Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 4/6/2022 7:34:46 AM EDT
Don’t need name recognition, looking for what is considered a good beater. Was looking at the modern materiel as I think their builds are great for the cash but interested in other options. This will be purely for a self defense gun. Doesn’t need to be flashy

Link Posted: 4/6/2022 7:52:45 PM EDT
[#1]
Mid tier I'd prob go BCM. Could build out an aero on the cheap.
Link Posted: 4/6/2022 7:57:52 PM EDT
[#2]
Home rolled?
Link Posted: 4/19/2022 9:56:52 AM EDT
[#3]
Get a good barrel and bcg from criterion, spikes, bcm or dd then finish it with aero parts
Link Posted: 4/19/2022 10:34:50 AM EDT
[#4]
BCM
Link Posted: 4/19/2022 11:33:19 AM EDT
[#5]
Build it
Link Posted: 7/16/2022 5:38:42 PM EDT
[#6]
ok coming back around to this as I have can in hand (hybrid 46) so looking 8" barrel min, was thinking of a Q product or possible DD. I have never built a firearm before, but have worked on plenty of AR's

steve
Link Posted: 7/16/2022 8:15:05 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
ok coming back around to this as I have can in hand (hybrid 46) so looking 8" barrel min, was thinking of a Q product or possible DD. I have never built a firearm before, but have worked on plenty of AR's

steve
View Quote

If you've worked on ARs, you can build one no problem.

Otherwise, DDM4 PDW (pistol)
https://danieldefense.com/ddm4-pdw.html
Link Posted: 7/17/2022 8:20:38 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

If you've worked on ARs, you can build one no problem.

Otherwise, DDM4 PDW (pistol)
https://danieldefense.com/ddm4-pdw.html
View Quote

I do like the pdw, honey b, virtus. I'm actually considering removing brace completely from virtue and going that route
Link Posted: 7/17/2022 10:54:16 PM EDT
[#10]
Build it.
Link Posted: 7/19/2022 12:22:14 PM EDT
[#11]
I bought a complete pistol from PSA a good while back for $500.  Does everything I need it to.
Link Posted: 7/19/2022 1:05:44 PM EDT
[#12]
BRT gets it

https://blackrivertactical.com/WP/BRT-8-0-OPTIMUM-Hammer-Forged-Chrome-Lined-Barrel-300BLK-PDW-p440556374

1/5 Twist for improved terminal performance of expanding subsonic projectiles. Also provides enhanced stability with long, heavy subsonic projectiles through suppressors.30 Caliber Feed Ramps for reliable feeding of heavy round nose and hollow point expanding subsonic loads.
Gas System tuned for reliable operation in all 4 modes:
Subsonic
Subsonic Suppressed
Supersonic
Supersonic Suppressed
300 BLK Chamber for compatibility with all supersonic and subsonic ammunition. Our multi-step process produces true SAAMI-spec chamber dimensions with excellent concentricity and includes separate operations for throating and chamber polishing.
Hammer Forged for extreme durability and accuracy. Our precision hammer forging process produces an exceptionally straight and smooth bore finish with ideal land and grooves profiles, all of which are key to maintaining accuracy. The forging process also increases hardness and produces beneficial grain flow alignment which improves toughness.
Chrome Lined Chamber and Bore for excellent service life and resistance to corrosion. Our industry leading process was developed specifically to address the unique requirements of precision firearm barrels and includes 5 key improvements to ensure highly uniform and accurate results. This includes an electro-polishing treatment before chrome lining.

Link Posted: 7/19/2022 1:15:54 PM EDT
[#13]
Sig Rattler. not the cheapest but the shortest you can get one shooting. 16" and fires folded.
Link Posted: 7/20/2022 8:11:34 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Get a good barrel and bcg from criterion, spikes, bcm or dd then finish it with aero parts
View Quote

I really like Aero Precision.
I used their lower and parts kit on my build.
Everything fits and operates perfectly.

Link Posted: 9/3/2022 7:16:29 AM EDT
[#15]
More info on this short build…
Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top