Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 2/14/2021 8:13:15 PM EDT
I'm about to start my first AR9 pistol build. Aero lower, HOPEFULLY a CMMG 5" RDB bolt and barrel, upper TBD. Can anyone recommend a solid LPK with a decent trigger so I don't have to spend $200 on a drop in kit afterwards? And if I can;t get my hands on the RDB kit, what would y'all recommend as a smoother recoiling bolt and buffer system that still maintains last round bolt hold open? Not into short stroking. Thanks.
Link Posted: 2/14/2021 8:20:48 PM EDT
[#1]
If you can't get a CMMG delayed blowback, IMO, it's best to buy a dedicated lower from the same manufacturer as the upper.  I've been through the experimentation and there is a lot of frustration and money to be saved by buying a proven product.

Upside is that I now have a spare premium lower and a good start on an AR22 build.
Link Posted: 2/15/2021 12:28:09 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I'm about to start my first AR9 pistol build. Aero lower, HOPEFULLY a CMMG 5" RDB bolt and barrel, upper TBD. Can anyone recommend a solid LPK with a decent trigger so I don't have to spend $200 on a drop in kit afterwards? And if I can;t get my hands on the RDB kit, what would y'all recommend as a smoother recoiling bolt and buffer system that still maintains last round bolt hold open? Not into short stroking. Thanks.
View Quote

Everybody's idea of decent is different when it comes to triggers.  I bought a PSA MOE+EPT pistol lower build kit mostly because it came with the SBA3 for a buck-fitty.  After I tweaked the hammer spring I can call it decent.  I also went with Endomags, no regrets.  I am running blowback, a 6.5 ounce 9mm buffer with the Faxon 14.9 ounce bolt and I don't find the recoil an issue.  Everybody who shoots it has a smile on their face after.
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top