BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Page / 78
Link Posted: 5/24/2022 7:35:00 PM EDT
[Last Edit: BoatingAccident] [#1]
Itching for a gen 4 shorty rail and receiver if anyone wants to trade before I post elsewhere.  These are brand new.
https://imgur.com/a/RacZAym
Link Posted: 5/24/2022 9:57:54 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By BoatingAccident:
Itching for a gen 4 shorty rail and receiver if anyone wants to trade before I post elsewhere.  These are brand new.
https://imgur.com/a/RacZAym
View Quote

how much
Link Posted: 5/25/2022 12:26:02 PM EDT
[#3]
Noveske is having a Memorial Day sale. I picked up a BC and ACH for my build
Link Posted: 5/25/2022 2:42:56 PM EDT
[#4]
Where are you guys finding 9.75" rails? All I see are NSR 9" rails. I must be missing something... I bet the 9.75s are super expensive and rare just like everything I want
Link Posted: 5/25/2022 2:54:24 PM EDT
[#5]
lightweight 300blk barrels in stock at noveske
Link Posted: 5/25/2022 3:06:35 PM EDT
[#6]
So is the Magpul VFG the only forward grip we've seen in the wild? I've got an emissary handbrake on until my stamp clears, but I know its not correct.
Link Posted: 5/25/2022 3:10:58 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By jsxtreme:
So is the Magpul VFG the only forward grip we've seen in the wild? I've got an emissary handbrake on until my stamp clears, but I know its not correct.
View Quote

BCM VFG has been seen.
Link Posted: 5/25/2022 3:48:23 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By jsxtreme:
View Quote

Originally Posted By JohnnyUtah427:

BCM VFG has been seen.
View Quote

Yup and that's what I'm using.
Link Posted: 5/26/2022 4:48:13 PM EDT
[#9]
Day 390 of waiting for the can.
Link Posted: 5/26/2022 7:05:40 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By Omega9000:
Day 390 of waiting for the can.
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/27/2022 9:54:29 PM EDT
[Last Edit: BoatingAccident] [#11]
Got my hands on a lightweight 556 barrel, so selling my midweight 556 barrel in the EE.  Brand new, only pulled it out of its box for pics if someone wants it:  

https://www.ar15.com/forums/equipment-exchange/Noveske-CQB-Barrel-10-5-5-56/22-2256686/?page=1

Think it's priced to move but lmk if it's not
Link Posted: 5/28/2022 4:44:52 PM EDT
[#12]
She is complete! Both stamps came in less than 5 months!

Link Posted: 5/28/2022 4:55:35 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By bigboss91:
She is complete! Both stamps came in less than 5 months!

https://i.imgur.com/9udVZPu.jpg
View Quote

How’d you get the can stamp so quick and I’m at a year?  And others are at 400+ days?
Link Posted: 5/28/2022 5:54:41 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By officerX:

How’d you get the can stamp so quick and I’m at a year?  And others are at 400+ days?
View Quote

eFile most likely
Link Posted: 5/28/2022 7:53:30 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 2Keylows] [#15]
View Quote

The only consistency is the unconsistency coming out of the AFT.
If your on the NFA subreddit, you'll see wildly inconsistent approvals, both eform and paper.

If your at 400 plus, IM me I have an email you can use tohelp push your paper form along. I just hit 400 on one of my cans and it just got passed to an examiner Friday.
Eta: Don't IM me if your under 400, this email won't help you.
Link Posted: 5/28/2022 8:27:49 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By 2Keylows:

If your on the NFA subreddit, you'll see wildly inconsistent approvals, both eform and paper.

If your at 400 plus, IM me I have an email you can use tohelp push your paper form along. I just hit 400 on one of my cans and it just got passed to an examiner Friday.
View Quote

Spam
Link Posted: 5/28/2022 8:36:54 PM EDT
[#17]
Spam
View Quote

I wasn't thinking, set myself up on that one.

Good to see approvals on the cans though.
They absolutely make the rifle. Hope to join you guys soon lol.
Link Posted: 5/28/2022 8:38:37 PM EDT
[Last Edit: JohnnyUtah427] [#18]

I wasn't thinking, set myself up on that one.

Good to see approvals on the cans though.
They absolutely make the rifle. Hope to join you guys soon lol.
View Quote

Glad you’re getting at least one can being approved.  I will have to return the airsoft one I got for you.
Link Posted: 5/28/2022 9:02:16 PM EDT
[#19]
Glad you’re getting at least one can being approved.  I will have to return the airsoft one I got for you.
View Quote
Haa. Bro, hold on. It's not approved yet, send it here.
Link Posted: 5/28/2022 9:16:28 PM EDT
[#20]

View Quote

I don’t think I’ve quite hit a year yet but I’ll keep this in mind if it gets to 400.
Link Posted: 5/29/2022 9:13:24 PM EDT
[Last Edit: dogesco93] [#21]
Removed. Promo only
Link Posted: 5/29/2022 9:18:29 PM EDT
[Last Edit: dogesco93] [#22]
Removed. Promo only
Link Posted: 5/29/2022 9:19:30 PM EDT
[Last Edit: officerX] [#23]
Originally Posted By dogesco93:
From DA’s IG it looks like devgru is also running the new 5.56 can… I’m on my phone or I’d add in.
View Quote

I saw that pic.  That’s a Gen 4 upper and lower, I believe.
Link Posted: 5/29/2022 9:39:04 PM EDT
[Last Edit: LsuJon] [#24]
Not dev. Just a promo shoot. Not even select fire.
Link Posted: 5/29/2022 10:08:49 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 5/29/2022 10:18:38 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By LsuJon:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By LsuJon:

and an MRO....
Link Posted: 5/30/2022 1:06:40 PM EDT
[#27]

I know this pic was posted previously in the thread, but IG for whatever reason has a better quality pic over the Navy Seal Foundation website.

Looks like a rifle in 556 and rocking a 762 Sdn can. Standard Atacr (with caps flipped?) and Tano Ultramount. Long boi in the background.
Glad a better quality image popped up. It's a killer pic.
Link Posted: 5/30/2022 8:57:54 PM EDT
[#28]
https://i.imgur.com/zQN0uyJ.png
I know this pic was posted previously in the thread, but IG for whatever reason has a better quality pic over the Navy Seal Foundation website.

Looks like a rifle in 556 and rocking a 762 Sdn can. Standard Atacr (with caps flipped?) and Tano Ultramount. Long boi in the background.
View Quote

Wouldn’t it be the 416SD/M4-2000 from their 416? I’ve always thought this pic could’ve been an AAC rather than a dead air.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/30/2022 9:15:54 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By WBONC:
Wouldn’t it be the 416SD/M4-2000 from their 416? I’ve always thought this pic could’ve been an AAC rather than a dead air.
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/309598/EX8PLy4XYAEQFHZ_jpg-1854732.JPG
View Quote

I think your right. The step down (I don't know what you would call it) is spaced out a bit more. I was assuming based on them using both 556/300blk, but makes sense to use existing inventory.
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/30/2022 10:13:00 PM EDT
[#30]

I think your right. The step down (I don't know what you would call it) is spaced out a bit more. I was assuming based on them using both 556/300blk, but makes sense to use existing inventory.
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/475241/m42000_jpg-2402641.JPGhttps://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/475241/762-SDN-6-horizontal_jpg-2402642.JPG
View Quote

Yeah, I thought the assumption was that they used the Sandman on both calibers so it’s interesting seeing the AAC’s being used on the 556 upper for sure.
Link Posted: 5/31/2022 11:36:20 AM EDT
[#31]
Probably easier to keep a dedicated can on each caliber. The 5.56 upper probably stays with the legacy AAC cans and the .300 blk goes with the Sandman. That's my best guess.
Link Posted: 6/1/2022 10:29:22 AM EDT
[#32]
I wonder why they made the move to stainless steel barrels from the CHF chrome lined ones.
Diving operations maybe but they have been using chrome lined M16/M4 barrels for decades.
Link Posted: 6/1/2022 2:28:19 PM EDT
[#33]
https://i.imgur.com/zQN0uyJ.png

View Quote

Speaking of that picture, anyone know what’s at 12 directly above the MVG in front of the ATACR? I would presume the laser position would be to help facilitate clip on thermals and NV.
Link Posted: 6/1/2022 4:05:28 PM EDT
[#34]

Speaking of that picture, anyone know what's at 12 directly above the MVG in front of the ATACR? I would presume the laser position would be to help facilitate clip on thermals and NV.
View Quote
Honestly, when i beloved it to be .300blk I thought it was a second PEQ unit. But if we think it's a 5.56 then it's probably a pressure switch.
Link Posted: 6/1/2022 4:43:10 PM EDT
[#35]

Speaking of that picture, anyone know what’s at 12 directly above the MVG in front of the ATACR? I would presume the laser position would be to help facilitate clip on thermals and NV.
View Quote

I thought the same thing. Looks like a mount for a thermal, due to the orientation of the NGAL, but can't make out which one. My googlefu wasn't strong enough to find anything that resembled that footprint.

Like LSU JON said, I thought it might have been a second laser but looking at various pics of undersides of the NGAL, CQBL 1, and the LA5 , it didn't look like it.

So next I thought, ok it's a pressure pad for the NGAL but it doesn't look like any of the commercially available ones.

So lastly, maybe it's some sort of sling attachment?
Link Posted: 6/2/2022 1:33:29 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Netliquid] [#36]
Since this is my first experience with Cerakote, can anyone tell me how durable it should be? Will it wear on the high spots like the forward assist when setting the rifle down on its side fairly quickly? Im just curious as I don't really know the extent of its durability. I understand its a coating and is not indestructible, but was wondering if just normal use and setting it down is enough to start showing wear.

Looking back a few pages at TinyCrumbs post, his rifle looks really well used but the coating seems to be holding up well.
Link Posted: 6/2/2022 2:34:23 AM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By Netliquid:
Since this is my first experience with Cerakote, can anyone tell me how durable it should be? Will it wear on the high spots like the forward assist when setting the rifle down on its side fairly quickly? Im just curious as I don't really know the extent of its durability. I understand its a coating and is not indestructible, but was wondering if just normal use and setting it down is enough to start showing wear.

Looking back a few pages at TinyCrumbs post, his rifle looks really well used but the coating seems to be holding up well.
View Quote

Maybe try asking in the the Refinishing subforum: https://www.ar15.com/forums/Armory/Refinishing/19/

I have 2 uppers and a lower and an airsoft gun done in Cerakote. Not sure the specifics with mix ratios, prep, and application.
Link Posted: 6/2/2022 11:00:37 AM EDT
[#38]
Since we're posting black can pics.....

Link Posted: 6/3/2022 12:45:54 AM EDT
[#39]
I bought a Pelican Vault V700 to create a “deployment case” for for this setup.  Still just need that bloody suppressor!

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/3/2022 5:46:32 PM EDT
[#40]
I bought a Pelican Vault V700 to create a “deployment case” for for this setup.  Still just need that bloody suppressor!
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/335460/C8FDCF2C-31E6-4586-BF8F-B330CE2AFF44_jpe-2405739.JPG
View Quote
Sweet.

I'll uhh.. see myself out.

Link Posted: 6/4/2022 10:19:59 AM EDT
[#41]
If anyone on this thread wants first dibs on my  BLK ATACR w/ ultramount to build one of the clones above, feel free to PM me. Gonna let it ride in this thread first before giving it up to the rest of the world.
Link Posted: 6/4/2022 12:24:26 PM EDT
[#42]
If anyone on this thread wants first dibs on my  BLK ATACR w/ ultramount to build one of the clones above, feel free to PM me. Gonna let it ride in this thread first before giving it up to the rest of the world.
View Quote

Why you selling? That setup is legit.
Link Posted: 6/4/2022 12:25:20 PM EDT
[#43]
Sweet.

I'll uhh.. see myself out.
https://i.imgur.com/LzXmZWY.jpg

View Quote

Airsofty…
Link Posted: 6/4/2022 12:30:38 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Omega9000] [#44]

Why you selling? That setup is legit.
View Quote

I think the ATACR is dope and it is considerably better than my NX8 I had previously, but I don't train enough to get proficient with it. The T2 keeps things simple and frees up cash to get a rattler for bag/travel gun.
Link Posted: 6/4/2022 5:47:09 PM EDT
[#45]

I think the ATACR is dope and it is considerably better than my NX8 I had previously, but I don't train enough to get proficient with it. The T2 keeps things simple and frees up cash to get a rattler for bag/travel gun.
View Quote

Sounds good.  

Rattler is about as perfect as you can get…no doubt about it.
Link Posted: 6/4/2022 7:49:33 PM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By Netliquid:

View Quote

It really depends on how the guy applying it is. If he’s good it should last a long time. Mine has 500-700 rounds through it and I haven’t seen any wear. However I bought a radian mod 1 last Christmas and after some basic handling and maybe 100-200 rounds it was wearing pretty bad. I wasn’t impressed at all for what I paid.
Link Posted: 6/5/2022 4:48:59 PM EDT
[Last Edit: SaltyChaps] [#47]
Got everything finished up, using a BRT .071 gas tube with the proper LW barrel profile. With an H1 and sprinco white, I'm ejecting around 4 o'clock. I tried a sprinco blue at first but the ammo I was shooting was not full power 5.56 and I had the occasional short stroke. Ammo was Norma FWIW.

Cerakote was 12:1

Link Posted: 6/6/2022 10:54:26 AM EDT
[#48]
Posted up my ATACR w/mount on the EE, if any one of you guys want to trade up.
Link Posted: 6/7/2022 7:06:40 PM EDT
[#49]
Simple Man had lightweight 300 blk barrels in stock - of course they were sold out the moment I checked it out...

Figures...
Link Posted: 6/7/2022 7:18:57 PM EDT
[#50]
both 300blk and 556 were gone when i checked when i got home. 16 minutes after the email
Page / 78
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top