Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/16/2018 12:13:16 PM EDT
Hello everyone, I know this is most posted topic but please help.  I am building my first ever AR15.  I've put this off for 14+ years so I am willing to spend $$ for a great build.

Purpose of rifle will be Training, SHTF, Home Defense, Bomb-Proof 1st rifle basically.

I have been trying to hold out for the Radian ADAC lower, but their website does not work even when the lowers are up for grabs.  It sounds like guys have been waiting years for these so I am starting to lose interest. I am a left handed shooter for rifle/shotgun, but do not want a lefty lower.  I do however want built in ambi controls if possible.  What are the other top tier true ambi lowers out there that are available?

Build so far
Trigger - Geissele SDC
Hand Guard - Geissele MK13
Charging Handle - Raptor SD
Barrel - Rosco barrel most likely - 16" 1:7
Surefire Warcomp
Upper - depends on lower, will probably match not not necessary
Link Posted: 9/16/2018 12:16:41 PM EDT
[#1]
American defense makes a quality one

look at the lmt mars ambi lower too
Link Posted: 9/16/2018 12:22:41 PM EDT
[#2]
If you have a Dremel, you can make any lower ambi.
Link Posted: 9/16/2018 12:54:17 PM EDT
[#3]
I just got a PWS MK1 Mod 2, but was also looking at the LMT Mar Stripped Lower from Tombstone Tactical for a .300 BLK build I'm doing and ended up going with the PWS MK1 Mod 2 and I love it, Forged Mil Spec Lower, going to finish it here in the next hour or two while this hurricane starts making landfall, I got it because it was a much cheaper but almost identically similar to the the ambidextrous controls on the KAC SR-15 Complete lower, just a stripped lower for much cheaper and not 859 dollars, I had extra parts lying a round to finish it similar to that, that comes on the SR-15, if it helps any. The PWS Mk1 Mod2 stripped lower on tombstone tactical is about $25-30 cheaper than the LMT MARS Stripped lower on tombstone tactical which is $229.98 I think, and will probably end up getting one of those Stripped MARS lower here for another build while it is relatively somewhat cheap!
Link Posted: 9/16/2018 1:29:06 PM EDT
[#4]
Cross Machine and Tool (CMT) makes a billet ambi lower. They also manufacture upper receivers in various configurations although I don't know if the Geiselle handguard you have will work.
Link Posted: 9/19/2018 5:34:31 AM EDT
[#5]
American Defense manufacturing  has 1st gen blems for $160

SanTan Tactical, KAC, CMT, Ascend Armory. Falkor defense use to sell their powers separately I'm not sure if they do anymore.
Link Posted: 9/19/2018 6:32:39 AM EDT
[#6]
If your definition of ambi includes right side bolt catch engagement, then a lot of the "ambi" lowers out there aren't actually ambi since they only allow bolt release from the right side.  LMT Mars and LWRC are two that do allow the bolt catch to be engaged from the right side.  Radian and ADM are another two that have different approaches to doing this.

ETA:  If the Radian lowers aren't readily available, that's a shame because I really like their ADAC mechanism...I wish that was a feature on all lowers.
Link Posted: 9/19/2018 8:25:34 AM EDT
[#7]
An ambi mag release and an ambi selector can be added to any lower. The only part that needs a specialty lower to be ambi would be the bolt release.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top