Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Page / 56
Link Posted: 3/3/2020 6:39:09 PM EDT
[#1]
What do you think the value of it is? I don't need a XM16E1 bcg for any of my builds
Link Posted: 3/3/2020 7:45:56 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By jakeanthony517:
What do you think the value of it is? I don't need a XM16E1 bcg for any of my builds
View Quote
Already answered
Link Posted: 3/16/2020 12:28:29 AM EDT
[#3]
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File

Buddy pulled this out of the parts pile and asked if I could sell it for him. Not really sure what it is besides some time of a1 ish upper.

Two forge stamps. What is it and whats it worth roughly?
Link Posted: 3/18/2020 10:35:26 PM EDT
[Last Edit: JoeBud] [#4]
Originally Posted By shelbysguns:
Buddy pulled this out of the parts pile and asked if I could sell it for him. Not really sure what it is besides some time of a1 ish upper.

Two forge stamps. What is it and whats it worth roughly?
View Quote
Colt M16A1 upper receiver. CK - Colt Kaiser. 1972-1973. $200 +/- ish.
Link Posted: 4/3/2020 9:35:23 AM EDT
[#5]
Digging through my Uncle's safe and came across what looks like a pre ban Bushmaster Dissy
SN# is below 30k
Couldn't find any on GB
Any idea of what it's worth or may sell for?
Link Posted: 4/4/2020 4:59:02 PM EDT
[#6]
Asking for a friend. I completely forgot to write down the SN, but he said it is a late-70s SP1 rifle with all accessories (no scope) NIB. I have not looked at retro pricing in a while, so I said I would ask here for him. Has the latest style A1 stock and a thin pistol grip. Looks like it barely even been handled. I did not cycle the action because it looked so dry. Looking up the magwell, the BCG has a non-shrouded firing pin. If you guys could ballpark me for it, I'll pass along the info. Thanks!
Link Posted: 4/13/2020 9:40:24 PM EDT
[#7]
I picked this up back in 82’-86’? Not quite sure, it was actually my first AR even though it was 9mm.

Can anyone put a $ amount of what current market value may be?

ETA: less than 1k rounds through it. It’s in excellent condition.

Thanks,
MAttachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 4/14/2020 10:37:19 AM EDT
[Last Edit: redfiredog8] [#8]
Slab side lower, no gas deflector and a preban. I'm thinking 1500-2000.

ETA If you have the Colt 20rd magazines for it they are high dollar also.
Link Posted: 4/14/2020 3:41:49 PM EDT
[#9]
M11 small arms racks. Came from DRMO. Can't find good info either as these are welded back to back.

https://imgur.com/a/iJu7UqD

In rough shape mostly. Some bent rails, some broken frames. Rust. Big and heavy.
Link Posted: 4/14/2020 7:44:34 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By redfiredog8:
Slab side lower, no gas deflector and a preban. I'm thinking 1500-2000.

ETA If you have the Colt 20rd magazines for it they are high dollar also.
View Quote

I have the orig mag, I think its a 20 round.

Thanks for the response!

M.
Link Posted: 4/15/2020 4:12:26 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By guyanaman1963:

I have the orig mag, I think its a 20 round.

Thanks for the response!

M.
View Quote

And then again one just like it went for 1400 on GB last evening
Link Posted: 4/22/2020 8:05:07 PM EDT
[Last Edit: mrock11] [#12]
Any idea what a complete Essential Arms J-15 is worth?  It is in very good condition and it appears to be pre-ban.  Also, do I need any documentation to confirm the rifle as "pre-ban"? Thanks gents.

Link Posted: 4/23/2020 3:47:27 PM EDT
[#13]
Hello,

Quick background as I'm sure most of you have seen my ads on the Exchange recently. (skip this paragraph if you want to get down to the appraisal)  I used to be a major firearms enthusiast and even tackled the recreation of SFC Randall Shughart's M14, which is now in the hands of Dr. Earl Burress, whose articles can be found all over the gun/history community.  I was then consumed by active duty for several years and forgot damn near everything.  I scroll through my post history and discover rifles that I do not remember owning.  Now that I am retired/disabled, I thought maybe rebuilding historical rifles would be fun again, but unfortunately, the passion just isn't there anymore.  So now I have the following parts that I am trying to pass along, and I just cannot figure out how to gauge what they sell for or who even wants them.  Due to my previous experience building an M14 using USGI parts new from wrapper (a task that took close to $8K), I was a little too willing to spend extra money for the parts I wanted.  I don't know why I willingly paid so much for REPRO parts instead of the real deal, but alas, I am re-learning.

Here are the main things I'm looking to have appraised.

#1 - Brownell's XM177E2 Rifle (looking for appraisal for rifle with factory Brownell's parts only, no scope or swapped in Colt parts)

#2 - Troy Full-Auto Engraved XM177E2 Marked Lower Receiver

#3 - Singlepoint OEG Sight w/Repro Mount

Thanks for any help!  
Link Posted: 4/25/2020 2:46:42 PM EDT
[#14]
Don’t know where else to ask but bought this mag for cheap and curious what it is worth. Apparently is a Daewoo ‘tampon’ style mag where it’s designed to pull a cord down to pull the follower, take the back off and load it throw the back. There is only 1 reference on Gunbroker several years ago but no pics of price.

It’s the middle mag in question next to a standard 20 and a armalite 25 round.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/30/2020 11:59:06 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Christian556] [#15]
I've had this in storage for 25 years, looking for help from the experts.

1. No forge codes under the rear sight
2. Counter bored front lug
3. Colt Proof Marks
4. "Non-rebated" under the ejection port cover
5. Looks to me like a round forging above the port cover but would like confirmation from a trained eye

From the little bit of research I've done this appears to be a "Early Colt 603" upper, 1966-1967? Thanks in advance!

Link Posted: 5/1/2020 7:55:58 AM EDT
[#16]
Dug these out, Armalite AR18 mags. Some are black some have a purple/black finish. Any idea what they may be worrh?
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/4/2020 9:06:24 AM EDT
[#17]
Sealed A1 upper. Not sure of MFG or anything, made 1969. What do you guys think?

Link Posted: 5/4/2020 12:47:59 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By Blanco_Diablo:
Sealed A1 upper. Not sure of MFG or anything, made 1969. What do you guys think?

https://i.ibb.co/xgx1Ykj/20190606-145142.jpg
View Quote

I don’t know the value, but that is really cool. I hope nobody ever opens it and ruins its history.  My GUESS (because it is still sealed) would be in the $300 to $400 price range.
Link Posted: 5/7/2020 6:11:09 AM EDT
[Last Edit: SpookyDude] [#19]
What's the ballpark value for something like this?

Link Posted: 5/7/2020 9:41:21 AM EDT
[#20]
Olympic upper, A1 style front sight, Olympic heavy barrel w/ M4 feed ramps, no BCG and CH.

It was part of a parts trade 3-4 years ago, I didn't pay much of attention to it, I thought it was some gunshow vendor junk.

I got bit by the retro bug, want to turn this to an XM177, I did a little bit of research, the barrel extension and receiver both have "Circle Y" roll marks, indicating they are Olympic Arms.

I wonder if the barrel is worth saving, or if not, I need to get it chopped down to 12.5" and re-threaded to pin/weld a Brownells fake moderator.

Link Posted: 5/7/2020 9:49:57 AM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By SpookyDude:
What's the ballpark value for something like this?

https://i.imgur.com/rsqvR4N.jpg
View Quote

With paperwork AND documentation, it is a UNIQUE rifle tgat is worth whatever someone who collects that type of thing is willing to pay. Without any paperwork or documentation, I would be very leery of that rifle.  How could you prove that it was the 240,000’th rifle with a serial number of “12345”?  Also, why 240,000’th, why not 250,000’th, or 238,456’th for that matter?  What was special about 240,000? Does the full auto paperwork show GM as the manufacturer, or someone else?
Link Posted: 5/7/2020 9:56:28 PM EDT
[Last Edit: SpookyDude] [#22]
From the googling I've done I found this about it's history:

Apparently it was the "last" rifle to come off the assembly line at the Hyrda-Matic plant in Ypsilanti. GM had fulfilled the contract of 240,000 rifles (but apparently were later awarded another contract a couple years later for a bunch more). The 240,000th was ceremoniously presented to the US Army Weapons Command by the general manager at the Hydra-Matic plant. I think I remember reading somewhere that it was later re-gifted back to him or somebody else at GM. Now our agency has it. How we got it, I have no idea. Maybe it was turned in or forfeited, but for all I know, maybe it is on paper and just being loaned to us for display.

I'm curious though if it were transferable, what the value to a collector might be considering the history.

More here: https://www.ar15.com/forums/ar-15/Some_cool_articles_on_the_GM_Hydramatic_contracts___ETA_more_5_19/123-573873/

Link Posted: 5/8/2020 11:16:20 PM EDT
[#23]
Looking for a ballpark appraisal.  Colt 656 clone.  Original M16A1 Colt components used except for reproduction upper, front sight base and scope mount, new HBAR .556 NATO 1x9 barrel and lower receiver reprofiled and engraved from an 80% lower.  Original Leatherwood ART II scope and mounting rings.  Given that the new production M16A1's are listed around $2500, and the Leatherwood ART II scopes and mounts are selling for $1500 - $2000, I am thinking that the appraisal would be around $5000 - $6000, especially considering the uniqueness of the upper receiver and front sight base.  Would be interested to hear from those more knowledgeable about retro rifle prices.

Thanks.
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/10/2020 6:19:53 PM EDT
[#24]
Anyone know what vintage this is or about what it's worth?  It's an interesting grey color.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/12/2020 12:27:14 PM EDT
[#25]

Appears to be a parts gun given that it has an SAK barrel. Could been a refurbished gun but then I’d expect the upper to be black. So my guess is that it was put together by a a civ from parts. That upper is nice, round forge and colt proof marks. The upper would date from 1966 to 1971 approximately. I don’t know much about SAK barrels so I can’t help there.
Link Posted: 5/13/2020 7:23:38 PM EDT
[Last Edit: jurassic63] [#26]
CMPB marked barrel, FSB has raised C and bell,  Looks to be brand new. Markings are light. Since it has no slip ring or sling swivel could it be a service replacement, not a take off.  Value?

Link Posted: 5/13/2020 7:25:10 PM EDT
[Last Edit: jurassic63] [#27]

Link Posted: 5/14/2020 3:56:51 PM EDT
[#28]
Curious as to what you guys think this would be worth. Just bought it, wasn’t cheap, and is not for sale at the moment.

Link Posted: 5/14/2020 7:02:17 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By MrM1A1:
Curious as to what you guys think this would be worth. Just bought it, wasn't cheap, and is not for sale at the moment.

https://i1.lensdump.com/i/jmDBKx.jpg
View Quote
Look at two posts on this thread 5/4/2020
Link Posted: 5/14/2020 8:33:18 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By Cowtownscout:
Look at two posts on this thread 5/4/2020
View Quote

Lol thanks, probably shoulda noticed that.
Link Posted: 5/16/2020 11:53:50 AM EDT
[#31]
Anyone have any idea what this 9mm upper would go for ?
No BCG or charging handle . A1 sights and PM marked upper .
Barrel is in great shape .

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/17/2020 4:22:33 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MrM1A1] [#32]

Later production 635, I’d say roughly $650 +/-, later black receiver and barrel date. Nice upper!
Link Posted: 5/31/2020 2:02:28 PM EDT
[#33]
Going rate on 601 mag pouches? Looks like one type 2 and two type 3.

Also an M231 BCG, trigger, sear, and 2 pins.

Link Posted: 5/31/2020 3:38:40 PM EDT
[#34]

Mag pouches are about $100-$150 right now.

The m231 bcg is about $500 and the lower parts maybe $150-$200
Link Posted: 6/6/2020 3:41:47 PM EDT
[#35]
Attachment Attached File

Would someone please mind helping me place a value on these items? A friends neighbor passed away and he is helping her sell some of her husbands old stuff. Neither of us know a fair price for me to pay her. The stock is bare and missing everything. He believes them to be original A1 parts.

Also possible value on an a2 stock in similar condition (missing everything), and a set of a2 handguards? Both in similar condition as photos above of the a1 stuff.

Can the missing parts be sourced for the stocks?

Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 6/11/2020 10:46:11 AM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By HiFlow:
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/480138/20200606_150104_jpg-1449608.JPG

Would someone please mind helping me place a value on these items? A friends neighbor passed away and he is helping her sell some of her husbands old stuff. Neither of us know a fair price for me to pay her. The stock is bare and missing everything. He believes them to be original A1 parts.

Also possible value on an a2 stock in similar condition (missing everything), and a set of a2 handguards? Both in similar condition as photos above of the a1 stuff.

Can the missing parts be sourced for the stocks?

Thanks in advance.
View Quote

Handguards look particularly nice, As is the stock. I’d say $100-$120 for the parts pictured.

Buttplates and swivels are available, look on eBay and Gunbroker. Or post a WTB ad in the EE.

A2 stock stripped with A2 HGs should be in the $40-$50 ballpark if as nice as the parts shown.
Link Posted: 6/11/2020 1:43:48 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By MrM1A1:

Handguards look particularly nice, As is the stock. I’d say $100-$120 for the parts pictured.

Buttplates and swivels are available, look on eBay and Gunbroker. Or post a WTB ad in the EE.

A2 stock stripped with A2 HGs should be in the $40-$50 ballpark if as nice as the parts shown.
View Quote

@MrM1A1

Thank you.
Link Posted: 6/25/2020 5:54:40 PM EDT
[#38]
Any opinions? It's a Colt XM16 upper (no forge code, countersunk front lug), probably refurbed as the finish is superb. Bushmaster super light barrel that's been cut down and has the bayo lug and flash removed on the fsb by John Thomas. Proper XM clone moderator.

Link Posted: 6/28/2020 10:41:50 AM EDT
[#39]
Wondering what the value is on a 1981 Colt SP1 Carbine in excellent condition?  I have the chance to acquire a SP1 Carbine serial # SP141229 (1981) from the original owner who purchased it NIB back in 1981.  Probably has about 500 rds down the tube but no original paperwork or box.
Link Posted: 7/3/2020 11:34:19 AM EDT
[Last Edit: HatTrick55] [#40]
Hi all,

Are these hand guards worth anything?  I don't know much about "retro" stuff.  Received this in a box-o-parts locally and looks to be in good condition.  No cracks or broken teeth.  I was told this came off a Colt.

Thanks in advance!
Link Posted: 7/3/2020 7:02:02 PM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By bideue77:
Hi all,

Are these hand guards worth anything?  I don't know much about "retro" stuff.  Received this in a box-o-parts locally and looks to be in good condition.  No cracks or broken teeth.  I was told this came off a Colt.

Thanks in advance!

https://i.imgur.com/5IhmFsy.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/8MlMrLf.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/Uma9sgo.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/GJPYpIZ.jpg
View Quote

Those hand guards would retail in the $20 to $35price range, maybe $40 if somebody REALLY wanted them
Link Posted: 7/3/2020 8:31:33 PM EDT
[#42]
Thanks for the info!

Originally Posted By M16indiana:

Those hand guards would retail in the $20 to $35price range, maybe $40 if somebody REALLY wanted them
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/12/2020 1:43:55 AM EDT
[Last Edit: RTTX] [#43]
Hello,
This is more of a WTF than “How Much” question. I’m a former 0331 that hasn’t owned or even fired a weapon since turning mine in to the armory for the last time.

While the AR platform has certainly evolved since I last fired one, the only complaint I ever had with the M16A1 is that it would occasionally send some hot brass down my shirt (I’m left handed) but that problem appears to have been rectified with the A2. So, for my needs, an AR15A2-style rifle with A1 hand guards would be perfect.

The link below is of a Colt AR-15 I saw at a gun show today and considering for purchase. The seller got it at an estate sale and “thinks” it’s all original and has never been fired.

However the upper and lowers appear to be mismatched. From my rudimentary research it appears Colt’s “Match Target Lightweight” ARs came with 16” barrels and a collapsible-looking buttstock. There’s also the obvious difference in colors and I’ve not seen “COLT 223” stamped on an upper before (but, again, I’m far from current on these things).

Unfortunately this is the only photo I took but the rifle has a 20” barrel, A2 flash suppressor with a thin stainless steel washer between it and where it meets the barrel, and an old school fixed buttstock.

Thanks in advance to any experts on here that may be able to shed some light on this seemingly oddball rifle. If curious, the seller was asking $1,000.

Link Posted: 7/12/2020 6:46:17 AM EDT
[Last Edit: AmateurLuthier] [#44]
What would be a fair price for a replica of Prototype #27?  Nodak upper and lower.  Replica markings.  Repro front sight tower, barrel collar, rear sight, and flash hider by various members here (not Brownells).  Green mountain barrel.  Barrel work and handguard mod by JT.  Selector markings and positions are correct for prototype (selector mod by JT).  Buttstock reprofiled, furniture hydro-dipped and refinished by me.  Brownell's repro magazine modified to correct length.  Old Colt chrome slickside bolt carrier (not original prototype, not sure what it originally came from).  Attempted to match markings and tape from #27 in Springfield Armory Museum (contacted the museum to get the correct number for the markings on the buttstock).  

Bottom four pics have a different flash hider, this has been replaced with the replica flash hider seen in the first pic.

Ordinarily I wouldn't consider selling this, but my dog has cancer, treatment is going to be expensive, and I love him more than I love my stuff.
Link Posted: 7/12/2020 9:35:15 AM EDT
[#45]
Also wondering about 601 parts.  How much would be a fair price for a 601 replica minus the completed 80% receiver?  Real type A buttstock.  Real 601 grip.  Real handguards.  Real upper receiver (it had the rear sight on it when I bought it, but I don't know if those parts are real).  Green mountain barrel.  Barrel work and reprofile of the FSB by JT.  Early bend repro gas tube by JT.  Bolt carrier is an old Colt slickside, don't know what model it came from (bolt is new).  

Basically considering selling the complete upper, buttstock, and grip.

Link Posted: 7/12/2020 12:49:41 PM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By AmateurLuthier:
What would be a fair price for a replica of Prototype #27?  Nodak upper and lower.  Replica markings.  Repro front sight tower, barrel collar, rear sight, and flash hider by various members here (not Brownells).  Green mountain barrel.  Barrel work and handguard mod by JT.  Selector markings and positions are correct for prototype (selector mod by JT).  Buttstock reprofiled, furniture hydro-dipped and refinished by me.  Brownell's repro magazine modified to correct length.  Old Colt chrome slickside bolt carrier (not original prototype, not sure what it originally came from).  Attempted to match markings and tape from #27 in Springfield Armory Museum (contacted the museum to get the correct number for the markings on the buttstock).  

Bottom four pics have a different flash hider, this has been replaced with the replica flash hider seen in the first pic.

https://imageshack.com/i/pmovKaffj

https://imageshack.com/i/pohKXpJ1j

https://imageshack.com/i/pljAw08yj

https://imageshack.com/i/pn0bAK4Jj

https://imageshack.com/i/ployfoDvj

https://imageshack.com/i/poHgzJKAj

https://imageshack.com/i/poj2yUnIj

https://imageshack.com/i/plf3ODE7j

https://imageshack.com/i/po3tdC44j

https://imageshack.com/i/pm2nqEQUj

Ordinarily I wouldn't consider selling this, but my dog has cancer, treatment is going to be expensive, and I love him more than I love my stuff.
View Quote

This is a tough one due to the amount of work and details that went into it. I would say that if brownells are bringing $1200 range then this one should be double maybe?

$2000-$2500 range? Really hard to say
Link Posted: 7/12/2020 12:56:29 PM EDT
[#47]
Also wondering about 601 parts.  How much would be a fair price for a 601 replica minus the completed 80% receiver?  Real type A buttstock.  Real 601 grip.  Real handguards.  Real upper receiver (it had the rear sight on it when I bought it, but I don't know if those parts are real).  Green mountain barrel.  Barrel work and reprofile of the FSB by JT.  Early bend repro gas tube by JT.  Bolt carrier is an old Colt slickside, don't know what model it came from (bolt is new).  

Basically considering selling the complete upper, buttstock, and grip.

https://imageshack.com/i/plGyaQApj
View Quote

The stock is $300-$350, Grip $100-$150, handguards that are missing paint maybe $500-$600, upper with all parts maybe $750-$850 with port door and sight and barrel maybe $300 with all the work.
Link Posted: 7/12/2020 1:11:58 PM EDT
[#48]

https://imageshack.com/i/pmovKaffj

https://imageshack.com/i/pohKXpJ1j

https://imageshack.com/i/pljAw08yj

https://imageshack.com/i/pn0bAK4Jj

https://imageshack.com/i/ployfoDvj

https://imageshack.com/i/poHgzJKAj

https://imageshack.com/i/poj2yUnIj

https://imageshack.com/i/plf3ODE7j

https://imageshack.com/i/po3tdC44j

https://imageshack.com/i/pm2nqEQUj

View Quote

Aw man! This is such a nice rifle! I’m sorry about your dog... I’m with Alex... probably about $2000-$2500.
Link Posted: 7/12/2020 7:32:43 PM EDT
[#49]
Thanks guys!
Link Posted: 7/26/2020 11:46:49 AM EDT
[#50]
It's time for me to to start downsizing.  Need some help on the value of these and will have more as I dig it out.

1.  Colt 30 round mags, emerald followers marked 62667a. body marked also.  These are new. No photos yet

2. Original boxes of 7 mags (new), marked (Photos below)
1005-056-2237
Magazine Assembly
7 each
DAAFOS-69-C 0007
A-10/69

3.  Original Colt AL black coated CAR stock, with original 2 position buffer tube, end plate, and castle nut.  All Colt. Photos below.
Thanks for the help.

https://i.imgur.com/UOX7xkr.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/2Ffl2U0.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/tSdalIt.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/69zjGbp.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/BuX3FnN.jpg
Page / 56
Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top