Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Page / 87
Link Posted: 8/28/2019 7:03:05 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By BROK3N-AR:
Well I screwed up. I thought I was completely done. Only thing I’m waiting on is my upper and lower I sent out to @elucidate for engraving and to be re anodized... well today I decided to look into my lower a little more only to find out it was made before 2009 and it’s a restricted lower. So that means it has the large pin holes. I bought a standard pin SSA trigger. So there goes another 300 bucks for a new one unless someone just so happens to be sitting on one
View Quote
Geissele Labor Day sales should be starting any day now, scour  EE for one during the sale, or put up a WTT.
Link Posted: 8/28/2019 9:09:08 AM EDT
[#2]
Well I screwed up. I thought I was completely done. Only thing I’m waiting on is my upper and lower I sent out to @elucidate for engraving and to be re anodized... well today I decided to look into my lower a little more only to find out it was made before 2009 and it’s a restricted lower. So that means it has the large pin holes. I bought a standard pin SSA trigger. So there goes another 300 bucks for a new one unless someone just so happens to be sitting on one
View Quote
You need to measure ur pins before you buy another trigger.
I bough 2 colt restricted lower rifles in jan. 09 both have small pin triggers.
I believe they started using small pins mid year 08
Link Posted: 8/28/2019 12:11:54 PM EDT
[#3]
I think I’m done with my build....for now.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/28/2019 8:37:17 PM EDT
[Last Edit: BROK3N-AR] [#4]
@Elucidate got me taken care of on the trigger. I never even thought of it being a large pin. Didn’t think it was as old as it is. Mine is a “law enforcement carbine” they released 105 of them in 2013 and I figured it was one of those. Late 08 is when they switched. Started around serial number 60XXX and mine is 31XXX.
Link Posted: 8/29/2019 1:30:00 AM EDT
[#5]
I know it's not clone correct but anyone running an a5 buffer with this build?
Link Posted: 8/30/2019 9:54:30 PM EDT
[#6]
Anyone still selling these rails? Geissele is done selling to the public as I understand it. Going for like 600+ on eBay.
Link Posted: 8/31/2019 11:36:15 AM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By Gary86:
Anyone still selling these rails? Geissele is done selling to the public as I understand it. Going for like 600+ on eBay.
View Quote
I’ve heard rumors that they might have held on to some and are going to sell again. But who really knows. Seen a couple pop up here and there in the EE for 450-500. I sold one a few weeks ago for 475
Link Posted: 8/31/2019 12:02:02 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 8/31/2019 2:12:25 PM EDT
[Last Edit: packinkimber45] [#9]
I am curious as well. Consistency of gp size received would be good to know for future buyers.

Received my hrt barrel from Chris a week or so ago.  Cage coded and barrel dated 10/17, confirmed gas port size to be .069 with starrett pin gauge.
Link Posted: 8/31/2019 2:19:50 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TGWLDR] [#10]
Link Posted: 8/31/2019 2:27:38 PM EDT
[Last Edit: BROK3N-AR] [#11]
I got mine from Charlie’s I think so I’m no help. I’ll still be checking to make sure though. Still sitting fresh in its blue bag.  Another week or so till mine goes together assuming that stamp says so in the next couple days. I still haven’t even taken off the fsgb yet
Link Posted: 8/31/2019 2:29:49 PM EDT
[#12]
Mine is semi slapped together. Haven’t shot it yet but I don’t know a thing about what is considered bad or good. I just shoot the guns lol. I don’t have a whole lot of time to shoot. If you want tig, I can send the barrel your way for testing, or just give me an idea of what info you need and I’ll try to get to a range soon.
Link Posted: 8/31/2019 3:09:26 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 8/31/2019 3:10:33 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 9/1/2019 12:32:41 AM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By Tigwelder1971:

As it should be.

Hoping guys will get these guns built that bought the AU barrels and throw out some feedback. Hopefully guys don't sit on them only to find issues a year down the road.
View Quote
I will be taking it to the range tomorrow. It's in a regular agent clone-ish upper, but with FCD's 6315 so no way to test suppressed.
Will let you know how it shoots.

Mind you almost no bureau CQB guns are suppressed (including SWAT), with the exception of a couple specific groups.
Link Posted: 9/1/2019 12:39:22 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 9/2/2019 10:38:27 AM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By HappyCamel:
Also want to know
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By HappyCamel:
Originally Posted By supermanct:
What Colt lower Is most clone correct?
Also want to know
Bump
Link Posted: 9/4/2019 1:31:17 AM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By Tigwelder1971:

Appreciated.

Interest is the the barrel performance solely. Clone aspect is outside of my scope.  
View Quote
The Colt 11.5" Heavy Profile Barrel did pretty well today.

With a Geissele Super Gas Block, ST-T2, and normal buffer spring, ejection was perfect.

Accuracy was ~2 MOA at 50 yards but using a T1 and with the mount only finger tight (forgot to torque to spec)
I will get a better idea of accuracy soon.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/4/2019 1:20:43 PM EDT
[#19]
Very cool. Hopefully I’ll have mine up soon to test.
Link Posted: 9/4/2019 11:28:50 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By C6H12O6:
My clone isn’t really a clone at all. I just liked the Mk4 rail and last Black Friday when the OD came available I jumped. I don’t think anything besides the rail on my gun is clone-worthy. But I don’t care. It’s my favorite SBR.

As far as E-file Form 1s, I had a couple in June that were like 10 days and my most recent a couple weeks ago was just over 2 weeks.

I’d bet there’s been a significant increase in E-Form 1s with the recent talk of pistol braces being reclassified.
View Quote
I had to sell my mk4 rail to get my DD upper w/ ris2 rail, which is now my favorite
Link Posted: 9/4/2019 11:36:52 PM EDT
[Last Edit: C6H12O6] [#21]
Originally Posted By wissota4:

I had to sell my mk4 rail to get my DD upper w/ ris2 rail, which is now my favorite
View Quote
Lol I sold that RIS II to you so I could pay off the 9.3” Mk16 I’d also bought Black Friday 2018.

Here’s the Mk16s... still waiting on the SB to get out of jail

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Glad you’re putting the RIS II to good use!

My “FBI” build now has a Spuhr mount. I’ll update the photo tomorrow.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/4/2019 11:49:10 PM EDT
[#22]

Lol I sold that RIS II to you so I could pay off the 9.3” Mk16 I’d also bought Black Friday 2018.

Here’s the Mk16s... still waiting on the SB to get out of jail

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/123535/40C2BBE5-A3EE-4425-8378-93EDBD78C63D_jpeg-1079334.JPG

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/123535/BEE4AEA6-925C-4F85-AF0E-D8869C716F0E_jpeg-1079336.JPG

Glad you’re putting the RIS II to good use!

My “FBI” build now has a Spuhr mount. I’ll update the photo tomorrow.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/123535/662C1670-1DC7-41C1-9C3F-6B3BBCA24C20_jpeg-1079337.JPG
View Quote
So much geissele lol. Looking good tho. And yes, I'm putting that upper to work for sure! I don't shoot anything else anymore lol.
Link Posted: 9/5/2019 12:45:35 AM EDT
[#23]
Anyone running a od green sba3 with the green Federal rail?
Link Posted: 9/5/2019 5:19:50 AM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By Chompion:
View Quote
Waiting for them to go on sale
Link Posted: 9/5/2019 9:31:46 AM EDT
[Last Edit: hypersport750] [#25]
Hope this qualifies in this category.

Homeland Security setup.  Third pin removed.  

HSI M4

Link Posted: 9/5/2019 12:35:37 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By Skep:
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Skep:
Originally Posted By Chompion:
Got one on sale from PSA, haven't built it yet. I bought the Tailhook Mod 2 first because I prefer it but I wasn't happy with the OD color
Link Posted: 9/7/2019 1:35:13 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Sputnik556] [#27]
Swapped a few parts out, going to try some Rit dye to see if I can match the OD.

Link Posted: 9/7/2019 2:03:20 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By hypersport750:
Hope this qualifies in this category.

Homeland Security setup.  Third pin removed.  

https://www.flickr.com/photos/184236996@N03/48682926036/in/dateposted/HSI M4

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/48682997771_cb19dc153d_b.jpg
View Quote
What’s the details on this rifle?
Link Posted: 9/7/2019 5:03:34 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By Sputnik556:
Swapped a few parts out, going to try some Rit dye to see if I can match the OD.
View Quote
It can definitely be done, or at least pretty close.  I used two parts Rit Dark Green and one part Dark Brown, in simmering water, for two minutes at a time until the color was a close match to Magpul's.  I started with Foliage Green, but I think FDE is a better starting point (mine has a little too much green, and not enough drab).

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/7/2019 7:09:29 PM EDT
[#30]

https://i.imgur.com/pSBDtjW.jpg
View Quote
I actually really like the contrast.
Link Posted: 9/7/2019 10:14:44 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By 3ACR_Scout:

It can definitely be done, or at least pretty close.  I used two parts Rit Dark Green and one part Dark Brown, in simmering water, for two minutes at a time until the color was a close match to Magpul's.  I started with Foliage Green, but I think FDE is a better starting point (mine has a little too much green, and not enough drab).

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/27888/9BFED8AA-3CD0-473F-B4B4-177C6896DA74_jpeg-774706.JPG
View Quote
If I could get it that close, I’d be happy.
Link Posted: 9/7/2019 11:46:42 PM EDT
[#32]

View Quote
I like that MRO! Pretty sure that's what I will run. Is that a red or green dot?
Link Posted: 9/7/2019 11:47:54 PM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By delta_romeo_echo:
I like that MRO! Pretty sure that's what I will run. Is that a red or green dot?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By delta_romeo_echo:

Red, I’m not a big fan of green dots.
Link Posted: 9/12/2019 2:08:01 PM EDT
[#34]
Just want to throw it out there. If anyone needs there parts freshened up and re anodized, get ahold of Dave at Hunter Rifleworks (@elucidate) his turn around time was great. Did my engraving too and that looks perfect. I think these receivers look better than new. Mine will be together later today when I get back home.

Yesterday I had the time to take off my fsgb, and drill the barrel for my gb set screw. Also checked and I’m right at .069 for my gas port.

Link Posted: 9/12/2019 4:22:46 PM EDT
[#35]
Well, I’m FINALLY done!!! I’ll take it out Saturday and see how it does. I might eventually put a ASR break on it and run my can on it.

Link Posted: 9/12/2019 6:15:14 PM EDT
[#36]
Well, I’m FINALLY done!!! I’ll take it out Saturday and see how it does. I might eventually put a ASR break on it and run my can on it.

https://i.imgur.com/YjXxaLV.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/z46UM5G.jpg
View Quote
Very nice
Link Posted: 9/13/2019 12:23:54 AM EDT
[#37]

Very nice
View Quote
Thanks
Link Posted: 9/13/2019 7:30:19 PM EDT
[#38]
Just want to throw it out there. If anyone needs there parts freshened up and re anodized, get ahold of Dave at Hunter Rifleworks (@elucidate) his turn around time was great. Did my engraving too and that looks perfect. I think these receivers look better than new. Mine will be together later today when I get back home.

Yesterday I had the time to take off my fsgb, and drill the barrel for my gb set screw. Also checked and I’m right at .069 for my gas port.

https://i.imgur.com/dkSCYlq.jpg
View Quote
@BROK3N-AR

How did the anodizing hold up to installing pins etc? I had some anodizing and it chipped on the edges real easily. Also, how much? If you don’t me asking.
Link Posted: 9/14/2019 12:21:36 AM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By RandyLahey01:

@BROK3N-AR

How did the anodizing hold up to installing pins etc? I had some anodizing and it chipped on the edges real easily. Also, how much? If you don’t me asking.
View Quote
No chipping at all. It was a very nice job. I was also extremely careful putting everything together. Normally I don’t care about scratches but I have a lot tied up into this clone. So I was using masking tape as I was going. It was $100 for ano on the upper and lower and engraving the lower. Plus shipping both directions.
Link Posted: 9/14/2019 12:34:40 PM EDT
[#40]
FYI for the folks in the thread, while not clone correct, Radian is now selling a ODG Raptor charging handle.

I hope next black friday we get another shot at green URG-I charging handles, but for now a $60 OD Raptor is my pick.
Link Posted: 9/15/2019 3:42:30 AM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 9/15/2019 10:27:05 PM EDT
[#42]
Anyone know what the FBI's reliability requirement was for this carbine? I know their pistols are required to go 2k rounds between stoppages.
Link Posted: 9/15/2019 11:18:18 PM EDT
[#43]
Put about 20 rounds down mine yesterday. Tell you what, I’ll probably put that can on it sooner then later. Felt great. Wish I had time to put more through it but had other guns to mess with and the kids wanted to shoot everything. They went through a whole box of .22
Link Posted: 9/16/2019 2:26:19 PM EDT
[#44]
Finally got the optic mounted.  I think I'm done with it for now, aside from taking it out and getting it all dirty:

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/16/2019 7:36:10 PM EDT
[#45]
Got this in today, on the fence on rather to build it or stash it away.

Link Posted: 9/16/2019 8:27:04 PM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By dsrconcepts:

http://i196.photobucket.com/albums/aa65/dsrconcepts/20190916_184734.jpg
View Quote
Lucky dog.
Link Posted: 9/16/2019 8:39:21 PM EDT
[#47]

View Quote
Tough call, what if it’s the next Black Friday drop! Be nice to know how many are out there. Have you tried contacting them to ask questions?
Link Posted: 9/16/2019 8:39:59 PM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By Muzap:
Finally got the optic mounted.  I think I'm done with it for now, aside from taking it out and getting it all dirty:

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/400160/MVIMG_20190916_110011_jpg-1092252.JPG
View Quote
Looks great!!
Link Posted: 9/16/2019 9:23:38 PM EDT
[#49]
Tough call, what if it’s the next Black Friday drop! Be nice to know how many are out there. Have you tried contacting them to ask questions?
View All Quotes

Haven't contacted them, only seen there response in EHilderbrand's thread. Definitely interested in more info on these though!

Originally Posted By gajp:
So these were actually supposed to be segregated. However the customer purchasing these had decided that the longer pic rail on the bottom allowed for more vertical foregrip placement options so the end user could be more comfortable, as well as allowing people who wish to run a vertical foregrip as well as a flashlight at 6 o’clock had the real estate to do so.

Long story short, we had some people get boxes mixed up and shipped out a small handful of the wrong ones. Anyone with these will have unicorns for a bit until we are ready to part ways with what we have.
Link Posted: 9/16/2019 10:34:12 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By YuppieMike:
FYI for the folks in the thread, while not clone correct, Radian is now selling a ODG Raptor charging handle.
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/h-ajPfKmhfXCzdQ1-FTFy_7JqLaS_EPIld6UaRgO-to_lRQ6Arei0WZ8EhUVkDdQ_Xii-9uhSVS10FD-waJnNgrpiTqvydOGcjNE2tFAfBzXRYLxfIsm-qpDhvkvVhx5jbEUqZYnMQ=w2400
I hope next black friday we get another shot at green URG-I charging handles, but for now a $60 OD Raptor is my pick.
View Quote
Ok, I have to ask - where did you find it for $60?  The closest I got was $67 with a coupon code at Sunny State Outdoors, which I've never heard of in my life.  Thanks!
Page / 87
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top