Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 5/15/2023 4:31:55 PM EDT
I have a streamilght protac on my "go to" gun. I've considered replacing it multiple times, but it refuses to give me a reason to follow through. Lately I've been considering putting a lower cost light on my kid's AR and that could be a valid excuse. Buy a new light and give him this one. What's out there that uses the "scout" mounting pattern, isn't noticeably bigger than the protac and performs as well? My odds of needing to shoot a coyote in my field outweigh my chances of shooting an intruder in my home, so distance is more important. I have a cloud reign on a 14.5 and I like it, but it's just too big for my 11.5. Compact, scout mount, lots of throw... Anything?
Link Posted: 5/15/2023 8:54:58 PM EDT
[#1]
Arisaka/malkoff
Link Posted: 5/15/2023 9:11:45 PM EDT
[#2]
Olight Odin has a it's own, scout like mount.  The streamlight railmount protac hlx is a great upgrade to the standard protac.
Link Posted: 5/15/2023 9:18:11 PM EDT
[#3]
Is your Cloud Rein the Micro version?
Link Posted: 5/15/2023 9:28:29 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I have a cloud reign on a 14.5 and I like it, but it's just too big for my 11.5. Compact, scout mount, lots of throw... Anything?
View Quote

The REIN Micro is probably the simplest solution, but isn't quite as high candela as the newer REINs. Otherwise, I'd be looking at an OKW or LH8 head in an Arisaka 18350 body with a DS00 tailcap.
Link Posted: 5/16/2023 4:13:17 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Is your Cloud Rein the Micro version?
View Quote

No. It's full size. It works well, but it's just too big for a 10.5" handguard
Link Posted: 5/16/2023 4:14:54 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Olight Odin has a it's own, scout like mount.  The streamlight railmount protac hlx is a great upgrade to the standard protac.
View Quote

Mine is the rail mount hl-x
Link Posted: 5/16/2023 10:57:27 PM EDT
[#7]
I'm really partial to 18650 bodies with Malkoff E2XTL heads. The REIN 3.0 is a pretty sick light also

Link Posted: 5/17/2023 12:52:44 AM EDT
[#8]
Olight Javelot Tac.  They fixed the mount complaints a lot of people had with the Odin series where it was attached to the light body with two small screws.  The mount is now machined into the body and will fit Scout type mounts.  One of mine is in a Magpul offset M-lok mount and it is very solid.   The light has a very tight beam that really reaches out there, and has a decent amount of spill.  200 lumens and 1000 lumens instantly accessible with the included dual button remote switch.  The magnetic switch cable is now shrouded and nearly impossible to rip off of the light by snagging the cable.  You can get them with an M-lok or picatinny mount.  $140 regular price, but they go on sale from time to time.

Link Posted: 5/17/2023 5:20:05 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I'm really partial to 18650 bodies with Malkoff E2XTL heads. The REIN 3.0 is a pretty sick light also

https://i.imgur.com/PEEmJc4.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/mW5EoOU.jpg
View Quote

I agree. It's my favorite setup. And as Op was asking, it can use a scout mount(Arisaka mount). I paired mine with a Modbutton lite button.

Attachment Attached File
Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top