User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Page / 87
Link Posted: 11/12/2020 3:59:09 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By 3ACR_Scout:
Brownells just got the stripped Colt 11.5" 6933 barrels back in stock for those non-HRT clones:

160-000-516WB LE6933 Replacement Barrel Stripped 11.5in

$246.99 right now, so $20 more than Apex, but there may be a coupon code out there. Looks like SAE worked recently for $15, but there may be a $20 off $200 coupon available. Just another option if someone is already planning an order with Brownells.
View Quote

I like Apex but I'd pay the $20 extra to replace it incase I got bit by shoddy Colt QC a third time.  That said my Brownell's sourced 6933 stripped barrel was perfect.
Link Posted: 11/15/2020 4:17:53 PM EDT
[Last Edit: NoveskeFan] [#2]
Might’ve been asked and I missed it.  Anyone blown out a QD socket on these rails (Geissele MK4 Federal)?  Would it be better to mount a rail or m-lok slot QD socket instead of using the built in sockets?  With as hard as these are to acquire, just wondering if it’s an issue.  Thanks.
Link Posted: 11/15/2020 5:48:55 PM EDT
[#3]
I finally have an appropriate optic coming for this build.  Ended up getting an Aimpoint H2.  Now I need a mount and that’s where I’m stuck.  The build still isn’t 100% correct since it has a SOPMOD stock and HRT profile barrel.  

So should I go with the Spuhr HRT mount or Daniel Defense mount?  Other non clone options would be either a Geissele or Larue.

Link Posted: 11/15/2020 6:59:45 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By HD2006:
So should I go with the Spuhr HRT mount or Daniel Defense mount?  Other non clone options would be either a Geissele or Larue.
View Quote

Looks great! Personally, I think since you went with the OD green version, you should go with the Daniel Defense mount, which is what regional SWAT uses for their Aimpoints. You can see several photo examples in the original post on page 1.
Link Posted: 11/15/2020 8:17:05 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By KimberZ71:
Might’ve been asked and I missed it.  Anyone blown out a QD socket on these rails (Geissele MK4 Federal)?  Would it be better to mount a rail or m-lok slot QD socket instead of using the built in sockets?  With as hard as these are to acquire, just wondering if it’s an issue.  Thanks.
View Quote

Steel QD sockets are never a bad idea, I went with one from Forward Controls Design.
Link Posted: 11/15/2020 10:43:11 PM EDT
[#6]
I finally have an appropriate optic coming for this build.  Ended up getting an Aimpoint H2.  Now I need a mount and that’s where I’m stuck.  The build still isn’t 100% correct since it has a SOPMOD stock and HRT profile barrel.  

https://i.imgur.com/TPCWOO3.jpg
View Quote

I went with a DD mount on mine but only because it was cheaper
Link Posted: 11/15/2020 10:44:46 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By Bhavin22:

I went with a DD mount on mine but only because it was cheaper
View Quote

Ended up snagging a lower 1/3 Geissele off of the EE for a good price so going with that for now.  
Link Posted: 11/20/2020 9:17:12 PM EDT
[#8]
Got my Reptilia CQG in field drab cause it was the closest color they offer to Green...it's pretty tan/fde. What color is getting fielded?
Link Posted: 11/22/2020 2:56:24 PM EDT
[#9]
Not sure how to link you tube videos but I came across a hrt video. Most of it is older footage and old gear but at the very end I think I see a couple G rails.
Video name of you want to search it
FBI Hostage Rescue Team | FBI HRT
It’s about 30 minutes long.
Link Posted: 11/22/2020 3:40:01 PM EDT
[#10]
I wonder if this how people feel when stepping into the mk18 thread.. lol
Link Posted: 11/22/2020 3:56:24 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By wissota4:
View Quote

That’s a whole different beast over there
Link Posted: 11/22/2020 4:01:22 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Sputnik556] [#12]
Originally Posted By wissota4:
View Quote

Ah, I remember my first venture into that thread.

I had some questions regarding correctness, and some kind soul told me that I would have to read the whole thread in order to find out. That was one of many excellent experiences I’ve had in there.

If I ever do build a MK18, I’m going to do it wrong and post a bunch of pics in there just out of spite.
Link Posted: 11/22/2020 5:42:46 PM EDT
[#13]
Not sure how to link you tube videos but I came across a hrt video. Most of it is older footage and old gear but at the very end I think I see a couple G rails.
Video name of you want to search it
FBI Hostage Rescue Team | FBI HRT
It’s about 30 minutes long.
View Quote

There’s a small YT symbol between the picture icon and the Twitter bird at the top of the edit window. Here you go:

Link Posted: 11/22/2020 6:58:48 PM EDT
[#14]

There’s a small YT symbol between the picture icon and the Twitter bird at the top of the edit window. Here you go:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8VyTpU378R0
View Quote

Thanks
Link Posted: 11/22/2020 8:14:44 PM EDT
[Last Edit: C6H12O6] [#15]
Originally Posted By Sputnik556:

If I ever do build a MK18, I’m going to do it wrong and post a bunch of pics in there just out of spite.
View Quote

I always wanted to post pics in that thread of my Mk18 FSP sitting on my Tapco lower but chickened out since that lower wasn't SBR’d.

And when the PSA M4A1 was being developed some guys in that thread were acting as if their commercial Colt M4 lowers were somehow more ‘clone correct’ than one from PSA. Ridiculous.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/22/2020 10:59:30 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By C6H12O6:

I always wanted to post pics in that thread of my Mk18 FSP sitting on my Tapco lower but chickened out since that lower wasn't SBR’d.

And when the PSA M4A1 was being developed some guys in that thread were acting as if their commercial Colt M4 lowers were somehow more ‘clone correct’ than one from PSA. Ridiculous.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/123535/DAC9EB82-9FD8-4281-A676-3E566D915DBD_jpe-1697270.JPG
View Quote

Is that a 300 blkout
Link Posted: 11/23/2020 1:03:55 AM EDT
[#17]

Is that a 300 blkout
View Quote

Yeah, a Wilson Combat 11.3” barrel w/ Dead Air Nomad.
Link Posted: 11/23/2020 11:06:38 AM EDT
[#18]

Thanks
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8VyTpU378R0

Thanks

Looks like a lot of the older footage in that video compilation came from Joan Lunden's old show, Behind Closed Doors: FBI HRT, which originally aired April 13, 2001. An interesting overview of the team, even if dated and a little dramatized. It shows MP5s as their primary weapons, which I'm guessing were 10mm based on the straight stick magazines:

Joan Lunden Behind Closed Doors: FBI Hostage Rescue
Link Posted: 11/23/2020 1:12:54 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By C6H12O6:

Yeah, a Wilson Combat 11.3” barrel w/ Dead Air Nomad.
View Quote

Exactly what I have but I got mine coated black and using the sico chimera can
Link Posted: 11/23/2020 7:41:45 PM EDT
[#20]
I’ve had a colt 11.5 barrel burning a hole in my pocket for about six months. Beside the EE, is Geissele going to be producing any MK4 Federals in Black anytime soon?

Thanks, Jim
Link Posted: 11/23/2020 8:33:56 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By Garthe:
I’ve had a colt 11.5 barrel burning a hole in my pocket for about six months. Beside the EE, is Geissele going to be producing any MK4 Federals in Black anytime soon?

Thanks, Jim
View Quote

I'm for an answer if anyone actually knows. My smart a@$ answer would be they will be back in stock when hell freezes over. I'm so sick of waiting on G.
Link Posted: 11/23/2020 8:57:55 PM EDT
[#22]
I just put a WTB ad in the EE. I’m going to go buy lottery tickets...I’m feeling lucky...lol.
Link Posted: 11/23/2020 9:42:48 PM EDT
[Last Edit: mdavis] [#23]
Originally Posted By 5pt56:

I'm for an answer if anyone actually knows. My smart a@$ answer would be they will be back in stock when hell freezes over. I'm so sick of waiting on G.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By 5pt56:
Originally Posted By Garthe:

Thanks, Jim

I just sold one in the EE about a month ago. Gen 1 black. So they are out there.
Link Posted: 11/23/2020 9:44:43 PM EDT
[Last Edit: JLAudio] [#24]
I might have a spare green gen 1 rail kit, new in box. I can't remember If I sold the last one I had in January, I had 3. I should know in the next week, in the process of moving all of my spare gun parts out of the storage unit from a recent move.
Link Posted: 11/23/2020 11:10:01 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By mdavis:

I just sold one in the EE about a month ago. Gen 1 black. So they are out there.
View Quote

I'm so sick of waiting on G.
Link Posted: 11/24/2020 10:21:25 AM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By Ed_Victory:

I've been told we should start seeing Reptilia's CQG grip in OD green sometime soon. I'll probably go with that.
View Quote
@Ed_victory were you alluding to them being issued, or just a non-clone grip you liked?
Link Posted: 11/24/2020 9:44:51 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Ed_Victory] [#27]
Originally Posted By HappyCamel:
@Ed_victory were you alluding to them being issued, or just a non-clone grip you liked?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By HappyCamel:
Originally Posted By Ed_Victory:

I've been told we should start seeing Reptilia's CQG grip in OD green sometime soon. I'll probably go with that.

Non-clone preference, my clone jumped the shark some time ago. Reptilia’s initial test batch of ODG CQGs were a bit too dark, not sure if they’ve shelved the idea or are just behind like everyone else.

I’ve since swapped the CQG for a B5 Type 23, also non-clone. Not sure which I prefer but they’re both solid grips.
Link Posted: 11/28/2020 12:07:49 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Hidesite] [#28]
Been playing with buffer weight and springs on my [G tan rail/Colt heavy 11.5 barrel/G std gas block] rifle with a Surefire suppressor. Rifle has a couple thousand rounds out of it. It is normally run with H3 and Colt spring. (After seeing RA556B cause malfunctions in 14.5" duty guns when suppressed with H buffers, I like heavier buffers, especially on shorter guns.)

Firing various 5.56 duty loads:
H buffer + Colt spring = 1 o'clock
H2 buffer + Colt spring, H3 buffer + Colt spring, & H2 buffer + Springco red spring, A5H2 + Colt rifle spring = 2 o'clock.
H3 buffer + Springco red spring = 3 o'clock.

Everything locked back on empty mag. I was surprised how many configurations gave the exact same ejection pattern. Once I get some -20 nights in January I'll play with this again to make sure I get lock back on empty. It's my work gun and I only run suppressed, so I don't really care what it does without the can or with shitty ammo. To cut the gas on these I really think you need a restricted gas block. Running suppressed on one of these with the standard M4 lower configuration (H + std spring) seems like it will really beat the gun up.
Link Posted: 11/28/2020 1:31:43 PM EDT
[#29]

https://i.imgur.com/TPCWOO3.jpg
View Quote

Looks great
Link Posted: 11/30/2020 12:06:45 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 12/1/2020 11:32:21 AM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 12/2/2020 2:32:11 AM EDT
[#32]
So clone-ish build, I have two this is the same one. This is my work rifle

Link Posted: 12/2/2020 4:18:41 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Bhavin22] [#33]
Originally Posted By karmapolice:
So clone-ish build, I have two this is the same one. This is my work rifle

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/50671033341_297817fac8_b.jpg

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/50670292378_fb6c773254_b.jpg
View Quote

Nice. What color is that rail? Looks DDC
Link Posted: 12/2/2020 4:38:12 PM EDT
[#34]

Nice. What color is that rail? Looks DDC
View Quote

Thanks!

It is DDC, I have another one with a black one I painted. It has the NX8 on it right now but did have a T1 which I traded for the EXPS3 that is now on my work rifle lol.

Link Posted: 12/3/2020 1:58:36 AM EDT
[#35]

Anyway I can get a close up of the buis and the exact model numbers? Thanks
Link Posted: 12/3/2020 11:16:54 AM EDT
[Last Edit: YukonBoy03] [#36]
Originally Posted By MeanGun:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By MeanGun:

those are just Troy's - it's the M4 front.
Link Posted: 12/3/2020 11:50:00 AM EDT
[#37]
This thread needs more green buffer tubes
Link Posted: 12/3/2020 12:30:57 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Hidesite] [#38]
Like he said, just Troys. But here you go.
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 12/3/2020 12:53:07 PM EDT
[#39]

Those are both very nice, very good clone of a field office team rifle.
Link Posted: 12/3/2020 7:51:35 PM EDT
[#40]
Thank you, guys. Just wanted to make sure I ask santa for the right sights. Trying to make the upper as correct as possible and the sights were the last piece
Link Posted: 12/3/2020 9:44:22 PM EDT
[#41]
Are there any kosher alternatives to the green geissele gov CH people have seen in use? I see lots of builds here with black geisseles and PRI M84s.
Link Posted: 12/4/2020 4:44:13 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By far_north_311:
Are there any kosher alternatives to the green geissele gov CH people have seen in use? I see lots of builds here with black geisseles and PRI M84s.
View Quote

I would guess stock colt CH is as issue
Link Posted: 12/4/2020 9:28:25 PM EDT
[#43]
View Quote

Has the green Geissele actually been seen in use yet?

I’m using a black ACH on mine.

Link Posted: 12/4/2020 10:21:28 PM EDT
[#44]
View Quote

Has the green Geissele actually been seen in use yet?
View Quote

Yeah, I've never seen any evidence or heard it mentioned here that green charging handles are in use on real FBI rifles. Every parts breakdown I've seen here refers to standard GI (Colt) CHs in actual use. I believe people were diverging a little from the clone standards, in the same way that some people are using green anodized Colt buffer tubes, because they look good with the green handguard. I think it was probably inspired by Geissele selling matching charging handles with the Mk16 USASOC handguards two years ago.
Link Posted: 12/5/2020 12:59:24 AM EDT
[Last Edit: karmapolice] [#45]

Yeah, I've never seen any evidence or heard it mentioned here that green charging handles are in use on real FBI rifles. Every parts breakdown I've seen here refers to standard GI (Colt) CHs in actual use. I believe people were diverging a little from the clone standards, in the same way that some people are using green anodized Colt buffer tubes, because they look good with the green handguard. I think it was probably inspired by Geissele selling matching charging handles with the Mk16 USASOC handguards two years ago.
View Quote

Geissele government charging handles in black are in actual use. They might have no filtered to all regional teams but I know they are on some enhanced teams rifles.
Link Posted: 12/5/2020 9:15:01 AM EDT
[#46]
Geissele government charging handles in black are in actual use. They might have no filtered to all regional teams but I know they are on some enhanced teams rifles.
View Quote

Thanks, that's great info. Maybe @ARogueNinja can add charging handles (Colt or black Geissele Government) to the specs in original post. It's been so long since I looked at the Geissele website, I'd forgotten that their Government Charging Handle product listing says "This is the same charging handle used to fulfill contracts for the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI)." Out of stock, unfortunately, like many of their products these days with the crazy demand.
Link Posted: 12/5/2020 4:41:49 PM EDT
[#47]
love that color bro
Link Posted: 12/5/2020 5:08:23 PM EDT
[#48]
Swapped the CompM3 for an H2.  I was originally going to use a Geissele lower 1/3 mount but that mount is more absolute then lower 1/3.  Ended up using a Larue LT660 which put it at the exact height that I prefer.  

Link Posted: 12/5/2020 9:39:53 PM EDT
[Last Edit: HKocher] [#49]
…..
Link Posted: 12/5/2020 11:02:42 PM EDT
[#50]

Thanks, that's great info. Maybe @ARogueNinja can add charging handles (Colt or black Geissele Government) to the specs in original post. It's been so long since I looked at the Geissele website, I'd forgotten that their Government Charging Handle product listing says "This is the same charging handle used to fulfill contracts for the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI)." Out of stock, unfortunately, like many of their products these days with the crazy demand.
View All Quotes

Not everyone has them but they are slowly spreading out.
Page / 87
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top