Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 5/18/2022 3:01:44 PM EDT
Hey guys, got a quick question.  I have a 10.5" KS-47 that I have SBR'd and use with a Sig 762qd suppressor.  I absolutely love this little thing.  Runs like a sewing machine with supers, and, if I switch the buffer for a regular carbine buffer and spring, it runs just as well with subs and suppressed.  

I tried running supers with the carbine buffer and spring, but it was way too much.  Destroyed the buffer in a hurry.  So, my thought is to leave the carbine buffer and spring in full time, but install an adjustable gas block to tame down supers.  Is this even possible?  Basically, I want to use the AGB with two settings to change from supers to full power with the twist of an allen key.
Link Posted: 5/18/2022 3:06:23 PM EDT
[#1]
I had that issue with 300blk shooting subs and supers. You can either dial it in perfect for one or the other. Otherwise you'll have to compromise and try and find something in between that runs ok for both. That or you just have to keep messing with it all the time, which is a pain in the butt to me.
Link Posted: 5/18/2022 3:12:16 PM EDT
[#2]
That is entirely possible and plausible.
I have a micro MOA gas block that I use for doing that.
If you can find one, I highly recommend it.
Otherwise Noveske has a switch block.
Or a company called riflespeed that has some easy options.
Otherwise you can just use a regular one and remember your settings.
Link Posted: 5/18/2022 3:32:33 PM EDT
[#3]
How much adjustment are you guys having to dial in between subs and supers?  If it's as simple as going from 3 o'clock to 9 o"clock I'll be fine.  If it looks more like a middle school master lock, 3 to the left 4 to the right back around to 11, I may be pipe dreaming.
Link Posted: 5/18/2022 3:59:27 PM EDT
[#4]
Some options for quick gas adjustments:
Strike Industries CAGB collar
Seekins lever
Riflespeed
Noveske switchblock

Some ABGs with single adjustment screws - front access:
Superlative Arms
JP Enterprises
SLR
Aero

You can also do it at the carrier, like a Bootleg.

Edit: Added
Link Posted: 5/18/2022 4:07:51 PM EDT
[#5]
Riflespeed is an option. Not a true 2 setting, but once you figure out which setting to run each load on, you just twist it and go. No tools.

Search the forum for them, a few have done write ups on these including myself
Link Posted: 5/18/2022 9:26:40 PM EDT
[#6]
The riflespeed looks like the trick.  Need to do some reading.  Thanks for the help!!
Link Posted: 5/19/2022 10:19:47 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 5/20/2022 5:44:40 PM EDT
[#8]
My 10.5” 300blk with Sig SRD762-qd has a Bootleg adjustable carrier. Allows me to adjust it quickly when switching from subs to supers or from suppressed to unsuppressed, or any combination thereof. The adjustment is accessible through the ejection port. One thing to keep in mind, the Bootleg carrier vents the excess gas out of the ejection port and subsequently raises at-ear db levels. But it does what it’s designed to do which is improve function.
Link Posted: 5/22/2022 5:49:54 PM EDT
[#9]
if you want quality get a superlative
Link Posted: 5/28/2022 11:29:51 AM EDT
[#10]
My experience with the tuning rabbit hole is this: Prepare to also change Springs and Buffer Weight, at least if going with a Can. If not, you may be good with just the Block - but my 'not that restrictive' Rugged Razor requires:

.300BLK:      Sprinco 'Orange' Spring, Carbine Buffer, SA Gas Block at 25 'Clicks' out for Subs (all I shoot).
5.56:           Sprinco 'Orange' Spring, OdinWorks 'Heavy' Buffer w/3 Tungsten, SA Gas Block at anywhere from 30-45 'Clicks' out, depending on load.
6mm ARC:   Same as 5.56 with SA Gas Block at 38 'Clicks' out w/ 108gr ELD-M.

This is for "perfect" ejection - almost anything "works", you'll just have more gas than needed. Tuning is fun and satisfying, but it costs money, and (at least with a Can) usually requires more than just an Adj Block or Carrier. YMMV.
Link Posted: 6/8/2022 11:51:20 PM EDT
[#11]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
if you want quality get a superlative
View Quote

I have a serious hard on for SA AGB these days.

Cheapest I've got a set screw .750 was $70ish tho.
I have seen some clamp on style for slightly less, but I'm not a fan.
Link Posted: 6/9/2022 2:11:05 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

I have a serious hard on for SA AGB these days.

Cheapest I've got a set screw .750 was $70ish tho.
I have seen some clamp on style for slightly less, but I'm not a fan.
View Quote

What makes you dislike the clamp-on?
Mine has been just fine for a bit over 1k rounds.
Link Posted: 6/9/2022 10:51:46 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

What makes you dislike the clamp-on?
Mine has been just fine for a bit over 1k rounds.
View Quote

I just have more faith in set screws in dimples. Seems like a happy medium between clamp on and pinning.

Not saying they don't work, just not my preference.
Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top