[#1]
Instead of the PSA 2 stage trigger I would get the LaRue MBT trigger for $87
Link Posted: 10/14/2018 11:24:46 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote
same, and instead of an Anderson lower, get a PSA or Aero lower. only a few bucks more but nicer (same price most likely for PSA as their lowers have been $39.99 lately)

and for the trigger. Oh yeah, the PSA 2 stage isn't even vetted yet. The MBT is an AWESOME trigger and for the $87 it's literally unbeatable right now
Link Posted: 10/15/2018 7:07:11 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
same, and instead of an Anderson lower, get a PSA or Aero lower. only a few bucks more but nicer (same price most likely for PSA as their lowers have been $39.99 lately)

and for the trigger. Oh yeah, the PSA 2 stage isn't even vetted yet. The MBT is an AWESOME trigger and for the $87 it's literally unbeatable right now
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks for the heads up on the trigger. I already have the lower so I'm just going to stick with it
Link Posted: 10/15/2018 10:40:34 AM EDT
[#4]
Did you buy the upper and BCG yet?  Overall it is a decent parts list, but there are some areas you could save some money and have the same performance.  The trigger change mentioned above and change out the $150 WMD BCG and $100 Upper reciever for a $70-100 dollar toolcraft nitride, phosphate or NIB (PSA had for 89.99) BCG and just get one of the AERO uppers for around $70
Link Posted: 10/15/2018 11:12:22 AM EDT
[#5]
I'd rather have the gunner barrel profile.

You can get them with a pinned gas block for $205 from AIM.
Link Posted: 10/15/2018 12:28:43 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Did you buy the upper and BCG yet?  Overall it is a decent parts list, but there are some areas you could save some money and have the same performance.  The trigger change mentioned above and change out the $150 WMD BCG and $100 Upper reciever for a $70-100 dollar toolcraft nitride, phosphate or NIB (PSA had for 89.99) BCG and just get one of the AERO uppers for around $70
View Quote
Have heard some not so great things about aero uppers and tool craft bcgs so I don't think I want them. I don't want it to be to cheap but not terribly expensive also
Link Posted: 10/15/2018 12:29:17 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I'd rather have the gunner barrel profile.

You can get them with a pinned gas block for $205 from AIM.
View Quote
I already have the barrel and gas block bought
Link Posted: 10/15/2018 1:56:08 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Have heard some not so great things about aero uppers and tool craft bcgs so I don't think I want them. I don't want it to be to cheap but not terribly expensive also
View Quote
Not sure what you heard, but both of those company's make top of the line products. They are also both OEM suppliers to some major company's.
Link Posted: 10/16/2018 7:41:12 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Not sure what you heard, but both of those company's make top of the line products. They are also both OEM suppliers to some major company's.
View Quote
The aero uppers some weren't milled right and bcgs I don't really remember what it was but enough for me to. It want it
Link Posted: 10/16/2018 7:46:33 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

The aero uppers some weren't milled right and bcgs I don't really remember what it was but enough for me to. It want it
View Quote
Sure you aren't thinking of Anderson?  I've not heard of any issues with Aero gear, and I have a goodly chunk of it.  I've seen some Anderson lowers (and uppers) that wouldn't nest with any corresponding parts but their own.
Link Posted: 10/16/2018 9:31:42 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote
Well that is news to me.  I have toolcraft bcg's with upwards of 10k rounds and no issues at all.  They are awesome at a great price.  Just buy from a reputable vendor as the only bad i have ever heard is vendors just buying the carriers and then adding cheap bolts.  The aero m4e1 is my favorite upper for the price right now.  You could also pick up a blem bcm upper for $70 or so.  They have a really tight barrel fit which is good for accuracy
Link Posted: 10/16/2018 9:41:08 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote
yeaaaaaaaaaaaah, the Aero uppers had a few small batch issues a while back in 2016, but they fixed it and continued on.

as for the Toolcraft BCGs getting a bad rep? Heck, even TOS begrudgingly admits that they're good to go. Toolcraft is all I buy for BCGs anymore
Link Posted: 10/16/2018 10:30:27 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Sure you aren't thinking of Anderson?  I've not heard of any issues with Aero gear, and I have a goodly chunk of it.  I've seen some Anderson lowers (and uppers) that wouldn't nest with any corresponding parts but their own.
View Quote
I've never heard anything bad about anderson though I haven't heard much. Anderson is the only lower you can get in my area with out doing an ffl transfer and pay for shipping
Link Posted: 10/16/2018 10:31:07 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Well that is news to me.  I have toolcraft bcg's with upwards of 10k rounds and no issues at all.  They are awesome at a great price.  Just buy from a reputable vendor as the only bad i have ever heard is vendors just buying the carriers and then adding cheap bolts.  The aero m4e1 is my favorite upper for the price right now.  You could also pick up a blem bcm upper for $70 or so.  They have a really tight barrel fit which is good for accuracy
View Quote
The price point on the WMD isn't much different than the others
Link Posted: 10/16/2018 10:41:57 AM EDT
[#15]
I looked into the tool craft BCG doesn't seem bad might just go that route
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top