Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/10/2020 10:27:45 AM EDT
I have a Colt 14.5” socom barrel, would a good choice for bolt and carrier be a nickel boron model? I’ve always used standard Colt Bolts and carriers for my Colt barrels but I thought I might try something new. Do these coated carriers have any wear issues with hammers or receivers? I have a Geissle SSA-E trigger. Thank you for any input as I’ve never used any of these.
Link Posted: 5/10/2020 10:40:56 AM EDT
[#1]
Get good brand name and have it. Best advancement to ARs, makes clean up super easy. Also consider Young Mfg. hard chromed as well. I have both Hard Chrome and NiBn and they both clean up easy but the NiBn Seems to have stains from gase, etc. it works just not as pretty over time.
Link Posted: 5/10/2020 10:49:36 AM EDT
[#2]
do you already have a BCG for the BBL/Upper?
Link Posted: 5/10/2020 11:01:02 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Jmo371:
do you already have a BCG for the BBL/Upper?
View Quote

No, I have just barrel
Link Posted: 5/10/2020 11:05:15 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I have a Colt 14.5” socom barrel, would a good choice for bolt and carrier be a nickel boron model? I’ve always used standard Colt Bolts and carriers for my Colt barrels but I thought I might try something new. Do these coated carriers have any wear issues with hammers or receivers? I have a Geissle SSA-E trigger. Thank you for any input as I’ve never used any of these.
View Quote

Toolcraft DLC
Link Posted: 5/10/2020 11:06:18 AM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By squirrell18:

No, I have just barrel
View Quote

Then Toolcraft gets my vote
Link Posted: 5/10/2020 11:19:44 AM EDT
[#6]
Should there be any problems running a Nickel Boron carrier and bolt with Nitrided uppers and barrels?
Link Posted: 5/10/2020 11:23:33 AM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By AlvinYork:
Should there be any problems running a Nickel Boron carriers and bolts with Nitrided uppers and barrels?
View Quote

No, not as long as the NIB process was done correctly.
Link Posted: 5/16/2020 9:56:25 PM EDT
[#8]
in high heat the lube likes to run off the NIB and in extreme cold it's sluggish, imo.

phosphate exterior, to hold lube, and chrome where the bolt goes, seems pretty ideal.
Link Posted: 5/16/2020 10:47:48 PM EDT
[#9]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top