Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 5/7/2023 11:13:31 PM EDT
Though I've been a member here  for awhile I obviously don't post much.  I do enjoy reading others' threads & posts.

I cleaned / lubed it, zeroed the sights on paper then shot our steel plate off hand sitting. Winchester Lake City 55 gr. FMJ 193, Federal AE Lake City 55 gr. FMJ 193 and brass case Wolf Gold .223 55 gr. FMJ. No malfunctions. I only  used the magazine Del-Ton provided ( had a P mag along too ) which is a C Products aluminum 30 round Duramag and the provided Mako flip up rear. Brass ejected 2:30 - 3:30 & average 7’. Primer dents were centered and well struck. So far so good but time will tell.
Link Posted: 5/8/2023 1:06:14 AM EDT
[#1]

DTI Sport 2

Colt AR6720

The DTI Sport 2s are very underrated guns. They are the closest carbine gas bbl profile to the Colt 6720 (.625",1:7 twist bbl) which are very sought after, but now discontinued.

I had a DTI 1:9 pencil upper many years ago that was extremely accurate with 55 gr BTFMJ. Imho, these are the guns that the S&W M&P Sports should be.

I believe the receiver extension / buffer tubes are commercial spec though. A friend's DTI Sport Mod 1 used one, which he later upgraded to mil-spec.

If you're looking for a good budget optic for your DTI, consider the Sig Romeo 5x - AAA model which comes with 1/3 and absolute co-witness mounts, and is equipped with the shake awake feature.

https://www.opticsplanet.com/sig-sauer-romeo5x-1x20mm-red-dot-sight.html

weighs just 5 ounces
Link Posted: 5/8/2023 4:02:29 PM EDT
[#2]
Del-Ton makes a nice product and deserves more credit than what they get. I have a medium profile barreled Del-Ton, it's an Echo 316M and it has been a great rifle, very reliable and accurate. I keep it lightweight and handy with just iron sights, it does very well at pretty much everything I choose to do with it.
Link Posted: 5/8/2023 4:16:53 PM EDT
[#3]
I have bought quite a lot from Del-Ton for many years.  I've always felt they had quality stuff at a reasonable price.
Link Posted: 5/8/2023 4:25:25 PM EDT
[#4]
Is the barrel chrome lined?
Link Posted: 5/8/2023 4:30:26 PM EDT
[#5]
I love Delton stuff.

They have great A2 uppers at a reasonable price, but have been out for a while.
Also great prices on M4 barrels in 16 and 14.5 inches.
Also out for a long time.
Link Posted: 5/8/2023 5:03:52 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

It's not on this model.
Link Posted: 5/8/2023 5:14:46 PM EDT
[#7]
I agree, DelTon is very under rated.    I've had a half dozen or so of the barrels and a couple of their factory uppers (some chrome lined, some not) over the years (still have a few).  All were good to me, all reasonably gassed, reasonably accurate, etc.  That's more than I can say for a lot of other vendors (that charge more money, I might add).
Link Posted: 5/8/2023 9:00:44 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

It's not on this model.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's not on this model.

Aren't the Mod 2s nitrided?
Link Posted: 5/15/2023 8:22:50 PM EDT
[#9]
Been happy with my 11.5" HBAR A2 so far. Only issues were double feeds with the supplied C Products mag. Bought a few of them and they all had this issue. Trashed em and replaced with Okays. They're working....OK. badump-tsss

Will say I bought a complete upper from them. 16" light barrel A2. The front sight came so canted I couldn't get it zeroed at 50yds even with full windage on the rear. And even if it did, no way in hell was my OCD gonna be cool with having the peep all like that.
Also the barrel nut was gorilla'd on there and I just mangled the teeth on it trying to get it off. With no success. It's still sitting around here. I'll get around to taking the barrel off one of these days and building a 20" A2 out of the upper. Just hoping the receiver threads are OK under there. The combination of canted sight and overtightened barrel nut kinda makes me fear I might find a nasty surprise when I get it off.
Link Posted: 5/15/2023 9:31:23 PM EDT
[#10]
Congratulations on the new rifle. I hope you get a lot of enjoyment from using it!
Link Posted: 5/15/2023 9:38:05 PM EDT
[#11]
Anything with a pencil barrel is a great choice from my view.
Link Posted: 5/27/2023 4:33:26 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Aren't the Mod 2s nitrided?
View Quote

DT says the barrel on this model is melonite which I read for the most part is the same as nitride but I'm far from an authority on this.
Link Posted: 5/28/2023 7:13:23 PM EDT
[#13]
DTI is my go to for miscellaneous parts. They also have free shipping this weekend (over $50). I picked up an upper parts kits and several 20 round mags--C Products Defense--for $11 each.
Link Posted: 5/29/2023 8:33:07 PM EDT
[#14]
Well, I got one today. The receiver extension accepted a mil-spec stock just fine.
Link Posted: 5/30/2023 10:02:11 AM EDT
[#15]
Shooting mine at the range right now. 100% reliable.

Get one.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/31/2023 4:03:52 PM EDT
[#16]
My wife's DTI gun had quite a few rounds through it before we sold it only because the round/recoil was a little too much for her now. I should have kept it.
Link Posted: 5/31/2023 4:18:23 PM EDT
[#17]
DTI makes great basic ARs ...
Link Posted: 5/31/2023 4:23:14 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
My wife's DTI gun had quite a few rounds through it before we sold it only because the round/recoil was a little too much for her now. I should have kept it.
View Quote

H2 buffer+comp
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top