Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/15/2019 10:25:47 PM EDT
Hey everyone

I’m looking for the perfect lower receiver  or set for my sbr build. I have two aero lowers but since I’ll be making this one an sbr I want it to be special. I really like the V Seven set but not sure I want to spend quite that much money that could go to other parts but who knows if I can’t find anything I like more for a bit less. Billet or forged it really doesn’t matter but it has to have an integrated trigger guard and a good looking roll mark. Any help is appreciated.
Link Posted: 1/15/2019 10:36:05 PM EDT
[#1]
I've never heard of V Seven but it looks like they have some sexy lowers. I personally like to keep it simple with the upper and lower. PSA, Anderson, and Aero fits the bill for me. I'll normally splurge for the BCG and barrel. That being said I stumbled across an upper and lower that is NiB coated from WMD, putting it on the future buy list.

"LOWER RECEIVER: Billet 7075-T6 Aluminum Machined To Mil Spec Dimensions, Front Magazine Well Finger Grips, Nib-X Nickel Boron Coated For Durability UPPER RECEIVER: Billet 7075-T6 Aluminum Forging with M4 Feed Ramps. Nib-X Coated For Lubricity And Durability Made in USA!"

Can be found here
Link Posted: 1/15/2019 11:02:34 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 1/15/2019 11:03:30 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I've never heard of V Seven but it looks like they have some sexy lowers. I personally like to keep it simple with the upper and lower. PSA, Anderson, and Aero fits the bill for me. I'll normally splurge for the BCG and barrel. That being said I stumbled across an upper and lower that is NiB coated from WMD, putting it on the future buy list.

"LOWER RECEIVER: Billet 7075-T6 Aluminum Machined To Mil Spec Dimensions, Front Magazine Well Finger Grips, Nib-X Nickel Boron Coated For Durability UPPER RECEIVER: Billet 7075-T6 Aluminum Forging with M4 Feed Ramps. Nib-X Coated For Lubricity And Durability Made in USA!"

Can be found here
View Quote
Wow that looks really cool and something to add to the list but I think that is more for a show off gun and have everything possible nib coated.
Link Posted: 1/15/2019 11:28:09 PM EDT
[#4]
Magpul china doll! Sure wouldn’t see many others showing up with same lower
Link Posted: 1/15/2019 11:34:10 PM EDT
[#5]
LMT MARS
Link Posted: 1/16/2019 12:29:17 AM EDT
[#6]
VSeven stuff is great IMO.  They’ve got mild to wild...  The Radian lower noted above looks awesome too.  For std. forged lowers, Colt or Brownells (some neat options with the latter).
Link Posted: 1/16/2019 12:29:55 AM EDT
[#7]
Personally I'm partial to Radian and ADM lowers
Link Posted: 1/16/2019 1:25:44 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
LMT MARS
View Quote
This
Link Posted: 1/16/2019 8:21:35 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Personally I'm partial to Radian and ADM lowers
View Quote
That ADM looks pretty good, add it to my maybe list.
Link Posted: 1/16/2019 8:35:25 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote
If you do, sign up for notifications on the Gen 1.
Link Posted: 1/16/2019 8:42:07 AM EDT
[#11]
Some fancy lowers might look with a standard upper. If I was going to stamp a lower I would want it to match up with any standard upper looks wise that I wanted to put on it. I might would pick a favorite logo/roll mark. I would also build it up as a standard gun first to check fit and function.
Link Posted: 1/16/2019 9:29:36 AM EDT
[#12]
Mega (if you can find them)
Link Posted: 1/16/2019 9:44:00 AM EDT
[#13]
Since I'm a Colt nut, find a M4A1 lower. Be prepared to spend some $$$.
Link Posted: 1/16/2019 9:47:29 AM EDT
[#14]
Raidian,KAC,Larue,BCM,V, Noveske are all good to go.
Link Posted: 1/16/2019 10:03:35 AM EDT
[#15]
Aero M4E1 receiver sets. Spend the saved cash on trigger, BCG, and barrel... and your stamp.
Link Posted: 1/16/2019 10:21:38 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
LMT MARS
View Quote
This, and or the PWS MK1 Mod 2, probably the best if not most reasonable priced lower, I would get both stripped as they come with the proper Ambidextrous Controls, and would go from there build it from the ground up with my personal selection of parts.
Link Posted: 1/16/2019 11:22:38 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 1/16/2019 11:24:19 AM EDT
[#18]
I'd definitely go with an ambi option. Lots of good ones mentioned already: ADM, LMT, Radian, KAC etc. I really like ones with an ambi bolt catch (not just release) where you can lock the bolt back without removing your firing grip.
Link Posted: 1/16/2019 12:21:55 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Magpul china doll! Sure wouldn’t see many others showing up with same lower
View Quote
You can always go with the Arfcom billet lower if you want the look without the exclusivity.

Lower Receiver, Billet
Link Posted: 1/16/2019 1:05:29 PM EDT
[#20]
I picked up an adm lower during their holiday sales, it is a work of art in my opinion.
Link Posted: 1/16/2019 1:28:08 PM EDT
[#21]
As much as I love ambi lowers, a good old forged lower will work just as great (I'm saying that as a southpaw myself).

LMT Defender, SOLGW, Centurion, Mega/ZEV, all good to go. You can't really go wrong with a lower unless it is stamped PSA, New Frontier, or Anderson.
Link Posted: 1/16/2019 1:33:46 PM EDT
[#22]
Be a man among men, OP.  Go with steel.  

https://www.theflatspot.net/ar-lower-flat.html
Link Posted: 1/16/2019 6:37:22 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Be a man among men, OP.  Go with steel.  

https://www.theflatspot.net/ar-lower-flat.html
View Quote
Wow.... wow smh I’ll pass on that.
Link Posted: 1/16/2019 11:11:42 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
LMT MARS
View Quote
Not sure if you can buy better than this....you will not go wrong with this lower.

Link Posted: 1/16/2019 11:12:28 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View Quote
To semi contradict my post above, this is an excellent choice also.

Link Posted: 1/16/2019 11:30:14 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Some fancy lowers might look with a standard upper. If I was going to stamp a lower I would want it to match up with any standard upper looks wise that I wanted to put on it. I might would pick a favorite logo/roll mark. I would also build it up as a standard gun first to check fit and function.
View Quote
You make a really good point on matching uppers if I chose to have a couple for the lower it would look really bad having a bad to the bone lower with a milspec upper. I’ve been looking at all the ones mentioned and a couple caught my eye but I kept going back to that VSeven 7075 set but then noticed it didn’t have a forward assist so not I’m not so sure on it. That ar15.com lower is a good possibility at the moment, won’t break the bank but I also keep going back to a CMT set. I know I’m being kind of picky but you only pop your SBR cherry once and I want to break away from my M4&M5 aero lowers tho they are great. Just wanting a little more then just great for this one.

EDIT: Just went back to look at that CMT set one last time and as soon as I saw it I made my mind up. Good price from a good company and a good look, plus I can have them engrave it there for $30. Now time to check and double check what I need to engrave on there. Thanks for all the help y’all throwing out all those options really forced me to do some critical thinking on things I wanted and things I could live without. The more I looked through yalls suggestions the more refined my wants and don’t wants became.
Link Posted: 1/16/2019 11:43:01 PM EDT
[#27]
Radian ADAC is a work of art. The LMT MARS is functionally flawless. Have both, and can tell you you wouldn’t be disappointed with either.
Link Posted: 1/17/2019 12:06:22 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

You make a really good point on matching uppers if I chose to have a couple for the lower it would look really bad having a bad to the bone lower with a milspec upper. I’ve been looking at all the ones mentioned and a couple caught my eye but I kept going back to that VSeven 7075 set but then noticed it didn’t have a forward assist so not I’m not so sure on it. That ar15.com lower is a good possibility at the moment, won’t break the bank but I also keep going back to a CMT set. I know I’m being kind of picky but you only pop your SBR cherry once and I want to break away from my M4&M5 aero lowers tho they are great. Just wanting a little more then just great for this one.

EDIT: Just went back to look at that CMT set one last time and as soon as I saw it I made my mind up. Good price from a good company and a good look, plus I can have them engrave it there for $30. Now time to check and double check what I need to engrave on there. Thanks for all the help y’all throwing out all those options really forced me to do some critical thinking on things I wanted and things I could live without. The more I looked through yalls suggestions the more refined my wants and don’t wants became.
View Quote
The CMT sets are very nice. You’ll love it. Post pictures as you build!
Link Posted: 1/17/2019 12:15:16 AM EDT
[#29]
For No-Logo: ADM and CMT SSA

Logo'd:  LMT Mars, KAC ambi or non ambi, Seekins SBA15, CMT Ambi
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top