Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Page / 78
Link Posted: 4/16/2021 4:53:50 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MickeyWHS] [#1]
Got in a couple of decent range sessions with the LVAW clone, zero complaints thus far. While the handguard gets as warm as one would expect, it's tolerable. On a related note I convinced the guy at ALTRD to start designing the proper heat shield for the LVAW handguard (which will be a drop-in fit since he already included the screw holes for it). He's also working on a very lo-pro scout mount that will still allow the use of an NGAL or PEQ15/LA-5 alongside the light body.

Link Posted: 4/16/2021 8:39:28 PM EDT
[#2]
So w/ dev. switching over to Noveske, I'm actually curious as to what their current dm/ recce rifle or upper setup is. I believe it was touched upon slight in the nsw recce thread but just giving the nature of these units their is no way to fully confirm.
Link Posted: 4/16/2021 9:16:34 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By MickeyWHS:
Got in a couple of decent range sessions with the LVAW clone, zero complaints thus far. While the handguard gets as warm as one would expect, it's tolerable. On a related note I convinced the guy at ALTRD to start designing the proper heat shield for the LVAW handguard (which will be a drop-in fit since he already included the screw holes for it). He's also working on a very lo-pro scout mount that will still allow the use of an NGAL or PEQ15/LA-5 alongside the light body.

https://i.imgur.com/ZxtaLYb.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/lfY3V9L.png
https://i.imgur.com/H2fvpHv.jpg
View Quote

that is good news
Link Posted: 4/16/2021 10:17:54 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By xxflyingturtlexx:

that is good news
View Quote

Need him to make it and then sell it to me
Link Posted: 4/16/2021 10:35:08 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By LsuJon:
So w/ dev. switching over to Noveske, I'm actually curious as to what their current dm/ recce rifle or upper setup is. I believe it was touched upon slight in the nsw recce thread but just giving the nature of these units their is no way to fully confirm.
View Quote

Yeah. they have made some recent changes the past couple of years. Assaulters went to the P320 X Five and switched to the Noveske. What are they saying in the Recce thread?
Link Posted: 4/16/2021 10:47:16 PM EDT
[#6]
View Quote

I'd like to know this as well.

Seems like the 10.5" Noveske with ATACR is the NSW Recce rifle now
Link Posted: 4/16/2021 11:01:28 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By Eyekahn:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

So the short discussion starts on the bottom of page 56 of the nsw recce. Basically a guy "in the know" states this is what they are using and this is what they have and he cloned it. Only thing I find hard to believe is that he mentioned that the x24 was still the standard. Other than that it seems to be pretty believable. Also I'm not calling this guy a liar or anything at all, I'm just stating I can't confirm it's true or false as I do not know him. W/ the nature of these units it's not like we can just ask for a bunch of pictures from the guys in atm.
Link Posted: 4/17/2021 12:46:19 AM EDT
[#8]

Happy 4/16 Day
Link Posted: 4/17/2021 7:33:19 AM EDT
[#9]

So the short discussion starts on the bottom of page 56 of the nsw recce. Basically a guy "in the know" states this is what they are using and this is what they have and he cloned it. Only thing I find hard to believe is that he mentioned that the x24 was still the standard. Other than that it seems to be pretty believable. Also I'm not calling this guy a liar or anything at all, I'm just stating I can't confirm it's true or false as I do not know him. W/ the nature of these units it's not like we can just ask for a bunch of pictures from the guys in atm.
View Quote

Curious if the ATACR's will be on the .300 variants as well.
Link Posted: 4/17/2021 7:50:10 AM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By eMc9001:

Curious if the ATACR's will be on the .300 variants as well.
View Quote

Yea. Would be a fast way to switch zero from super to sub. And the 125gr stuff is good out to 6-700.
Link Posted: 4/17/2021 8:03:15 AM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By smartliketractor:

That is Jenna Jameson sized. Why in the world would they keep that commercial size for mil guns? I realize that's the recipe they ran for commercial guns for years, but mil gun gas ports can be smaller given they are only fed certain types of ammo.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By JohnnyUtah427:
Confirmed gas port size at .081" measured.

That is Jenna Jameson sized. Why in the world would they keep that commercial size for mil guns? I realize that's the recipe they ran for commercial guns for years, but mil gun gas ports can be smaller given they are only fed certain types of ammo.

It is big... but how does it shoot? There must be a reason why they go with 0.081. I imagine they can choose anything they want.
Link Posted: 4/17/2021 8:03:17 AM EDT
[Last Edit: eMc9001] [#12]

Yea. Would be a fast way to switch zero from super to sub. And the 125gr stuff is good out to 6-700.
View Quote

Kinda digging the idea of it.

Edit: FYI Sandman S back in stock at Silencershop
Link Posted: 4/23/2021 5:08:28 PM EDT
[#13]
All this work for different markings and color.
Link Posted: 4/23/2021 5:40:20 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By 2Keylows:
All this work for different markings and color.
https://i.imgur.com/ytyDWzkh.jpg
View Quote

You building one too?
Link Posted: 4/23/2021 5:44:43 PM EDT
[#15]
You building one too?
View Quote

*Sigh* Yes.
Picked a terrible time to build a one off clone.
Link Posted: 4/23/2021 5:46:47 PM EDT
[#16]

*Sigh* Yes.
View Quote

Rip Noveske parts. I'm really struggling to find stuff right now haha.
Link Posted: 4/23/2021 5:47:42 PM EDT
[#17]

*Sigh* Yes.
View Quote
Existence is pain... the way I look at it, I have 7+ months to source parts.
Link Posted: 4/23/2021 6:00:00 PM EDT
[#18]
View All Quotes

I noticed... At least they have a pretty IG page.
Existence is pain... the way I look at it, I have 7+ months to source parts.

Oh yeah. I fully expect a year plus on this guy, I don't have very good luck with Nfa items.
Link Posted: 4/23/2021 6:14:34 PM EDT
[Last Edit: methical20] [#19]
Dead Air just confirmed via email that sharpie on the end cap of the FDE MIL Sandmans means that it needs to go back in for RMA
Link Posted: 4/23/2021 6:23:32 PM EDT
[#20]
For those w/ an f prefixed Noveske lower, what's the difference on font from a W prefixed lower?
Link Posted: 4/23/2021 10:11:41 PM EDT
[#21]

Got held up on cerakoting my parts. But I should be doing them soon since I got a couple guys sending me their parts to do as well and I'll do them all at the same time.
Link Posted: 4/24/2021 9:53:45 PM EDT
[#22]

Navy barrel and the forbidden ammo

Link Posted: 4/25/2021 7:39:55 AM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By MNRidesHonda:
https://i.imgur.com/szO2wSD.jpg

Navy barrel and the forbidden ammo

https://i.imgur.com/JQ7Efzc.jpg
View Quote

Much sex.
Link Posted: 4/27/2021 8:23:06 PM EDT
[#24]
52 minutes of 75th Ranger Regiment playing with their toys...

Link Posted: 4/28/2021 10:42:00 AM EDT
[#25]
Noveske/DEVGRU cloners: Gunbroker has a few Buy It Now Gen 3 uppers at $500 each. That's $200 less than what they typically go for.

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/899628438
Link Posted: 4/28/2021 11:57:10 AM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By PFran42:
Noveske/DEVGRU cloners: Gunbroker has a few Buy It Now Gen 3 uppers at $500 each. That's $200 less than what they typically go for.

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/899628438
View Quote

Damn they really go for 700?
Link Posted: 4/28/2021 12:32:17 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Advance] [#27]

Damn they really go for 700?
View Quote

I just checked GB completed listings and it looks like things have settled down a little. $550-700 seems to be the going rate now.

The DEVGRU clone is going to be a thing for a while.
Link Posted: 4/28/2021 3:24:06 PM EDT
[#28]

I just checked GB completed listings and it looks like things have settled down a little. $550-700 seems to be the going rate now.

View Quote

Gotcha. Didn't realize they were that much.
Link Posted: 4/28/2021 3:45:40 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By MNRidesHonda:
https://i.imgur.com/Gt0T9XH.jpg

Got held up on cerakoting my parts. But I should be doing them soon since I got a couple guys sending me their parts to do as well and I'll do them all at the same time.
View Quote

https://www.bigtexordnance.com/product/dead-air-sandman-s-fde-military-contract/?fbclid=IwAR3TnXTeMdhvcZM3UeLCM4kD74x2ARE2RyW_RUOdQ0XpjlOObIX1eSo01S8

Big Tex has 28 in stock
Link Posted: 4/28/2021 3:57:46 PM EDT
[#30]

View Quote
- me actually thinking about purchasing one as it's the last part I need besides the correct barrel
Link Posted: 4/28/2021 5:08:29 PM EDT
[#31]
- me actually thinking about purchasing one as it's the last part I need besides the correct barrel
View Quote

I got the can so far
Link Posted: 4/28/2021 5:29:02 PM EDT
[#32]

I got the can so far
View Quote
I purchased a complete novekse pistol from GB and I'm parting it out. So I just need the correct barrels and I'll be set... so Basically I'll never be set haha
Link Posted: 4/28/2021 5:31:50 PM EDT
[#33]

Coupon code alliancepd will get you 15% off too.
Link Posted: 4/28/2021 6:07:28 PM EDT
[#34]
I purchased a complete novekse pistol from GB and I'm parting it out. So I just need the correct barrels and I'll be set... so Basically I'll never be set haha
View Quote

Smart move. I almost snagged a upper in 5.56 the other day but got beat to it.
Link Posted: 4/28/2021 9:15:32 PM EDT
[#35]

View Quote

Military guns need to be able to operate in extreme cold. Who knows, maybe there have been new, lower, operating temperature range requirements derived from Arctic conflict CONOPS.
Link Posted: 4/29/2021 5:52:47 PM EDT
[Last Edit: UndrGrndPrdcts] [#36]
Can we start compiling info on the first post like the other clone threads with relevant info for each one, like atleast the barrel length, manufacturer, and caliber to start?

Edit: Are the LVAW using 6.75" barrels? Are the guys using them mostly running subs?
Link Posted: 4/30/2021 6:38:49 PM EDT
[#37]
Gunbroker has Noveske gen 3 uppers for $450. 7 in stock.

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/899838776
Link Posted: 5/2/2021 10:57:21 AM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 5/2/2021 11:19:03 AM EDT
[#39]
View Quote

Niiice man.
Link Posted: 5/2/2021 9:11:49 PM EDT
[#40]
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/3/2021 9:52:05 PM EDT
[#41]
Picked this up today. Most of the Parts are accounted for or are on the way. Only thing I need is the correct .300 barrel.... Dont know if that will ever happen. Gen 3 upper comes wen. Waiting on a barrel nut wrench to break this down to send it out to get cerakoted. Any recommendations on that front would be well appreciated. I can already tell this will be my fav build.

Link Posted: 5/4/2021 8:32:36 AM EDT
[#42]
Are all you guys going with F prefix on your lowers or just going with whatever Gen 1 you can find?
Link Posted: 5/4/2021 9:39:28 PM EDT
[#43]
Found a guy local to me that does Cerakote. I'm trading him a Noveske MUR upper for some peanut butter.

Attachment Attached File

Anyone know where to get the 5.56 marked dust covers?
Link Posted: 5/5/2021 4:25:07 PM EDT
[#44]
Are all you guys going with F prefix on your lowers or just going with whatever Gen 1 you can find?
View Quote
So I couldn't find an F prefix and after asking around I just went w/ the common W prefixed lower. From my limited understanding the F marked lowers were simply produced at the same timeframe as the contract ones. The only difference I could see in photos between the two was the serial numbers, maybe someone else could better comment on them however.
Link Posted: 5/5/2021 4:39:38 PM EDT
[#45]
So I couldn't find an F prefix and after asking around I just went w/ the common W prefixed lower. From my limited understanding the F marked lowers were simply produced at the same timeframe as the contract ones. The only difference I could see in photos between the two was the serial numbers, maybe someone else could better comment on them however.
View Quote

“F” prefix has the updated engravings that is seen on the contract lowers.  “W” is just the latest made lowers from this year.  Same markings.  

Contract lowers actually got “X” marked prefixes in their serial numbers if I’m not mistaken.
Link Posted: 5/5/2021 5:53:57 PM EDT
[#46]

"F" prefix has the updated engravings that is seen on the contract lowers.  "W" is just the latest made lowers from this year.  Same markings.  

Contract lowers actually got "X" marked prefixes in their serial numbers if I'm not mistaken.
View Quote
Damn I think I have a gen 1 lower made the first year Noveski made lowers (2007-2008 IIRC).

Are these close to the lowers Dev uses?
Link Posted: 5/5/2021 6:15:37 PM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By UndrGrndPrdcts:
Can we start compiling info on the first post like the other clone threads with relevant info for each one, like atleast the barrel length, manufacturer, and caliber to start?

Edit: Are the LVAW using 6.75" barrels? Are the guys using them mostly running subs?
View Quote

I’m curious about mil 300 loads too. 6.75” is the barrel length used by the LVAW. From what I understand it was never sold commercially on a complete gun until the TacOps. coregon can correct me if I’m wrong on that.

I’d love more info in general about the LVAW guns. Especially current guns.
Link Posted: 5/5/2021 6:31:24 PM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By StealthGuy:

I’m curious about mil 300 loads too. 6.75” is the barrel length used by the LVAW. From what I understand it was never sold commercially on a complete gun until the TacOps. coregon can correct me if I’m wrong on that.

I’d love more info in general about the LVAW guns. Especially current guns.
View Quote

1-5 twist is what makes that 6.75” barrel magical….
Link Posted: 5/5/2021 7:54:59 PM EDT
[#49]

1-5 twist is what makes that 6.75” barrel magical….
View Quote

The Q Honey Badger barrel is a 1:5 7”.

Mos Tek can also spin something more custom (lengths etc) with the fast twist rate too.
Link Posted: 5/5/2021 8:32:35 PM EDT
[#50]
Love the 6.75 mcx. The 1-5 twist is great. We had a good thread about the lvaw, but it may have been archived.
Page / 78
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top