Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 5/17/2020 6:16:39 PM EDT
Hi guys , I need a no BS upper with a fixed front sight pinned. Going to use it with a detach.  carry handle.  It’s going on a lower with a pistol brace.  It can be 12.5 to 16 inch barrel.  What’s my best $ and quality option.  I was thinking BCM but haven’t pulled the trigger yet.
Link Posted: 5/17/2020 6:18:03 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Hi guys , I need a no BS upper with a fixed front sight pinned. Going to use it with a detach.  carry handle.  It’s going on a lower with a pistol brace.  It can be 12.5 to 16 inch barrel.  What’s my best $ and quality option.  I was thinking BCM but haven’t pulled the trigger yet.
View Quote

What is your budget and intended use? First thing that comes to my mind would be a Colt OEM upper
Link Posted: 5/17/2020 6:23:12 PM EDT
[#2]
I just want one quality upper I could use for range, defense.  Need a company with good QC in case I have trouble.  Isn’t colt not doing civilian sales anymore.... I got about 7-800 to get it done including everything but rear sight.
Link Posted: 5/17/2020 7:15:07 PM EDT
[#3]
https://bravocompanyusa.com/bcm-bfh-14-5-mid-length-light-weight-upper-receiver-group/

Or one of the versions of that with a rail already on it?
Link Posted: 5/17/2020 7:17:34 PM EDT
[#4]
Daniel Defense M4A1 14.5 upper. Of course, they dont cost MSRP, but it should fit the bill.

https://danieldefense.com/m4a1-fsp-upper-receiver-group.html
Link Posted: 5/17/2020 7:40:00 PM EDT
[#5]
I would go 14.5” BCM.
Link Posted: 5/17/2020 8:20:47 PM EDT
[#6]
If budget allows a colt OEM upper in 14.5 or 16 but BCM would work fine.
Link Posted: 5/17/2020 8:48:10 PM EDT
[#7]
What about spikes?
Link Posted: 5/17/2020 9:15:03 PM EDT
[#8]
I have four of these Spikes 16" Enhanced CHF Midlength uppers. They run great, and are an excellent no-nonsense upper in my opinion. Most places that carry them are at $612, but if you dig a bit you can find them cheaper. I picked up my last one in the fall for something like $530 at Optics Planet of all places.

Spikes 16" CHF upper
Link Posted: 5/17/2020 11:15:44 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Rubles:
I have four of these Spikes 16" Enhanced CHF Midlength uppers. They run great, and are an excellent no-nonsense upper in my opinion. Most places that carry them are at $612, but if you dig a bit you can find them cheaper. I picked up my last one in the fall for something like $530 at Optics Planet of all places. 

Spikes 16" CHF upper
View Quote

Nice, those are a great deal
Link Posted: 5/18/2020 1:00:34 PM EDT
[#10]
I’m on the fence on this one. Between spikes BCM and Aero.  I’d go BCM but keep hearing about barrels not that accurate.  Maybe that’s BS.
Link Posted: 5/18/2020 1:16:52 PM EDT
[#11]
^^ it is bs based on my experience. Some have had different experiences, but some have also had different experiences with barrels that are praised here. A lot of people quote Molon’s results when comparing the accuracy of the BCM 14.5 Socom and Colt Socom, completely disregarding the fact that he wasn’t shooting a 14.5” BCM “Socom” barrel when testing.

Get the BCM 14.5” Socom. Mine out shoots my Colt 14.5” Socom. I have no reason to be bias either way. I like them both. No BS = heavy barrel
Link Posted: 5/18/2020 1:54:38 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By tommyt:
I’m on the fence on this one. Between spikes BCM and Aero.  I’d go BCM but keep hearing about barrels not that accurate.  Maybe that’s BS.
View Quote

It's not the 90s anymore. Plan to have an optic and a forward-place to put a white light. A FSP rifle with carry handle sight is a terrible idea for serious use in 2020.
Link Posted: 5/18/2020 2:36:26 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By cheekibreeki:

It's not the 90s anymore. Plan to have an optic and a forward-place to put a white light. A FSP rifle with carry handle sight is a terrible idea for serious use in 2020.
View Quote

That is a good point...if I go with a rail instead and no FSB I’m still I’m the same place with respect to what to buy; 12.5, 14.5 inch upper with mlok rail.  I think BCM has one now.  Other guys are out of stock.

I did like the idea of the simplicity and durability of a Pinned front sight.
Link Posted: 5/18/2020 2:58:20 PM EDT
[#14]

I did like the idea of the simplicity and durability of a Pinned front sight.
View Quote

Same here. All of my AR’s have FSP’s other than my AR10. They’re all Socom profile too other than one of my pistols and the AR10. Even my MK18 inspired build is a cut down Socom barrel. Just a better profile, unless you’re looking for a super light weight rifle/pistol. The small amount of extra weight is well worth it.
Link Posted: 5/18/2020 2:58:52 PM EDT
[#15]
I like Centurion. They have fantastic barrels, rails and will configure them to your needs. You can get pinned low pro gas block or FSP

The heart of any rifle is the barrel and BCG. Can’t go wrong with BCM, Daniel Defense, Centurion, Colt, FN, Spikes CHF.

I was shooting a BCM Saturday and it was plenty accurate

Attachment Attached File

I too like a FSP

Another option is Andro Corp
Link Posted: 5/18/2020 3:28:00 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By DoctorLove:
I like Centurion. They have fantastic barrels, rails and will configure them to your needs. You can get pinned low pro gas block or FSP 

The heart of any rifle is the barrel and BCG. Can’t go wrong with BCM, Daniel Defense, Centurion, Colt, FN, Spikes CHF. 

I was shooting a BCM Saturday and it was plenty accurate

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/324355/780EE617-9CAE-46D0-BE08-C8DDFE8DB3D3_jpe-1421943.JPG

I too like a FSP

Another option is Andro Corp
View Quote

Thanks for the centurion idea.  Their web site looks good, not cheap though. Do they have good customer service?
Link Posted: 5/18/2020 4:05:59 PM EDT
[#17]

Thanks for the centurion idea.  Their web site looks good, not cheap though. Do they have good customer service?
View Quote

Some of the best customer service in the industry. They are pricey, there is no denying that, but worth the price if you can afford it. There are cheaper options though.
Link Posted: 5/18/2020 8:22:21 PM EDT
[#18]
BCM barrels aren't the most accurate but plenty accurate enough for any real world use imo. Maybe better options for a scoped bench gun but for irons or a 2moa dot they have been fine from my experience.
Link Posted: 5/18/2020 9:25:30 PM EDT
[#19]
First choice.... Centurion Arms

Second choice...... BCM
Link Posted: 5/18/2020 9:47:22 PM EDT
[#20]
FSP gun is my go to. Actually every gun wears one except one.

Personally I'd build with quality components and forget the factory assembly. My guns are "no BS" and 100% solid.

To each their own though.
Link Posted: 5/18/2020 9:55:58 PM EDT
[#21]
Andro Corp, the hidden gems in the AR world.  I've done a few full auto shoots with them and have seen 18,000 to 22,000 rounds shot with no equipment failures.
Link Posted: 5/18/2020 10:12:15 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By HotHolster:
Andro Corp, the hidden gems in the AR world.  I've done a few full auto shoots with them and have seen 18,000 to 22,000 rounds shot with no equipment failures.
View Quote

No kidding, they have a carbine upper 16 inch right now, complete for 400$.  Looks like it’s aero or ballistic advantage parts.
Link Posted: 5/18/2020 10:16:57 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By Rubles:
I have four of these Spikes 16" Enhanced CHF Midlength uppers. They run great, and are an excellent no-nonsense upper in my opinion. Most places that carry them are at $612, but if you dig a bit you can find them cheaper. I picked up my last one in the fall for something like $530 at Optics Planet of all places. 

Spikes 16" CHF upper
View Quote

This!!! Those uppers are beast! I’ve run a few of them and they have been a go-to in the past, never had an issue.

These are also the uppers the YouTuber Vuurwapen ran it so hard in semi-auto that he lit the Magpul handguards on fire testing it with Tula and it still ran just fine afterwards. I think he tested it and it would to 2MOA or so after. I don’t know if that bid is still up but I’ll try to find it.

Link Posted: 5/18/2020 10:38:30 PM EDT
[#24]
+1 for BCM, best quality for the money imo
Link Posted: 5/18/2020 10:45:30 PM EDT
[#25]
Rosco
Link Posted: 5/18/2020 11:52:21 PM EDT
[#26]
Centurion Arms have a 14.5 an love it.
Link Posted: 5/19/2020 7:52:10 AM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By KnightWhoSaysNi:

This!!! Those uppers are beast! I’ve run a few of them and they have been a go-to in the past, never had an issue.

These are also the uppers the YouTuber Vuurwapen ran it so hard in semi-auto that he lit the Magpul handguards on fire testing it with Tula and it still ran just fine afterwards. I think he tested it and it would to 2MOA or so after. I don’t know if that bid is still up but I’ll try to find it.

View Quote

I'd love to see that if you happen to find it. It'd give even more peace of mind in my decision I made to make these uppers my go to's.
Link Posted: 5/19/2020 2:55:07 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By HotHolster:
Andro Corp, the hidden gems in the AR world.  I've done a few full auto shoots with them and have seen 18,000 to 22,000 rounds shot with no equipment failures.
View Quote

You are serious right?  These guys do look good.
Link Posted: 5/19/2020 3:00:16 PM EDT
[#29]

You are serious right?  These guys do look good.
View Quote

Andro Corp is good to go. Dry filmed upper with T Marks and M4 marked, BA barrels, AO Precision BCG. Jason is a good guy
Link Posted: 5/28/2020 3:37:42 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Andro Corp is good to go. Dry filmed upper with T Marks and M4 marked, BA barrels, AO Precision BCG. Jason is a good guy
View Quote

I went with them.  They are nice guys.
Link Posted: 5/28/2020 3:41:36 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

You are serious right?  These guys do look good.

Good people.

If you can find them on sale, Aero Uppers arent bad either, but they dont come with a BCG
Link Posted: 6/4/2020 10:29:03 PM EDT
[#32]
I got the Andro unit today.
It looks very nice and the fit and finish seems very good.  The buis bore sighted perfectly as well.
Have not used it yet but based on my interaction would buy again from them.

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top