Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 2/21/2018 12:19:03 AM EDT
I have not even built an AR-15 yet nor ever owned one.I wanted to build a lightweight one as my first build.I was told it was better to build than buy.I have read that might not be a great idea.
Well before I read that I bought a Balios Lite Gen 2 Receiver set and a Daniel Defense 16" lightweight 5.56 barrel, 1-7 twist.
I also have all the tools I need being Shipped as I type. Now after reading that I am afraid I may have bit off more than I can chew.
Just wondering if you can give me some pointers or if I should just build the rest of it regular. Or if that is even possible with the Balios Lite upper and Lower.
Thank you
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 1:13:09 AM EDT
[#1]
Well it all comes down to what you consider light weight, do you have a target weight in mind you are trying to reach?, you have already purchased some lighter weight parts, you will need to get a buffer system, LPK, BCG, Hand guard, etc.

But there is really nothing to putting together if you have the tools to do it and don't try to mickey mouse things without the right tools.

Let us know exactly what you are trying to accomplish and we can give you some pointers.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 8:40:05 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 9:26:34 AM EDT
[#3]
Worse comes to worse, you can post in your local htf and ask for help or take it to a local gunsmith. Take your time, take advantage of the articles here and don’t forget YouTube. Cheers
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 10:39:31 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 2:53:08 PM EDT
[#5]
Like others have said, just take it one step at a time and follow some of the guides.

I learned to build AR's from watching youtube videos and reading articles... 40+ AR's later, and I am literally ready to open a side business building guns.

One step at a time, and if you need help just reach out and someone will guide you.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top