Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 2/27/2021 1:48:40 PM EDT
Anybody have experience with the 2 offerings they have at the moment. The dm looks ok for my needs and they are discounted currently. The dmx does look a bit better planned out and might not suffer the large dot at mag issue, but does it reduce the usable dot under 1 power? The dmx are full price and I do like the larger visable dot options on my various rmr and t1 optics.
Link Posted: 2/27/2021 2:14:22 PM EDT
[#1]
Scopelist has the C597 for $2,400 and the demo C597 for $2,380.

Is the C653 worth $400 more to you?
Link Posted: 2/27/2021 2:31:05 PM EDT
[#2]
At that price another 400 wont kill me. I just want to get feedback from users on the option. Most complain that the dm reticle obstructs the target view at mag but it seems to me that the hold over would remove that problem. Really dont have the ability to see them both in person so I'm looking for the average hivemind opinion
Link Posted: 2/27/2021 2:53:19 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
At that price another 400 wont kill me. I just want to get feedback from users on the option. Most complain that the dm reticle obstructs the target view at mag but it seems to me that the hold over would remove that problem. Really dont have the ability to see them both in person so I'm looking for the average hivemind opinion
View Quote

Understood, but just wanted to clarify that they both aren't full price as the older reticle is discounted $400.
Link Posted: 2/27/2021 4:54:27 PM EDT
[#4]
I shouldnt have said these haha, edited to make it less confusing.
Link Posted: 2/27/2021 5:16:47 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Anybody have experience with the 2 offerings they have at the moment. The dm looks ok for my needs and they are discounted currently. The dmx does look a bit better planned out and might not suffer the large dot at mag issue, but does it reduce the usable dot under 1 power? The dmx are full price and I do like the larger visable dot options on my various rmr and t1 optics.
View Quote

Have an early ATACR 1-8x with FC-DM reticle. I like it a lot, but I do think the center dot is just a hair larger than I'd like at 0.3 mils. I just placed an order for another one with the FC-DMx reticle. No time behind it yet, but I think it will help to resolve my only real complaint about the 1st gen ATACR.
Link Posted: 2/28/2021 12:36:01 PM EDT
[#6]
Thats good to hear, I figured it would be worthwhile based on most of the reviews out there. Will probably just go with the dmx. Seems like a no lose option
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top