Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 7/10/2018 8:08:00 PM EDT
Hey everyone,

I have a question for those of you with Noveske rifles or barrels in your builds. This will be my 7th build, my first three I used Daniel Defense barrels, and then my last four I've used BCM and loved them. I currently run a BCM 12.5in enhanced lightweight barrel in my SBR and its great, however for my next build I've been looking into not really 'cheaping out' (Even though BCM arent considered cheap barrels compared to a lot of other companies by any means) on anything and am planning to do a lot of more expensive higher end parts for this rifle. So my question is are Noveske barrels and parts worth the price tag attached to them? I know companies like KAC and what not make some of the best ARs and AR parts on the market and are 100% worth the price if you have the money, but are Noveske as well? I'm looking into their 14.5in N4 Barrel and for the price tag attached of $430 as opposed to BCMs enhanced fluted barrels for $269, are they that much better? I'm not looking for the 'MY PSA BARREL HAS SHOT 132 ROUNDS AND IS PERFECT NO ONE NEEDS THAT EXPENSIVE BS!' answers, I'm trying to find people with a lot of experience with the 'higher end' barrels and if they are worth the money or if mid level priced barrels are just as good.
Link Posted: 7/10/2018 8:16:45 PM EDT
[#1]
Worth the money??

I don't know but I'll say that my 6.8spc and 5.56 AR's with Noveske barrels  will out shoot many of my bolt guns!!!

I think that they are great,but it takes more than a barrel to make a gun.

If I build another precision rifle I'll use a Noveske barrel.
Link Posted: 7/10/2018 9:03:47 PM EDT
[#2]
Okay so thats definitely a positive +1 for them..

But heres my current build sheet

Noveske N4 14.5in Barrel
Bootleg Enhanced Upper
SLR Rifleworks Solo 13.7in Rail OR BCM MCMR 13in (still trying to decide)
Radian Raptor
Noveske BCG (debating on this or getting some kind of nickle boron one?)
Lantac ASR Dragon (New collab they did with Silencerco that will mount my specwar k)
SLR Adjustable gas block
Noveske Stripped Lower
BCM Grip
Geiselle SD-C Trigger
JP Silent Capture Spring
Aero Precision lower parts kit and buffer tube
B5 SOPMOD Stock
Assorted BAD parts (take dowdown pins, ambi selector, bolt release)

I have almost all my lower parts so far but havent started aquiring upper items yet
Link Posted: 7/11/2018 7:12:01 AM EDT
[#3]
I've got a Noveske N4 10.5" and it's a very nice barrel (not a fan of the .080 gas port, though). Just FYI, the N4 CHF barrels are made for Noveske by FN. Other than the gas port, I don't have anything at all negative to say about the Noveske; however, it is in no way superior to my DD 10.3". I don't think the price premium, at least on the CHF CL Noveske barrels, is worth it over a Colt or DD.

Honestly, I'd get a Colt SOCOM 14.5 over the Noveske. Less money and an extremely accurate barrel. In stock for $240 from AU.

https://www.armsunlimited.com/Colt-M4-14-5-inch-556mm-SOCOM-Barrel-Assembly-p/sp65054.htm
Link Posted: 7/11/2018 8:39:35 AM EDT
[#4]
I have a Noveske 11.5” stainless barrel on my go-to rifle, it’s a fantastic barrel.

That said, they aren’t worth it for most applications. With the current offerings from Ballistic Advantage, I’ve begun to wonder if premium barrels are worth it at all in anything aside from bench guns.
Link Posted: 7/14/2018 10:59:00 AM EDT
[#5]
I have 2; 13.7 Infidel and 12.5 Crusader, and I love them.  Not playing the brand whore card, as I have many different brand uppers, and like them all for different reasons.

My Noveske uppers are older models, so I cannot speak to today's quality or spec, but they are gassed as close to perfect as they can be for the ammo that I use.  Even with my suppressor mounted, that Crusader barrel has not needed the gas cut back.  I can spin the can off, and it shoots softly, and ejects reliably, every time.

The Infidel is midlength gas, and many doubt its reliability based solely on the fact that is has too short of a barrel for the gas system.  It has never missed a beat, even with lower power ammo.

The accuracy with good ammo definitely beats all of my other rifles.  I just need better glass so I can get out there farther, and enjoy what they are capable of.
Link Posted: 7/17/2018 9:17:24 PM EDT
[#6]
I have a recon 16”, definitely one of my favorite guns and very accurate.
Link Posted: 7/17/2018 9:25:30 PM EDT
[#7]
Dont rule out Rainier Arms Barrels.. I have had a 5.56, .308 and 6.5 Ultramatch barrel and LOVED all of them. sub moa
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top