User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Page / 123
Link Posted: 9/15/2018 4:12:52 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By WarEagleAUB:
Got the x24 in today... This thing is nice...

https://farm2.staticflickr.com/1853/44634951872_b5de312862_b.jpg
View Quote
Looks sick. Now paint it!
Link Posted: 9/15/2018 7:22:32 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By Dobs013:
Threw a CTR on just to see what it felt like.... surprisingly it's not all that bad. Gonna keep it in the case and swap back and forth with the sopmod next range trip and see how it shoots with it.

https://i.imgur.com/ZF1gczT.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/NW8nzCG.jpg
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Threw a CTR on just to see what it felt like.... surprisingly it's not all that bad. Gonna keep it in the case and swap back and forth with the sopmod next range trip and see how it shoots with it.

https://i.imgur.com/ZF1gczT.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/NW8nzCG.jpg
Looks awesome.

Originally Posted By Eyekahn:

Looks sick. Now paint it!
Yea, itll be painted soon.
Link Posted: 9/16/2018 2:34:38 PM EDT
[#3]
Training day with the mk18, cqbr’s, B2, URG-I and of course the Recce... @SecretSquirell - here’s one of my set-ups although short work it’s a target rich environment. 2nd pic posted has 12 targets in view. First portion is pistol work, 2nd portion is carbine 30 to 100m nearly 300 degree.

Link Posted: 9/16/2018 2:42:15 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By 5pt56:
Training day with the mk18, cqbr’s, B2, URG-I and of course the Recce... @SecretSquirell - here’s one of my set-ups although short work it’s a target rich environment. 2nd pic posted has 12 targets in view. First portion is pistol work, 2nd portion is carbine 30 to 100m nearly 300 degree.
http://i.imgur.com/ffRmIAn.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/ziauN8O.jpg
View Quote
Damn! I need a place like that to shoot....and I'm jealous that you picked up a URG-I! That's next on my list to get once I get the recce wrapped up.
Link Posted: 9/16/2018 2:48:35 PM EDT
[#5]

Damn! I need a place like that to shoot....and I'm jealous that you picked up a URG-I! That's next on my list to get once I get the recce wrapped up.
View Quote
Come on over! Yeah I couldn't pass up the Brownells $110 off sale they ran. Picked up a couple small parts I needed anyhow to put me at the spend for the discount. I already had a spare SF4P sitting around and the colt receiver and BCG so it just made too much sense . So it's "their" fault. LOL
Link Posted: 9/16/2018 3:05:14 PM EDT
[#6]

Come on over! Yeah I couldn't pass up the Brownells $110 off sale they ran. Picked up a couple small parts I needed anyhow to put me at the spend for the discount. I already had a spare SF4P sitting around and the colt receiver and BCG so it just made too much sense . So it's "their" fault. LOL
View Quote
It is their fault.....hahaha
Link Posted: 9/16/2018 4:23:28 PM EDT
[#7]
http://i.imgur.com/ffRmIAn.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/ziauN8O.jpg
View Quote
Link Posted: 9/16/2018 4:30:03 PM EDT
[#8]
here's something you don't see every day..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZMkOuGQliHI
Link Posted: 9/16/2018 4:52:01 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By kemp:

View Quote
Very interesting. I dunno the background of the shooter/rifle, but that looks like an Allen can. Or am I crazy?
Link Posted: 9/17/2018 2:40:59 PM EDT
[#10]
the video appears to be about 8 years old, i'd say it's that dam neck 416 recce of indeterminate barrel length and suppressor type we've seen in some pics.
Link Posted: 9/17/2018 3:23:03 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By vanquishings:
Very interesting. I dunno the background of the shooter/rifle, but that looks like an Allen can. Or am I crazy?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By vanquishings:
Originally Posted By kemp:

Well, it's not an Allen can but it is an Ops 12th lol (That's for B_R).

But yes, it's a 416 based recce with barrel custom profiled for the 12th cans. They've been showing up in quite a few pics over the last few years.

Link Posted: 9/17/2018 8:58:54 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By TinyCrumb:

Well, it's not an Allen can but it is an Ops 12th lol (That's for B_R).

But yes, it's a 416 based recce with barrel custom profiled for the 12th cans. They've been showing up in quite a few pics over the last few years.

https://i.imgur.com/t5eUJl0.jpg
View Quote
Gonna give me the Ops inc answer.

Very interesting concept, though. You may have just given me an idea for this MR556 upper I have chilling around....

Thanks for the info, TC!
Link Posted: 9/18/2018 9:44:07 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Super_Trouper] [#13]
15.1 guys - are you running carbine or midlength gas system?

Is AEMB the only correct muzzle device if using an AEM5? I hate brakes.
Link Posted: 9/18/2018 3:23:23 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By Rothperson87:

Do I cut the barrel to 15" or 15.1 to get the can to match up to the rail? Is the .1" gonna make that big of a difference? I’ve seen both mentioned before...
http://i65.tinypic.com/oji3ph.jpg
View Quote
Mine is 15.6 with a 2.4 setback for the collar it gave me 0.100 off the rail. I have done 3 of them this way.

Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/18/2018 3:28:10 PM EDT
[#15]
Every time I build that rifle someone buys it. Now I did a Micro12.

Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/18/2018 3:48:50 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 9/18/2018 3:53:54 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Eyekahn] [#17]
Saw that in the mk12 thread. Killer job man. They all look badass.
Link Posted: 9/18/2018 4:02:33 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MS556] [#18]
That or the b.e. meyers 249f would be correct for the lilja barrel.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By MS556:
My Lilja barrel is not profiled for the collar and Ops Inc. can.

I was told that the barrel was intended by NWSC  Crane to be run with the KAC flash hider and integrated suppressor mount for the KAC QDSS-NT4.

Is that a clone correct option?

Here's my Lilja barrel with the KAC suppressor mount.  KAC rail is in transit.

Would this flash hider/suppressor mount be a clone correct alternative?

https://s20.postimg.cc/pz3lfdpfx/IMG_3606.jpg
That or the b.e. meyers 249f would be correct for the lilja barrel.
Thank you, sir!   Now the KAC rail.  The NT4 will come later.
Link Posted: 9/19/2018 12:12:42 AM EDT
[#19]
Anybody looking for a Recce barrel/KAC rail setup?  Thinking about parting mine out for other projects.
Link Posted: 9/19/2018 7:51:04 AM EDT
[Last Edit: ArmedFerret] [#20]
Originally Posted By Super_Trouper:
15.1 guys - are you running carbine or midlength gas system?

Is AEMB the only correct muzzle device if using an AEM5? I hate brakes.
View Quote
There have been a few builds I've seen in this thread with the Smith Vortex intended for the AE/Ops cans; whether it's hardcore clone-correct I couldn't say; I'm not, nor have I ever been, a SOF armorer.  My wife has a 16" AE-ready build (won't ever be posted in here cause the barrel, forged upper, and forged lower are about the only clone-correct-ish stuff on it ) with one, and I've been tossing the idea back and forth on my own mostly-clone build (i can't bring myself to spend the coin on clone-correct optics since there's stuff out there these days that's equal if not better for a LOT less coin--more money for reloading supplies to shoot the guns).

Bonus points, it's also about half the price of the brake, give or take a few dollars.
Link Posted: 9/19/2018 8:51:11 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Super_Trouper] [#21]
Originally Posted By ArmedFerret:

There have been a few builds I've seen in this thread with the Smith Vortex intended for the AE/Ops cans; whether it's hardcore clone-correct I couldn't say; I'm not, nor have I ever been, a SOF armorer.  My wife has a 16" AE-ready build (won't ever be posted in here cause the barrel, forged upper, and forged lower are about the only clone-correct-ish stuff on it ) with one, and I've been tossing the idea back and forth on my own mostly-clone build (i can't bring myself to spend the coin on clone-correct optics since there's stuff out there these days that's equal if not better for a LOT less coin--more money for reloading supplies to shoot the guns).

Bonus points, it's also about half the price of the brake, give or take a few dollars.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By ArmedFerret:

I may just go with the standard AEMB Because once I slap the fan on, it probably won’t really come off save for cleanings.

Any idea on gas system length?

Originally Posted By cdholmes:
Anybody looking for a Rectce barrel/KAC rail setup?  Thinking about parting mine out for other projects.
PM sent.
Link Posted: 9/21/2018 10:45:34 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 9/22/2018 3:26:20 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By AZMAN42:
https://i.imgur.com/mLyRVK1.jpg
View Quote
Link Posted: 9/22/2018 6:12:17 PM EDT
[#24]
I know its probably not kosher, but I wanted a vfg and didn't want to spend $80 for a taupe broomstick, so I threw a rvg on.

Link Posted: 9/24/2018 3:03:39 PM EDT
[#25]
Those of you with the 15.1-15.6" barrels made by CLE. How much more did it cost compared to a 16.1 barrel that they offer?
Link Posted: 9/24/2018 4:02:33 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By _rory_:
Those of you with the 15.1-15.6" barrels made by CLE. How much more did it cost compared to a 16.1 barrel that they offer?
View Quote
I didnt get my Recce barrel from CLE, but from talking to them about getting other custom barrel lengths, I would say there is no price difference.  Like they told me, it costs the same because any length you get is a custom barrel.
Link Posted: 9/24/2018 4:04:50 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By cdholmes:

I didnt get my Recce barrel from CLE, but from talking to them about getting other custom barrel lengths, I would say there is no price difference.  Like they told me, it costs the same because any length you get is a custom barrel.
View Quote
Exactly what I wanted to hear. Thanks!
Link Posted: 9/24/2018 5:13:39 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By _rory_:

Exactly what I wanted to hear. Thanks!
View Quote
They charged me the same price for my Bartlein. But I did pay to have them headspace to my colt bolt and assemble the upper just to make sure everything was perfect.
Link Posted: 9/24/2018 5:59:23 PM EDT
[#29]

They charged me the same price for my Bartlein. But I did pay to have them headspace to my colt bolt and assemble the upper just to make sure everything was perfect.
View Quote
You get it back yet?
Link Posted: 9/24/2018 9:34:02 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Eyekahn] [#30]

You get it back yet?
View Quote
Nope. Wish they would have shipped USPS. I already got some CQD mounts I ordered after the hurricane. UPS has been rerouting it cos of flooding.

I want to complain about it but I can’t. A lot of people lost everything. I was lucky that the flooding in my neighborhood stopped at my front door. 6 more inches and it would have been in the house. So not having my upper is insignificant.

It’ll be here soon!
Link Posted: 9/25/2018 6:25:51 AM EDT
[#31]

Nope. Wish they would have shipped USPS. I already got some CQD mounts I ordered after the hurricane. UPS has been rerouting it cos of flooding.

I want to complain about it but I can’t. A lot of people lost everything. I was lucky that the flooding in my neighborhood stopped at my front door. 6 more inches and it would have been in the house. So not having my upper is insignificant.

It’ll be here soon!
View Quote
That's good to hear! Yeah I hate getting tracking for something and seeing a ups tracking number...waiting on them gets agonizing sometimes
Link Posted: 9/25/2018 11:36:36 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Eyekahn] [#32]

That's good to hear! Yeah I hate getting tracking for something and seeing a ups tracking number...waiting on them gets agonizing sometimes
View Quote
This is the only update I’ve got on the rig. Painted up the CQD mounts

Link Posted: 9/26/2018 8:47:57 AM EDT
[#33]
Took the biggest step yesterday for the Beginning of my Recce build: ordered a new NXS 2.5-10x24. Do I want 1.325 or 1.5 rings?
Link Posted: 9/26/2018 9:02:57 AM EDT
[#34]
Took the biggest step yesterday for the Beginning of my Recce build: ordered a new NXS 2.5-10x24. Do I want 1.325 or 1.5 rings?
View Quote
1.375 if your not running clip on NV. From the pictures and what USNguns said 1.375 is Clone correct.
Link Posted: 9/26/2018 9:17:24 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Super_Trouper] [#35]

1.375 if your not running clip on NV. From the pictures and what USNguns said 1.375 is Clone correct.
View Quote
Is the 1.375 still a comfortable height? Not too low? That’s my main concern.
Link Posted: 9/26/2018 9:44:03 AM EDT
[#36]

View Quote
In my opinion, yes. Much better cheekweld when prone.
Link Posted: 9/26/2018 10:23:16 AM EDT
[#37]
Depends on how your built. I couldn't do the 1.375s so I switched to 1.5s...perfection
Link Posted: 9/26/2018 10:30:07 AM EDT
[#38]

View Quote
I think the 1.375's are perfect and I am a larger guy.
Link Posted: 9/26/2018 1:13:27 PM EDT
[#39]

I think the 1.375's are perfect and I am a larger guy.
View Quote
Same. I’m 6’3” with a giraffe neck and 1.375 is gtg. Either will be good for ya. I always go lower for better cheek weld. I’m running a dot up top so the NF will mostly be used when prone.
Link Posted: 9/26/2018 7:31:43 PM EDT
[#40]

Same. I’m 6’3” with a giraffe neck and 1.375 is gtg. Either will be good for ya. I always go lower for better cheek weld. I’m running a dot up top so the NF will mostly be used when prone.
View Quote
Thanks guys, went with 1.375. I figured I’ll probably throw a T1 or MRDS on top so I don’t want it to be super high. Now I just need to move some items in the EE so I can grab the rail and get CLE to spin me up a 15.1” Douglas.
Link Posted: 9/27/2018 2:41:32 PM EDT
[#41]
Got a Larue 12" handguard stealth 16" that I've been dragging along (including posting in the industry to ADCO) to make a recce inspired by TSGT Chapman, now I'm undecided as to whether or not to chop the barrel the wee bit when I have them do the slight contour for the collar.

Also really curious if anyone can help identify the optic- the turrets didn't look right for the NF, and it really reminded me of the Leupold 1-4 VX stuff which from what I found dates back this far.

Link Posted: 9/28/2018 5:26:33 PM EDT
[#42]

Dont mind the nasty Spikes lower haha its my only SBR at the moment

Link Posted: 9/28/2018 5:54:32 PM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By AZMAN42:
https://i.imgur.com/J9Uu7vX.jpg

Dont mind the nasty Spikes lower haha its my only SBR at the moment

https://i.imgur.com/5vVhwSU.jpg
View Quote
Ohhhh man.
Link Posted: 9/29/2018 1:45:10 PM EDT
[#44]
Ditched the vortex and put an aemb on! Looks proper now....

Link Posted: 9/29/2018 1:59:47 PM EDT
[#45]
Ditched the vortex and put an aemb on! Looks proper now....

https://i.imgur.com/mW2VRYs.jpg
View Quote
Looks great. Throw a broomstick on it!
Link Posted: 9/29/2018 2:18:17 PM EDT
[#46]

Looks great. Throw a broomstick on it!
View Quote
I have a painted one sitting in the parts bin. I'm gonna chop it tonight so as long as that goes to plan it should be on tomorrow.
Link Posted: 9/29/2018 6:28:08 PM EDT
[#47]
Ok so I messed up my cut on the broomstick.....so back to 3 vero panels. Hopefully I'll have an atpial here shortly.

Link Posted: 9/29/2018 9:54:42 PM EDT
[#48]
FF RAS is on the way, 1.375 NF rings as well. Form 1 on the lower should be done here in a couple months, by then I should have the barrel paid for. Definitely doing a CLE spun douglas 15.1. May be sacrilegious and use my nx8 on it though.
Link Posted: 9/30/2018 9:29:14 AM EDT
[#49]
Managed to salvage my chop job....took some redneck engineering but it works....

Link Posted: 9/30/2018 10:36:16 AM EDT
[#50]
Who has actually stretched their 15.1” Recce out? What kind of practical accuracy and effective range are you guys getting?
Page / 123
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top