Site Notices
Page / 123
Link Posted: 1/10/2019 9:17:36 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Infidel4life11] [#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Dobs013:

Dick! I'll have yo sell it to you if I do and just get another mre hahaha
View Quote
There are several on the EE right now! @Dobs013 just saying!

ETA: required pic for page ownage.
Link Posted: 1/11/2019 6:24:32 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 1/11/2019 6:41:09 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By Infidel4life11:

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/325471/2018-04-19_10_08_24-519629.jpg
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Dick! I'll have yo sell it to you if I do and just get another mre hahaha

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/325471/2018-04-19_10_08_24-519629.jpg
I TOTALLY dig this rig here, Awesome job
Link Posted: 1/11/2019 7:30:49 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By SSOUNN:

I TOTALLY dig this rig here, Awesome job
View Quote
Thank you good Sir!
Link Posted: 1/12/2019 2:31:53 PM EDT
[Last Edit: JJREA] [#5]
I agree.  It seems like it's kind of a Navy MOD H......    Love the A1 grip and the scope.

However, when I think of a recce, I think more of the one posted after yours..... Armed Ferrets,  Straight tube....  It's hard for me to not think a recce has a scope like that.  To me that is the quintessential Recce.....   Although the mount it too modern.   ehehehhehee
Link Posted: 1/12/2019 4:47:52 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By JJREA:
I agree.  It seems like it's kind of a Navy MOD H......    Love the A1 grip and the scope.

However, when I think of a recce, I think more of the one posted after yours..... Armed Ferrets,  Straight tube....  It's hard for me to not think a recce has a scope like that.  To me that is the quintessential Recce.....   Although the mount it too modern.   ehehehhehee
View Quote
50 bucks beats 200+....more to spend on ammo.  
Link Posted: 1/12/2019 4:51:35 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By ArmedFerret:

View Quote
All true
Link Posted: 1/12/2019 4:52:19 PM EDT
[#8]
Sticks out like a sore thumb, but I dig it.

Link Posted: 1/13/2019 12:33:19 AM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By cmb5286:

https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4857/31774036247_1f774356d9_k.jpg
View Quote
Kinda like that Black stock and NF!

Break out the rustoleum!!!!!
Link Posted: 1/13/2019 10:15:27 AM EDT
[#10]

https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4857/31774036247_1f774356d9_k.jpg
View Quote
Beautiful.

On another note do any of you part's hoarders have an extra set of NF Ultralite 1.375" lying around you want to sell? I bought some on EE and they turned out to be 1" so I need to get another pair for the x24 coming in.
Link Posted: 1/13/2019 5:14:48 PM EDT
[Last Edit: JJREA] [#11]

View Quote
Geeez that's it?  Is that a vortex mount?   That's cheap.  It looks light too.  Oh duh, I see the A on the other one.  Anderson?  Not clone worthy though.  So you lose points.  But you gain it back plus for being frugal.  I figure that's worth it's weight in gold.  I like cheap stuff that works.  Of course I have no clue how durable they are.  But dang.  50 bucks is seriously decent for a solid mount.
Link Posted: 1/13/2019 5:24:46 PM EDT
[#12]
Geeez that's it?  Is that a vortex mount?   That's cheap.  It looks light too.  Oh duh, I see the A on the other one.  Anderson?  Not clone worthy though.  So you lose points.  But you gain it back plus for being frugal.  I figure that's worth it's weight in gold.  I like cheap stuff that works.  Of course I have no clue how durable they are.  But dang.  50 bucks is seriously decent for a solid mount.
View All Quotes

Aero
Link Posted: 1/13/2019 6:45:00 PM EDT
[#13]

View Quote
Squirrel got it, it's Aero.  I have 4 of them on various rifles, and plan to get more.  It's not a QD, but I intend to eventually have an optic on every rifle (which becomes more and more difficult the more rifles I build instead of buying optics ) so I'm not wholly concerned about QD ability.....with the sole exception of the SS10X I use for load dev on various rifles, but normally gets swapped between my 17hmr and 22lr savage bolt rigs.  
Link Posted: 1/13/2019 8:42:07 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By Eyekahn:

Kinda like that Black stock and NF!

Break out the rustoleum!!!!!
View Quote
I've been thinking about it. Hmmmm....
Link Posted: 1/13/2019 8:56:47 PM EDT
[#15]

I've been thinking about it. Hmmmm....
View Quote
Do it! I went nuts with the cans today. Sprayed my GAP and JM Pro.
Link Posted: 1/14/2019 6:35:24 PM EDT
[#16]

Squirrel got it, it's Aero.  I have 4 of them on various rifles, and plan to get more.  It's not a QD, but I intend to eventually have an optic on every rifle (which becomes more and more difficult the more rifles I build instead of buying optics ) so I'm not wholly concerned about QD ability.....with the sole exception of the SS10X I use for load dev on various rifles, but normally gets swapped between my 17hmr and 22lr savage bolt rigs.  
View Quote
Yeah, the QD is only important on some rifles.....  Or if you have one scope that goes on more than one rifle.  The only reason I used my QD much is cuz I like to put my guns in different configurations and see what I like best.  Since AR's are like legos.....   The fact is a recce could use a set and forget scope.  No reason to mess with it.   I  might have to check out their mounts.  Do they have a Extra High one?  I'll have to look them up.
Link Posted: 1/14/2019 6:55:35 PM EDT
[#17]

Yeah, the QD is only important on some rifles.....  Or if you have one scope that goes on more than one rifle.  The only reason I used my QD much is cuz I like to put my guns in different configurations and see what I like best.  Since AR's are like legos.....   The fact is a recce could use a set and forget scope.  No reason to mess with it.   I  might have to check out their mounts.  Do they have a Extra High one?  I'll have to look them up.
View Quote
Just the one height I think.  But they're very light, very strong, and very solid.  The one thing to note is that your scope *could* become slightly rotated when torquing the ring screws; my Viper PST did but the 6-24 on my varmint rig didn't.  I negated it by tweaking it JUUUUUST a cunthair counterclockwise before tightening and it was perfect when i was done.
Link Posted: 1/14/2019 7:20:09 PM EDT
[Last Edit: eMc9001] [#18]
Does anyone know where I could get some screws for a Docter red dot going into a Wilcox mount and or the size?
Link Posted: 1/14/2019 7:22:53 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By eMc9001:
Does anyone know where I could get some screws for a Docter red dot going into a Wilcox mount and or the size?
View Quote
You finally find a wilcox mount?
Link Posted: 1/14/2019 7:26:31 PM EDT
[#20]

You finally find a wilcox mount?
View Quote
Link Posted: 1/14/2019 7:49:33 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Dobs013] [#21]

View Quote
Nice!!!! I'm happy for ya man! That was a long hunt....

ETA - I'm gonna be in the market for a short dot soon

Link Posted: 1/14/2019 7:54:53 PM EDT
[#22]

Nice!!!! I'm happy for ya man! That was a long hunt....
View Quote
Just a waiting game for it to finally arrive at this point.
Link Posted: 1/14/2019 8:13:40 PM EDT
[#23]
View All Quotes
According to the manual, the screws are:

...countersunk screws M3x8 with hexagon socket head
for installing the sight on the mounting plate

Source (see p. 10).
Link Posted: 1/14/2019 8:15:35 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By cmcflex:

According to the manual, the screws are:
View Quote
Awesome thanks, my googlefu wasn't pulling anything up.
Link Posted: 1/15/2019 11:12:57 AM EDT
[#25]

View Quote
You lucky bastard! Congrats!
Link Posted: 1/15/2019 11:39:01 AM EDT
[#26]

You lucky bastard! Congrats!
View Quote
aw shucks.

Had to sell my -14 so it's just collecting dust at the moment.  Some day though.

SortaCloney2 by Armed Ferret, on Flickr
Link Posted: 1/15/2019 2:05:53 PM EDT
[#27]

Just the one height I think.  But they're very light, very strong, and very solid.  The one thing to note is that your scope *could* become slightly rotated when torquing the ring screws; my Viper PST did but the 6-24 on my varmint rig didn't.  I negated it by tweaking it JUUUUUST a cunthair counterclockwise before tightening and it was perfect when i was done.
View Quote
I've had that happen with my Larue and Leupold rings too.  And do the same as you....  I think cuz maybe they're vertically mated?

You know what's funny is I have this cheap UTQ mount and it's easy to mount a scope in there and it seems to work whenever I've tested it.  But I'm sure it gets no love because it looks dumb and probably is not very durable.  But I like it.  I like the height it's at too.  But I don't really want too leave it live on my recce because it's so...... ghetto.

Maybe I should though....  the height is perfect.

Link Posted: 1/15/2019 3:03:24 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ArmedFerret] [#28]

I've had that happen with my Larue and Leupold rings too.  And do the same as you....  I think cuz maybe they're vertically mated?

You know what's funny is I have this cheap UTQ mount and it's easy to mount a scope in there and it seems to work whenever I've tested it.  But I'm sure it gets no love because it looks dumb and probably is not very durable.  But I like it.  I like the height it's at too.  But I don't really want too leave it live on my recce because it's so...... ghetto.

Maybe I should though....  the height is perfect.

https://i.imgur.com/09lbOid.jpg
View Quote
Looks similar to my ADM non-cantilevered mount.  Although it probably cost a shitload less.  

Wifey's purple recce has a Burris PEPR on it, and when they're on sale they're a pretty good buy as well.  Much heavier than the Aero though.  If the weight isn't a big deal, it's a solid option (and comes in QD flavor)....with horizontally split rings.  
Link Posted: 1/15/2019 7:01:02 PM EDT
[#29]

Sorry had to save the page from all this AERO/UTG Pro talk!
Link Posted: 1/15/2019 7:57:44 PM EDT
[#30]
https://i.imgur.com/hfMBRYp.jpg

View Quote
Paint job on the GAP came out pretty damn bitchin man, nice.
Link Posted: 1/15/2019 10:39:39 PM EDT
[#31]

View Quote
I have a tenancy to go down that road and I was just thinking to myself, this isn't very navy recce...  LOL.  SORRY.  Very nice build and steering us back.  I love love love that bolt gun though.
Link Posted: 1/15/2019 11:55:16 PM EDT
[Last Edit: RTUtah] [#32]

View Quote
Thats a shit-hot box, my dude.
Link Posted: 1/16/2019 8:50:45 PM EDT
[#33]
When you get bored.

Link Posted: 1/16/2019 8:52:25 PM EDT
[#34]
Out of all the clone threads, I wish this was the most lax so we can see all the goofy shit people cook up using mostly clone parts.
Link Posted: 1/16/2019 8:58:21 PM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By SDMF_Rebel:

Out of all the clone threads, I wish this was the most lax so we can see all the goofy shit people cook up using mostly clone parts.
View Quote
The rings and optic are going on a bolt gun I'm waiting to go pick up.  This poor rifle doesn't have an optic at the moment.  Scored the old school UltraDot off @Dobs013 but I have other plan for it.
Link Posted: 1/16/2019 9:55:09 PM EDT
[#36]

View Quote
We need a MIL inspired clone thread.
Link Posted: 1/16/2019 10:44:27 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By Rothperson87:

View Quote
I’ve one that one for a while. Would be pretty sweet but kinda tough to inforce. But I love seeing all the builds with the tools of the trade.
Link Posted: 1/16/2019 10:47:13 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 1/16/2019 11:58:37 PM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By RTUtah:

What KAC riser is that?
View Quote
It ain’t, Bruh. Yankee Hill Machine.
Link Posted: 1/17/2019 12:24:29 AM EDT
[#40]
View All Quotes

WHO forgot to tell me about this thread LOL

this is legit the only thread I've been waiting for! finally.

I love doing builds on .mil style stuff only. I have a few. HOPEFULLY I get to do the next one that keeps eluding me. It will be a crowd fav if I get it done (eventually)
Link Posted: 1/17/2019 12:33:39 AM EDT
[#41]

It ain't, Bruh. Yankee Hill Machine.
View Quote
I knew it wasn't but damn if it don't look like a chopped-up SR25 riser, though I couldn't imagine anyone actually cutting one up.
Link Posted: 1/17/2019 12:56:01 AM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By HaveBlue83:

WHO forgot to tell me about this thread LOL

this is legit the only thread I've been waiting for! finally.

I love doing builds on .mil style stuff only. I have a few. HOPEFULLY I get to do the next one that keeps eluding me. It will be a crowd fav if I get it done (eventually)
View Quote
My bad!
Link Posted: 1/17/2019 7:13:17 AM EDT
[#43]
If I make a thread, you assholes better not leave me out to dry.

I wouldn't be worried about enforcing rules.  The builds that suck won't get any love and will go away. Natural selection.
Link Posted: 1/17/2019 8:13:30 AM EDT
[#44]
If I make a thread, you assholes better not leave me out to dry.

I wouldn't be worried about enforcing rules.  The builds that suck won't get any love and will go away. Natural selection.
View Quote
So what will the thread be? Just a conglomeration of clones or close to clones or frankenguns built with clone parts that dont really have a home?
Link Posted: 1/17/2019 8:47:25 AM EDT
[#45]

So what will the thread be? Just a conglomeration of clones or close to clones or frankenguns built with clone parts that dont really have a home?
View Quote
I’d say all that applies or at least builds that use mil parts or parts made by mil suppliers. At least that’s what I’ve envisioned.

Things like rails being defined as being from a few suppliers. Optics there is probably more leeway but we have a pretty good idea what is kosher. Also gives an opportunity for people to throw a more modern optic on a gun using older clone parts. Stocks and grips is rather open. Suppressors just a handful.

But I’ve see some very cool out of the box builds that don’t have a home but deserve to be shown off.-example recently is cdholmes RIS II AEM5 combo. I’m working on on a build now that may fit this proposed thread.

I’m just spitballing here.
Link Posted: 1/17/2019 8:52:14 AM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By Outrider:

I’d say all that applies or at least builds that use mil parts or parts made by mil suppliers. At least that’s what I’ve envisioned.

Things like rails being defined as being from a few suppliers. Optics there is probably more leeway but we have a pretty good idea what is kosher. Also gives an opportunity for people to throw a more modern optic on a gun using older clone parts. Stocks and grips is rather open. Suppressors just a handful.

But I’ve see some very cool out of the box builds that don’t have a home but deserve to be shown off.-example recently is cdholmes RIS II AEM5 combo. I’m working on on a build now that may fit this proposed thread.

View Quote
I think that's a great idea.  There are a lot of builds that use some clone parts but don't belong in any of the clone threads.  Maybe called mil-based builds or something like that.
Link Posted: 1/17/2019 8:52:33 AM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By Outrider:

View Quote
That's would be sweet, I like that idea! Should probably put a disclaimer in the title stating ***not for purists***.....hahaha
Link Posted: 1/17/2019 8:54:36 AM EDT
[#48]
I'll call it GWOT inspired clones.
Link Posted: 1/17/2019 9:18:38 AM EDT
[#49]
I think y'all are talking about concept clones based on GWOT-issued parts.
Link Posted: 1/17/2019 9:19:56 AM EDT
[#50]
I'll call it GWOT inspired clones.
View Quote
Don’t know about “clone” since these are more free spirited builds and not cloning anything (at least in my case though I know others are closer to clone deviations). But rather GWOT geared rigs-clone inspired or not the idea is rigs that are based off BTDT suppliers and battle proven setups.

Again just spitballing here. Getting excited for this one!

Sorry eyekahn for using your place!
Page / 123
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top