[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By YukonBoy03:
Anyone looking for cage code uppers?
View Quote
Yeah
Link Posted: 5/22/2020 10:31:11 PM EDT
[#2]
My guess is the relief cut is for the bikini cover straps.
Link Posted: 5/23/2020 12:20:31 AM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By Slu54:
View Quote

Ahh, that actually makes perfect sense. Seems pointless as a weight reduction given how minor it is.
Link Posted: 5/23/2020 1:11:41 AM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By chunkyhenry:

Ahh, that actually makes perfect sense. Seems pointless as a weight reduction given how minor it is.
View Quote

Weren't the original HRT mounts marked on the opposite side as well?

Also check out JSE Surplus for older gen PMAGS. Good people and good prices.
Link Posted: 5/26/2020 8:48:14 AM EDT
[#5]
Working my way there.

Link Posted: 5/26/2020 11:59:32 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Soopreme] [#6]
Just noticed my SPUHR mount also has the cut out. So this means in a newer rendition? I guess it goes well with the 2nd gen Fed rail.

Link Posted: 5/26/2020 1:58:45 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By patriot_man:
FYI there's two different version of the HRT mount floating around. The issued/first run of HRT mounts do not have this relief cut and these second mount were marked HRT at the request of Spuhr's US distributor and have a relief cut into them to differentiate.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/201131/hrt_PNG-1428130.JPG
View Quote

Very interesting. Are the ones with the relief cut the ones in stock and milehighshooting?

I picked up one recently from this "restock" and it doesn't have the relief and has a lowercase "b" at the end of the part number. Picked it up from Costa Defense.
Link Posted: 5/26/2020 10:30:04 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 5/27/2020 12:09:01 AM EDT
[#9]
No relief on mine. But I built this well over a year ago.

Link Posted: 5/27/2020 12:18:38 AM EDT
[#10]
Inspired build.

Link Posted: 5/27/2020 4:27:35 PM EDT
[#11]
Probably a dumb question but are the green fed rails coming back from G? Anyone know when they'll be offered again? Annual thing?
Link Posted: 5/27/2020 4:30:29 PM EDT
[#12]
Probably a dumb question but are the green fed rails coming back from G? Anyone know when they'll be offered again? Annual thing?
View Quote

They seem to do runs for July 4 and Black Friday.
Link Posted: 5/27/2020 4:33:35 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By Bhavin22:

They seem to do runs for July 4 and Black Friday.
View Quote

Right on, I knew BF was one but I'll keep an eye out around the 4th.
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 3:57:41 AM EDT
[#14]

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Slu54:

Thing is that I have only seen T2's on Spuhr mounts and the T1/H1 has been discontinued so I'm not sure who made that request. Possibly the distributor?
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 5:05:18 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Sputnik556] [#15]
I finally got around to buying a VCAS in OD, I must say I'm not a fan of the shade TBH.

Potato pic:

Link Posted: 5/29/2020 11:10:50 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By Sputnik556:
I finally got around to buying a VCAS in OD, I must say I'm not a fan of the shade TBH.

Potato pic:

https://i.imgur.com/zwAmyZpl.jpg
View Quote

Doesn't look that bad. I like the Magpul sling I got in Ranger Green, it goes pretty well my my rifle.
Link Posted: 5/30/2020 1:11:20 AM EDT
[#17]
Is the HRT Spuhr mount clone correct? I'm pretty positive they are not, since Regional SWAT is not HRT.
Link Posted: 5/30/2020 10:16:41 AM EDT
[#18]
In the original post, you can see several examples of real regional SWAT weapons with Aimpoint T-2s on Daniel Defense Aimpoint micro mounts. I believe Sig Romeo 4M sights may have been used on the same DD mount, but I’ve heard that the newer 4T is used with its Sig factory mount. Having said that, Aimpoint seems to be the preferred optic for SWAT and HRT guns.
Link Posted: 5/30/2020 12:03:55 PM EDT
[#19]
FBI in Atmore, AL

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/30/2020 11:43:25 PM EDT
[#20]
I recently added a Restricted A2 Government Carbine lower. Bought/transferred it as an “other”.. so keeping it pistol and not form1. Having an ODG CTR is far outweighed by the lack of travel issues, and ability to CC in the car with a CPL.. IMHO anyway
now all it needs is a DD or SPUR and it’s done... too bad, this ADM is nice!
Just in time for me to put it up on the EE to trade for NODs...

Link Posted: 5/31/2020 11:14:33 AM EDT
[#21]
The new .mil MCT magazines
Link Posted: 6/7/2020 3:42:45 PM EDT
[#22]
there seems to be a broad spectrum of OD regarding these rails. is anyone else's OD rail dark like mine?   the pic actually looks a slightly lighter.  looks darker in person. I'm new here so pardon my newbie posts
Link Posted: 6/7/2020 3:54:15 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Atticus1354] [#23]
Originally Posted By Midwest7196:
there seems to be a broad spectrum of OD regarding these rails. is anyone else's OD rail dark like mine?   the pic actually looks a slightly lighter.  looks darker in person. I'm new here so pardon my newbie posts https://imgur.com/a/OdLauDu
View Quote

Mines pretty dark inside but looks way better in the sun. Has it left the dungeon in that picture and gone outside yet? If you really hate it I would buy it because it doesnt look bad to me.

Link Posted: 6/7/2020 3:56:25 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By Midwest7196:
there seems to be a broad spectrum of OD regarding these rails. is anyone else's OD rail dark like mine?   the pic actually looks a slightly lighter.  looks darker in person. I'm new here so pardon my newbie posts https://imgur.com/a/OdLauDu
View Quote

It looks like your link is broken.  In general, no two batches of anodizing will match.  My Gen 1 OD Fed rail is much darker than my GCH.  That's just the nature of the process and makes each rifle unique.
Link Posted: 6/7/2020 4:56:07 PM EDT
[#25]
Took the wife to the range.  Seemed like a good idea with all the shenanigans.

All Geiselle and Colt with some Surefire and Magpul thrown in.
Link Posted: 6/10/2020 10:47:50 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 7N1x30] [#26]
I’ll just leave this here: Diemaco 11.5 Upper
Link Posted: 6/11/2020 8:11:57 AM EDT
[#27]
I got a really solid piece of information today from one of the instructors I train with. He we was at a class with a FBI SWAT dude. He asked him specifically about the colors on the Geissele Fed Rails, because he is into clones as well, and this is what he was told.

Black - General Agent
Green - Regional SWAT
Gray - Special Activities
Tan - HRT

Same Goes for Glock Pistols
Link Posted: 6/14/2020 3:33:55 AM EDT
[Last Edit: packinkimber45] [#28]
Anyone want to trade a DDC MK 4 Federal rail for a ODG one?  New for new...

Edited...

Sorry I might have done this backwards.  Just to clarify I have a new short bottom railed ODG mk4 federal.  Im wanting to trade for the same new ddc mk4 fed rail with the short bottom pic rail.
Link Posted: 6/14/2020 12:15:52 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By 7N1x30:
I’ll just leave this here: Diemaco 11.5 Upper
View Quote

I’m sure that’s a great upper, but from the photo, it looks like it has the skinny .625” diameter barrel under the FSB, instead of the larger .750” barrel needed for the Geissele gas block. Might be something to verify before buying.
Link Posted: 6/14/2020 12:21:30 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Soopreme] [#30]
getting ready to send this off to get pinned.

Link Posted: 6/14/2020 12:36:47 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By packinkimber45:
Anyone want to trade a DDC MK 4 Federal rail for a ODG one?  New for new...
View Quote

Sending you a DM
Link Posted: 6/14/2020 12:40:00 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Soopreme] [#32]
Below are 2 versions of the Colt Commando barrels. One with .625 (top) and .750 (bottom).

After doing some reading it looks like the correct barrel for regional swat (green rail) is the Colt Commando 11.5” with the .750 gas block journal?

Hope this helps some people here.

Link Posted: 6/17/2020 9:35:42 PM EDT
[#33]
Does anyone know what the longevity of the BRT EZ tune gas tube compares to that of the previous insert?  Emailed yesterday and BRT is no longer selling the inserts.  According to them expected life on the ez tube is about 5k...

Got everything ready for install for the upper on this build and now the brt insert is no longer available :(
Link Posted: 6/17/2020 10:52:41 PM EDT
[#34]
I just noticed they offered that on their site the other day. I was going to give them them a call to figure out what size I needed if I wanted the .067 port size. I believe it said to size up one? So #7 .069?
Link Posted: 6/18/2020 10:36:11 AM EDT
[#35]
Does anyone know what the longevity of the BRT EZ tune gas tube compares to that of the previous insert?  Emailed yesterday and BRT is no longer selling the inserts.  According to them expected life on the ez tube is about 5k...

Got everything ready for install for the upper on this build and now the brt insert is no longer available :(
View Quote

They are super easy to make on your own.
Link Posted: 6/18/2020 4:08:49 PM EDT
[#36]

View Quote

That's a bummer, I wonder why they discontinued the inserts. I had thought about sending my gas block in for their custom installation even though I don't have a barrel yet to put it on, but I never got around to it.
Link Posted: 6/19/2020 2:26:12 AM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By allensaldi:

They are super easy to make on your own.
View Quote

Saw the thread on m4carbine on how to make them.  I will have to read through it and figure out the best vented screw to purchase and what size for installing in my fsb.

How important is it to have a drill press for this diy?

I know when BRT was selling them they were recommending one size down from what you need to emulate?  So I would do the same on this?  Thanks!
Link Posted: 6/19/2020 2:28:35 AM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By 3ACR_Scout:

That's a bummer, I wonder why they discontinued the inserts. I had thought about sending my gas block in for their custom installation even though I don't have a barrel yet to put it on, but I never got around to it.
View Quote

I know it's a bummer, I have been gathering parts and tools to put the upper together for months just to find that out recently ha.
Link Posted: 6/19/2020 2:29:46 AM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By Soopreme:
I just noticed they offered that on their site the other day. I was going to give them them a call to figure out what size I needed if I wanted the .067 port size. I believe it said to size up one? So #7 .069?
View Quote

I thought they were stating to go one size down from what port size you wanted to emulate...  I will have to read some of the pages again.
Link Posted: 6/20/2020 9:13:22 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Soopreme] [#40]

I thought they were stating to go one size down from what port size you wanted to emulate...  I will have to read some of the pages again.
View Quote

Yeah, I’m not too sure. It’s a little confusing. Need to remind myself to give them a ring this week just to clarify.  

Btw, does anyone know if any magnifiers are being used in the wild?
Link Posted: 6/20/2020 9:19:45 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Soopreme] [#41]
Originally had a Colt M4 Carbine lower for this project but picked this up recently. I think it suits it better.

Link Posted: 6/21/2020 1:41:52 AM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By Soopreme:
Originally had a Colt M4 Carbine lower for this project but picked this up recently. I think it suits it better.

https://i.ibb.co/zn0bb4M/3-BA2-A7-BC-9130-431-B-AE7-C-C522-DE8-F371-E.jpg
https://i.ibb.co/YPVF8q2/5860-E1-A0-D2-A7-4-EE5-8-F0-A-3-E7-A65-DB4-AEF.jpg
View Quote

That's what I did!

Link Posted: 6/22/2020 8:44:58 AM EDT
[#43]
Just posted up my Giessele ODG rail up in the EE, keep it in mind.  Thanks.
Link Posted: 6/22/2020 9:09:16 AM EDT
[#44]
I've never really been one for clones, but I dig the FBI guns.
My build was inspired by them, and also all of the great guns in this thread.
Aimpoint T2 on the way, EoTech just hanging out for the time being.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/23/2020 1:23:49 PM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By SxPxDx:
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/318765/IMG_0704_jpg-1471872.JPG
View Quote

Not trying to be a ass but I see zero inspiration. All I see is a nice BCM and there is nothing wrong with that.
At least the other half ass rifles have the main part the correct rail.
Link Posted: 6/23/2020 1:49:08 PM EDT
[#46]

Not trying to be a ass but I see zero inspiration. All I see is a nice BCM and there is nothing wrong with that.
View All Quotes

Yeah it's just a BCM.  My 4 main ARs for the wife and I all have BCM rails so there's nothing wrong with it, but it's about the same as saying it was MK18 MOD 1 inspired
Link Posted: 6/23/2020 2:02:37 PM EDT
[#47]
Again mine is not 100% but I will say it’s at least 80% right
Have since switched the T1 out for the T2
Link Posted: 6/23/2020 5:50:11 PM EDT
[Last Edit: SnowshoeBBQ] [#48]
Got mine all wrapped up finally.  Started out life as a 6920 swapped out the barrel and what not.  Couldn’t help myself from putting a sopmod stock on it.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/23/2020 9:04:37 PM EDT
[#49]
I like it. I understand about the sopmod I was very tempted to do the same but caved in and did the CTR
Link Posted: 6/24/2020 9:17:45 AM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By cone256:

Yeah it's just a BCM.  My 4 main ARs for the wife and I all have BCM rails so there's nothing wrong with it, but it's about the same as saying it was MK18 MOD 1 inspired
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By cone256:

Inspired by. Not a clone. 11.5" "dutyesque" type setup. I don't like the Geissele rail, and I'd rather shoot something that I like better functionally than playing pretend.
Page / 87
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top