoil from the massive port, just have a smaller tube.

Are you guys using the "regular" profile Colt 6933 barrels to build FBI clones too? That's what caught my attention, I was under the impression that no-one likes the smaller light barrels. I thought you guys only like the cool FBI heavy version with the preferred gas-port? I'm about to take off the FSP and throw a rail on the thing, just haven't decided which rail and who does good work (where should I send it).

Link Posted: 5/9/2021 1:13:12 AM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By splbass17:

Hey just curious, when you say 6933 are you talking about the basic Colt 6933 without the FBI barrel? I thought 6933 means the light weight barrel by default, with the huge gas-por. I've never seen a stock Colt upper sold with the FBI heavy profile barrel, its only the light-weight barrel when you order the 6933 from Colt.

I hear it has a grand canyon sized 0.80 massive gas port that isn't sexy and modern, just a huge hole. I mean, why even have such a huge gas port to begin with, I assume its so people can shoot low-power .223 rounds. So now everyone seems to be ordering the restricted gas-tubes. I guess that's a way to soften the recoil from the massive port, just have a smaller tube.

Are you guys using the "regular" profile Colt 6933 barrels to build FBI clones too? That's what caught my attention, I was under the impression that no-one likes the smaller light barrels. I thought you guys only like the cool FBI heavy version with the preferred gas-port? I'm about to take off the FSP and throw a rail on the thing, just haven't decided which rail and who does good work (where should I send it).

View Quote

Ya, the 6933 Commando barrel is correct for all FBI clones except an HRT clone. The 6933 barrels are definitely overgassed, I haven't measured mine but pages back I believe guys measured current production ones at about .074
Link Posted: 5/10/2021 10:21:38 AM EDT
[#15]

No, that would not be allowed. Intended for use with LPVO to give better terminal ballistics than the 11.5” at longer than CQB distances.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By ThRob:
I'm guessing that recce upper is a private purchase on an issued lower.

This.
That picture looks like they are tagged for inspection/PM. HKocher, anything else you would like to share?
Link Posted: 5/10/2021 11:37:35 PM EDT
[#16]

Ya, the 6933 Commando barrel is correct for all FBI clones except an HRT clone. The 6933 barrels are definitely overgassed, I haven't measured mine but pages back I believe guys measured current production ones at about .074
View All Quotes

My 2 new ones measure in at 0.074"
Link Posted: 5/11/2021 10:24:53 AM EDT
[#17]

Ya, the 6933 Commando barrel is correct for all FBI clones except an HRT clone. The 6933 barrels are definitely over gassed, I haven't measured mine but pages back I believe guys measured current production ones at about .074
View Quote

.074- roger that. Oh man, I had no idea that some FBI guys are using the standard barrel. I was confused, got it now! I'm glad the 6933 that I got isn't half bad then, I was starting to think I did a bad job (especially because no cage code or "C"- bummer). Cool, well I really like the idea of it being so light and if the FBI trusts it that gives me confidence.
Link Posted: 5/11/2021 10:28:09 AM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By Tejas1836:

View Quote

Did your new ones have "C' or cage code? I'm a little bummed about that, if Brownells will take it back and another vendor has one with the markings Id strongly consider.

Thanks for sharing the 0.74'' thats not terrible. The more I think of it, L.E. ammo is often .223 such as Gold Dot and the red box stuff what's it called, I think Hornady makes it called TAP. So maybe the larger port isn't a terrible idea, if that's important to run .223 more reliably.
Link Posted: 5/11/2021 10:32:06 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Tejas1836] [#19]

Did your new ones have "C' or cage code? I'm a little bummed about that, if Brownells will take it back and another vendor has one with the markings Id strongly consider.

Thanks for sharing the 0.74'' thats not terrible. The more I think of it, L.E. ammo is often .223 such as Gold Dot and the red box stuff what's it called, I think Hornady makes it called TAP. So maybe the larger port isn't a terrible idea, if that's important to run .223 more reliably.
View All Quotes

cage.
You can always step down the port. I make .069-.070 gas block plugs using 10/32x3/16" set screws, which really does help, I only shoot 5.56 suppressed with Tubb spring and H2 (H3 with .074 port)
Link Posted: 5/12/2021 12:45:49 AM EDT
[Last Edit: TCBA_Joe] [#20]
Link Posted: 5/13/2021 12:53:42 PM EDT
[Last Edit: EMSintraining] [#21]
Here's another question. Have we seen any non-Colt uppers in use on HRT or regional team guns? FN? Mueller? any other of the big names?
Link Posted: 5/13/2021 4:27:39 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By EMSintraining:
Here's another question. Have we seen any non-Colt uppers in use on HRT or regional team guns? FN? Mueller? any other of the big names?
View Quote

They are probably all colt uppers
Link Posted: 5/13/2021 4:37:43 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By Bhavin22:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By EMSintraining:

I know RRA lowers have been mentioned, due to the number of them that were still kicking around FBI armories, but in have no idea if that would transfer to uppers. Considering that the only confirmed correct barrels are Colt, I would imagine you're probably right about the uppers.
Link Posted: 5/17/2021 8:44:42 AM EDT
[#24]

cage.
You can always step down the port. I make .069-.070 gas block plugs using 10/32x3/16" set screws, which really does help, I only shoot 5.56 suppressed with Tubb spring and H2 (H3 with .074 port)
View Quote

Thanks man, that's great info and I wrote it down!!

I shot it for the first time this weekend. Ive always been into the best ammo possible so MK262, FBI Bear Claw, M855a1, etc.

I accidentally bought .223 and it actually runs smooth with an H3 buffer and .223. Turns out I love it, it's like a .22lr!

I think I'll buy a second 6933 and tune the port to run hotter 5.56 but my 8 yr old would love this current 11.5" Colt with the almost non-existent recoil. It's like a toy.

Now I'm thinking about setting up for my wife with .223 Gold Dot 75 grain. That defensive load in .223 had zero recoil as well this weekend (I tested 10 loads and all the buffer weights) and GD 75 grain grouped the tightest (0.5 MOA at 100 meters, 5 shot groups- confirmed 3 times). I'm almost glad about it now! Shot w/ Eotech EXPS3-0 w/ 3x magnifier prone.

Trying to find a Geissele MK4 Federal for under $300 (any color). Love it so much may get 2 rails and do 1 FBI clone and 1 KAC RIS/RAS military clone.
Link Posted: 5/17/2021 8:48:51 AM EDT
[#25]
On that SWAT TV show, why do they all carry a different AR15. Doesn't a SWAT outfit use all the same setup just in case another member needs to use 'your' rifle?
Link Posted: 5/17/2021 8:53:46 AM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 5/18/2021 8:57:46 PM EDT
[#27]
Posted my Colt cage coded upper receiver in the EE. New in wrapper.  Thanks.
Link Posted: 5/21/2021 7:24:36 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Winniethepooh] [#28]
Edit
Link Posted: 5/22/2021 5:17:38 AM EDT
[#29]
For those who might be curious about the Thenar

Link Posted: 5/22/2021 7:45:36 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Urushiol] [#30]
Is there a consensus that the gas tube without the insert + H3 buffer is good to go? I will most likely suppress it in the future
Link Posted: 5/23/2021 8:41:14 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By Urushiol:
Is there a consensus that the gas tube without the insert + H3 buffer is good to go? I will most likely suppress it in the future
View Quote

Yes it should work but might be a little on the gassy side depending on what barrel you have.
Link Posted: 5/24/2021 12:23:25 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Urushiol] [#32]

Yes it should work but might be a little on the gassy side depending on what barrel you have.
View Quote

It is the LE6933 barrel
Link Posted: 5/24/2021 3:09:04 PM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By Urushiol:

It is the LE6933 barrel
View Quote

That’s the same as I have but I run the brt gas tube and H2 with a can.
Link Posted: 5/31/2021 6:06:32 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AWHAILYEAH] [#34]
With the latest ODG Rail Drop this is a bump..............................
Link Posted: 6/11/2021 1:59:45 AM EDT
[#35]
For the field agent (black rail) what are the correct back up sights? Troy or MBUS Pros? I've seen in the thread that apparently all are supposed to be upgraded to magpul sights but i'm not too sure
Link Posted: 6/11/2021 2:52:53 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By LP610:
For the field agent (black rail) what are the correct back up sights? Troy or MBUS Pros? I've seen in the thread that apparently all are supposed to be upgraded to magpul sights but i'm not too sure
View Quote

My guess is both are correct by now
Link Posted: 6/11/2021 5:37:40 PM EDT
[#37]
Any source on the red paper tag thingys? I want to be 100% clone correct.
Link Posted: 6/12/2021 9:47:08 AM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By Slu54:
Any source on the red paper tag thingys? I want to be 100% clone correct.
View Quote

Link Posted: 6/14/2021 6:41:12 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Winniethepooh] [#39]

Still deciding on a grip and needing a pressure pad…
Link Posted: 6/15/2021 12:59:13 PM EDT
[#40]
Anyone have the geissele port restricted gas block? I'm willing to MASSIVELY overpay for one!
Link Posted: 6/15/2021 9:30:04 PM EDT
[Last Edit: doyouquaxu] [#41]
If memory serves correct, there's only one guy in here with one outside of government guns. Good luck though
Link Posted: 6/15/2021 9:32:35 PM EDT
[#42]
I had BRT do a gas port insert on my Geissele Super Gas Block. When I contacted them, they said they recommend the insert for duty use, rather than the gas tube.
Link Posted: 6/15/2021 9:55:26 PM EDT
[#43]
I had BRT do a gas port insert on my Geissele Super Gas Block. When I contacted them, they said they recommend the insert for duty use, rather than the gas tube.
View Quote

I really wish I had picked up one of their installation kits and some of the inserts cause they quit selling them. I thought they quit because they weren’t happy with the long term effects.
Link Posted: 6/15/2021 11:15:52 PM EDT
[Last Edit: FONTY] [#44]
Originally Posted By DackJaniels:

I really wish I had picked up one of their installation kits and some of the inserts cause they quit selling them. I thought they quit because they weren’t happy with the long term effects.
View Quote

I need a few myself, I wonder why they stopped selling them.
Link Posted: 6/16/2021 2:19:01 AM EDT
[#45]
McMaster-Carr

>Super-Corrosion-Resistant 316 Stainless Steel Flat-Tip Set Screws 10-32, 3/16”, 92158A367

>TiN coated wire gauge 50 high speed drill bit, 29045A775

>Class Z plug go gauges

= .070” hole
Link Posted: 6/18/2021 6:43:19 PM EDT
[#46]
So why did the FBI go for the DD micro mount as opposed say a Geissele?
Link Posted: 6/18/2021 9:39:43 PM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By snapcan:
So why did the FBI go for the DD micro mount as opposed say a Geissele?
View Quote

Probably already had them on hand considering they are the older one piece lower 1/3 mounts
Link Posted: 6/20/2021 10:39:16 AM EDT
[#48]
What would be a correct weapon light setup for one of these? In the OP it just says sure fire, what model should I get and what pressure pad do the fedbois use?
Link Posted: 6/20/2021 11:17:20 AM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By EggyMean:
What would be a correct weapon light setup for one of these? In the OP it just says sure fire, what model should I get and what pressure pad do the fedbois use?
View Quote

From the pics I have seen looks like inforce or SureFire m300 with single pressure pad.
Here is a older BCM training pic again
Link Posted: 6/20/2021 12:00:34 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By EggyMean:
View Quote

From what I've seen in the thread, it's been mostly the Inforce WML
Page / 87
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top