i hunted yesterday with my new PA micro red dot

it worked perfectly and I dropped a deer at 70 yards

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/15/2018 11:03:56 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 1/15/2018 11:06:55 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Yeah, same exact problem, same solution, except in this case we can't do the fix ourselves in a cost effective manner. The next batch will have upgraded NV settings and folks will have the option for a replacement of their original unit if they choose. My two favorite red dots we make are BOTH currently pulled from sale. *cries in PA fanboy*
View Quote
PA will send an email to customers?
Link Posted: 1/15/2018 11:07:16 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 1/15/2018 11:12:27 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 1/15/2018 11:13:51 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Yes, customers will get an email, we'll also announce it on social media, etc. You can always ping me at [email protected] for a status update if you like, but as soon as anything changes I'll post it in our Industry forums here on Arfcom too, so that's another place to check periodically.
View Quote
Okay,  thanks for the info.
Link Posted: 2/1/2018 12:59:28 PM EDT
[#7]
When can I buy another?
Link Posted: 2/8/2018 9:28:22 AM EDT
[#8]
Looks like Atlantic Firearms has them listed as in stock for $140.
Link Posted: 2/8/2018 12:29:15 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Looks like Atlantic Firearms has them listed as in stock for $140.
View Quote
What is this?  If Primary Arms doesn't have them, what are these?
Link to Atlantic Firearms
Link Posted: 2/8/2018 12:38:19 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

What is this?  If Primary Arms doesn't have them, what are these?
Link to Atlantic Firearms
View Quote
Looks like ones that don't have the NV corrected.  Note the 11 "brightness settings".  My guess if these are ones with proper mount holes that haven't had NV corrected.
Link Posted: 2/8/2018 2:13:52 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 2/16/2018 5:03:02 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 2/18/2018 5:30:38 AM EDT
[#13]
We can replace the circuit in your red dot and make it NV compatible.  However, it will take some time to get the parts. We will send a follow up email at that time, and we will send a pre-paid mailing label for you to return your red dot to us for the repair.
View Quote
This makes it sound (to me anyway) like there would be a follow up email to everyone who purchased one of these once the components were available. Is that not accurate? Should I reply to that email?
Thanks.
Link Posted: 2/19/2018 12:33:22 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 2/19/2018 6:15:44 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Yes, follow-up email is incoming shortly and will include the prepaid postage. I posted here on Arfcom seperately so you guys have a bit more of a heads up. If you don't get a followup email by, say, the end of the week, email me at [email protected] and I'll look into it and we'll get you sorted out.
View Quote
Now that is "Customer Service" at its Finest!
Link Posted: 2/19/2018 6:27:27 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 5:10:28 AM EDT
[#17]
And this is why I will never be afraid to order from you guys.
Link Posted: 2/23/2018 9:52:05 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Yup. Just posted this in another thread:

Atlantic is still selling the existing stock they have, that don't have the night vision upgrade. Go ahead and snag one, and if you want to use it with night vision, we recommend you don't do that until we are ready to replace the circuit board with the one that has different resistors in the rheostat. When we are ready to do that upgrade, send us the unit you got from Atlantic and we will perform the circuit board swap at that time for you.

If you aren't planning on using night vision, you're good to go.

We just pulled them off our site until the new circuit boards arrive, it's smarter to just wait until we can fix all the ones we have in stock instead of selling them just to have people send them back to us for the NV fix.
View Quote
When do you reckon they will be re-listed on the site again?
Link Posted: 2/26/2018 11:30:55 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 2/26/2018 12:29:53 PM EDT
[#20]
Good.  Very pleased with mine.
Link Posted: 2/27/2018 11:43:34 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Real soon. Days not weeks. QC crew have been doing the upgrades with the new circuit boards for a couple of days now.
View Quote
That is excellent news! Thank you for the update, my friend!
Link Posted: 2/27/2018 11:44:06 PM EDT
[#22]
I am ready to order! Hope it appears on the web-site soon.
Link Posted: 2/28/2018 11:29:55 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I am ready to order! Hope it appears on the web-site soon.
View Quote
Back in stock, just ordered mine
Link Posted: 2/28/2018 3:19:37 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View Quote
Yup, just ordered one too.
Link Posted: 2/28/2018 4:14:20 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View Quote
and already got tracking #
Link Posted: 2/28/2018 4:22:46 PM EDT
[#26]
ordered one in FDE from Optics Planet on Monday (I had a 12% off coupon), but they are saying it won't ship for 10-19 days. I assume it's because they're waiting on a restock from PA? I don't really care about the NV issues as I'm too poor for NV.
Link Posted: 3/1/2018 11:46:05 PM EDT
[#27]
Ordered mine with a magnifier and adm mounts.
Link Posted: 3/2/2018 6:18:46 PM EDT
[#28]
I have an Optics Planet gift card, so I want to order from there. Do you know when PA will be sending new stock to Optics Planet? They say March for FDE and June (???) for black.
Link Posted: 3/3/2018 12:41:16 AM EDT
[#29]
How does the holosun hs503G compare? Quality and warranty wise? I like the acss option
Link Posted: 3/3/2018 10:37:21 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
How does the holosun hs503G compare? Quality and warranty wise? I like the acss option
View Quote
Warranty on the primary arms is lifetime,  Holosun is 3yr electronics and 5yr structural

Although I dont have a 503G, the glass on my Holosun 503GU has hardly any red glare / reflection on it in the exact same lighting this PA dot had some cut across the upper left (when i bought the blem version of this one last month with the incorrectly machined screw holes for aftermarket mounts)

This primary arms felt rock solid and more heavy duty than my Holosun 503gu in the hand.........hard to describe, i guess it felt like a sturdier slab of metal lol...............that being said, the Holosuns can take abuse and then some as well, like the PA dots are known for

This PA dot has a rotary knob, the Holosuns have push buttons.  Some people say the push buttons are gimicky and just another potential fail point............I havent had any issues with push buttons to date, and I ran the PA MD-ADS for 3 years with push buttons prior to my current Holosun 503GU
Link Posted: 3/4/2018 8:14:23 PM EDT
[#31]
Thank you all good info.  Wasn't sure if it was an different than other holosun models since pa is more involved with it.
Link Posted: 3/4/2018 8:48:56 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
View Quote
I have a Holosun with the ACSS reticle and one of the new PA rotary knobs. If PA can put out a rotary knob micro with the ACSS reticle, I'll buy half a dozen of them.
Link Posted: 3/5/2018 12:50:29 AM EDT
[#33]
Do these use the same mounts as Aimpoint T1/T2/Micro?

I like LT's QD mounts.
Link Posted: 3/5/2018 1:52:48 AM EDT
[#34]
Yes, they do.
Link Posted: 3/6/2018 2:01:41 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
I have a Holosun with the ACSS reticle and one of the new PA rotary knobs. If PA can put out a rotary knob micro with the ACSS reticle, I'll buy half a dozen of them.
View Quote
I second this!  As someone that already owns more then half a dozen PA red dots I'd say I'd be likely to buy at least another half a dozen if not more if they just put the ACSS reticle in these new models.

I love my Holosun ACSS dots but they aren't as durable feeling as these new dots.  And my biggest problem with them is the battery cap/tray.  I have had my PA Holosun unit die quite a few times just by tapping the side of the battery tray because it didn't put even pressure on the CR2032 battery inside and it would shift around when tapped hard.  These new dots you can take the cap off and the battery is still held in place and the dot keeps working, the Holosun stops working pretty quickly and the battery will just fall out without any support.  This is my biggest issue with the Holosuns, and I plan to come up with a fix for it once I get a milling machine.
Link Posted: 3/7/2018 7:03:07 PM EDT
[#36]
just received mine.  I originally bought one of the blems but sold it the day after I got it so didnt remember much about it.

Definitely has a noticeable tint in comparison to my Holosun 503GU. It also seems to have the fish eye / magnification thing the MRO had going on.  As soon as I aimed it at something outside in average lighting (5pm, sun still out but not super bright) i noticed the fish eye / slight blur effect.  Pointed it at a street sign and the street sign got obviously larger in size and shifted down in position when passing the optic back and forth my past my eyes, as I was looking at the sign through it versus not looking through it.  Same when I aimed it at a treee branch
Link Posted: 3/8/2018 11:59:52 AM EDT
[#37]
Really impressed with the new Advanced Micro

Feels just more robust/rugged

Nice detent/clicks on the rheostat knob, stops at 0

Wind/Elev caps are a huge improvement ... Also nice positive clicks when adjusting

Glass and dot look good
Link Posted: 3/13/2018 7:54:39 PM EDT
[#38]
@PA_Mike

Can I get info on getting my sight returned for the fix?  Mine was an Amazon purchase so I didn't get an email.
Link Posted: 3/14/2018 9:11:46 AM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 3/14/2018 9:54:43 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Shoot us an email at [email protected] with your information, current address etc. and the customer service crew will look you up in our system and get you taken care of. Turnaround time should be quick.
View Quote
I printed the label, taped it to the box, and put it in my mailbox for pickup last Tuesday. It arrived back to me on Monday. I'm only a few hours from Houston, but a six day turn around is outstanding!

I have confirmed the fix is good. Naked eye cannot see the NV settings, but they look good behind a PVS14. No crazy blooming like the first visible setting.
Link Posted: 3/14/2018 9:17:20 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Shoot us an email at [email protected] with your information, current address etc. and the customer service crew will look you up in our system and get you taken care of. Turnaround time should be quick.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
@PA_Mike

Can I get info on getting my sight returned for the fix?  Mine was an Amazon purchase so I didn't get an email.
Awesome, thanks.
Link Posted: 3/24/2018 5:50:00 PM EDT
[#42]
just bought one of the PA micro's and zeroed it in today.  After zeroing it, I a banged it around a couple of times and dropped it on the ground three times and the sight held zero.

When i was zeroing it, the sun was behind the clouds the whole time.  After the sun came out, the sun was high in the sky but behind me and i was seeing three dots.  One was a little bigger than the other two.  I could turn to the right with the sun to my side and there would be only one dote but the top left area of the glass had a red blur to it.  When I got home and looked through the sight in the garage with the sun comming in through the door I saw the red blur in the top left area of the glass.

Is anyone else experiancing this.  I checked my Vortex Spark and it does not do this and neather does my Trijicon MRO.
Page / 7
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top