User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 12/8/2022 5:17:46 PM EDT
Use a bipod out front or a bag or....

What is your setup for bench shooting?
Link Posted: 12/8/2022 5:32:11 PM EDT
[#1]
I've always used Shot bags filled 3/4 of the way with sand for the front, and a half filled bag for the rear as a squeeze bag.
Link Posted: 12/8/2022 5:32:22 PM EDT
[#2]
I can use a bipod effectively but I prefer bags in almost every situation. I find them much more versatile and convenient in the field (I.e., a backpack), and I like my bench shooting to be as much like my field shooting as I can make it.

If I want to do sight-in, load development, or accuracy verification I use a machine rest and rear bag.
Link Posted: 12/20/2022 4:33:13 AM EDT
[#3]
Off the bench I do position shooting with only my body and sling for support.
Link Posted: 12/20/2022 4:29:13 PM EDT
[#4]
Usually bags because not all my guns can be fitted with a bipod.

Only the DMR has a bipod 24/7
Link Posted: 12/30/2022 10:15:42 PM EDT
[#5]
Bipod front and bag rear for everything. If it won't take a bipod I use the range sandbags for accuracy testing and shoot offhand off the bench for things like pistols. ALL my rifles have a picatinny rail for a bipod.
Link Posted: 12/30/2022 11:55:25 PM EDT
[#6]
I just use these guys 95% of the time. Bipod occasionally on two particular rifles.

Attachment Attached File
Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top