Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/27/2021 11:52:12 PM EDT
So I recently bought an upper and when I took it apart the BCG was unmarked, abnormal staking as well. The upper didn't have any marks that I saw either and the barrel only had caliber and twist printed on it I think.
The seller said it was a colt upper receiver, but I'm not sure at this point. I'm also a bit new to this so any information would greatly help, thanks.
Link Posted: 2/28/2021 12:18:56 AM EDT
[#1]
Welcome to the forums.

Unfortunately, that is not a Colt receiver. Colt receivers are marked either with a "C" or their cage code "13629" depending on when it was manufactured. They will also always have a forge mark on them.

If I remember correctly, "D" marked bolts were DPMS. It looks like someone re-staked the gas key afterwards.

Also, when linking pictures, you have to link each individual picture to the thread one at a time. You can't link an Imgur album and have the pictures appear.
Link Posted: 2/28/2021 12:28:20 AM EDT
[#2]
Oh ok got it, thanks. Didn't know I had to post separate links
Link Posted: 2/28/2021 8:15:15 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 2/28/2021 7:40:27 PM EDT
[#4]
Sorry, didn't know I needed approval to post pics, how should I go about doing that?
and I guess buyers inexperience since it's my first time buying AR parts and also my first AR, also I bought it from a local gun store so I thought they would be pretty credible.
Live and learn I guess, I'll see if I can somehow get that sorted out with the store, any tips that might help me with that?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top