Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 5/2/2022 4:33:52 PM EDT
This is my first build, so please be gentle.

Anderson lower
Anderson stainless parts kit

After assembling trigger/hammer/disconnector, function check fails.

Hammer falls forward when trigger is pulled
Hammer jams on the disconnector (will not cock) if trigger is held back, trigger must come forward 1/8" in order for hammer to get past the disconnector and cock.

Is this a thing?   If I had to fix it right now, knowing what I know now, which is almost nothing, I would file down the rear/lower tab on the disconnector, aft of the disconnector spring a few hundredths.

parts out of spec?  did I make an error?  it seems straight forward.

My off-the-shelf ar15 doesn't have this issue.

Safety is not yet installed - does that keep the trigger forward enough when the user is pulling back?

curiously,
-craigerl

Link Posted: 5/2/2022 4:49:34 PM EDT
[#1]
Standard parts need the safety installed to function check. The safety limits the trigger travel distance even in the fire position. Sounds like you may have already figured it out though.
Link Posted: 5/2/2022 5:34:40 PM EDT
[#2]
Confirmed - thanks.  my "off the internet" instructions called for a function check prior to safety installation.

All together, works great.

thanks again,
-craigerl
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top