Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 5/12/2020 5:02:48 PM EDT
I need an M-Loc detachable sling swivel mount that allows the sling swivel to rotate freely with no locks in position.

Anything available?

Link Posted: 5/12/2020 5:10:44 PM EDT
[#1]
Rotation limited tends to be more common these days. Out of curiosity, any particular reason or application for a free spinning one?
Link Posted: 5/12/2020 5:17:25 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 5/12/2020 6:55:12 PM EDT
[#3]
I'd like to carry the carbine slung around my neck but free to rotate to the rear-downward when shouldering it.
I just think a free rotating swivel will work better for me.

Dodge223 Thanks for the link, I'll look into that one.
Link Posted: 5/13/2020 3:43:24 PM EDT
[#4]
After looking at the above link and places like Brownell's and Optics Planet, I went to Amazon and found exactly what I needed..........

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0813K6MD4/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

A lot of M-Lok mounts say they allow 360 degree rotation, but they mean that if you press the unlocking button on the swivel you can rotate it to another position, where it re-locks in that position.

I wanted free rotating M-Lok swivels.
Link Posted: 5/13/2020 5:17:45 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By dfariswheel:
After looking at the above link and places like Brownell's and Optics Planet, I went to Amazon and found exactly what I needed..........

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0813K6MD4/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

A lot of M-Lok mounts say they allow 360 degree rotation, but they mean that if you press the unlocking button on the swivel you can rotate it to another position, where it re-locks in that position.

I wanted free rotating M-Lok swivels.
View Quote

I hope it works out for you.

I usually hate them because they tend to let the sling get all twisted up on my vickers 2 point
Link Posted: 5/13/2020 6:12:14 PM EDT
[#6]
After looking at the above link and places like Brownell's and Optics Planet, I went to Amazon and found exactly what I needed..........

A lot of M-Lok mounts say they allow 360 degree rotation, but they mean that if you press the unlocking button on the swivel you can rotate it to another position, where it re-locks in that position.

I wanted free rotating M-Lok swivels.
View Quote

Good luck with firearms accessories from amazon. I wouldn’t be the least bit surprised if the one they send you is rotation limited and they didn’t update the description. I had to call them 4 separate times to explain they had the wrong parts in the bin they pull from. They had to contact the manufacturer to get updated information. It was a month long 4 shipment and return process.
Link Posted: 5/13/2020 7:15:55 PM EDT
[#7]
I'm well aware of the risks in buying gun items from Amazon.

In this case that's the only free rotating M-Lok swivel I could find, and I figure it's no great loss if it doesn't work out.
Link Posted: 5/13/2020 8:53:10 PM EDT
[#8]
I'm well aware of the risks in buying gun items from Amazon.

In this case that's the only free rotating M-Lok swivel I could find, and I figure it's no great loss if it doesn't work out.
View Quote

The one I sent you was in stock?
Link Posted: 5/16/2020 10:33:07 AM EDT
[#9]
That one on Amazon looks like garbage.
Link Posted: 5/17/2020 2:26:12 PM EDT
[#10]
I have a UTG pro QD socket that doesn’t have anti rotation.  It’s yours for the price Of shipping if you want it.
Link Posted: 5/20/2020 8:38:47 PM EDT
[#11]
OP, I initially got free-rotating, then tried limited. Not looking back.

I throw my rifle over the strong shoulder so it's muzzle up on my back no problem.

Why are you trying to carry it just around your neck?
Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top